Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,526 members, 7,888,688 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 12:49 PM

Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures - Culture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures (116360 Views)

Should Africa Reclaim Its Stolen Treasures? - BBC / The Art And Architecture Of Yorubaland! / Benin Art And Architecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 4:13pm On Feb 05, 2010
http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/amenemhet1.htm

this is amenemhet story about his ascention to the throne, which is a read.
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 10:46am On Feb 06, 2010
Second in line to his father Amenemhet is his son SesotrisI, he has expanded his kingdom to part of Syria, and all the way to the 3 cataracts into what is now Northern Sudan. As mentioned before the 12th dynasty or middle kingdom was definitely of Cush/Ta Seti. This is his pyramid even though it is very ruin, but it had many artifacts you might see in museums all over the world.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2010
Eventhough, i am focusing on pyramids in both Misr and Cush, i had to show this temple of "Naga" in northern sudan, it was taken by a tourist, and the night background with the lights looks absolutely beautiful.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2010
pyramid of jebal barkal northern sudan

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 4:38pm On Feb 10, 2010
Pyramid of Amenemhet III
1842 BC - 1797 BC
Hawara, Egypt

This mud-brick pyramid was originally covered in limestone. It is the burial place of the Middle Kingdom pharaoh Amenemhet III, who also built a pyramid at Dahshur. Hawara is an oasis in the Faiyum.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 5:19pm On Feb 12, 2010
Pyramids of Taharqo at the pyramid complex in nuri northern sudan. He rule egypt, sudan all the way to the white nile and possibly ethiopia, also rule part of the middle east or the levantine area. He pyramid is nearly demolish, however i hear that his tomb which is underground is very well preserve and it is incredibly huge. here is the ruin pyramid of Taharqo with a well preserve tomb.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 6:26pm On Feb 12, 2010
EvenThough, i disagree with this guy that presented his youtube videos about everything pertaining to sudanese history, this jewish connection have me somewhat curious. tell me what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zD5VOLYeRc&feature=related
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by madlady(f): 2:03pm On Feb 13, 2010
ababda:

EvenThough, i disagree with this guy that presented his youtube videos about everything pertaining to sudanese history, this jewish connection have me somewhat curious. tell me what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zD5VOLYeRc&feature=related

@ababda Some say the Ethiopian Jews are christian converts, but I think they are the descendants of Menelik?
We all know Jewish bloodlines are found all over the world.The Nigerian Jews are the most fascinating of all.
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 5:54pm On Feb 13, 2010
Really Madlady, I did not know nigeria has a native Jewish Population. I know in sudan, people with Isreali passports are not allowed in the country, obviously because of political reasons. I never knew nigerians had native jews. however, i keep on hearing from this forum that some igbos consider themselves of jewish origins. I thought that was mere myth, but do you think it is true?
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by madlady(f): 7:02pm On Feb 13, 2010
@ababda,

Actually tried to post a vid on youtube on the JEWS OF NIGERIA, they are supposedly from the same strain that my Mother comes from, the SYRIAN strain.
That strain of Jews are the main Jews in Jamaica, even thou the Portuguese are almost the same branch.

I am not sure if the igbos are this same strain, I have heard so many conflicting talk so it's hard to work out. DNA would be the only way to go.
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by madlady(f): 11:10am On Feb 14, 2010
ababda:

Really Madlady, I did not know Nigerian has a native Jewish Population. I know in sudan, people with Isreali passports are not allowed in the country, obviously because of political reasons. I never knew nigerians had native jews. however, i keep on hearing from this forum that some igbos consider themselves of jewish origins. I thought that was mere myth, but do you think it is true?

@adabda, You may want to check the the youtube vids, you will see the Nigerian Jews holding their Shabbat.
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 2:05pm On Feb 14, 2010
I did see the videos on youtube, it was very interesting, indeed. Madlady this question is kind of controversial in my part of the world, but i am going to ask it anyway, Do you think the people in the nile valley enslave the Jews? I want to hear you opinion about this issue, i am grappling with!
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 2:27pm On Feb 14, 2010
The pyramid of Senusret II : middle kingdom 12th dynasty.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 2:45pm On Feb 14, 2010
This is not a pyramid complex, but it was perhaps a cultural center of the so called A or C group people that archeologically catorgorize as, however from the distance it look like a weird mountain but it was a temple. Needless to say this was the heartland of the Kingdom of Kerma, and the location is between the 3 and 4 cataracts in northern sudan. Also, here is the web site from archeologist that excavate this region.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 2:55pm On Feb 14, 2010
The mud brick structure of temple is called a deffufa, which means red mound. Here is a diagram how the temple look like in the past.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2010
sorry, here is the web site.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://nubie-international.fr/photos/403060KermaK2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://nubie-international.fr/accueil.php%3Fa%3Dpage403060%26lang%3Den&usg=__3c-WP0IzfA5e-BeQCW_0xyBjokE=&h=331&w=380&sz=35&hl=en&start=38&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=Hbu_hobh3zH67M:&tbnh=107&tbnw=123&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dkerma%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1R2ADFA_enUS338%26sa%3DN%26start%3D36%26um%3D1
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by madlady(f): 3:10pm On Feb 14, 2010
ababda:

I did see the videos on youtube, it was very interesting, indeed. Madlady this question is kind of controversial in my part of the world, but i am going to ask it anyway, Do you think the people in the Nile valley enslave the Jews? I want to hear you opinion about this issue, i am grappling with!

@adabda The question is not at all controversial to me , it may be to a Jew from Israel.
               Without a doubt the people of the Nile valley enslaved the Jews.
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 11:48am On Feb 20, 2010
The pyramid of Meidum, this was builted by Huni, but latter finished by his precessor Khufu, this is the old kingdom pharaohs

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 12:13pm On Feb 20, 2010
The Step Pyramds of Saqqara. This pyramids was builted during old kingdom period under the pharaoh Djoser. what is interesting his chief architext was Imhopet. What is interesting about Imhotep is his life story is similar to the torah, bible or koranic story of the old testament Joseph. If he and Imhopet one of the same person, that would be interesting to say the least.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 12:02pm On Feb 21, 2010
Bent pyramids or the pyramid of dashur

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 12:06pm On Feb 21, 2010
combination of the two pyramids of Saqqara, and dashur.

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 12:29pm On Feb 21, 2010
nuri pyramid complex in northern sudan

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 12:43pm On Feb 21, 2010
red pyramid

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 12:46pm On Feb 21, 2010
and the pyramids of Giza Egypt and the pyramids of meroe northern sudan
Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2010
pyramids of Giza and Meroe

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2010
And Meroe

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2010
the last of the pyramids on african soil

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 12:41am On Mar 20, 2010
Soapstone Bird Zimbabwue

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 12:51am On Mar 20, 2010
nuri from a tourist view, this is the last time posting pyramids

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by mismar: 8:29am On Apr 26, 2010
i found this some1 had this as background pic on youtube and shows similarities between ethiopic and kemetic undecided

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 5:57pm On Jul 29, 2010
Nok culture video from youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVT--v-fAKw

Re: Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures by ababda: 6:30pm On Jul 29, 2010
Nok art followed by san wall art south africa

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Ramses, Cleopatra, Nefertiti: Original Egyptians Were Black? / Kalabari People! / Yoruba Mythology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.