Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,894 members, 7,969,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 01:10 PM

URGENT!!!Help Regarding Her Deceased Dad's Properties - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / URGENT!!!Help Regarding Her Deceased Dad's Properties (749 Views)

Who Inherits The Deceased Mother's Property In Igbo Family. / This Teenage Girl Needs Your Advices Regarding Her Menstrual Cycle / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

URGENT!!!Help Regarding Her Deceased Dad's Properties by tolala(m): 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2009
A friend of mine lost her Dad some days ago, lost her mom when she was really young so she practically alone now, the problem is 1,there is no will but before her Dad died he said he made her the next of kin.2,her mom is the 2nd wife and her step mom and her son are outside the country and were never there for the man before he died, 3,i adviced the girl to quickly keep all the documents she can before the family come take them.now the family has given her  till saturday to return the documents, and the step mom is also coming home.
      The question is how would she find out if she is really the next of kin as her dad told her he made her the next of kin and removed his brothers name, she just gained admission into school and her only hope of paying her fees is this documents that she has with her.
      Is being the next of kin enough to claim ones dads properties? and how do one know?would like to add that she is from delta state and the family is saying women dont inherit properties, pls somebody help this poor girl, she is just 18!!!
Re: URGENT!!!Help Regarding Her Deceased Dad's Properties by ifyalways(f): 4:32pm On Oct 26, 2009
She should go get a good lawyer and seek his counsel.
BTW,this quest for dough and properties is getting crazy,pesin die just some days back and fight for his properties have started,na wao shocked
Re: URGENT!!!Help Regarding Her Deceased Dad's Properties by Outstrip(f): 10:55pm On Oct 26, 2009
Was he sick and his wife was not even around to care for him or did he just die unexpectedly. You need to be quick and wise. It is sad that you have to deal with this instead of mourning your dad. No matter what you do you need to let them know that you are just as entitled to whatever your father had as his son. You will have to pay for school fees and you can't let them steal that from you
Re: URGENT!!!Help Regarding Her Deceased Dad's Properties by ubiaa5(f): 11:53pm On Oct 26, 2009
@poster this sounds like the classic 419 story, what is ur follow up story,r you going 2 look for some1 to help transfer money?
Re: URGENT!!!Help Regarding Her Deceased Dad's Properties by tolala(m): 5:41am On Oct 27, 2009
ubiaa5:

@poster this sounds like the classic 419 story, what is your follow up story,r you going 2 look for some1 to help transfer money?
ubia, u shld av just answered the question, fraud is real!!! so as families fighting for inheritance, so i feel u shld have waited for me to ask for money instead of u to run your mouth, though,i gat notting to proof to u but the girl in question is my girl friend, and all i want is answers instead of derailling from the original post.time is not on her side.i am not a FRAUDSTER, only thought i could get answers on nairaland, to help my girl to put a smile on her face, as shes been crying too much, moreover she saw your comment an she smiled but helping answers will make her more excited
Re: URGENT!!!Help Regarding Her Deceased Dad's Properties by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2009
Take the documents to a lawyer. If the Lawyer reads what she has on her, he can tell if she's got any claims on her dads property.
Re: URGENT!!!Help Regarding Her Deceased Dad's Properties by ubiaa5(f): 5:50pm On Oct 27, 2009
@ poster i said wat i said becos i have recieved letters like dat before,scripted almost word to word as wat u posted,so if u r for tell her to go see an attorney like others have said.Goodluck.

(1) (Reply)

It Is Good For Husdand And Wife To Work In The Same Office? / Help! My Cousin's Corpse Is Missing! / Is Divorce The Best Option When There Is Problem In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.