Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,769 members, 7,889,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:08 PM

Why Did The Biafran Commander Surrendered To Obasanjo And Not Muritala? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did The Biafran Commander Surrendered To Obasanjo And Not Muritala? (1413 Views)

As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead / Okupe Reacts To Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did The Biafran Commander Surrendered To Obasanjo And Not Muritala? by okooyinbo(m): 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2009
Fellow Nairalanders, this topic has been on my mind quite a while. I have been wondering the reasons why Effiong chose to surrender to Obasanjo and not Muritala. I would like to hear your sincere opinions, possibly backed with evidence if available.
Re: Why Did The Biafran Commander Surrendered To Obasanjo And Not Muritala? by WilyWily: 2:44pm On Oct 21, 2009
To my opinion, General Effiong Suspended the war so that young Biafra Children will live to continue the fight to free their motherland Biafra from the Devil Paradise call Nigeria
Re: Why Did The Biafran Commander Surrendered To Obasanjo And Not Muritala? by Claus(m): 1:05pm On Oct 22, 2009
Obasanjo had taken over as commander of the 3rd Marine Commando unit from Col. Adekunle, so he (Obasanjo) was the one that led the final assault into the heart of what was left of Biafra.

Effiong therefore didn't really have a choice of who to surrender to. I'm not 100% sure, but if I remember correctly from the books I read, Murtala Muhammed had been recalled to Lagos by that time.
Re: Why Did The Biafran Commander Surrendered To Obasanjo And Not Muritala? by AbuMaryam1(m): 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2009
He waz scare to meet wid Ramat Mohammed.
Re: Why Did The Biafran Commander Surrendered To Obasanjo And Not Muritala? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 22, 2009
Claus:

Obasanjo had taken over as commander of the 3rd Marine Commando unit from Col. Adekunle, so he (Obasanjo) was the one that led the final assault into the heart of what was left of Biafra.

Effiong therefore didn't really have a choice of who to surrender to. I'm not 100% sure, but if I remember correctly from the books I read, Murtala Muhammed had been recalled to Lagos by that time.

this sounds correct.

(1) (Reply)

President Yaradua Suffers Massive Stroke / Uk Government Have Proposed That Non-eu Migrants Must Get Private Health Care. / Us Cdc Honors Nigerian Scientist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.