Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,725 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:29 AM

We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari (44740 Views)

Biafra: IPOB Members Release Doves In Anambra (Photos) / "Produce Nnamdi Kanu Within 7 Days" - IPOB Tells FG, South-East Governors / Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by davidif: 8:23am On Nov 04, 2016
nestic3:
The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has declared that no part of the defunct Biafra Republic would be left behind in its quest for self determination.

In a statement issued by Barrister Emma Nmezu and Dr. Clifford Chukwuemeka Iroanya, spokespersons of the IPOB‎, they maintained that both the South-South and the Middle Belt were still part of the Biafra territory and would not be allowed to remain as slaves in Nigeria.

The group equally hailed President Muhammdu Buhari who had told Niger Delta leaders that “If anybody has a country to go to, let him go, we will stay here and salvage our country‎.”
The IPOB said with such statement, President Buhari had accepted the fact that it was time for Biafra to go.

‎The statement read: “We at IPOB are delighted with the comments attributed to President Muhamadu Buhari, who seems to have bowed to international pressure to consider the inevitable disintegration of Nigeria, though with conditions we find inconsistent with common sense and logic.

“According to Buhari, ‘any Nigerian is free to leave the country if they have another one. Buhari also stated that ‘If anybody has a country to go to, let him go, we will stay here and salvage our country.’ It is crystal clear that Buhari has seen the futility of fighting against a determined people, who are bent on restoring their God given nation, which was unjustly robbed them by slave merchants, later turned colonialists.

“From all indications, Buhari must have consulted with his colonial backers and religious handlers, who perhaps have taken the time to school him on the sanctity of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People (UNDRIP), the inviolability and irreducibility of the rights of Indigenous People to self-determination.
“However, we observed that hidden in the statements of Buhari are two evil agendas. First evil agenda is that Buhari made this statement in a meeting he had with Biafrans from the riverine or southern part of Biafra which the Hausa-Fulani oligarchy nicknamed South-South or Niger-Delta.

“The underlying objective in Buhari’s statement is to create the impression that the so-called South-South is not part of Biafraland, hence the upland areas of Biafra (Igbo) can leave Nigeria while the riverine areas (Ibibio, Efik, Izon, Itshekiri, Urhobo, Isoko) will remain part of Nigeria.

“The plan is to trap the riverine areas of Biafraland in Nigeria to enable Buhari and his Hausa-Fulani oligarchy continue the shameless exploitation and stealing of Biafra’s natural resources which they have always used and will continue to use to develop the Arewa region of Nigeria.”

The group further stated that “The only surprise is that Buhari and his handlers did not include the rich Orient oil fields of Anambra River Basin, the high yield Shell operated Egbema oil fields in Imo State, the abundant gas reserves at Ohaji also in Imo State and the Shell operated Ukwa deep oil well in Abia State in their so-called South-South/Niger Delta.

“Successive governments of Nigeria have continued to deceive the gullible public that the reason we IPOB are agitating for Biafra is because of oil in the Niger Delta region, without making obvious the fact that oil was first found in commercial quantity in Imo State before Oloibiri in Bayelsa State.

“Sadly many people are still ignorant of the fact that active oil and gas extraction is happening today in Anambra, Imo, Abia and Igbo parts of Rivers State.

“It is pertinent we make clear to all and sundry that while oil may motivate the Arewa North to seek One Nigeria because they cannot live without it, due to their lazy parasitic nature, in Biafraland and in the new Biafra we shall place 100% emphasis on human capital development not on natural occurring minerals.

“For a country to pin the hopes of its entire economic policy and well being on a finite natural resource is indicative of the level of intellectual backwardness of the self arrogating ‘elites’ that run the economy of the colonial contraption known as Nigeria.

“We the Indigenous People of Biafra believe that the greatest natural resource a people can be endowed with is their brain not what is under the ground.

“We must stress for purposes of sound knowledge that there is no known geographical cardinal point in any geography text book or academic literature or any part of this world called ‘South-South’, except in Nigeria.

“This unique un-academic introduction of a new cardinal point called ‘South-South’ was created by the Hausa-Fulani oligarchy to serve their divide and rule interests.
With this dichotomy they intend to continue to own virtually all the oil blocks in Biafraland including those at Anambra, Imo, Abia and Igbo parts of Rivers State. But the same Hausa-Fulani natural born rulers of Nigeria refused to create corresponding cardinal points of “North-north” and “West-west.” Sensible people must ask themselves why this is the case.

“The Hausa-Fulani ruling class carefully created this unique cardinal point of “South-South” to drive an everlasting wedge between the upland and riverine areas of Biafraland.

“Furthermore, the “South-South” is not contained in any part of the Constitution of Nigeria nor is it any of the Acts of Parliament or Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (L.F.N.).

“The second evil agenda of Buhari is that by making such statements before these respected leaders from the riverine area of Biafraland, he is creating the false impression that he has obtained the consent of the people of Southern Biafra to build the Nigeria of his dreams. Buhari in so doing is giving a misleading signal that Biafrans from the riverine areas have bought into his deceptive and foundationally disastrous “One Nigeria” project.

