Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,089 members, 7,880,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:40 PM

Saddam Hussein Is Dead - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Saddam Hussein Is Dead (11342 Views)

Saddam Hussein As An Assassin / Mossad ‘tried To Kill’ Saddam Hussein Using ‘exploding Book’ / Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by swing4real(m): 10:07pm On Dec 30, 2006
May his son rest in peace amen.Let´s dont rejoice over the death of any one coz we all must die some day.Saddam is not as bad as the American paint him to be, the young American soldiers that were guarding him when he was arrested confirm that too.They were interviewing them on CNN but as soon as they mentioned that Saddam is not as mean as they expected him to be, CNN cut them off grin that is CNN for u.They are good in editing news but i guess they thought the young boys will talk bad about Saddam since they are Americans that is why never bother to edit the interview before showing it to the world.

Saddam is bad as the Americans claimed but i think Bush is worst.None has the right right to take away life.Violent only end up bringing violent, killing Saddam will NEVER solve the problem in Iraq or in Middle East, This is just the beginning of a big WAHALA for the West, Watch and see
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by alabiyemmy(m): 10:31pm On Dec 30, 2006
All is in the name of OIL and the security of ISRAEL in the Middle East, America wants a middle east they can control - hence killings in Iraq, Afhganistan, Lebanon and Palestine.

Pinochet was never executed - which is better btw Pinochet and Saddam?

Read what Wikipedia said about Pinochet - "His government also implemented a series of secretive and repressive operations, during which around 3,000 suspected or known dissidents and leftists were killed and around 30,000 more were tortured. At the time of his death in 2006, more than 300 criminal charges in Chile were still pending against him for human rights abuses and embezzlement during his rule"

Pinochet is a friend of the British - so its a case of man know man? Isint it?
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 30, 2006
World peace was hanged alongside Saddam Hussein!
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by babasin(m): 10:40pm On Dec 30, 2006
ishmael
what of OBJ?? United States and Britian are biased!!

Yes,  OBJ wiped-out ODI  village in 2001

That was not even assination attempt on him, but killing of Policemen.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by obedz(m): 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2006
i cant belive hes dead, and am begining to like him o, god punish bush
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Jakumo(m): 11:05pm On Dec 30, 2006
Saddam was a modern day Stalin, and the two dictators bear a striking resemblance in physical appearance as well as in the maniacal brutality of their regimes. It is only fitting that both of these monsters were ultimately strung up like stray dogs and thus dispatched to the hell they rightly belong.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by layifioren(m): 12:24am On Dec 31, 2006
@ topic
just a curious question, was Saddam Hussein judged by/at America or at Iraq? also, who was in charge of his execution? hmmm, just thinking
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Eurphoria(f): 12:32am On Dec 31, 2006
David i am with you in that one
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Nobody: 1:06am On Dec 31, 2006
I honestly don't get the point of the whole hanging anyway!. . . I don't know the man, his death doesn't change my life because I know that if I'm a bad dictator, to avoid hanging all I have to do is become friendly to the West.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Nobody: 1:10am On Dec 31, 2006
his hanging was just one attempt at white-washing the disaster that the US invasion has become
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by BigB11(m): 1:15am On Dec 31, 2006
To understand Saddam's ways you must understand their culture.
A good percentage of people in Iraq didn't really think Saddam was a bad dictator till America brainwashed them.
This is a military regime, I mean a military regime in Muslim country; what do you expect?
As a leader in these areas, you must never show a sign of weakness. It is also very common to kill your enemies before they kill you.

It is important to notice that things weren't sweet and dandy in Iraq during Saddam era, but things were very calm. It is also important to understand that democracy is not for every country or every culture. Some culture aren't just compatible with democracy.
As we all know, Culture is a very powerful element; hence we need to learn how to respect people's culture before criticizing them.

Trust me, things are currently very bad in Iraq today because of 2 things:
1. Americans did not excessively study the history and culture of Iraq before the invasion.

2. The people of Iraq do not respect democracy; believe me, they respect and admire Iron handling.
And Americans on the other hand are totally against iron handling. As a result of this, we have a rat race war in process in Iraq

May be someone like Saddam is the answer to bring peace to Iraq.

Keep in mind that this comment is just a mere suggestion, not fact.

May God bring peace to the world.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Nobody: 1:19am On Dec 31, 2006
BigB1, we know of your undying love for dictators like IBB, silly mallam.

We all know Saddam probably wasn't as bad as Idi Amin or Pinochet but the whole hanging thing is what I do not get. It is not going to help anything at the moment, all it is going to do is increase the violence in Iraq. Since when did the West suddenly start respecting Islamic laws?. . . They always try to stop any excessive punishment in the name of Sharia but they let this one slide. hmmm!
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by BigB11(m): 1:22am On Dec 31, 2006
Please, do not bring IBB into this discussion.

