Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,165 members, 7,903,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 10:25 PM

The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment (4255 Views)

Senate Set To Suspend Ovie Omo-Agege Over Buhari Comment / Nigerians React To Aisha Buhari’s Comment On President’s Health / Photos: Throw Back Buhari Comment On Yar'adua Illness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by omonnakoda: 9:13pm On Oct 15, 2016
EmoBoy:
Nigeria is a useless country. A president can't say this a developed country without getting skinned
Is he not getting skinned? Why must you advertise your feelings of inferiority?
Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by omonnakoda: 9:13pm On Oct 15, 2016
EmoBoy:
Nigeria is a useless country. A president can't say this a developed country without getting skinned
Nigeria is not useless
Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by ahaika23: 9:15pm On Oct 15, 2016
The daura dullarrd at his normal self.

3 Likes

Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by omonnakoda: 9:23pm On Oct 15, 2016
krendo:

Is there any other country of the world where a former military dictator can come back 30 years later to win elections?

His record was there for all who cared to read

People ignored it for tribal sentiments

This man should not have been the nominee of a major party let alone win the general election

I will really like to know if Tinubu still considers himself smart!
People did not ignore it for sentiments ,YOU are the one being sentimental. It was exactly the same two candidates who contested 5 years ago. Jonathan won and did nothing to justify that victory. We must not forget that was a first in our history . He was that bad!! Anything is better than Jonathan.

Whatever we say about Jonathan he did not lose because of tribalism .His destiny was in his hands and he threw it away.Even the West had to wade in and open files for our "elders". When your president goes abroad and gets drunk to the extent he does not turn up for meetings there is a problem. So do not blame Tinubu at all. The same Tinubu that struck a deal with him and 4 months later was in the Accused Dock.Are you for real
Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by NaijaMutant(f): 9:43pm On Oct 15, 2016
Ishilove:

@op, which world? I only see two or three foreigners commenting on social media, so where's the 'world' here?

Mscheeeew, you sef are part of the problem angry

Hypocrite
Mention the Nigerians on the snapshot

5 Likes

Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by Ishilove: 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2016
NaijaMutant:

Hypocrite
Mention the Nigerians on the snapshot
Do you know the meaning of 'hypocrite'? Abi you just learnt the word today??
Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by everozone: 9:59pm On Oct 15, 2016
With this latest affront on the female folks by the number one citizen,any woman who supports or votes APC/Buhari come 2019 is a BIG fool.What Buhari statement entails is that kitchen is the place of women in the society.That's his mindset.Very sad.

5 Likes

Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by NaijaMutant(f): 10:00pm On Oct 15, 2016
Ishilove:

Do you know the meaning of 'hypocrite'? Abi you just learnt the word today??
That's what you are

How dare you try to distort a glaring fact by saying that the comments were just 2 or 3 foreigners when you could barely identify a Nigerian amongst the posters

By so doing you are just doing what the usual APC paid agents do. Play down the the situation till it becomes meaning less undecided

Hypocrite, Name the non-foreigners in the post

5 Likes

Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by Uniben4sure: 10:00pm On Oct 15, 2016
Right now I am ashamed to identify as Nigerian.

I need a change of nationality.

Ghana here I come!
Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by Uniben4sure: 10:03pm On Oct 15, 2016
NaijaMutant:

That's what you are

How dare you try to distort a glaring fact by saying that the comments where just 2 or 3 foreigners when you could barely identify a Nigerian amongst the posters

By so doing you are just doing what the usual APC paid agents do. Play down the the situation till it becomes meaning less undecided

No. They play down the situation until it becomes worse.

3 Likes

Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by Richy4(m): 10:07pm On Oct 15, 2016
krendo:

Buhari's election is a collective failure by Nigerians

We are a useless people and only God can save us

Please I suggest you don't use words carelessly the way you just did...maybe just to get some like.

I do not know what you mean by "WE". I am a Nigerian and a proud one at that....I can do what Guys in various countries that have a working Government and Better management can do... Infact I have seen and worked with them.... I know I am not part of your useless team... and I have guys in Nigeria who are intelligent and smart too....

This guy is old and most of his mates are having dementia and were looked after overseas...If I were U, I will not take the statement of someone this old serious and to heart....Yes I agree that Nigerians made mistakes by electing him but they are not useless as you said... mistake can always be corrected..