“By gathering a few Biafrans from the riverine areas and saying that “those who don’t want to be part of Nigeria should leave,” Buhari hopes to convince the world that those Biafrans he was addressing at Aso Rock believe in the “oneness” of the British colony Nigeria he is assiduouslly pursuing.

“We the Indigenous People of Biafra at this point would wish to categorically inform Buhari that since we already have our blessed nation Biafra created by the Most High God not man; we do not need the temporary country called Nigeria created by a white man Luggard for his amusement and economic exploitation.

“We wish to further inform Buhari that Indigenous People of Biafra do not desire to regress from the status of a nation state to that of a country artificially created by the British with divergent and irreconcilable value systems. Even today, nations that make up Britain like Scotland and Wales are agitating like Biafrans, to establish their own nation state outside Britain, so why should Nigeria that is created by a white British man be immune to similar demands being made by Biafrans?

“We were Biafrans before the British Government through the instrumentality of the Royal Niger Company forced us into this contraption christened Nigeria by Flora Shaw at the time the mistress of Frederick Luggard. Buhari professes his faith in Islam and belief that a woman’s position in society is limited to the confines of the kitchen yet his anti women rhetoric does not extend to the abolition of the name Nigeria because that name for which he has killed millions, was given by an unmarried white woman to the unfortunate people known today as Nigerians.”

“Therefore, we are very happy to hear from Buhari that he has at last come to terms with the folly of trying to continue to deploy the brutality of the Nigerian military to force we Indigenous People of Biafra to be Nigerians against our wish.

“Hence we welcome with open arms the declaration Buhari that we Biafrans are now free to leave the contraption called Nigeria and go home to rebuild our battered but blessed nation of Biafra.

“We hope that Buhari will now stop his wholesale massacre, arrest and illegal detention of peaceful and unarmed Indigenous People of Biafra and hurry to free the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and other illegally detained prisoners of conscience.

“We look forward to Buhari and his Hausa-Fulani owners of “One Nigeria” making arrangements for a bipartisan meeting of Arewa dominated Nigeria and Indigenous People of Biafra for the purpose of determining the modalities and date of a Biafrexit referendum to determine the will of the people once and for all time.

“For once, Buhari has spoken reasonably well, though his conditions of carving out of the riverine areas of Biafraland into his One Nigeria dream in the classic divide and rule mindset is not acceptable to us the Indigenous People of Biafra.

“Buhari needs to come to terms with the fact that IPOB will not leave any part of Biafraland, from the plains of Idomaland to the shorelines of Opobo Kingdom, to become a conquered territory like the Yoruba owned Illorin, which today is under Caliphate rule answerable to the Sultan of Sokoto not the Ooni of Ife.

“The restoration of the nation of Biafra is irrevocably sacrosanct and irreversible, no amount of gamesmanship on the part of Buhari and his colonial handlers can stop it.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/11/02/well-break-away-every-part-biafra-south-south-creation-northern-leaders-ipob-tells-buhari/

And why exactly would the South-South want to go along with Biafra when they actually own the oil? They have leverage and can afford to go there seperate ways instead of being second class citizens in the Republic of Biafra.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by Justiceleague1: 8:42am On Nov 04, 2016
7lives:

If only you know how i so much want them to have Biafra, most of their pains are self inflict and they keep blaming others, it will be a good idea
to give them them their country, the moment the Nigerian government DECIDE to give them Biafra without SS , liver go fail them because they know that Biafra is about TAKING OVER THE RESOURCES IN THE SS AND SUBJUGATING THE PEOPLE.

mental,is everything about oil? Why ur eyes on other ppl's resources? Tafiakwa that ss will choose to remain with the evil parasitic hausa run nigeria! Use ur head,someone called u mere 5% and u still wanna smile and die with him..
Mallam,the thought of losing ss oil is hypertensive to u all lazy unproductive gud4nothing ppl.

Only a big zombie and a leech will believe anybody can take over the ss resources and subjugate them in a free country that is nolonger under the evil hausa run nigeria..

1 Like

Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 04, 2016
“We must stress for purposes of sound knowledge that there is no known geographical cardinal point in any geography text book or academic literature or any part of this world called ‘South-South’, except in Nigeria. grin grin
How you agree to answer South-South when same is not in existence is disturbing. sad angry

1 Like

Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 04, 2016
davidif:

And why exactly would the South-South want to go along with Biafra when they actually own the oil? They have leverage and can afford to go there seperate ways instead of being second class citizens in the Republic of Biafra.

One common ground, everyone wants to leave Nigeria for the Fulanis' (plus their Hausa slaves) and Yorubas.
You guys can continue your romance.
Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by Ugosample(m): 9:23am On Nov 04, 2016
Princedapace:

If u read my points very well...u will understand that I'm not in support of seperation but we must not call them fools becus I love their guts..the country is not working..

U and I know that Nigeria is not working and can never work wit the current structure.. Nigeria was founded in falsehood.. Lies and lies..fake map calving, fake population, fake LGA allocation, fake many things...it can't work..

My point is...those people fighting for Biafra are not stupid..they av seen that the county they were killed to join has not worked.. If the country had worked...I'm sure..none of them would av been talking now..do u get my point now? In as much as u and I may not like their agitation but we should never call them stupid becus they are wiser..they know that they are not comfortable...unlike us who know that we are not comfortable but we prefer to keep quiet.. We are not wise na!

