Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,751 members, 7,889,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:41 AM

How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines (47009 Views)

Rate This Glo 3G Speed (photo) / How To Activate Glo Netpro / How To Activate 2go Gateway And Chat With Facebook Friends On 2go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by aieromon(m): 11:23am On Sep 24, 2010
@tunnex190
Browse through http://www.dc-files.com for your modem model.Download the dashboard and its update.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by tunnex190: 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2010
I've got dashboard for mtn modem E156 (mobile partner) How can i use it and what are the steps involved to make it work with my glo?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by tunnex190: 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2010
@aieromon, jaysay, and xreal. . . someone should at least answer my last question
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by folo28(m): 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2010
lynxnoon:

no. . . .only unlocked hauwei modems dat r not from glo undecided

It is not quite true, I was able to connect using a Universal modem with the following settings;
APN - gloflat
Username - flat
password - flat
Access no. - *99#
Authentication Protocol settings - CHAP and it worked fine.

@tunnex190
Use the above settings, I believe it should work as long as you are getting the glo network and make sure you have already activated the plan you want to use with a minimum of 100 naira balance left on your line.

Please I have a friend that has the MTN stick and wants to unlock it to use with glo, I want to know how to unlock the MTN stick for use with other lines.

Cheers
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by folo28(m): 1:37am On Sep 30, 2010
@ Xreal,

Thanks for the info, I'll do as you have advised as soon as I get the detials from the friend and am sure it will work.

Regards
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by tunnex190: 7:50am On Sep 30, 2010
Thanks @folo, i will try just that.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by lynxnoon(m): 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2010
xreal:

@ lynxnoon
chairman, I hail O.
hey bro, how u dey? smiley
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by guente02(m): 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2010
Pls oh. . .I hv a new glo sim and i want to activate it 4 edge since it d only infrastructure they run in my locality.
Pls help i use Nokia 3110c
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by tunnex190: 11:49pm On Oct 27, 2010
so. . . can't someone help with an update?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by BankoleO1: 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2010
tunnex190:

so. . . can't someone help with an update?

Update on what?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by tunnex190: 8:53am On Oct 29, 2010
What did they call an update?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by wise3g(m): 11:04am On Oct 29, 2010
smiley got it.
------------------------------------------
http://www.wise3g.com
wholesale chinese cellphones,laptops,and electronics.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by audacious: 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2011
I can't seem to subscribe to any of the Glo data packages. No matter the package I choose I keep getting the message "Dear Customer, sorry you do not have sufficient airtime credit to complete this transaction. Please recharge and try again.".

* I have enough credit for the packages before trying to subscribe so thats not the problem
* I browse normally with the line (at 15kobo\kb), so that's not the problem either
* Glo customer care was no help

Anyone else have the same problem? or knows a solution?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by xreal: 9:12pm On Jan 14, 2011
^^^
which of the packages did you attempt subscribing to, and what did your credit balance read?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by audacious: 11:38pm On Jan 14, 2011
xreal:

^^^
which of the packages did you attempt subscribing to, and what did your credit balance read?

audacious:

I can't seem to subscribe to any of the Glo data packages. No matter the package I choose I keep getting the message "Dear Customer, sorry you do not have sufficient airtime credit to complete this transaction. Please recharge and try again.".

Tried all of em, I get the stated reply and nothing gets deducted from my credit.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by xreal: 7:08am On Jan 15, 2011
^^^
guess you were'nt having enough credit;
alright, which one of them do you want to subscribe to now?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by audacious: 1:37pm On Jan 15, 2011
xreal:

^^^
guess you were'nt having enough credit;
alright, which one of them do you want to subscribe to now?

@xreal, I've already mentioned that sufficient credit is not the issue.

audacious:

* I have enough credit for the packages before trying to subscribe so thats not the problem
* I browse normally with the line (at 15kobo\kb), so that's not the problem either
* Glo customer care was no help

Anyone else have the same problem? or knows a solution?

Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by xreal: 3:21pm On Jan 15, 2011
o.k.

Yaa'kuri!
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by omoboy08(m): 1:38pm On Aug 15, 2011
as long as dis thread is old, i ve gone thr all d pages to get my glo line activated for 3G bt all to no avail. Ve called der cc tired, gone to der office and was told to subscribed to a plan. My N400 was wasted cos of dis. Any help will b appreciated. I c no E/G/3G signal on my nokia E5 even wen am in 3G areas. Help oooooooo
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by lynxnoon(m): 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2011
omoboy08:

as long as dis thread is old, i ve gone thr all d pages to get my glo line activated for 3G bt all to no avail. Ve called der cc tired, gone to der office and was told to subscribed to a plan. My N400 was wasted cos of dis. Any help will b appreciated. I c no E/G/3G signal on my nokia E5 even wen am in 3G areas. Help oooooooo
First of all. . . Hope have some credit left on the line?
Another thing maybe that the 3g is not stable in that area or network wahala so I would advice you to switch TO 2G and see if it connects
Also send INFO to 127 to find out if u r actually. On any data plan
Cheers
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by omoboy08(m): 4:31am On Aug 16, 2011
lynxnoon:

