Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,009 members, 7,906,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 03:43 PM

Bible Quiz Game - Forum Games (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Bible Quiz Game (26544 Views)

Brain Quiz!!! / Bible Quiz / Dis Quiz Made 2 Guyz Throw Serious Blows On Themselves.lmao (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Quiz Game by atutupoyo(f): 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2007
@Jaybaby, Jacob when he wrestled wiyh angel (Gen 32:26).
@davidylan somewhere in Jerimiah,
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2007
atutupoyo:

@davidylan somewhere in Jerimiah,

Jeremiah 4 to be precise. wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by samueline(f): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2007
@ atutupoyyo
I wont say badgers isnt correct but I'm more familiar with KJV which says its conies.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by samueline(f): 8:57am On Sep 24, 2007
Wisdom is the principal thing:

Pr. 4:7
Re: Bible Quiz Game by samueline(f): 9:18am On Sep 24, 2007
Where in the Bible is it written that an hungry person sees bitter/tasteless food as very sweet/tasty?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by GeeCee(m): 12:41pm On Sep 24, 2007
samueline:

Where in the Bible is it written that an hungry person sees bitter/tasteless food as very sweet/tasty?

proverbs 27:7
Re: Bible Quiz Game by hollandis(f): 12:44pm On Sep 24, 2007
who was the disciple that Jesus loved?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 24, 2007
John the beloved
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Jehu: 3:58pm On Sep 24, 2007
In the genealogy of Jesus Christ as reflected in the Books of Matthew and Luke.
Jesus was reputed to have descended from the line of King David through Joseph his father.

If Jesus was in fact begotten through immaculate conception, how come his birth-line is traced
through the man that was not acclaimed as his actual Dad?

Was Jesus actually begotten through immaculate conception or is Joseph the carpenter his true Dad ?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Phiniter(m): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2007
He was to be the son of an earthly father for the people to accept him, I mean that's why he came in form of man,, you don't expect him to be more ethereal than people of the earth I mean we might not have believed in him now
might not have taken him to be one of us so that genology actually make him an earthly being though concieved immaculately
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Ndipe(m): 9:23pm On Sep 24, 2007
The conception of Jesus Christ was achieved by Divine Intervention, through the Holy Spirit. His step-father, Joseph descended from the genealogy of David, likewise His mum, Mary. So, either way, Jesus Christ in His earthly life is a descendant of David.

Please note there is a difference between immaculate conception, which actually means the conception of Mary in her mother's womb and the Virginal Conception, which pertains to the Birth of Jesus Christ by a virgin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immaculate_Conception
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 24, 2007
It is debatable but the general consensus is that Mary's genealogy is the one traced in the book of Luke
Re: Bible Quiz Game by electronic(m): 2:53pm On Sep 25, 2007
AFTER JOB WAS TEMPTED BY THE DEVIL, GOD REWARDED HIM AND DOUBLED EVERYTHING HE HAD RIGHT?
BUT WHO KNOWS WHY HIS CHILDREN (AFTER THE TEMPTATION)
WERE NOT TWICE THE NUMBER THAT THEY WERE.

EVEN WHEN THE BIBLE SAID GOD DOUBLED ALL HE HAD.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 25, 2007
electronic:

AFTER JOB WAS TEMPTED BY THE DEVIL, GOD REWARDED HIM AND DOUBLED EVERYTHING HE HAD RIGHT?

This is another interesting question! Can't wait to get the answer. smiley
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2007
Jehu:

In the genealogy of Jesus Christ as reflected in the Books of Matthew and Luke.
Jesus was reputed to have descended from the line of King David through Joseph his father.
If Jesus was in fact begotten through immaculate conception, how come his birth-line is traced
through the man that was not acclaimed as his actual Dad?

Was Jesus actually begotten through immaculate conception or is Joseph the carpenter his true Dad ?