The point is...Nigeria is divided.. U sef know.. Northerner can never unite to fight a govt wit the south.. Even in the south, some regions can't unite to fight a govt..and make I tell u the truth...a country where citizens can't unite to fight the govt can never ever work. This country is so sweet for political class.. They are the ones enjoying this structure.. The best we can do is to see reasons wit the Biafra agitators but in another dimension..we need a better structure...where u and I can unite to fight our govt..

From your comment, it still seems that you support the secession.
If 1966 coup did not happen (which unfortunately, Igbo people played a big role in) this country would not have been this divided, neither will we have this messed up system of sharing that we have today, the blame falls on Ironsi.
If not each region would have been paying 50% to the centre and the region's would have been stronger Canada style.

The root problem is still greed and corruption, and If Nigeria likes, let it split into 7, it will still be the same thing, that is what makes the agitation useless.

I am from the SE, and I will tell you without apology that we have the most wicked and selfish leaders in Nigeria, and the trick they play is to lie to the people.
Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by Ugosample(m): 9:27am On Nov 04, 2016
gemini35:
u did,ntmake a point here bro,eritra,u said? sudan and the rest, are nt biafrans,our case is different for christ sake,dissolution of this union is the best,thing that ll bring peace,ok some state s practice sharia law,and ban alcohol,and many other things,is marginalizating nt naked in this,biafra is here to stay we are wining

You did not make any point with that comment up there...

Sharia law is at the state level, and the constitution is the highest law in the land, so that is not a point
The SE states can also make laws in their own states and that will hold.

What "marginalization" are you even talking about sef
Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by Ugosample(m): 9:31am On Nov 04, 2016
Princedapace:

If u read my points very well...u will understand that I'm not in support of seperation but we must not call them fools becus I love their guts..the country is not working..

U and I know that Nigeria is not working and can never work wit the current structure.. Nigeria was founded in falsehood.. Lies and lies..fake map calving, fake population, fake LGA allocation, fake many things...it can't work..

My point is...those people fighting for Biafra are not stupid..they av seen that the county they were killed to join has not worked.. If the country had worked...I'm sure..none of them would av been talking now..do u get my point now? In as much as u and I may not like their agitation but we should never call them stupid becus they are wiser..they know that they are not comfortable...unlike us who know that we are not comfortable but we prefer to keep quiet.. We are not wise na!

The point is...Nigeria is divided.. U sef know.. Northerner can never unite to fight a govt wit the south.. Even in the south, some regions can't unite to fight a govt..and make I tell u the truth...a country where citizens can't unite to fight the govt can never ever work. This country is so sweet for political class.. They are the ones enjoying this structure.. The best we can do is to see reasons wit the Biafra agitators but in another dimension..we need a better structure...where u and I can unite to fight our govt..

Besides, that talk of you saying that north can never unite with the south to fight government, maybe you did not know that in 1993, nationwide, Abiola won elections over the other guy (Tofa). Infact, Abiola even won Tofa's home state of Kaduna.
So what are we saying here

Even in 2011, though Jonathan did not win the core northern States, he got Significant support there, what if Obasanjo

Let us be objective and not be driven by sentiment

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by Princedapace(m): 11:30am On Nov 04, 2016
Ugosample:

Besides, that talk of you saying that north can never unite with the south to fight government, maybe you did not know that in 1993, nationwide, Abiola won elections over the other guy (Tofa). Infact, Abiola even won Tofa's home state of Kaduna.
So what are we saying here

Even in 2011, though Jonathan did not win the core northern States, he got Significant support there, what if Obasanjo

Let us be objective and not be driven by sentiment

Bro...leave sentiments.. Elections are rigged in naija.. Nothing more ..nothing less.. Don't count on those things.. Well...there is no need we argue here.. If u are comfortable wit the way Nigeria is...I am not.. And many are not too..
Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by Ugosample(m): 11:32am On Nov 04, 2016
Princedapace:

Bro...leave sentiments.. Elections are rigged in naija.. Nothing more ..nothing less.. Don't count on those things.. Well...there is no need we argue here.. If u are comfortable wit the way Nigeria is...I am not.. And many are not too..

I not comfortable with the way Nigeria is too, and we are not arguing, But secession is STILL not the answer, and can NEVER happen.

But what will happen eventually is the restructuring of the country.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by Princedapace(m): 11:35am On Nov 04, 2016
Ugosample:

If 1966 coup did not happen (which unfortunately, Igbo people played a big role in) this country would not have been this divided, neither will we have this messed up system of sharing that we have today, the blame falls on Ironsi.
If not each region would have been paying 50% to the centre and the region's would have been stronger Canada style.

The root problem is still greed and corruption, and If Nigeria likes, let it split into 7, it will still be the same thing, that is what makes the agitation useless.

I am from the SE, and I will tell you without apology that we have the most wicked and selfish leaders in Nigeria, and the trick they play is to lie to the people.

