Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,034 members, 7,906,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:26 PM

Bible Quiz Game - Forum Games (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Bible Quiz Game (26545 Views)

Brain Quiz!!! / Bible Quiz / Dis Quiz Made 2 Guyz Throw Serious Blows On Themselves.lmao (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:43am On Sep 05, 2007
OlowoTee:

Ceremonial Law? Could it be the law on Sabbath. Exodus 20:1-17

You hit the bull's-eye there, excellent.

feelgood:

Q: where did the bible talk about 419 (give refs please) and who was it referring to?

I suppose that you are refering to the prosperity preachers that are quick to claim Phillipians 4:19 without wanting to practise or obey verses 14-18 lipsrsealed

pilgrim.1:

Not interrupting the flow. . . but make una permit me to tease my good friend small. . . grin

Well, maybe we have someone else who might clinch the medal there: MELCHIZEDEK! grin

"Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually." - - (Heb. 7:3)

At least we know say Enoch (Gen. 5:18) and Elijah (1 Kings 17:1) had descent. . . hehe. But Melchi-baba. . . he senior those two by far! grin

I know that you are trying to pull my leg. grin  But on a serious note I believe Melchi-baba had no recorded genealogy that is, his genealogy was not counted so that he could be a type of the Christ as God before He was begotten who had no father, mother, birth or death as a Divine Being.

----------

Who was the first person(s) to have been surgically operated upon?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 6:16am On Sep 05, 2007
Adam.
Your answer to mine is wrong. Phil 4:19 does not refer to 419 if you follow the (aforementioned)definition of what/who a 419 is.
My question therefore still stands. Where did the Bible talk of 419 and who was it referring to?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Ndipe(m): 8:40am On Sep 05, 2007
Pilgrim, thank you for the Biblical verse that deals specifically on Melchizedek. To be frank, reading the Holy Bible is very refreshing.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 8:48am On Sep 05, 2007
Ahh, my brother Ndipe. . you must have been listening to the same thing that I heard this morning on a shortwave Christian station: "reading the Holy Bible is very refreshing!" God bless you more in your reading. wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 8:52am On Sep 05, 2007
@OLAADEGBU,

OLAADEGBU:

I know that you are trying to pull my leg. grin But on a serious note I believe Melchi-baba had no recorded genealogy that is, his genealogy was not counted so that he could be a type of the Christ as God before He was begotten who had no father, mother, birth or death as a Divine Being.

Lol, true - I was trying to tease you. But good one - and yes, yours appreciated. wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 9:02am On Sep 05, 2007
@feelgood,

feelgood:

My question therefore still stands. Where did the Bible talk of 419 and who was it referring to?

It's true - your question still stands. So let me have one shot (and probably fail again). . . lol  grin

(# 1) Psalm 41:9 -- "Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me."

It was referring to Judas - who betrayed Jesus: "I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me." (John 13:18)

Gbam! grin

Can't ask a question as yet until you've scored us whether wrong or right - before we go on to the next.

You guys have been great in this thread - keeping it quite interesting, illuminating, entertaining, and refreshing. May God bless each one in all things for Jesus' sake! wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 05, 2007
@Pilgrim1

You're welcome back, you've been away for some day(s) i guess wink. How's life with you and your loved ones.

Just decided to say hello to you. Reading through your post has been refreshing too! grin grin.

All the best.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Ndipe(m): 9:54am On Sep 05, 2007
Certain dilemas that I am constantly facing (which I know is not related to the topic), when reading a novel is coming across an insertion of a foul language in the novel, or using God's Name to stress a point. How can I resolve this conflicts? Quit reading it, or am I making a big deal out of fictional novels?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 10:35am On Sep 05, 2007
Lol,. . . @OlowoTee,

Thank you for your continued care and prayers. In so many ways, God has been there - both answering your prayers, challenging me, and blessing those around me. I'm so grateful. I've been quite busy the past few days; and this morning is not as busy yet. . . maybe towards noon.

And I hope that all yours are well and blessed? To God be all the glory. wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 10:47am On Sep 05, 2007
@Ndipe,

Well, take the novels for what they are - 'fictional'. I do understand, though, that there's bound to be some worries when reading 'fictional' work that not only use foul language and all sorts; but even deliberately impinge on one's convictions - such as Dan Brown sought to do with his Da Vinci Code. We read newspapers as well and come across certain unsightly pictures, ridiculous quips, etc. Here's one passage among several others that helps me with issues like this:

[list]
1 Corinthians 5:8-10
Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.[/list]

We are daily bombarded with serious contrary stuff; but it's not ours to run out of the world on account to such. But then, in heart, mind, and association, we are to take care "not to company" with issues that continually war against our souls (1 Pet. 2:11 - KJV. . . incidentally, I love that verse so much, and that's what informed my username wink ).

I do hope that you'll find some help in this. Cheers. smiley
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 10:48am On Sep 05, 2007
@feelgood and all,

I'm sorry. . . didn't mean to go outside the scope of this thread. So, I'm quiet now for the Bible Quiz to continue. You folks are super! smiley
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 11:02am On Sep 05, 2007
Pilgrim1 - you are correct. Psalm 41:9; judas. I had thought that would take a long time in getting. You are a blessing.
Q: at what age was Joseph when he made himself known to his brethren in Egypt? And after how many years was that?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47pm On Sep 05, 2007
feelgood:

Q: at what age was Joseph when he made himself known to his brethren in Egypt? And after how many years was that?

Mathematical calculus wink

If Joseph was 17 years of age before he was sold into slavery by his brethren Gen 37:2;

And he spent 13 years before he stood before Pharaoh Gen 41:46-54 making him 30 years old.

