Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,757 members, 7,875,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:09 AM

Saddam Hussein Is Dead - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Saddam Hussein Is Dead (11336 Views)

Saddam Hussein As An Assassin / Mossad ‘tried To Kill’ Saddam Hussein Using ‘exploding Book’ / Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Saddam Hussein Is Dead by BigB11(m): 11:10am On Dec 30, 2006
Is this justice or just another American propaganda?

What do you think?
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by BigB11(m): 11:25am On Dec 30, 2006
I feel that the current issue in Iraq is a signature of American failure, and they (Americans) know this too.
Therefore they are determined to justify Iraq war and make things right as soon as possible; hence killing Saddam is the first step of the road to victory.

Moreover, America is also using the killing of Saddam to send messages to other stubborn leaders (leaders who refuse to kiss their ass), e.g The president of North Korea, Iran, Cuba, Venezuela and so on.

Eventhough, they claim that the people of Iraq carried out the operation from A to Z; I do not buy it, even if it's on sale.

I hope America will not pay heavy price for this move.

Peace to the world.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Jakumo(m): 11:41am On Dec 30, 2006
All political considerations aside, Saddam Hussein was a mass murderer who at one time used poison gas to annihilate entire villages of civilians within his own country. To his last utterance he never showed any remorse for the ruin he caused a whole country

The video of his last moments of being led to the gallows by several hooded men, and then being fitted first with a black ribbon around his neck to stop the rope from being too itchy, followed by the fat noose on the end of several feet of slack rope as he stood on the trapdoor, all made for really harrowing viewing, but damn, this man Saddam Hussein was a blood-thirsty monster for most of his dark reign of terror, and barbaric as the hanging process is, such a quick end was rarely given Saddam's own thousands of innocent victims.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by McKren(m): 12:16pm On Dec 30, 2006
This whole issue boils down to the need for any leader to negotiate for their own people. If Saddam served his people he would not have faced this whether democracy or not.
I personally think America are only attempting to use the death of Saddam as certificate of success which I personally think is nonsense.

Well I hope that Nouri Al-Maliki and the Iraqi people will realise that they can only get America out of Iraq when they reconcile and begin to pursue their own National interest. America does not love Shiites nor Sunis nor Kurds they are in Iraq for their selfish end and they need to realise this.

I personally dont pity Saddam and wish others will realize. BigB1 your list is not complete it should include one Nigerian ex-leader.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by ishmael(m): 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2006
is it only saddam that ordered a particular village people to be killed in this world?? what about our own president OBJ who ordered soldiers to kill the people of ODI town in Bayelsa state?? when is America going to charge him??
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Easyy(m): 12:39pm On Dec 30, 2006
Saddam was a horrible man.

He is not the only horrible ruler this world has seen. Bush also ordered slaughters in Iraq and Afrghanistan. The difference is that Bush does not order the slaughter of his own people.

Yes. Why have they not invaded Nigeria to try Obasanjo for the same offence?
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Jaybaba(m): 1:05pm On Dec 30, 2006
Sadam Hussein was a man who brought himself to power for his own good!
Iraq never really faired well under him. He brought terror to the middle-east region by taking over Kuwait, killed a lot of innocent people of another tribe, attacking Israel in the early 1990s and a lot others. He was by every standard an evil and wicked man walking on the face of the earth.

The American invasion of Iraq was largely for 2 reasons. America's fear of such man in possession of a WILL & hatred against the West plus that he possibly had weapons of mass destruction. By every standard, he deserves to die. People should not color justice for whatever reason. Sadam was a mass murderer and put the world in fear and turmoil. He deserves two things, mercy from a merciful God if he wants and death from a ravaged humanity.

This is a lesson to all dictators worldwide and for the rest of us who are non dictators. There is a time for everything and God shall bring to judgement every act whether it be good or bad.