I'm not in support of any Biafra...but I can't call them stupid people.. Never.. They av right to want to leave Nigeria.. There was nothing like Nigeria before.. Britain created this.. It is not by force to remain there..
The worst part of creating Nigeria by Britain is even the sad reason they created it...they created it to save cost and oppress the people.. Is that not nonsense act?

I support a regional based govt and not Biafra but I can't call them stupid people ..becus if u marry and ur marriage is not working, u will think of divorce. That is the case wit Biafra agitation..

And what led to civil war was still majorly tribal saga...this tribe suspecting the other.. So...it has been wit us..it will remain wit us.

North is not better than south....south west...not better than south east...east not better than south west.. Nigeria generally is backward...u sef know.. We av enough to be great...

The only people enjoying the way Nigeria is are the politicians..
Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by Princedapace(m): 11:39am On Nov 04, 2016
Ugosample:

I not comfortable with the way Nigeria is too, and we are not arguing, But secession is STILL not the answer, and can NEVER happen.

But what will happen eventually is the restructuring of the country.

Saying 'can never happen' is wrong...bro.. That those profiting from the structure of Nigeria are saying so doesn't mean I will say so...

It is wrong to tell someone he or she must marry u weda he or she likes it or not..

In Tue first place...there was nothing like Nigeria.. This country came as a result of British greed...

I support restructuring which the masses must be carried along very well and not the same greedy leaders o...but it is not nice to say...seperation must not happen bro.. They av every right to demand for that...

1 Like

Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by marv1: 12:10pm On Nov 04, 2016
What he said is valid except u want to tell us ur own valid point.
santino09:

You don't have sense at all.
Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by 7lives: 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2016
Justiceleague1:

mental,is everything about oil? Why ur eyes on other ppl's resources? Tafiakwa that ss will choose to remain with the evil parasitic hausa run nigeria! Use ur head,someone called u mere 5% and u still wanna smile and die with him..
Mallam,the thought of losing ss oil is hypertensive to u all lazy unproductive gud4nothing ppl.

Only a big zombie and a leech will believe anybody can take over the ss resources and subjugate them in a free country that is nolonger under the evil hausa run nigeria..

Action speaks louder than voice, the SS are not ready to join Biafra or have you not heard that they prefers oil blocks TO resource control.
You are not their mouth piece OR their brain are you?, Malam? any way you are free to call me anything you like it still won't change the fact that SS people won't be joining you in Biafra, you guys can move on after all according to you its not about the oil.

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by Justiceleague1: 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2016
7lives:
[/b]

Action speaks louder than voice, the SS are not ready to join Biafra or have you not heard that they prefers oil blocks TO resource control.
You are not their mouth piece OR their brain are you?, Malam? any way you are free to call me anything you like it still won't change the fact that SS people won't be joining you in Biafra, you guys can move on after all according to you its not about the oil.
go to hell,or better still go tend ur cows..i am a south southerner myself and i know what i am saying. A lot of my edo brethren are very angry at my stance and kinda understandably so..in the event it happens and ipob go away,tufiakwa that we choose to remain with u mallams and ur bloody zoo.. Its niger delta straight away. U can go on beating the air and be vommiting south east that are blessed already.

Mallam grin

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by devilson(m): 9:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
fourthworld:

punish that man.

You are a perpetual slave deal with it. Your own slavery can never be equaled in any historical archives. You've accepted your fate because of your parasitic nature but please leave people that want freedom alone you cursed fellow. I find it a surprise that the Northerners that fought the war hardly say anything whenever we agitate, except you programmed robots. Ok I understand that you are trying to gain the favor of your Fulani masters but as a matter of fact, you will always be treated like tissue paper by the North irrespective of your unrelenting efforts to please then, if I am lying ask your midget god Tinubu, you people are naturally object of pity from demons. Imagine people that merciless demons show pity to, that's to tell you the extent of human degradation you people have become. You are not worthy to be called humans I swear, you are all tamed dogs
hAha 10th class citizen calling me a slave,deal with it u stucked in the zoo
Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by ARIZONA123(m): 10:17pm On Nov 04, 2016
AkinPhysicist:

cool grin grin wat u smoking dude...pass it on...u seeing things. grin grin cool
. Akindele. Shatap. Are you not the same person with the moniker Areonankankafo? You hail from ogun state. A village clinic operator. Ur file is here
Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by ARIZONA123(m): 10:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
laudate:

Ò ̣ bù ̣etu à kà o bēlụ? Pain, ke? Hehehe.... na you dey cry all over this thread because you have been wounded!
. See this one! Anyway. You are not a match. No need wasting my time on you cos you are just a minor. I will ignore you now
Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by mystry(m): 11:23am On Nov 05, 2016
GudluckIBB:
What are you people still waiting for?

But remeber, when you finally break off, dont Use Electricity becos it is generated from Nigeria,

You will have to start importing fuel from Nigeria or from other countries becos you cannot be separated and still be using our fuel,

All the Ibos in Ajao Estate, lekki, isolo, aguda, ijesha,festac, Amuwo Odofin and Mafolukwu should vacate thier houses and relocate to Biafra becos you cannot be in the zoo and be proclaiming biafra.

Lets see how you people will survive these conditions.