The birth-line of the Son of God, Jesus Christ can both be traced through Mary and Joseph.  The genealogy of Jesus through Mary is what you find in Luke 3:23-38 and His genealogy through Joseph can be found in Matt.1:1-16

Mary's father Heli Lk.3:23 had no sons but had daughters and as the custom is for the husband of Mary to become the legal son of Heli since women are never reckoned in genealogies.  So Joseph took the place of Mary in this genealogy which is the natural line traced back to Adam.  Jesus' genealogy could also be traced through Joseph in Matt.1:16 which is the royal line this begins at the source of the dynasty and ends with Jesus Christ.

As it is clear that Joseph did not have sexual relations with Mary before Mary conceived, the immaculate conception took place in Luke 1:35 where the Holy Spirit 'overshadowed' Mary preventing Mary's sinful nature to pass unto that 'Holy thing' who was to be known as the Son of God.  Thus, the only begotten of the Father.

Luke 1:47 This verse disproves the theory of the immaculate conception or the total absence of original sin in Mary as taught in the RCC and referenced by Ndipe.  If God was her Saviour then she must have been a sinner in order to be saved.  It is another fallacy that Mary did not consumate her marriage after the birth of Jesus, as she had four sons and at least three daughters Luke 8:19 Matt.13:55-56; Mark 6:3; Matt.1:25; Lk.2:7; Psalms 69:8-9; Matt. 12:46-50; Mk.3:31-35; Lk.8:19-21; Jn.2:12; 7:3-10; Acts.1:14; Gal. 1:19;

I had to go to this extent so as to disprove the false doctrines which was started by the pagans in the church in their attempt to raise the profile of Mary from a mere 'handmaid of the Lord' Lk.1:38 to that of mother of God and to invest her with divine powers as a goddess.  Hence, preparing the way for identifying her as the goddess of paganism, who is supposed to be the mother of a divine son, and who is yet a virgin.  Such as Isis, the mother of Horus who is depicted to be always with a son in her arms.  It is no surprise that the adherents from the other religion have the misconception that Christians believe in God the Father, the Mother and the Son as trinity.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by atutupoyo(f): 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2007
@electronics
God gave him the same amount of children but doubled his possession, this affirms the value of life to objects of wealth.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by swiftycool(m): 10:50pm On Sep 25, 2007
"And the Sons of God laid with the Daughters of men which bore them Children
These became men who did great exploits in their time"

Who were these Sons of God?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by atutupoyo(f): 10:54pm On Sep 25, 2007
Angels
Re: Bible Quiz Game by swiftycool(m): 11:18pm On Sep 25, 2007
atutupoyo:

Angels

WRong!
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Ndipe(m): 11:37pm On Sep 25, 2007
Oladeegbu, thanks for the information/explanation on the Genealogy of Jesus Christ, traced through Joseph and Mary.

About the immaculate conception, Catholics, I think have always defined it to mean that Mary was conceived without sin. I knew that is not true, but your explanation about the Power of the Holy Spirit overshadowing Mary during her pregnancy to stop the transmission of her sins to His Only Begotten Son, I believe that to be true. God is Wonderful and Loving, that He took all these measures to save me a worthless sinner. Lets all adore Him with the full measure of our hearts, Amen.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by atutupoyo(f): 10:07pm On Sep 26, 2007
@ swiftycool whats the answer ? In Gensis before the flood occured the sons of men that laid with daughters of men were they not from heaven?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by atutupoyo(f): 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2007
I mean fallen angels.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by palemoon(f): 1:04am On Sep 27, 2007
The woman that named God After she encountered Him was Hagar, Abrahams concubine.
Moses did not enter the promise land in his life time but when Jesus was transfigured he actually entered the promised land.

'' By this shall men know you are my disciples if ---------''
Complete the statement
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Ndipe(m): 2:38am On Sep 27, 2007
@palemoon.