Iraq is an oil rich country like Nigeria. Saddam had absolute powers and could not utilize it to make Iraq a developed country. Much like Nigeria where all former military rulers had absolute powers and made only themselves rich - Gowon, OBJ, Buhari, IBB, Abacha, Abdulsalami. Even in a democracy now, OBJ has become a dictator and he at a time ordered the mass execution of an entire community, then paid the media to hide the event underneath the carpet. He has accumulated more richies than most of us know but his time is coming. We should learn to do good today all of us cause God will bring to judgement all our actions.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by ishmael(m): 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2006
OBJ has similar charges. Stole our oil money between (1976 - 1979) and (1999 - 2006). Ordered the killings and massacre of innocent civilians in Odi- Bayelsa state and Zaki-Biam in Taraba state for killing of some policemen and soldiers; and he himself is a yoruba man, (more precisely- egba man). He has committed the same crime Saddam committed. Americans, we are waiting for you people to come and rescue us o! just as you rescued Iraq.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by omofineboy(m): 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2006
I agreed absolutely with you guys, I feel that OBJ killed more people than Sadam Hussein, he was probably hounded and killed because he is anti west, not becuase he killed his people the only difference is that OBJ is Pro west he has virtually sold the Nigerian Military to the Americans, hadly is any formation without the presence of an American in the name of training. God will punish him someday.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Eurphoria(f): 1:35pm On Dec 30, 2006
Big B1:

Is this justice or just another American propaganda?

What do you think?

the above is what the poster wanted discussing .

@Tpoic i think it is both , justice and propaganda. Lets just say all his crimes made it easy for the US

Big B1:

I feel that the current issue in Iraq is a signature of American failure, and they (Americans) know this too.
Therefore they are determined to justify Iraq war and make things right as soon as possible; hence killing Saddam is the first step of the road to victory.

Moreover, America is also using the killing of Saddam to send messages to other stubborn leaders (leaders who refuse to kiss their ass), e.g The president of North Korea, Iran, Cuba, Venezuela and so on.

Eventhough, they claim that the people of Iraq carried out the operation from A to Z; I do not buy it, even if it's on sale.

I hope America will not pay heavy price for this move.

Peace to the world.

@Big1 i agree with you
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Abdblues(m): 1:36pm On Dec 30, 2006
Sadam may have been a bad leader but there can never be a justification for the invasion of Iraq! which has led to the madness taking place now. Where are the so much talked about weapons of Mass destruction??Saddam has haterd for the US and the west just like so many other leaders all over the world but was he really a threat to them?Why have they not invaded Zimbabwe,North Korea , China or Venezuela for instance?
I just feel so sorry for the hundreds of Iraqis lifes that are lost everyday!.Whatever losses the Americans incure in Iraq is well deserved!
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Akolawole(m): 1:38pm On Dec 30, 2006
ishmael:

OBJ has similar charges. Stole our oil money between (1976 - 1979) and (1999 - 2006). Ordered the killings and massacre of innocent civilians in Odi- Bayelsa state and Zaki-Biam in Taraba state for killing of some policemen and soldiers; and he himself is a yoruba man, (more precisely- egba man). He has committed the same crime Saddam committed. Americans, we are waiting for you people to come and rescue us o! just as you rescued Iraq.

You are not serious at all.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Orikinla(m): 2:55pm On Dec 30, 2006
The end of an evil ruler.
A lesson to others doing evil.

Repent or perish.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by mazaje(m): 3:14pm On Dec 30, 2006
As the saying goes what goes around comes around, this should serve as a lesson to all the thieves and tyrants we have as leaders all over the world especially in Africa and Nigeria
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Omolulu(m): 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2006
Well,well,well. He who kills by the sword must die by the sword.a man resposible for the deaths of 5000 kurds shouldnt be expecting to live so long on earth.The long hand of retribution must catch up with him.Whether the american invasion on iraq is justifiable or not,the bitter truth is that he has joined those he happily killed in the world of the unknown tongue angry
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by whiteroses(f): 4:00pm On Dec 30, 2006
woooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hallelujah, the visible version of invisible satan is down I am so happy for the earth and the Iraqian people at least there will be some peace among muslims and others i just hope there will be no revenge from sadam's homie.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Pain(m): 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2006
Good Riddance to Rubbish. The Only Thing I Wish The Cameras Could Capture But Couldnt Were the Thoughts Running Thru His Depraved Deranged Mind Before The Final Second.