Nonsense

you are a fool without measure
Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by AkinPhysicist: 1:07pm On Nov 05, 2016
ARIZONA123:
. Akindele. Shatap. Are you not the same person with the moniker Areonankankafo? You hail from ogun state. A village clinic operator. Ur file is here

cool grin Areona (my westside ni88a) must have done a number on your fragile self - esteem which explains why you continue to see him in your poverty-induced nightmares grin cool

Pic 1: cool grin me smoking my smooth blunt (#homegrown) enjoying my weekend. grin cool

Pic 2: cool grin this Ipob yoot in an Aba bush collecting grass thinking he is collecting files grin cool

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by ARIZONA123(m): 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2016
AkinPhysicist:

cool grin Areona (my westside ni88a) must have done a number on your fragile self - esteem which explains why you continue to see him in your poverty-induced nightmares grin cool

Pic 1: cool grin me smoking my smooth blunt (#homegrown) enjoying my weekend. grin cool

Pic 2: cool grin this Ipob yoot in an Aba bush collecting grass thinking he is collecting files grin cool
. Puhahahahahaaa. Akindele why you dey lie like this nau? Anyway you have been bursted. You want me to post ur picx here Akin?
Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by laudate: 8:29pm On Nov 05, 2016
ARIZONA123:
. See this one! Anyway. You are not a match. No need wasting my time on you cos you are just a minor. I will ignore you now

Look at who is talking??! shocked Look at this Arizona toddler wey dey form big boy... nothing wey person no go see for here. No be your fault. Na di person wey dash you keyboard, I blame. sad
Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by laudate: 8:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
davidif:
Gbam!! And there lies the crux of the whole issue.... hehehe! cheesy Help me tell dem the truth, o jare!

1 Like

Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by 93xtr09r: 10:41pm On Nov 05, 2016
Ugosample:

Lying propagandist are still going about with their silly lies and propaganda just because they are too bitter that the Igbo Nation more than ever before is ever determined to have a separate existence from greedy, treasury looters cum murderous parasites.

"Despite the fact that Nzeogwu was now technically an enemy soldier killed in combat against the Nigerian army, Gowon ordered that Nzeogwu's body should be flown to Kaduna and buried with full military honours – even as the war raged on in the Eastern Region. Even in death, Nzeogwu was still respected by federal and northern troops. Domkat Bali referred to him as: “a nice, charismatic and disciplined officer, highly admired and respected by his colleagues...
….we believed that he was a genuinely patriotic officer who organised the 1966 coup with the best of intentions who was let down by his collaborators….If we had captured him alive, he would not have been killed. I believe he probably would have been tried for his role in the January 15 coup, jailed and probably freed after some time. His death was regrettable.""

AGUIYI IRONSI DID NOT DISSOLVE THE REGIONAL GOVERNMENTS OR RESOURCE CONTROL; GOWON WITH THE COLLUSION OF AWOLOWO DID! 

Gowon created the first 12 states after the dissolution of region. Gowon did the damage by creating state to checkmate the Igbos.

However a few months afterwards, an Igboman Emeka Ojukwu spearheaded the Aburi agreement in which fiscal federalism and even confederation was adopted, but the other Nigerian, including Awolowo and Enahoro kicked against it. That is why fiscal federalism has not been experienced in this nation since then.

In 1972 Gowon with the support of Awolowo enacted and enforced the Indigenization decree which led to the collapse of the Nigerian economy.
To add insult to the festering injury Olusegun Obasanjo promulgated the Land Use Decree (now Land Use Act) in 29th of March, 1978.

By the provision of the Land Use Decree of 1978, the inhabitants of the oil producing communities were turned into squatters in their own ancestral homes, as land where oil is explored, produced, transported and stored were decreed to belong to the state long after political independence in 1960. The existence and application of the Land Use Act of 1978 contributed to the present state of neglect, under-development and the insecurity of the region.

And for the past 45 years, what have subsequent governments done to repeal the evil laws and entrench true practice of federal system of government? Absolutely nothing!

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by Ugosample(m): 10:47pm On Nov 05, 2016
93xtr09r:

Lying propagandist are still going about with their silly lies and propaganda just because they are too bitter that the Igbo Nation more than ever before is ever determined to have a separate existence from greedy, treasury looters cum murderous parasites.

"Despite the fact that Nzeogwu was now technically an enemy soldier killed in combat against the Nigerian army, Gowon ordered that Nzeogwu's body should be flown to Kaduna and buried with full military honours – even as the war raged on in the Eastern Region. Even in death, Nzeogwu was still respected by federal and northern troops. Domkat Bali referred to him as: “a nice, charismatic and disciplined officer, highly admired and respected by his colleagues...
….we believed that he was a genuinely patriotic officer who organised the 1966 coup with the best of intentions who was let down by his collaborators….If we had captured him alive, he would not have been killed. I believe he probably would have been tried for his role in the January 15 coup, jailed and probably freed after some time. His death was regrettable.""

AGUIYI IRONSI DID NOT DISSOLVE THE REGIONAL GOVERNMENTS OR RESOURCE CONTROL; GOWON WITH THE COLLUSION OF AWOLOWO DID! 

Gowon created the first 12 states after the dissolution of region. Gowon did the damage by creating state to checkmate the Igbos.

