Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,136 members, 7,887,285 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:53 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (817) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3706721 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ghostofspata: 11:46pm On Oct 22, 2018
M still hopeful. Bh pls can anyone help me with a phd scholarship link.. i need to leave dis country

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Jessicaokoh: 7:39am On Oct 23, 2018
Good morning. Have any of you gone to their office in your state to ask when the APL will be sent out?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by BrockSamson: 8:50am On Oct 23, 2018
Ghostofspata:
M still hopeful. Bh pls can anyone help me with a phd scholarship link.. i need to leave dis country

https://www.afterschoolafrica.com/scholarship/by-level/phd/

http://www.scholars4dev.com/category/level-of-study/phd-scholarships/

Keep checking these sites, they have some that are currently open. I hope you find something that fits your need.

May Allah reward your efforts abundantly.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by BrockSamson: 9:59am On Oct 23, 2018
Blooddiamond:
Pls can u help with that of a master's degree web link?

Lets not derail the trend. Go to the home page of the same sites, they have a section for masters.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by BrockSamson: 10:13am On Oct 23, 2018
I am not afraid of including my reference number on the publication or giving it out to the DPR staff monitoring this trend but its better if the publication has one resounding voice. If its their earnest desire that I give my reference number to them so they burn my APL making sure I don’t get in, I will. So far they release the rest of the Merit APLs at once and end this recruitment.

Great Prudence has always provided for me. I look nothing like what I have been through. I have nothing to fear.

8 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by herlecks(m): 10:48am On Oct 23, 2018
We've heard. You guys are spamming the thread.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by HRtechnique: 11:11am On Oct 23, 2018
Jeez, this thread is still alive??
Wow!

They have not finished the recruitment??
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Scott09: 11:23am On Oct 23, 2018
cheesy grin grin grin. I laugh. Please in God's name, sha attach your names and ref numbers. The publication decision is not unanimous but rather individual. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by notindome(m): 11:27am On Oct 23, 2018
Polchiz:
My advice for the planned publication:

1. Let it be a plea and nothing but a plea. We have to beg DPR Management and The petroleum ministers (Buhari and Ibe Kachukwu) to help us and bring the recruitment to a successful end.

2. We should not say anything to implicate Mr. Ahmad Rufai Shakur and Mordecai Ladan. It is wrong to spit on the plates that you eat from.

3. In our own interest, we must not accuse DPR of nepotism.

4. We MUST use corrier service and deliver the letter to the two major players instead of going public.

In summary, the essence of the publication is that we have waited for too long (2 years). It is almost 4 months since the first batch were contacted and we beg them to release the remaining appointment letters.

Most importantly, we MUST deliver this letter privately to the two major players, Alhaji Rufai Shakur and Mordecai Ladan via corrier service instead of going public.

You have spoken well. Opinions vary, and this have been suggested too earlier on. It can be an alternative middle ground between the going public and continuous waiting proposals.

With the way some are acting on opinions different from theirs you will wonder what really their hidden motives are. While they conveniently accuse others of wrong, they remain saints.

kwantinue. grin

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2018
LONG POST
It's funny to see certain people who criticized someone who complained about a 3rd class graduate getting an APL, tagging him a hater and selfish are suddenly the ones championing the cause of "merit", it doesn't get more Ironical than that. And your lack of consistency is hypocritical

Elbangeez was opportuned to know that his name was on the list even before the 1st batch were called, months later and there's no idea as to what his fate is. There are other people who may not have had access to the list who haven't been contacted either. There are people who saw their ref nos on the leaked list and were able to get their APLs through the help of certain people, let's not talk about how many people might have gotten APLs throughout this period of preaching "patience" and futile dates for contacting successfuls.

I'm surprised that peepydelano after lurking endlessly on the thread is saying that he's not a hopeful but is against the publication, to what end? Xtruzz after dropping certain classified information about how there are still forces trying to get APL for their candidates and lists from the presidency etc has suddenly come to perch under the umbrella of merit. I don't mean to come off as antagonistic but all this doesn't add up, at least to me.

And for those clamoring for people to put their names and ref nos on the publication, some of them may not even have their names on the list . And that is not even going to be the matter when the issue is out there. But the crux of the matter is whether the content of the publication is true or false and the likely outcome.

I'm all for being optimistic, but we should always be able to discern when that evolves into self deceit. Marvel has already played his part and has deserted the thread of his own accord, probably because he has also discovered that all that's ongoing isn't on par with what he has putting out on the thread.