I'm Sure He Couldnt Believe It . At Least Not In His Wildest Nightmare. Not In His Proud Delusive Treacherous Heart. I'm Sure He Believed That The Devil Would Come To His Aid.

Lets Call A Spade A Spade. Saddam Was An Evil Man.

People Should Stop Trying To Make Much Ado About A Trash Personality Like Saddam The Damned!!

May His Evil Soul Roast In Pieces!!!
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by ishmael(m): 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2006
Akolawole:

You are not serious at all.

My guy i'm serious o!!
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by BigB11(m): 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2006
Yes, Saddam Hussein was horrible and deserved to be punished one way or the order; but was the process expedited? How come Yugoslav President, Slobodan Milosevic war crime case or process wasn't rushed?

FYI: Saddam Hussein war crime case was closed less than a year.
Slobodan Milosevic war crime was on for more than 5 years before he finally died of heart attack.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Eurphoria(f): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2006
Big1 Diff circumstances i guess, but i also think yeah he was evil , but the Us just played on that. They pick and choose which evil dictators or situations to fight , it all depends if the Us gets something in return. That is what i dont like.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by olorunju: 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2006
Sadammmmmmm, what a devilish name. he is a devils incanate. the only painful life he lived was that he didnt Accept Jesus Christ into his life before he gave up the ghost. he is where he BELONGS. we should all learn frm THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. as individual repent cos whatever evil deeds against ur fellow human being will be exposed. A word is enough for the WISE.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Eurphoria(f): 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2006
oh dear! ** stunned**
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Busta(f): 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2006
oh well. . saw the execution clip and wanted to cry for heaven knows way?

I hope he truly repented before he died else the gates of hell will be decorated awaiting his arrival
at least he died clutching a Quran.

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by obong(m): 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2006
for all thos saying it is about what he did to his own people, then what of charles taylor. he is charged with killing those of sierra leone, not liberia. this whole thing is a sham and is disgusting
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by UsherGurl(f): 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2006
I hate americans, I hate George Baush!!!!!!!!I think they should put him in prison until he dies but not perscuting him even if he did many disasters in world!!!That's unfair!!! Only Allah/God has to take away life but not a human being!!! I bet if Saddam was an american  he wouldn't be killed right?!!!!! angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by alabiyemmy(m): 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2006
You guys forget easily - Mandela had the opportunity to kill the leaders responsible for killing our own people in South Africa - the white people whose government was worse than that of Saddam Hussein, you remember how many blacks were hounded and killed during the apartheid era? But Mandela came to power and wasnt talking about killing whatever leader was responsible, he came and said we will forgive, he didnt kill anyone in return. Let us look back in histroy and ask ourselves, what lesson has the western world given to the world? Nothing, they make their laws, break it to suit them and they refuse to treat people equally, if a British man or an American man is sentenced to death outside their country - they do everything to set him free, so why not apply the same rule worldwide? Two months ago, a British man was meant to be executed in Pakistan for murder, what did we see? Even the Monarchy intervened, today the man is free.

Who will judge Blair and Bush for the spurious Iraq war? Who will judge them for thousands killed in Afhganistan, thousands killed in Iraq, who will judge them for thousands of dead British and American soldiers? Why is it right to kill innocent citizens/civilians in a war, whether justified or not? To date, over 600,000 Iraqis are dead in the almost four year old Iraq war, talkless of thousands killed in Afhganistan? Who will judge them?