However a few months afterwards, an Igboman Emeka Ojukwu spearheaded the Aburi agreement in which fiscal federalism and even confederation was adopted, but the other Nigerian, including Awolowo and Enahoro kicked against it. That is why fiscal federalism has not been experienced in this nation since then.

In 1972 Gowon with the support of Awolowo enacted and enforced the Indigenization decree which led to the collapse of the Nigerian economy.
To add insult to the festering injury Olusegun Obasanjo promulgated the Land Use Decree (now Land Use Act) in 29th of March, 1978.

By the provision of the Land Use Decree of 1978, the inhabitants of the oil producing communities were turned into squatters in their own ancestral homes, as land where oil is explored, produced, transported and stored were decreed to belong to the state long after political independence in 1960. The existence and application of the Land Use Act of 1978 contributed to the present state of neglect, under-development and the insecurity of the region.

And for the past 45 years, what have subsequent governments done to repeal the evil laws and entrench true practice of federal system of government? Absolutely nothing!

What is this one saying

The first coup was a lie

or what? ?

Land use act places land under the state governor, not federal so get that one right and stop lying to yourself.

And besides, I'm an Igbo person too, so what is your point?

Indigenisation policy destroyed the Nigerian economy?
Are you stupid or something?

So you rather have the key assets in your country owned by foreigners What id wrong with you?

1 Like

Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by Ugosample(m): 10:57pm On Nov 05, 2016
You people's brains are just blocked to reasoning properly.

All you think is Biafra, Biafra without reasoning properly.

When other countries are looking for ways to expand territory, you want to disintegrate your own country, how wise is that?

Quebec has a definite area, Scotland has a definite area, Wallonia has a definite area, even Catalonia has a definite area, does Biafra have one

Okay that said, If Scotland could not leave UK, and Quebec could not leave Canada, You think "Biafra" which by the way is fraudulent would just walk away like that

Or assuming Biafra leaves it will not be overburdened by its own share of the national debt, and judging by how you miscreants are behavibg, are not in good terms with its neighbours, how will such country develop?

Who is the leader? What Makes Nnamdi Kanu think he is qualified to lead the Igbo nation, what are his antecedents

When an Ipob tout answers these questions convincingly, then I will take them a lil bit more serious.

These guys spoiling things for Igbo people like us.
Tufia

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by 93xtr09r: 10:58pm On Nov 05, 2016
Ugosample:

What is this one saying

The first coup was a lie

or what? ?

Land use act places land under the state governor, not federal so get that one right and stop lying to yourself.

And besides, I'm an Igbo person too, so what is your point?

Indigenisation policy destroyed the Nigerian economy?
Are you stupid or something?

So you rather have the key assets in your country owned by foreigners What id wrong with you?

You definitely must be demented and silly with the trash you've just vomited.

BTW, how does a deluded, inconsequential being claiming Igbo on NL remove the inalienable right of a people for self-determination?

You must be totally out of your mind you vile creature from the pit of hell!

Bloodthirsty hypocrites parading aimlessly on NL with anti-Biafra slogans thinking they can stop the raging IPOB tsunamic movement with their silly lies and distortion of history.

N.B: The essence of this information is mainly to expose the lies of the notorious history distortionists and wicked propagandists who insult and malign others continually with lies and falsehood, and shout and make much noise on every available media.
Disciple of hate and propaganda, here are the members of Yoruba tribe that participated in the January 1966 coup:
(See Ben Gbulie: ‘Nigeria’s Five Majors.’).

*Adewale Ademoyega is the most prominent Yoruba participant in the coup, there were other Yoruba officers who were involved at the dangerous execution stage of the coup. One of them is:

*Second Lieutenant Olafimihan, an officer serving under Madiebo in Kaduna. He was sent by the plotters to gauge his commander’s loyalty. (See Madiebo pp.17-18).

*Another is Lieutenant (some books refer to him as a Captain) Fola Oyewole. He, like Ademoyega, went on to fight for Biafra and wrote a book on his coup and wartime experiences. The book’s title is ‘Reluctant Rebel.’

*There is also Captain Ganiyu Adeleke who became an instructor in the Biafran Infantry School. For confirmation, see the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108, and this quote from Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’: ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry was released at a later date after his co-plotters had been freed.’ Omoigui’s work is significant because, though he exhibits a high level of professionalism in his research, he has no sympathy for the January 15 coup. If his facts corroborate Ademoyega’s they are worthy of attention.

For personal studies consult the following sources of my posts: 

*http://www.naijastories.com/2013/04/the-facts-and-fiction-of-the-january-15-1966-coup/

*https://www.nairaland.com/334770/famous-aburi-conference-full-minute/3

* Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’ - where he mentioned ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry.

* ‘Why We Struck’ - a book by  Adewale Ademoyega, a full blooded Yoruba army officer, who was deeply involved in the planning and execution of the January 1966 coup.

* Max Silloun (the military historian) landmark online article - ‘The inside story of Nigeria’s first military coup Parts 1 and 2

* 'Nigeria’s Five Majors’ - book by Ben Gbulie

* Major General Alexander Madiebo - excerpts from his interview with National Mirror
http://elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/13104-blame-gowon-and-awolowo-for-biafra-genocide-general-madiebo

* ‘Reluctant Rebel’ - a book by Captain Fola Oyewole, who went on to fight for Biafra just like Ademoyega 

* See the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108

* Sanusi Lamido's writings, "Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. 