Where in the New Testament is it written that Moses entered the promised land during the Transfiguration of Jesus Christ?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by ricadelide(m): 4:20am On Sep 27, 2007
@palemoon,
palemoon:

'' By this shall men know you are my disciples if ---------''
Complete the statement
Happy Birthday!!
. . . . if you love one another" (John 13;35)

@electronic,
electronic:

There are two explanations that come to my mind right now depending on what 'everything he had' means;

If 'everything he had' means just his pocessions then the sons and daughters are not included. This is hinted at in this quote from Job 1:2-3
(2) Seven sons and three daughters were born to him. (3) His possessions also were 7,000 sheep, 3,000 camels, 500 yoke of oxen, 500 female donkeys, and very many servants; and that man was the greatest of all the men of the east
That verse seems to imply that by 'his pocessions' the bible referred to the animals he had, thus distinguishing that from his children. However the word 'also' in verse 3 undermines that argument.

The second argument, which i think is more plausible, is that God actually doubled the number of children he had. Consider it this way; animals are not spirit-beings, and when animals die, they cease to exist since they don't have spirits. Thus God literally had to double the number of those animal pocessions he has since the ones he had before had ceased to exist. However, according to the bible, with humans it is different. When we die, we do not cease to exist. Thus by God giving him 7 more sons and three more daughters, God actually doubled his number of children - because his other (so-called dead) sons and daughters were still existing in another realm and they are or were probably with God, the only difference is they are not with Job on earth.  So its still double. Get my drift? God's Word is sweet. Cheers smiley.

@all,
Kweshun,
How did Methuselah die?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2007
@davidylan,

Your answer to my kweshun was spot on, great job. cheesy

@Ndipe,

Thanks for the weblink on Elijah but I would rather stick to what is clearly written in the Truth book than to go by human's interpretation of the scriptures.

Ndipe:

" but your explanation about the Power of the Holy Spirit overshadowing Mary during her pregnancy to stop the transmission of her sins to His Only Begotten Son, I believe that to be true. God is Wonderful and Loving, that He took all these measures to save me a worthless sinner. Lets all adore Him with the full measure of our hearts, Amen."

I also thank you for the insight you raised in the highlighted sentence above it surely made me to be grateful for the part the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit's played in my redemption.

ricadelide:

@all,
Kweshun,
How did Methuselah die?

The meaning of the name Methuselah in the semitic language is when he dies then it shall happen, that is, the flood.  This was a prophesy of Enoch regarding the flood that was to wipe out the earth in judgment.  So from that I can deduce that he died a natural death before the flood came.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by swiftycool(m): 9:24am On Sep 28, 2007
atutupoyo:

I mean fallen angels.

Quite correct!, but better put as DEMONS. Do u have an idea of any
of such offsprings of these "Sons of God?"
You will be suprised to discover
Re: Bible Quiz Game by electronic(m): 11:17am On Sep 28, 2007
@ricadelide
thats was one of the must intelligent answers
i have ever heard aboout the quiz
the second answer is absolutely correct.
GOOD JOB grin
Re: Bible Quiz Game by palemoon(f): 10:51pm On Sep 28, 2007
@ricadelide
Thanks alot

@Ndipe
During the transfiguration, Moses and Elijah appeared to Jesus on a mountain in Isreal which is the promised land
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Ndipe(m): 11:06pm On Sep 28, 2007
Where is it in the Holy Bible that can back up your claim@palemoon?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by ricadelide(m): 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2007
@oladeegbu,
absolutely! If we calculate the age and chronology, we can know he died in the same year the flood was sent, so showing that the prophesy given in/by his name was accurate. So he probably died naturally just a few months before the flood. Cheers!

@electronic,
thanks!
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 9:50am On Oct 02, 2007
The senior lost his birthright to the junior because he fell to the temptation to commit sexual immorality

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

How Many Locks Are Open? / Introduce Yourself With Something That Almost Killed You / Geography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.