First of all. . . Hope have some credit left on the line?
Another thing maybe that the 3g is not stable in that area or network wahala so I would advice you to switch TO 2G and see if it connects
Also send INFO to 127 to find out if u r actually. On any data plan
Cheers
my since my N400 has been wasted without using it, i dnt want to wasted any more money 4subscriptn again until am able to c packet signal whether Gprs or Edge on dline. Am currently nt in a 3G signal now, but atleast i shd b able to c edge or ghgprs. My netwrk setting is always in dual mode
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by lynxnoon(m): 10:53am On Aug 16, 2011
omoboy08:

my since my N400 has been wasted without using it, i dnt want to wasted any more money 4subscriptn again until am able to c packet signal whether Gprs or Edge on dline. Am currently nt in a 3G signal now, but atleast i shd b able to c edge or ghgprs. My netwrk setting is always in dual mode
you only need about N50 or at most N100 for the gloflat data plan to continue
I don't understand what you mean by ur network showing DUAL MODE
can you explain in detail?
Cheers
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by Funkymallam(m): 6:15pm On Aug 16, 2011
Hello, pls am having a problem with my glo edge.
My sim was activated b4 i lost my fon, i just retrieved the line, when i inserted it into my nokia x2-01, sent activate to 127, switch of the fon and then on. I got wap settings that i saved, but i can only browse with the fon browser, cant use 2go, opera mini or bolt.
Tried calling cc but cant get through, wot do i do?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by omoboy08(m): 8:30pm On Aug 16, 2011
lynxnoon:

you only need about N50 or at most N100 for the gloflat data plan to continue
I don't understand what you mean by your network showing DUAL MODE
can you explain in detail?
Cheers
i meant changin dnetwk setin frm umts to dual mode. Der cc cald me 2day dt it has been activatd dt i shd recharge. Den i added N200 2d initia N46 stil getin packet data nt avail as response.cald dem again nd was told 2switch off 4somtime,all same na ni. D whole tin don tire me jare.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by lynxnoon(m): 10:02am On Aug 17, 2011
omoboy08:

i meant changin dnetwk setin frm umts to dual mode. Der cc cald me 2day dt it has been activatd dt i shd recharge. Den i added N200 2d initia N46 stil getin packet data nt avail as response.cald dem again nd was told 2switch off 4somtime,all same na ni. D whole tin don tire me jare.
I think the problem is that you are not using the right setting
s. . . . make sure you using GLOFLAT and not GLOSECURE or GLODIRECT
If you dont have the settings you can manually create one and set it as default
APN: gloflat
USERNAME: flat
PASSWORD: flat

after doing that switch off and on your phone again
It should work this time; well as long as you have a data plan; which you can confirm by sending INFO to 127
Cheers
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by omoboy08(m): 1:50pm On Aug 17, 2011
lynxnoon:

I think the problem is that you are not using the right setting
s. . . . make sure you using GLOFLAT and not GLOSECURE or GLODIRECT
If you dont have the settings you can manually create one and set it as default
APN: gloflat
USERNAME: flat
PASSWORD: flat

after doing that switch off and on your phone again
It should work this time; well as long as you have a data plan; which you can confirm by sending INFO to 127
Cheers
thanks 4d guide. Ve done d gloflat n stil culdnt browse. Der cc was jst telling lie cos dline couldnt show any of edge/gprs/3G on my e5 even wen am nt conectin.then i knw it ll neva brw without any of d signal. Pls if u ve any activatd 3G line to sell let me knw
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by lynxnoon(m): 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2011
omoboy08:

thanks 4d guide. Ve done d gloflat n stil culdnt browse. Der cc was jst telling lie cos dline couldnt show any of edge/gprs/3G on my e5 even wen am nt conectin.then i knw it ll neva brw without any of d signal. Pls if u ve any activatd 3G line to sell let me knw
did u confirm that u r on a data plan? did u send INFO to 127?
what was the response?
are you sure ur phone runs on 1900 for GSM/EDGE n 2100 for 3G/HSDPA?
Check all this. to be sure
Tho I have an activated line. . . . not sure I want to sell coast it costs me alot to get it done
Cheers
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by omoboy08(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2011
lynxnoon:

did u confirm that u r on a data plan? did u send INFO to 127?
what was the response?
are you sure your phone runs on 1900 for GSM/EDGE n 2100 for 3G/HSDPA?
Check all this. to be sure
Tho I have an activated line. . . . not sure I want to sell coast it costs me alot to get it done
Cheers
it is now 11days dat i subscribe to N400 for 50mb wc shd last 4 7days out wc i culdnt use. I sent 52 to 127 then nd N400 was zip off. I jst borrowd a frnd's glo line nd it was browsn live n direct wit gloflat tin on my e5. Even my mtn is browsin free witout any setin. Info to 127 no shows blank mesg as response.dline is d prob. Thanks man.it was browsn live n direct wit gloflat tin on my e5. Even my mtn is browsin free witout any setin. Info to 127 no shows blank mesg as response.dline is d prob. Thanks man.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by omoboy08(m): 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2011
i was able to brws wit a frnd's glo sim wen i went to ikeja on my fone 2day wit 3G signal, dat pain me most. I continue wit my mtn. Glo wahala too much
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by omoboy08(m): 6:46am On Aug 18, 2011
thanks dude, i apprec8 d response. I only want to enjoy d 200mb fr d netwk. Dat was d reason for my curiousity.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by lynxnoon(m): 9:39am On Aug 18, 2011
omoboy08:

thanks dude, i apprec8 d response. I only want to enjoy d 200mb fr d netwk. Dat was d reason for my curiousity.
no probs
if u r still up to it then go to a Glo world /office they should sort it out for u
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? / How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. / 5 Things You Didn't Know That Drains Your Phone Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.