Then another 7 years of bumper harvest

And another[b] 2[/b] years of famine Gen 45:2

Therefore, 17+13+7+2

Is equal to 39 years old when Joseph appeared to his brethren.  QED.  wink

-----------

Please if we can endure to answer the question above us before we ask our questions would be appreciated.  It is not to ask questions alone but at least making a honest attempt that matters so that we can all search the scriptures to verify.  Thank you and God bless.

-----------

My kweshun still stands unanswered:

OLAADEGBU:

Re: Bible Quiz Game by Genial(m): 3:31pm On Sep 05, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

Adam. Got took a bone (rib) out of his side. Gen 2:21
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 9:19pm On Sep 05, 2007
@Olaadegbu
I had answered ur question on the 1st surgical ops - see post 193 - apparently you overlooked it. Anyway, genial has answered it again.
Also, I asked 2 questions; you answered one correctly. But the second still stands:
How many yrs had Joseph spent in Egypt b4 making himself known to his brethren?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:18am On Sep 06, 2007
feelgood:

@Olaadegbu
I had answered your question on the 1st surgical ops - see post 193 - apparently you overlooked it. Anyway, genial has answered it again.
Also, I asked 2 questions; you answered one correctly. But the second still stands:
How many years had Joseph spent in Egypt before making himself known to his brethren?

I sincerely apologise for missing your answer. The answer to the second part of your question is 22 years Gen 41:46-54; 45:2 as to the total number of years Joseph spent in Egypt before appearing to his brethren.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 7:34am On Sep 06, 2007
Drinking urine is not supported by scriptures. Give the reference
2. This king practiced occultism for decades, among many evils - yet when he turned to God in repentance, God forgave him. Who was he?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 7:15pm On Sep 07, 2007
Hello m'hearties,
is no one interested in the quiz again? or are the questions difficult?
This silence is quite discomfitting
Re: Bible Quiz Game by cgift(m): 8:47am On Sep 10, 2007
feelgood:

Hello m'hearties,
is no one interested in the quiz again? or are the questions difficult?
This silence is quite discomfitting

lol, your question hard now.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 10:22am On Sep 10, 2007
cgift, noted.
i shall wait for another person to confirm that the questions are difficult b4 I proceed to give the answers - this quiz shd not die o.
Pilgrim1, Oladeegbu, Olowotee, etc, where are you? have you given up on the thread already?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 10:36am On Sep 10, 2007
feelgood:

Pilgrim1, Oladeegbu, Olowotee, etc, where are you? have you given up on the thread already?

Lol. . . no O! grin No mind me - been busy these days. But let me try (and perhaps fail again):

feelgood:

Drinking urine is not supported by scriptures. Give the reference

Lol. . reference dey for that one again? grin Well, the one reference I remember about the sad episode in Israel's history about drinking urine is Isaiah 36:12 (cf. 2 Kings 18:27) --

[list]"But Rabshakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words?
hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink
their own piss with you?
"[/list]

And we know that is not something to jubilate about. However, if anyone has spare time, they could check out the ultimate urine test - drinking your own piss! I'm not saying this is recommended. . just thout to lighten the mood! grin

feelgood:

2. This king practiced occultism for decades, among many evils - yet when he turned to God in repentance, God forgave him. Who was he?

Ahab -

[list]
1 Kings 21:25-29
'But there was none like unto Ahab, which did sell himself to work wickedness in the sight of the LORD, whom Jezebel his wife stirred up. And he did very abominably in following idols, according to all things as did the Amorites, whom the LORD cast out before the children of Israel. And it came to pass, when Ahab heard those words, that he rent his clothes, and put sackcloth upon his flesh, and fasted, and lay in sackcloth, and went softly. And the word of the LORD came to Elijah the Tishbite, saying, Seest thou how Ahab humbleth himself before me? because he humbleth himself before me, I will not bring the evil in his days: but in his son's days will I bring the evil upon his house.[/list]

How far? cheesy
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2007
Pilgrim1 - your answer to the 1st question is right.
To the second one, I had Manasseh in mind - 2chronicles 33:1-7, 12,13
Q: her bad influence made her child a satanic instrument to cause the death of the greatest prophet of all time. Who was she & what was the child's name?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2007
Herodias, The daughter's name is not mentioned.
matt 14: 1-12
Now we can formally close the thread as nobody is apparently interested in it.
sighs , and signs off
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 13, 2007
@feelgood

Please, don't go sad. I've been enjoying the session, but your questions'd been soooo thought provoking and Bible-Searchy.

I've learnt some lessons from the study so far wink, do keep up the good job and remember that  there're more Readers Observers to Writers on this forum. You might be blessing some people out there tongue grin.

Waiting for more questions wink plsss!!
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Infourmer: 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2007
Q : where in the world were the disciples first called christians?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2007
in Antioch wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 10:19pm On Sep 13, 2007
Thanks Olowotee, thought the folks were getting tired.
Q: God sent His prophet to this family with an express command. They disobeyed, and God was pleased with them. Who are these people and quote the ref pls
Re: Bible Quiz Game by kellorah: 10:20pm On Sep 13, 2007
He was pleased?! shocked
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 10:31pm On Sep 13, 2007
yep kellorah, HE was pleased with them. Care to give the answer?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by kellorah: 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2007
The Amorites? tongue
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 10:48pm On Sep 13, 2007
lol kellorah, nope.
Let's see if anyone will come up with the answer
cheers
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2007
The Rechabites - read Jeremiah 35! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

How Many Locks Are Open? / Introduce Yourself With Something That Almost Killed You / Geography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.