Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,172 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:57 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (993514 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 9:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
Pls my own family I have come again with my ticket wahala. Pls help me put this two airline in a scale of preference (turkish and ArikAirline). Considering the waiting time, the flight duration, adding infant ticket and comfort for preggy woman and also comfort for baby on the return leg. The agent said if I go with Arik she will refund us some money. Pls I need to make a decision cos hubby has given me within now and tomorrow to decide. Pls help me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:49pm On Nov 21, 2016
favouredi:

Hmm...but even at that 2 years is pretty far away. All the mamas for this thread go don born their children for there ...Na wa o. Trump sef

grin grin you are funny.. how is that going to happen?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 21, 2016
Chanbaby:
Pls my own family I have come again with my ticket wahala. Pls help me put this two airline in a scale of preference (turkish and ArikAirline). Considering the waiting time, the flight duration, adding infant ticket and comfort for preggy woman and also comfort for baby on the return leg. The agent said if I go with Arik she will refund us some money. Pls I need to make a decision cos hubby has given me within now and tomorrow to decide. Pls help me.

Pele Dear, I know this type of ultimatum, i'm so sorry about your ordeal with the agent please just go with turkish airline feddy27 used it and she said it was good, arik is to NYC, you need to book a hotel if you arrive late, you need to book an onward flight to final destination, just go with turkish and make your decision fast to avoid kata kata

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mumzt: 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hello house. This is not supposed to be on this thread but just giving feedback cos I asked about it.

Ukvisa fees can't b paid in gtbank again. U ve to get a dorm acc, fund it and use d $ or £ card to pay. #Ok bye!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 10:36pm On Nov 21, 2016
Chanbaby:

I would advise Turkish. Arik does not have inflight entertainment and if NY is not ur final destination, then you av to consider hotel and local flight. Turkish will take you to your final destination. Don't stress about infant ticket, you can do dat at the airport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Topboyz5: 11:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
justwise:

Republican controls both houses now so passing the bill in the next 2yrs will not be as difficult as it will be after mid-term election

Apart from Congress, it must go to state house of assemblies too. A 2/3 from the states is needed.

Constitutional amendment is not easy. But It is not impossible too

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bisoye82: 11:17pm On Nov 21, 2016
mumzt:
Hello house. This is not supposed to be on this thread but just giving feedback cos I asked about it.
Ukvisa fees can't b paid in gtbank again. U ve to get a dorm acc, fund it and use d $ or £ card to pay. #Ok bye!
Ha see Gobe shocked shocked sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Amother4life: 1:32am On Nov 22, 2016
Good evening ladies,
Please, who has successfully applied for ETC in the last couple of days. Please, share the details and cost with me. God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TOKNOW: 1:44am On Nov 22, 2016
Hello house,pls who knows if Travelex Abuja is now selling PTA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by eribooboo: 1:47am On Nov 22, 2016
Chanbaby:

I will advice u go with Turkish, flew dem 4 days ago n it was cool...had enof leg room for the Istanbul-houston flight n got 'jumping of line' n special treatment all thru frm lag.

for d transit tho,at the airport jst look out for d mosque area ,there r enof seats to lay dwn on n sleep...al u hv to do is set alarm to wake u up grin grin n take a wrapper or smtin to cover urslf wit. wink

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 3:24am On Nov 22, 2016
feddy27:

I would advise Turkish. Arik does not have inflight entertainment and if NY is not ur final destination, then you av to consider hotel and local flight. Turkish will take you to your final destination. Don't stress about infant ticket, you can do dat at the airport.

@chloe7 @ feddy27 @eribooboo thanks dear for ur prompt response
My final destination is houston but the agent adviced I enter from jfk to avoid houston poe wahala. Then hubby is concern about the flight duration for going and coming with a baby on Turkish air.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 4:13am On Nov 22, 2016
Chanbaby:

thanks dear for ur prompt response
My final destination is houston but the agent adviced I enter from jfk to avoid houston poe wahala. Then hubby is concern about the flight duration for going and coming with a baby on Turkish air.

I went and came bak wit baby + toddler too so that's not a big deal. You will have a bassinet for baby. Truth is baby will be asleep most of the times and the flight pressure hs little or no effect on them. Ensure to put d baby to breast during take off and landing. I've flown with newborns twice of 2 and 3wks respectively.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 5:24am On Nov 22, 2016
Hi,
Will try logging into my nairaland email and reply u.
Janet101:

Hello
I sent u a mail,I'll be using el paso around dat time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 5:25am On Nov 22, 2016
Will send you a mail once I'm able to log into my nairaland email.
Cheers

placebo:

Hi Pinky2016, I am due in May 2017 and considering el paso. I hope we hook up if you dont mind. Email is mrsjirikap@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 22, 2016
chibertha:

Hi Chiberta,
How early do you think is appropriate to send a notification of intent to the embassy?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 7:52am On Nov 22, 2016
@feddy27, @eribooboo
God bless u my people. Thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshtestimony: 8:09am On Nov 22, 2016
My God of freshtestimony has done it again ooo, he never disappoint.
In the spirit of giving back as we usually say, I'm currently in LA chilling in the hotel room. I came in tru airfrance. The first day we tried to get the ticket my DH ran away when the agent were quoting 680,000 to 700,000 Naira to us, it took me 2 days to pasuade him to check on line by ourselves. Which we did and eventually got 438,000 Naira one morning like that, we quickly booked online and went to our agent to pay.

