Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,831 members, 7,933,125 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 07:42 PM

Dstv To Increase Price - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dstv To Increase Price (901 Views)

How To Increase Your Income This Lockdown / *NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 / CBN Mandates IFIS To Increase Agent Network To 150,000 By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv To Increase Price by unite4real: 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
The volatility in the foreign exchange (forex) market may induce increment in DStv subscription price if not tamed by the government, the General Manager, Sales and Marketing, Multichoice, Martin Maputo, has said.

He spoke at a briefing in Lagos.

Maputo said DStv was trying to avoid any price increase but rather concentrating on upgrading its contents across all bouquets.

However, he said if the government failed to curtail the forex crisis which has made it more expensive for the company to buy foreign content, especially English premiership, among others, it might be forced to consider price increase.

“Most of the content we buy, such as EPL, others from abroad is dominated in pounds, dollars. So, we are not only operating in the market, but also respond to the market. At this stage, we are trying as much as we can to avoid any price increase but if there is nothing done to curtail the forex issues, we might be forced to increase,” he said.

Meanwhile, Maputo said DStv has launched new value propositions to subscribers of DStv Premium, Compact Plus, Compact, Family and Access bouquets.

“Starting November 1, 2016, DStv will add three new HD channels for DStv Premium; DStv Compact Plus gets a major revamp with additional premium-content channels. Subscribers will enjoy massive content upgrade on all DStv bouquets including varied and quality channels that the whole family can enjoy. This latest move is in line with the company’s promise of putting its customers at the heart of the business,” he said.

According to Maputo, in the last nine months DStv has delivered the world’s best football leagues to DStv Compact customers (February) followed by the DStv price freeze in April.

“DStv is combining more quality and variety to its bouquets to ensure everyone has access to the best family entertainment at a price they can afford,” he said.

He said further that the price reductions in DStv state-of-the-art decoders – Explora and HD Zapper – would ensure that great family entertainment is available to everyone at the most affordable price.The volatility in the foreign exchange (forex) market may induce increment in DStv subscription price if not tamed by the government, the General Manager, Sales and Marketing, Multichoice, Martin Maputo, has said.

He spoke at a briefing in Lagos.

Maputo said DStv was trying to avoid any price increase but rather concentrating on upgrading its contents across all bouquets.

However, he said if the government failed to curtail the forex crisis which has made it more expensive for the company to buy foreign content, especially English premiership, among others, it might be forced to consider price increase.

“Most of the content we buy, such as EPL, others from abroad is dominated in pounds, dollars. So, we are not only operating in the market, but also respond to the market. At this stage, we are trying as much as we can to avoid any price increase but if there is nothing done to curtail the forex issues, we might be forced to increase,” he said.

Meanwhile, Maputo said DStv has launched new value propositions to subscribers of DStv Premium, Compact Plus, Compact, Family and Access bouquets.

“Starting November 1, 2016, DStv will add three new HD channels for DStv Premium; DStv Compact Plus gets a major revamp with additional premium-content channels. Subscribers will enjoy massive content upgrade on all DStv bouquets including varied and quality channels that the whole family can enjoy. This latest move is in line with the company’s promise of putting its customers at the heart of the business,” he said.

According to Maputo, in the last nine months DStv has delivered the world’s best football leagues to DStv Compact customers (February) followed by the DStv price freeze in April.

“DStv is combining more quality and variety to its bouquets to ensure everyone has access to the best family entertainment at a price they can afford,” he said.

He said further that the price reductions in DStv state-of-the-art decoders – Explora and HD Zapper – would ensure that great family entertainment is available to everyone at the most affordable price.

http://abokifx.com/dstv-naira-volatility-may-stir-price-increase-nation/
Re: Dstv To Increase Price by CoolFreeday(m): 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2016
let them continue!
Re: Dstv To Increase Price by iliyande(m): 4:21pm On Oct 21, 2016
Bad news for those who use dstv, for me it none of my business
Re: Dstv To Increase Price by donbuchi1(m): 4:45pm On Oct 21, 2016
iliyande:
Bad news for those who use dstv, for me it none of my business

What do you use? I am interested in what you use
Re: Dstv To Increase Price by Eggcelent(m): 5:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
Not a good development.
Re: Dstv To Increase Price by iliyande(m): 6:26pm On Oct 21, 2016
donbuchi1:

What do you use? I am interested in what you use

Bro, I have a router/mifi +glo data. Glo is very OK here.

I don't miss any football.

Free to Air for my family
Re: Dstv To Increase Price by donbuchi1(m): 8:58pm On Oct 21, 2016
iliyande:

Bro, I have a router/mifi +glo data. Glo is very OK here.

I don't miss any football.

Free to Air for my family

Can you install same for me. PM your number pls

(1) (Reply)

What Software Can I Use To Create Animated Videos For A Fiverr Gig??? / ... / Make Lots Of Money With Oriflame Sweden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.