And to those throwing the word destiny around, I think someone who performed well in the test and Interview and made the final list has actually already worked out his destiny in the true sense of it, but someone who gets in because of their affiliation to someone who considers themselves a demigod who must always have their way is the one who is destined for the job? Such narratives are just a cue to all that is wrong with this nation. Let's be careful with the kind of double standards we throw around.

14 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by donafure: 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2018
Once more, I appeal to everyone to sheath his/her sword. Knowing few guys who got apls through the backdoor is not substantial enough to call the whole process a fraud.
I was extremely vexed about this employment until I did some thinking for myself. I realized that most of the mistrust we have is due to the rumours being peddled here.
Let's give DPR a chance to do what is right. Let's choose to wait for the outcome of this recruitment rather than believing "them say them say people".

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Deykay: 3:30pm On Oct 23, 2018
i just call DPR customer line to confirm d info about 2nd list and their representative told me that d 2016 recruitment is over ,he also told me there is no 2nd list as said by marvel.
I asked him DAT why is it that Dpr did not communicate to us officially telling us d recruitment is over? he replied that they are sorry about that.

With this I'm in support of d publication.

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 4:11pm On Oct 23, 2018
Deykay:
i just call DPR customer line to confirm d info about 2nd list and their representative told me that d 2016 recruitment is over ,he also told me there is no 2nd list as said by marvel.
I asked him DAT why is it that Dpr did not communicate to us officially telling us d recruitment is over? he replied that they are sorry about that.

With this I'm in support of d publication.

grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2018
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Deykay: 6:53pm On Oct 23, 2018
peepydelano:
Exactly wat dy will tell u wen u do d publication. I just wish DPR can accommodate all.All d best Aliyu Kabiru Fut minna 2010 civil engineering,surprise? its an indication to mind wat u post on SM.All d best.lol

perpydelano u don't know anything about me,I'm not civil engineer by profession, I'm an electrical engineer 2007. what is your problem if I may ask?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by OJB55566: 6:58pm On Oct 23, 2018
Deykay:

perpydelano u don't know anything about me,I'm not civil engineer by profession, I'm an electrical engineer 2007. what is your problem if I may ask?
His only problem is that the said publication will mar his chances, having being doing underground runs/connection.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 23, 2018
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by wixzer: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2018
Babagy
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2018

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by wixzer: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2018
How far with Dpr?

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Unknownuser: 8:56pm On Oct 23, 2018
2nd list, 2nd list, the year is running out, we have not seen anything. Now some people are shouting about publication, those dishing out hope of 2nd list are no where to be found. What if all that info about the 2nd list is just to keep applicants from facing reality and taking actions such as this. Well, what do I know. Just remember, a lot of organizations pay people to do such jobs.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by egishaba: 9:48pm On Oct 23, 2018
I am one of the passive member on this trend and i have decided to move on, if I am called by DPR, to God be the Glory will comeback and testify. Its not a do or die affair for me. Thanks to all that have shared info on this trend. God bless

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Samsonik: 8:49am On Oct 24, 2018
My brother wait wait for the outcome of which recruitment, the one that has officially ended or what?Then let's be ready to wait till infinity while people are busy collecting their salary.

Now the question is, why are they keeping quiet after collecting their APLs. You still see most of them online and yet they don't say a word. They have played smart on us, but let's not fold our hands and allow these nepotism, bribery and corruption with regards to recruitment in this nation continue.

Gradually with togetherness, we can make a change with the way these old politicians play with young and intelligent graduates in this country.
donafure:
Once more, I appeal to everyone to sheath his/her sword. Knowing few guys who got apls through the backdoor is not substantial enough to call the whole process a fraud.
I was extremely vexed about this employment until I did some thinking for myself. I realized that most of the mistrust we have is due to the rumours being peddled here.
Let's give DPR a chance to do what is right. Let's choose to wait for the outcome of this recruitment rather than believing "them say them say people".
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Polchiz(m): 8:55am On Oct 24, 2018
Marvel65:

Please Marvel65, your update is highy needed.
Thank you!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by DouglasHoc(m): 9:09am On Oct 24, 2018
For the guys processing the publication, you may borrow a leaf from the following. Try as much as possible not to indict anyone. Wish you guys all the best. Apologies for the long post

Applicants Cry Out over Non- Release Of Employment Letters By DPR
August 9, 2012

A group of young Nigerian graduates are calling on Petroleum Minister,Mrs Allison Madueke to ensure the letters of employment seemingly being held back by the Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR are released to successful applicants.