But I admire your point regarding the west allowing this one to slide.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by zimgirl: 7:16am On Dec 31, 2006
I do not have the guts to watch the hanging clip and I think what I am seeing on CNN is enough to make my stomach turn, NO REALLY I AM AGAINST THE DEATH PENALTY. The way the Americans pick and choose their fights is amazing, we have many many dictators roaming this world and yet we have not heard a pick except a few that have been deemed the axis of evil including my own home country.

I think hanging is very barbaric and I really felt sorry for Saddam Hussein even after watching documentaries of some of the atrocities that he committed. What was the point of this hanging? 70 people already died following this hanging. It all seemed rushed, very disorganized ha, who is going to police the police in this case who is going to police Bush?
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by hbrednic: 7:43am On Dec 31, 2006
saddam was a warrior,a millitant thats shoots the double barrel with one hand,but he wasnt a good politician and for that he payed a very high price.those who lives by the sword dies by the sword,but i dont want to see my worst enemy to be hanged this way.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Mariory(m): 7:53am On Dec 31, 2006
alabiyemmy:

All is in the name of OIL and the security of ISRAEL in the Middle East, America wants a middle east they can control - hence killings in Iraq, Afhganistan, Lebanon and Palestine.

Afghanistan is now in the Middle East? Afghanistan, Palestine and Lebanon have Oil? America is killing people in Lebanon?

alabiyemmy:

Pinochet was never executed - which is better between Pinochet and Saddam?

Read what Wikipedia said about Pinochet - "His government also implemented a series of secretive and repressive operations, during which around 3,000 suspected or known dissidents and leftists were killed and around 30,000 more were tortured. At the time of his death in 2006, more than 300 criminal charges in Chile were still pending against him for human rights abuses and embezzlement during his rule"

Pinochet is a friend of the British - so its a case of man know man? Isint it?

Did you complain to the Chilean Government to arrest, try and hang him? It's America's and Britain's fault that Pinochet was not tried and executed by the Chilean government?
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by layifioren(m): 8:08am On Dec 31, 2006
Big B1, listen to yourself bro. I guess you could say Nigeria shouldn't be practicing democracy because of this your culture and history stuff. It's not like we've ever had democracy anyways, thanks to Nigeria's poliTRICK.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by babyboy2(m): 12:40pm On Dec 31, 2006
i think that Bush once again has carried out a (mis)justice on behalf of nobody.Saddam was no angel mind, but the whole process stinks.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by 4Play(m): 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2006
baby boy:

i think that Bush once again has carried out a (mis)justice on behalf of nobody.Saddam was no angel mind, but the whole process stinks.

Bush carried out the execution?

Is anyone suggesting that if it was up to the Iraqis, Saddam would stay alive.

The only impact of the Americans was delaying the time it took to take Saddam's life,the Iraqis alone would have executed him as soon as he was captured
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by 4Play(m): 1:22pm On Dec 31, 2006
To blame the Americans for Saddam's execution beggars belief.

Would Saddam had stayed alive if America had no influence whatsoever in Iraq?The answer is no

As far as the impact of the hanging on peace in Iraq,its a Catch 22 situation

Think of it,if Saddam was not hanged many Shias would react violently.They would have been outraged

i am against the death penalty,but the Iraqis have a different culture in which the death penalty is legitimate

We can hyperventillate all we want,but the last time I checked none of us on this forum was a victim of Saddam.

we want to lecture the Iraqis on how to treat a man who perpetrated so much violence on them,when Saddam was killing people ,none of us was saying anything.Who can remember Anfal campaign making headline news?
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by toshmann(m): 1:44pm On Dec 31, 2006
4 Play:

,but the last time I checked none of us on this forum was a victim of Saddam.
who tell you? cool
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by Eurphoria(f): 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2006
hmmm
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by kaypinchi(m): 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2006
I guess Sadam never expected it will eventually come to this. Even at the gallows he was still wondering what kind of show it was. This is how his life was, he never saw things the way the rest of us does, I indeed feel very sorry for him and saddened at the news of his death.

He should not have been allowed to die. Though he committed a lot of wrong during his life, he should have been kept in a confined prison till he repented and saw the wrongs he committed. There is no amount of punishment enough to bring back the lost souls.
Also, we need not compare OBJ or Bush in this realm, the issues are different.