It is not right for anyone that is American/British to die but it is right for people of any other backfround to die. Where is justice in this world?
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Easyy(m): 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2006
alabiyemmy:

You guys forget easily - Mandela had the opportunity to kill the leaders responsible for killing our own people in South Africa - the white people whose government was worse than that of Saddam Hussein, you remember how many blacks were hounded and killed during the apartheid era? But Mandela came to power and wasnt talking about killing whatever leader was responsible, he came and said we will forgive, he didnt kill anyone in return. Let us look back in histroy and ask ourselves, what lesson has the western world given to the world? Nothing, they make their laws, break it to suit them and they refuse to treat people equally, if a British man or an American man is sentenced to death outside their country - they do everything to set him free, so why not apply the same rule worldwide? Two months ago, a British man was meant to be executed in Pakistan for murder, what did we see? Even the Monarchy intervened, today the man is free.

Who will judge Blair and Bush for the spurious Iraq war? Who will judge them for thousands killed in Afhganistan, thousands killed in Iraq, who will judge them for thousands of dead British and American soldiers? Why is it right to kill innocent citizens/civilians in a war, whether justified or not? To date, over 600,000 Iraqis are dead in the almost four year old Iraq war, talkless of thousands killed in Afhganistan? Who will judge them?

It is not right for anyone that is American/British to die but it is right for people of any other backfround to die. Where is justice in this world?

Well said
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by ishmael(m): 6:26pm On Dec 30, 2006
what of OBJ?? United States and Britian are biased!!
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by otokx(m): 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2006
What goes around sure does comes around.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by 4Play(m): 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2006
u can see the moments preceding the hanging here-[url]http:// www.liveleak.com/view?i=38e1076b19[/url]

Its funny,Saddam was ruthless on the Iraqi people yet what some people can only see is how to criticse the US

Had it been up to the Iraqis,Saddam would have been executed as soon as he was captured

Spare a thought for the victims of Saddam
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by toshmann(m): 9:49pm On Dec 30, 2006
let's get our facts right.
1. Saddam was a brutal dictator.
2. Toshmann is against capital punishment.
3. Saddam deserves to die. . . but. . . . there are better ways to handle national crises.

ask nelson mandela, ask desmond tutu. these are global heroes. i would have prefered a situation whereby the Iraqi president reduces Saddam's sentence to life imprisonment and take reconciliatory steps to heal a bleeding nation. the death of al zaquawi solved no problem neither will Saddam's death. I pity Tony Blair. this is a man who everyone in the UK knows is against capital punishment and yet he could not do anything, not even a vigorous verbal campaign against the execution. this further exposes him as a puppet of the US. George Bush is purported to have signed over150 executions in the state of texas as a governor. he has no problems with execution.

now if we see Tony Blair as US puppet, how do we see the Iraqi Govt? ponder. this will further fuel anger in the muslim world who will easily forget saddam's horror and fuel animosity for the US for leading an execution against a muslim on the holiest day in the muslim's year. right in the middle of the Hajj. ponder.
what does all this mean? spike in sectarian violence. who looses? Iraqi people. Qui Bono?(who gains) Bush and the oil thirsty, war hungry neo cons.

Cry, the unloved country cry
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2006
Watching the clip of Saddam's last moments nearly brought tears to my eyes. I feel sad for a man who paid the ultimate sacrifice for an America that was desperate for a scapegoat to justify their ill-adviced and illegal occupation of another sovereign nation.

Yes Saddam gassed his people, but so did the leaders of Sudan, DeKlerk of SouthAfrica! Saddam's death rather than bring peace to Iraq will further polarise the nation not only along ethnic but also religious lines. How do the Americans expect Sunni's to form a united Iraq with the Shi'ites?

Thanks Bush, once again you have made the world less safe for the rest of us who are not fortunate to possess nuclear arms to protect ourselves!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

African Group Drums Support For Phil Murphy's Re-election As New Jersey Governor / Top UN Court Orders Israel To Stop Rafah Offensive / Usa Economy Is Falling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.