Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,295 members, 7,943,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 09:24 PM

Why Are Africans Backward? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Africans Backward? (5651 Views)

Why These Attributes In Culture Drives Nigeria Backward / Northern Nigeria Backward And Similar To Afghanistan In Development / Are Africans The First People To Inhabit Britain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Africans Backward? by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 04, 2016
Stop quoting me!

I am obviously your nemesis on Nairaland.

I am not the deluded empty-head fxxccking a man's ass! DAMN IT! Dude claims to be tough but can not obviously man up to a big-ass babe.

How much did you pay this flat ass? I am guessing 1k? You rent a 4-bedroom flat to self-service off on cheap flat ass babes undecided

Negro...even if you are brainless, at least you have a head na. Common sense is really not common.
Re: Why Are Africans Backward? by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 04, 2016
Stop referring to me directly or indirectly. I have beefed with you and I have won you once down. Talking to a man who fvcked a flat ass man is tiring and boring to me.

I am done with you. I know you are pained but I am done with you.

I came, saw and conquered.
Re: Why Are Africans Backward? by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 04, 2016
Funlordjnr:

He is a well known child! He has over 12 accounts! Can you imagine the twerp asked to test his popularity on our sex thread the other day...he asked that those who want him to stay should click on LIKE while those who want him to get lost should click on SHARE...guess what he used 5 of his accounts to like his own post while over 60 people have clicked on share so that he would never return to the thread!

Even mods and women all clicked on share? Just go through his posts on all his accounts and you would have pity for the baby! He still lives at home with his mom and dad! So let's not corrupt the runt! Puberty is punishment enough for him already! Too much pent up _sperm in the brain! Lol

That shi is tragic he committed suicide while trying to kill himself shocked shocked baby that's cruel grin

I'm gonna bounce before they ban me too... don't forget to holla at me when you're about. Be good and stay blessed kiss
Re: Why Are Africans Backward? by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 04, 2016
Dimples999:

That shi is tragic he committed suicide while trying to kill himself shocked shocked baby that's cruel grin

I'm gonna bounce before they ban me too... don't forget to holla at me when you're about. Be good and stay blessed kiss

That dude voted with all his 4 accounts. I saw it all... funlord funlordjnr bosskratos and the 4th one (can't remember the name).

He is so scared of me. I AM HIS LORD AND NEMESIS on Nairaland.

I am done with him, sincerely. He calls my name everywhere. He sleeps, thinks and dreams about me.
Re: Why Are Africans Backward? by ayosmiles(m): 11:40am On Nov 04, 2016
I hope the modes are watching these guys derailing this wonderful thread. Please ban them back to sexuality or wherever they are coming from
Re: Why Are Africans Backward? by kagari: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
nawa, how do guys do this? Like type long epistles full of bullsh.it, how do guys beef online, there should really be a balance in ones online and offline/social life. I think this is what causes most of this nonsense. Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Why Are Africans Backward? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 07, 2016
If you travel it will become very apparent being backward is not an African phenomenon alone. And you need to put backward in context. From a cultural perspective Africa is not backward nor is it lacking in skill. What affects our growth is lack of investment in Africa by Africans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Africans Backward? by cbravo(m): 11:49am On Apr 10, 2017
Re: Why Are Africans Backward? by cbravo2: 11:53am On Apr 10, 2017
Re: Why Are Africans Backward? by StarFlux: 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2017
kagari:
i dont really think the whites is our problem, but i think we blacks are our problems. Ok lets imagine we were not colonized by the whites, do you ever think we would have coexisted as one. As little as kingdoms ran during that era theyy believed in total power absolvsion. Walter rodney made some valid points in his book but i think we are our problems. I have a poem i would post here later, y'all would get my point from the poem. Men we blacks dont love ourselves, a lot of us worked hard to get to the top
The problem is that culture does not obey by evolutionary rules. There are multiple lines of change - one society may not necessarily follow that of another one.

First you have to define DEVELOPMENT. Is development really increasing your material needs and lusts and/or living as one? There are many hunter and gatherer socities which do not want to adapt the western way of living. Do you know why? Because they have what they need; they haven't been struck and corrupted by "unlimited needs" which so well defines the western way of living. These people are not backwards, they simply chose another way of life. I remember especially well an article on a people in the Congo. They said something in the lines of "why would we start farming when there are an abundance of food around us?"

And the point is, adapting the capitalist way, Africa has become poor. The misconception here is that Africa was poor prior to colonial times - it wasn't. There was no poverty in Africa. Food was plenty and people had few needs - they lived well. Now look at what we have reduced ourselves to. People can't even afford a bag of garri and beg for water on the street.

Poverty is caused by the illusion of unlimited needs, it is created when materialism becomes the standard way of life and by which we judge others. By adapting such an inferior ideology, we Africans have made ourselves poor and reliant on everyone but ourselves. The only people you may call "backwards" are the ones who forced their way of life upon others. That is what it means to be backwards when you can't respect others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Africans Backward? by kagari: 11:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
StarFlux:
The problem is that culture does not obey by evolutionary rules. There are multiple lines of change - one society may not necessarily follow that of another one.

First you have to define DEVELOPMENT. Is development really increasing your material needs and lusts and/or living as one? There are many hunter and gatherer socities which do not want to adapt the western way of living. Do you know why? Because they have what they need; they haven't been struck and corrupted by "unlimited needs" which so well defines the western way of living. These people are not backwards, they simply chose another way of life. I remember especially well an article on a people in the Congo. They said something in the lines of "why would we start farming when there are an abundance of food around us?"

And the point is, adapting the capitalist way, Africa has become poor. The misconception here is that Africa was poor prior to colonial times - it wasn't. There was no poverty in Africa. Food was plenty and people had few needs - they lived well. Now look at what we have reduced ourselves to. People can't even afford a bag of garri and beg for water on the street.

Poverty is caused by the illusion of unlimited needs, it is created when materialism becomes the standard way of life and by which we judge others. By adapting such an inferior ideology, we Africans have made ourselves poor and reliant on everyone but ourselves. The only people you may call "backwards" are the ones who forced their way of life upon others. That is what it means to be backwards when you can't respect others.
nice read

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meaning Of "Omuguo" / Further Discussion On Kola Nut Rituals -how You Can Pray Your Way Out / ‘igbo Language May Go Extinct’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.