Members of the group which styles itself as ‘2011 DPR Hopefuls (Online Forum)’ said in an open letter they are ‘“appealing to the Minister and management of the DPR to lend a listening ear to our plea and respond by concluding this long-running recruitment process and release offer letters to successful candidates. We are well aware of the challenges of your important office, its dynamism and the turbulence that has dogged your sincere and seminal efforts to uplift the oil and gas sector. We humbly pledge our commitment to give our best to support your efforts to strengthen the sector, as we hope to be absorbed soon by the DPR, with your kind intervention.

Narrating how it all began ,the group said “The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) sometime in March 2010 advertised for various positions and conducted two different tests on 12th June and 4th Dec 2010 through a recruitment agency ERA Professional Services. Successful candidates were invited for final interviews at Lagos resource centre, No.9 Anifowoshe Street, Off Kofo Abayomi between April and May 2011 while the list of selected candidates was approved in July 2011 by the Federal Character Commission (FCC). Hon. Minister, the Budget as your respectable self may be aware, has since been approved for the Department, but here we are still waiting for our deserved letters in the third quarter of the 2012 fiscal year. You may recall the budget breakdown of the department given by yourself before the National Assembly Joint Committees on Gas and Petroleum Resources (Upstream and Downstream) budget defence on Thursday 2nd February 2012 where you and the DPR Director informed the committee that the department would employ more staff in 2012. ‘We are expecting to employ 250 workers in another two weeks,’ the DPR Director said. You also mentioned that a ‘slight increase in DPR’s recurrent budget represents provisions for anticipated recruitment of new staff to improve the overall effectiveness of the department’.

Read the full text of their open letter below:

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE HON. MINISTER OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES, ARCH. (MRS.) DIEZIANI ALLISON MADUEKE BY THE 2011 BATCH OF INTERVIEWEES FOR JOBS AT THE DEPARTMENT OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES (DPR).

The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) sometime in March 2010 advertised for various positions and conducted two different tests on 12th June and 4th Dec 2010 through a recruitment agency ERA Professional Services. Successful candidates were invited for final interviews at Lagos resource centre, No.9 Anifowoshe Street, Off Kofo Abayomi between April and May 2011 while the list of selected candidates was approved in July 2011 by the Federal Character Commission (FCC). Hon. Minister, the Budget as your respectable self may be aware, has since been approved for the Department, but here we are still waiting for our deserved letters in the third quarter of the 2012 fiscal year. You may recall the budget breakdown of the department given by yourself before the National Assembly Joint Committees on Gas and Petroleum Resources (Upstream and Downstream) budget defence on Thursday 2nd February 2012 where you and the DPR Director informed the committee that the department would employ more staff in 2012. ‘We are expecting to employ 250 workers in another two weeks,’ the DPR Director said. You also mentioned that a ‘slight increase in DPR’s recurrent budget represents provisions for anticipated recruitment of new staff to improve the overall effectiveness of the department’.

Hon. Minister, we sat for the tests and were interviewed several months before the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) cadre that has finally received their letters three weeks ago through the intervention of your good office and will be resuming work in August this year, while our letters are still pending. The successful conclusion of this process or otherwise will call to question the genuineness of Mr. President’s transformation agenda, which most of the DPR hopefuls bought into.

We are therefore, appealing to the Minister and management of the DPR to lend a listening ear to our plea and respond by concluding this long-running recruitment process and release offer letters to successful candidates. We are well aware of the challenges of your important office, its dynamism and the turbulence that has dogged your sincere and seminal efforts to uplift the oil and gas sector. We humbly pledge our commitment to give our best to support your efforts to strengthen the sector, as we hope to be absorbed soon by the DPR, with your kind intervention. GOD BLESS YOU! GOD BLESS DPR! GOD BLESS NIGERIAN GRADUATES! GOD BLESSTHE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA!

Signed 2011 DPR HOPEFULS (ONLINE FORUM)

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by chideozi: 9:29am On Oct 24, 2018
Wizgrandpa:

And to those throwing the word destiny around, I think someone who performed well in the test and Interview and made the final list has actually already worked out his destiny in the true sense of it, but someone who gets in because of their affiliation to someone who considers themselves a demigod who must always have their way is the one who is destined for the job? Such narratives are just a cue to all that is wrong with this nation. Let's be careful with the kind of double standards we throw around.

You must be a Child of an amazing Genius. Nice One

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by wixzer: 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2018
October is gradually ending...

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2018
Me I don join the publishers club o...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by wixzer: 1:55pm On Oct 24, 2018
Nasoooo? That club go soon receive more members.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.