3 Likes

Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by MXrep: 10:11pm On Oct 15, 2016
Richy4:

Please I suggest you don't use words carelessly the way you just did...maybe just to get some like.

I do not know what you mean by "WE". I am a Nigerian and a proud one at that....I can do what Guys in various countries that have a working Government and Better management can do... Infact I have seen and worked with them.... I know I am not part of your useless team... and I have guys in Nigeria who are intelligent and smart too....

This guy is old and most of his mates are having dementia and were looked after overseas...If I were U, I will not take the statement of someone this old serious and to heart....Yes I agree that Nigerians made mistakes by electing him but they are not useless as you said... mistake can always be corrected..
we are useless for electing him, no sugarcoating

2 Likes

Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by MXrep: 10:14pm On Oct 15, 2016
omonnakoda:
People did not ignore it for sentiments ,YOU are the one being sentimental. It was exactly the same two candidates who contested 5 years ago. Jonathan won and did nothing to justify that victory. We must not forget that was a first in our history . He was that bad!! Anything is better than Jonathan.

Whatever we say about Jonathan he did not lose because of tribalism .His destiny was in his hands and he threw it away.Even the West had to wade in and open files for our "elders". When your president goes abroad and gets drunk to the extent he does not turn up for meetings there is a problem. So do not blame Tinubu at all. The same Tinubu that struck a deal with him and 4 months later was in the Accused Dock.Are you for real
Just Imagine?? This is what you people repeat all the time to console yourself whenever you regret voting the dull.ard

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by omonnakoda: 10:18pm On Oct 15, 2016
MXrep:

Just Imagine?? This is what you people repeat all the time to console yourself whenever you regret voting the dull.ard
That is a stupid remark . Even if Jonathan was unopposed the second tie he did not deserve to win.He had nothing to offer.Rather than talk nonsense tell us why he deserved a second term.Tell us what he did even in Bayelsa state his home state
Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by Ishilove: 10:24pm On Oct 15, 2016
NaijaMutant:

That's what you are

How dare you try to distort a glaring fact by saying that the comments were just 2 or 3 foreigners when you could barely identify a Nigerian amongst the posters

O ga o. It truly seems you just learned the word. Go get yourself educated on what 'hypocrite' means and then come back to have a meaningful discussion
Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by ameezy(m): 10:25pm On Oct 15, 2016
Choi see fuk up angry
Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by NaijaMutant(f): 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2016
Ishilove:

O ga o. It truly seems you just learned the word. Go get yourself educated on what 'hypocrite' means and then come back to have a meaningful discussion

I've made my point, and you remain a hypocrite for life undecided

3 Likes

Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by LoveDecay(m): 10:36pm On Oct 15, 2016
EmoBoy:

It takes one to know one grin

Buhari, make comments about his wife in Nigeria , not a western country. A man whose wives sons and daughters are educated in the UK, and Nigeria not the world see;s this as an issue.

Just so that you know, the world , except "useless" Nigerian's like you do not know that our country is still highly traditional and patriarchal.

Nothing Buhari said should shock you. You have said to your sisters and girlfriends and other women you meet - indirectly or directly.

And just so that you know, a large percentage or men and women still believe a womans place is in the kitchen and bedroom.

Buhari is an african leader and cannot be judged easily by western tenets.
Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by Ishilove: 10:38pm On Oct 15, 2016
NaijaMutant:

I've made my point, and you remain a hypocrite for life undecided
And you remain an illiterate until you get educated.
Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by bayelsaowei(m): 10:45pm On Oct 15, 2016
krendo:

Is there any other country of the world where a former military dictator can come back 30 years later to win elections?

His record was there for all who cared to read

People ignored it for tribal sentiments

This man should not have been the nominee of a major party let alone win the general election

I will really like to know if Tinubu still considers himself smart!
tinubu the control freak..i hope he can sit back and enjoy this show of shame..

The truth is many almajiris and beggars on the street all voted for buhari that has become an international embarrassment..