Adieu Sadam,
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by toshmann(m): 3:24pm On Dec 31, 2006
4 Play:

,but the last time I checked none of us on this forum was a victim of Saddam.

where did you do the check?
I gambled with my babe that they'll never catch him. he was caught by US marines, I lost my babe. doesn't that make me a victim? cool
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by beebop(f): 4:07pm On Dec 31, 2006
I can sleep easier knowing that Saddam is dead. The world is a much safer place to be in

/sarcasm for those who can't tell
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by mrpataki(m): 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2006
A good ridance to bad rubbish angry

The end has finally come for a man who could murder 40 of his relatives!
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by bgees(m): 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2006
its simply justice or nemesis. the man killed people and he got punished for it.he got caught by americans and judged by iraqis.
only illiterate muslims would complain.if the trial wasnt fair enough its nemesis. he never gave his political enemies any trial befrore he killed them.
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by phoenixman: 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2006
davidylan:

A few fun facts:

1. Saddam will not be killed, no not as long as US remains in Iraq! They will continue appealing his case till the return of the 12th Imam of Ahmedinajad!

2. The sentence was meant to bolster the case of the Republicans in tomorrow's elections. A proof that democracy was(n't) working in Iraq.

Could you all remind me not to take this guys opinions seriously. I would not want him to advise me on any serious matter, if the results are going to be so in contrast with his advise smiley smiley smiley its just a joke
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by BigB11(m): 8:24pm On Dec 31, 2006
Posted by layifioren:

Big B1, listen to yourself bro. I guess you could say Nigeria shouldn't be practicing democracy because of this your culture and history stuff. It's not like we've ever had democracy anyways, thanks to Nigeria's poliTRICK.

Dude, what are you talking about?
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by obong(m): 10:52pm On Dec 31, 2006
@ mariory:
where did the poster say those countries where in the middle east. the point he was making was that the US takng these actions all over the wordl to protect israel and OIL
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by layifioren(m): 11:51pm On Dec 31, 2006
Big B1,
These is what I am talking about, your whole deal about most of the Iraqis not thinking that Saddam was a bad dictator because of your unrealistic and absurd logic to history and jargons like that. First, who executed him; wasn't it same Iraqis. Obviously they were ready to pass the judgement on him. The funny thing I hear from people is making statements like "most of the Iraqis", how many of them have you talked to. Don't be bringing that crap over here. Yes the muslim countries want a strong leader but do they want someone that would treat them like animals. I have pictures that I personally took myself of a dug area where Saddam Hussein massly buried hundreds of Kurds alive. This is not what I downloaded online but what I personally took myself. America or No America; I could care less what anyone's stand is on that but to say the dude was judged wrong is nothing but an unrealistic junk. So can you say Abacha brought peace to Nigeria? What would have happened to Nigeria if that evil guy was still leading? Atleast our culture does not really know what true democracy is. Can you call the inability to talk about the government for the fear of ones life PEACE. How many people apart from selected few were able to stand boldly and talk during Abacha or the other lunatics regime? So because the world did not hear Nigerians cry for help then they'll assume that we are in peace. The media only shows what Abacha and the rest wanted or else they'll pay darely for it. How many privately owned TV station did Nigeria have during THOSE GUYS regime? NTA was nothing but Nigerias Terrorised Authority. I guess it's a good culture or trend to wipe away a whole town because they are Kurds and you don't like them. Nothing but EVIL! See the link for some of the pictures of the mass grave http://new.photos.yahoo.com/fola20002001/album/576460762337240604
Re: Saddam Hussein Is Dead by alabiyemmy(m): 12:13am On Jan 01, 2007
@ layifioren

How many blacks did the white minority in South Africa killed during the repressive apartheid regime? Please answer this. How long did it take for Mandela to kill the people responsible? He didnt, he called for reconciliation so that the country will move forward, Saddam kept alive would, in my opinion, have formed a basis for reconcilliation, the fact is that America wanted him gone and gone for good, they said he had WMD, they found none, they said he harbours Terrorists, they couldnt trace one, suddenly it became wiping out a dictator for the people of Iraq, who made Ameria the soldier of the world? Who? There was no UN resolution to go to war, hence Bush went, so who is a terrorist here? Who has caused crime against humanity with over 600,000 dead in a meaningless war? Tell us!

It was not the IRAQis that pushed Saddam from power, it was America - so dont fool us by saying IRAQis wanted him out cos he was a dictator. Iraqis are now left on their own after America's failure to keep peace, who will account for the souls of over 600,000 people killed in IRAQ so far? Who will acccount for the souls dead in Afhganistan? Who?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Usa Economy Is Falling / Black Lives Matter Movement Nominated For Nobel Peace Price / A Girl Is Punished For Being Raped In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.