* Sanusi Lamido's writings/publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History" (Aug. 21, 1998)

* Sanusi Lamido's paper presented at the “National Conference On The 1999 Constitution” Jointly Organised By The Network For Justice And The Vision Trust Foundation, At The Arewa House, Kaduna From 11th –12th September, 1999.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/

Get the books and published papers and acquire some useful knowledge that can help you make informed decisions, and unravel the lies and propaganda being peddled in the public domain by the criminal 'sophisticated' tribe, even in this age of information technology.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by Ugosample(m): 11:07pm On Nov 05, 2016
93xtr09r:

You definitely must be demented and silly with the trash you've just vomited.

BTW, how does a deluded, inconsequential being claiming Igbo on NL remove the inalienable right of a people for self-determination?

You must be totally out of your mind you vile creature from the pit of hell!

Bloodthirsty hypocrites parading aimlessly on NL with anti-Biafra slogans thinking they can stop the raging IPOB tsunamic movement with their silly lies and distortion of history.

N.B: The essence of this information is mainly to expose the lies of the notorious history distortionists and wicked propagandists who insult and malign others continually with lies and falsehood, and shout and make much noise on every available media.
Disciple of hate and propaganda, here are the members of Yoruba tribe that participated in the January 1966 coup:
(See Ben Gbulie: ‘Nigeria’s Five Majors.’).

*Adewale Ademoyega is the most prominent Yoruba participant in the coup, there were other Yoruba officers who were involved at the dangerous execution stage of the coup. One of them is:

*Second Lieutenant Olafimihan, an officer serving under Madiebo in Kaduna. He was sent by the plotters to gauge his commander’s loyalty. (See Madiebo pp.17-18).

*Another is Lieutenant (some books refer to him as a Captain) Fola Oyewole. He, like Ademoyega, went on to fight for Biafra and wrote a book on his coup and wartime experiences. The book’s title is ‘Reluctant Rebel.’

*There is also Captain Ganiyu Adeleke who became an instructor in the Biafran Infantry School. For confirmation, see the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108, and this quote from Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’: ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry was released at a later date after his co-plotters had been freed.’ Omoigui’s work is significant because, though he exhibits a high level of professionalism in his research, he has no sympathy for the January 15 coup. If his facts corroborate Ademoyega’s they are worthy of attention.

For personal studies consult the following sources of my posts: 

*http://www.naijastories.com/2013/04/the-facts-and-fiction-of-the-january-15-1966-coup/

*https://www.nairaland.com/334770/famous-aburi-conference-full-minute/3

* Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’ - where he mentioned ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry.

* ‘Why We Struck’ - a book by  Adewale Ademoyega, a full blooded Yoruba army officer, who was deeply involved in the planning and execution of the January 1966 coup.

* Max Silloun (the military historian) landmark online article - ‘The inside story of Nigeria’s first military coup Parts 1 and 2

* 'Nigeria’s Five Majors’ - book by Ben Gbulie

* Major General Alexander Madiebo - excerpts from his interview with National Mirror
http://elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/13104-blame-gowon-and-awolowo-for-biafra-genocide-general-madiebo

* ‘Reluctant Rebel’ - a book by Captain Fola Oyewole, who went on to fight for Biafra just like Ademoyega 

* See the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108

* Sanusi Lamido's writings, "Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. 

* Sanusi Lamido's writings/publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History" (Aug. 21, 1998)

* Sanusi Lamido's paper presented at the “National Conference On The 1999 Constitution” Jointly Organised By The Network For Justice And The Vision Trust Foundation, At The Arewa House, Kaduna From 11th –12th September, 1999.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/

Get the books and published papers and acquire some useful knowledge that can help you make informed decisions, and unravel the lies and propaganda being peddled in the public domain by the criminal 'sophisticated' tribe, even in this age of information technology.

You at still not making sense.

See all the hate coming out of you, no wonder you are not reasoning properly.

Tafa Balewa andAhmadu Bello were deleted (The two must influential leaders in northern Nigeria)L
Western Leaders were killed too, yet none from the East was deleted.

Nzeogwu is the face of the coup, Ironsi becomes president, Igbos are dominant in the military and civil service (due to merit in most cases)
Then Ironsi turns the country into a Unitary one, with the region's losing their powers..

What does this look like to you

I'm not saying the counter coup was right, but don't downplay what caused the mess.

We had this country in our pocket before, that was the beginning of our woes as a people.

Read history without biased mind, and purge yourself of the hate in you.

Goodnight

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by lexymania(m): 11:17pm On Nov 05, 2016
I believe in a United Nigeria. The present state of the country have exposed our weaknesses as humans and we begin to question what our fore-fathers have labored for. We can't afford to allow this country divide. We (hausa, Igbo, yoruba and other tribes) are all the same. Please, let's join hands to make it better.