How illiterates who beg on the street determines who leads a country like nigeria baffles me till this moment..and to know many educated people from the south voted alongside such persons baffles me more..

embarassed

5 Likes

Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by bayelsaowei(m): 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2016
plaetton:

A candidate that could not come out in a debate to articulate his vision.
Wow.
We really messed up.
messed up big time..in a country with many enlightened persons..

Infact the enlightened voted in and for buhari..a disgrace to the nation..

What a shame... embarassed

3 Likes

Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by Richy4(m): 10:50pm On Oct 15, 2016
MXrep:

we are useless for electing him, no sugarcoating

Since you do not want to make use of your dictionary, I will help......So this is what it meant when you call yourself useless

<<incompetent, <<ineffective, <<worthless,
<<ineffectual, <<incapable, <<inept,
<<inadequate, <<hopeless, <<weak,
<<bad, <<no good; <<Futile, <<purposeless,
<<impractical, <<vain, << hopeless, <<unusable,
<<ineffectual, <<inefficacious, <<impotent, <<fruitless,
<<unprofitable, <<profitless, <<unproductive,<< unachievable, <<Sisyphean;
<<having no ability or skill

Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 15, 2016
bayelsaowei:
tinubu the control freak..i hope he can sit back and enjoy this show of shame..

The truth is many almajiris and beggars on the street all voted for buhari that has become an international embarrassment..

How illiterates who beg on the street determines who leads a country like nigeria baffles me till this moment..and to know many educated people from the south voted alongside such persons baffles me more..

embarassed
My favourite all time foreign minister Odein Ajumogogbia made a very good argument

We are more suited for parliamentary democracy where only the elected MPs choose the prime minister. At least there will be enough sensible MPs to select a competent prime minister

Our demographics just makes it hard to produce a sensible President

1 Like

Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by bayelsaowei(m): 11:01pm On Oct 15, 2016
krendo:

My favourite all time foreign minister Odein Ajumogogbia made a very good argument

We are more suited for parliamentary democracy where only the elected MPs choose the prime minister. At least there will be enough sensible MPs to select a competent prime minister

grin

I tell you..whilst driving through the congestions in Victoria island on my way home I saw beggars asking for money..And I was furious..because the same beggars would rush back to vote for buhari when it's time for elections...
Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by Osyxcel(m): 11:04pm On Oct 15, 2016
See better whining grin

We are not useless undecided
Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by malele(m): 11:15pm On Oct 15, 2016
Dannyfaraday:

Nigeria is not a useless country neither are we useless people. one man's actions doesn't determines a whole country.
we are a Great people and a Great nation.
I BELIEVE IN NIGERIA.

B dreaming, anyway I withdraw from statement, nigeria is a good country but has extremely useless people and leaders
Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 15, 2016
Ishilove:

Please don't generalise. You might be 'useless' (na you talk am o), but I'm not.

I do agree only God can save us, but he won't come down from His throne to do it. He will use humans.

@op, which world? I only see two or three foreigners commenting on social media, so where's the 'world' here?

Mscheeeew, you sef are part of the problem angry
Help me ask am.
Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by Miggs(m): 11:28pm On Oct 15, 2016
Wetin concern me with wetin bloody whities dey yarn?Insha allah SAI BABA till 2023

1 Like

Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by alezzy13: 11:38pm On Oct 15, 2016
where is the "world" here?

BTW isnt his episode becoming rather boring?
Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by franesy(m): 12:23am On Oct 16, 2016
Dannyfaraday:

Nigeria is not a useless country neither are we useless people. one man's actions doesn't determines a whole country.
we are a Great people and a Great nation.
I BELIEVE IN NIGERIA.
YEYE DEY SMELL (o) (;
Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by csamii: 12:27am On Oct 16, 2016
krendo:

Nah! It still won't work. The tribal war will be taken to another level. People with the same ideology and culture will still present their people as potential candidate for PM and in this case, the region that's got the highest number of MP will determine the outcome.

Our best option is to restructure and relive FG off excess power or we break up naija.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The World Reacts To Buhari's Comment by limeta(f): 12:43am On Oct 16, 2016
omonnakoda:
Nigeria is not useless

Admit it nigeria is useless

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shocking!!! All You Need To Know About Anambra State.(photos) / Asari Dokubo Advices Biafrans Against Reprisal Attack / PDP Trashing APC In A Poll On Apc's Twitter Handle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.