Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,587 members, 7,921,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 08:23 PM

Arthritis Pill Cures One Type Of Baldness — What Could This Mean For MPB? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Arthritis Pill Cures One Type Of Baldness — What Could This Mean For MPB? (515 Views)

Causes And Treatments Of Baldness And Hair Thinning! Must Read!! / Yuda Hairgrowth Spray For Baldness, Hairloss And Beard Growth / Get Rid Of Baldness With These Steps. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arthritis Pill Cures One Type Of Baldness — What Could This Mean For MPB? by princeofthecity: 10:46am On Oct 21, 2016
A new study has shown that balding men can regrow their lost hair.

During the study conducted at Stanford and Yale, 66 alopecia areata patients took a pill called Xeljanz, which is prescribed for people with rheumatoid arthritis, another autoimmune disease.

Thomas, an alias to protect the privacy of a 40-year-old man who participated in the study, said he always viewed himself as a “freak”.

“I’m in the real estate business, and I’m active in my community, but I started to shy away from people,” said Thomas.

“It affects every part of your life. I got very depressed, and it was horrible”

This year, after taking a small white pill for arthritis, Thomas’ hair grew back within seven months.

“It’s incredible. I’m so happy to have it back,” said an elated Thomas.

According to CNN, more than half of the study subjects had new hair growth while a third recovered more than 50% of their hair loss.

In a separate study, nine of 12 patients with alopecia areata recovered more than 50% of hair regrowth using a similar drug, Jakafi, which is approved for cancer treatment.

Researchers say this is potentially great news for people with alopecia, but what does this mean for people which the more common ‘Male Pattern Baldness’ or MPB which is mostly hereditary?

Thomas’ head may have the answers to the mystery of MPB.

Dermatologists are torn between skepticism and optimism as to whether the ointment containing Xeljanz will or will not get rid of male pattern baldness.

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/arthritis-pill-baldness-mpb/

(1) (Reply)

Breast Hips Bums Enlargement Creams And Pills Call Or Whats Up Call +25677742202 / Your Ideal Daily Protein Intake / Royal Jelly Capsules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.