America will not protect our unity (Remember, they predicted Nigeria's breakup to be in 2015 and here we are, saved by His Grace)

Other developed countries will not save us from dividing (they also have their problems too)

Nigerians are scattered all over the world and we have the best brains in the whole universe.. No doubt

Ask me..
Who built the super computer?
Who's Queen Elizabeth's personal physician?
Let's stop there for a while....

Now, the answer...

We have all it takes (manpower, brains, natural endowments) to be the best economy in the world...

So what is our problem?

You have your views and I have mine...

Let's unite and fix Nigeria because we are all stakeholders

******For those who believed in this dream*******

There is an online forum that is currently in her developmental stage.... This forum needs volunteer like you to help her reach out to the government. We are in search of Web developers, IT Security personnels, Creative Writers, Motivators, Experienced Entrepreneurs, Political Analysts, Human Right Activists, Journalists, Graphic designers, Cartoonists and Others (** if you love this country, you believe in her unity and you have something to offer to help her)...

Together, we can achieve more...

Please, Join Us if you love Nigeria

Nigeria Belongs to All of Us, Let's Save her from Economy stagnation, Dependency, Division, War and Destruction!

To join this group of Volunteers,
Kindly send a whatapp message to +234 703 423 1333 or +234 814 717 5118

#TeamOneNigeria
#GodBlessNigeria
#AwakeNaija
Re: We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari by 93xtr09r: 11:24pm On Nov 05, 2016
Ugosample:
You at still not making sense.

See all the hate coming out of you, no wonder you are not reasoning properly.

Tafa Balewa andAhmadu Bello were deleted (The two must influential leaders in northern Nigeria)L
Western Leaders were killed too, yet none from the East was deleted.

Nzeogwu is the face of the coup, Ironsi becomes president, Igbos are dominant in the military and civil service (due to merit in most cases)
Then Ironsi turns the country into a Unitary one, with the region's losing their powers..

What does this look like to you

I'm not saying the counter coup was right, but don't downplay what caused the mess.

We had this country in our pocket before, that was the beginning of our woes as a people.

Read history without biased mind, and purge yourself of the hate in you.

Goodnight

Bile-filled creature, I feel your eternal pains and miseries since you're too bitter that many Igbos are ever determined to have a separate existence from greedy, treasury looters cum murderous parasites.

If you're learned you would have learnt from books that self-determination and clamouring for a simple referendum are no crimes. Notwithstanding your futile attempts at blackmailing the great Igbo Nation to stay put with you in this expired entity, you must get this fact right here and now: Igbos are not interested in sharing a country with hypocrites who are confused about what they stand for. Igbos have nothing in common with murderous parasites and hypocrites parading aimlessly on every available media page as One-Nigerianists.

You must stop lying to yourself and acknowledge the real situation on ground.

However, you can keep vomiting trash on NL thinking that an inconsequential being claiming Igbo on NL can stop the raging IPOB tsunamic movement.

"As we mark 50 years of what has now been termed Nzeogwu’s coup, what a lot of people appear to have forgotten is that the coup (of January 15, 1966) was greeted with celebration, even in many parts of Northern Nigeria."
- Reno Omokri was former Special Assistant to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on New Media, January 2016

Battle Between Awolowo, Akintola Led To 1966 Coup- Yakassai - https://www.nairaland.com/2867045/battle-between-awolowo-akintola-led-to-1966-coup

I understand that your hypocrisy is such that you are at liberty to justify the killing of Aguiyi Ironsi and Fajuyi and over 3 million Igbos because the killers are your slave masters.

185 Igbo officers in the Nigerian military were selected and killed. As if that wasn't enough, Yorubas and other Southern stooges ganged up with their Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri masters, rushed into the streets and started killing Igbos and burning igbo establishments in the North and South-West. And the pogrom and carnage lasted for 10 months with an estimated 30,000 Igbos dead.
Aguiyi ironsi who was not part of the 1966 coup was killed.

The First Coup of January 15, 1966 chose to make Awolowo the next prime minister shows their nationalistic interest. Awolowo, a Yoruba man was to inherit the blessings of the plotters. And when the coup came to a disastrous end the slimy cowards and hypocrites out of convenience tagged it 'Igbo coup' even when they know that Major Ademoyega, Captain Adekeke and Lt. Fola Oyewole were all Yorubas and ring leaders of the January 15, 1966 coup.

The first incident of massacre of Igbos in Nigeria took place in Jos, on the 22nd of June 1945. Hundreds of Igbos were massacred by the Hausa/ Fulani and tens of thousand of pounds sterling worth of properties was either destroyed or looted.

The second mass killing of Igbos and at large Biafrans occurred in Kano in 1956. This occured after the Northerners defeated the motion for independence moved by Chief Anthony Enahoro and were jeered by their Southern colleagues.

Hausa-Fulanis backed by the Yorubas and other Southern stooges have always believed the North have monopoly of violence. And to you hypocrites such killings, maiming and wanton destruction of lives and properties are irrelevant and remain largely unpublished and this embolden the Jihadists to carry out more gruesome killings and gleefully committed genocide on Igbos and Easterners for daring to seek a separate existence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Anambra Governor, Soludo Announces 3 New Political Appointments / GEJ's Arrival To Eko Hotel Had Many Car Tyres Deflated (Read Complains) / Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.