I left MM on Sunday morning and quickly went to port health to get my fit to fly which cost 15000, of which I ve my doctors own too. No delayed at the airport cos my DH met his classmate in sec sch at the airport which is now one of the people checking laugage, so my bag was not checked and no doc required from me.
We took off around 11.55pm. inflight entertainment was superb as they keep giving me fruit juice and water, i actually drank 2 bottles of water before we landed and got to paris around 6am in the morning, there time is the same as NIGERIAN. The plane took off 10am and landed in LA at exactly 1.30pm LA time.

So many flight came in at the same time. And the whole airport was so full that you hardly walk freely. I did self service with their machine which I couldn't get how to so I called one of there officers which helped me out and I printed my data page out.
The qeu was so long, they separated people dat are US citizen and Canadian also.
Only two cbp that was on duty, they almost fainted as the crowd is too much for them.
When it got to my turn the man only asked
Cbp: are you the only one here
Me: look left and right and answered yes
Cbp: what are you here for?
Me: for childbirth and vacation

Naomi so the man stamped me in and say welcome to America and happy anniversary. When we got to agriculture they were just pushing everybody to the exit door and saying happy anniversary at the same time.
No doc was checked, no secondary inspection, none of my food was seized.
It can only be God cos I over prepared and I didn't eventually bring any of the doc out.
I later asked which anniversary are they shouting up and down and a Lady said US anniversary is on the 24th of this month and it's usually done once in a year. Toor wetin be my own.

@bisoye84 I want to say thank you once again, may God bless you richly, and to the rest of the mamas and papas dat contributed to my question, may you always find favour too. LadyGuinivere I thank you may.
Sorry for the long. Expecting my family for Xmas and our own 7th year anniversary.

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 22, 2016
mumzt:

Eheeehheee iru wahala wo leleyi! First of all o i've always paid my uk visa fees first with sterling, later we started paying with card since 2014 i've never paid to gtbank o, now my visa is expired and I have to renew and this is the stress I have to be passing through, this is rather grouse! Nigeria's economy has to improve asap o by God's grace, Amin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oluwainfin(m): 9:31am On Nov 22, 2016
Why don't you try Ethiopian? Shorter flight (12hrs or so).

Chanbaby:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 9:53am On Nov 22, 2016
chloe7:

Eheeehheee iru wahala wo leleyi! First of all o i've always paid my uk visa fees first with sterling, later we started paying with card since 2014 i've never paid to gtbank o, now my visa is expired and I have to renew and this is the stress I have to be passing through, this is rather grouse! Nigeria's economy has to improve asap o by God's grace, Amin
I cried when I paid for the visa called told sent them messages they patiently waited till I had applied and replied after a week that they noticed I have applied and dint answer my question.
I cried when I paid wept like a baby @ 450 before the DSS raid.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 9:54am On Nov 22, 2016
chloe7:

I cried when I paid for the visa called TLS sent them messages they patiently waited till I had applied and replied after a week that they noticed I have applied and dint answer my question.
I cried when I paid wept like a baby at 450 before the DSS raid.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by LadyGuinivere: 10:40am On Nov 22, 2016
Chanbaby:

Ny friend entered from jfk like 5 days ago and to quote her ' jfk is no longer bae'
She was kept in secondary inspection for 3 hours with orishirishi stupid kweshions...
'Friend' btw why haven't you posted your poe experience? You be busy reading others own tongue cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 22, 2016
Chanbaby:

hi... the flight duration isn't that bad o, its almost as tho you are flying from uk, just an hour difference. The duration you see on the ticket is an estimate, becos I flew them recently to Boston tho, on my ticket it was meant to be an 11hrs flight from IST to BOS but we did 9hrs 15mins and coming back it was even 8hrs 50mins.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 11:14am On Nov 22, 2016
She hasn't traveled yet... Needs advice on which airline to go with. Though I would advice she gets her money from the agent. Making a killing off her...

LadyGuinivere:

Ny friend entered from jfk like 5 days ago and to quote her ' jfk is no longer bae'
She was kept in secondary inspection for 3 hours with orishirishi stupid kweshions...
'Friend' btw why haven't you posted your poe experience? You be busy reading others own tongue cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by vcole: 12:05pm On Nov 22, 2016
Wow! I can't believe this is part 5. Big ups to everyone keeping this thread alive.
Congrats to all new moms and safe delivery to all expectant moms.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 12:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
We meet again... Lol!

vcole:
Wow! I can't believe this is part 5. Big ups to everyone keeping this thread alive.
Congrats to all new moms and safe delivery to all expectant moms.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oniwoski: 12:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
Hello good people of this thread....kindly help cos its urgent.....

Is it cheaper to rent a 2 bedroom shared apartment in houston or just go for an extended stay like intown suit cos i found one intown suit vry close to my hospital.
Which is more convenient pls.....
Secondly how is ethiopian airline compared to airfrance for a preggie of 35wks like me.....kindly assist me pls ..i'll b leaving soon
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oniwoski: 12:31pm On Nov 22, 2016
Jst remembered this....pls i am houston bound...how is the weather like lately for those already in houston as i will be travelling with my bout 3yr old toddler this weekend and me self dey fear cold.....also is it easy getting a daycare for toddlers? I am using houston northwest medical center....jst incase i have posted my interview transcript ooo.....good mamas in d house
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by vcole: 12:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lol!
boldinc:
We meet again... Lol!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by eribooboo: 12:51pm On Nov 22, 2016
Chanbaby:
@feddy27, @eribooboo
God bless u my people. Thanks alot

poe was easy for me...didnt spend up to 10mins even plus secondary inspection. just pray,u will b fine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
@oniwoski please dear i have pmd u

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (416)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.