Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,243 members, 7,880,902 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:54 AM

Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates (24864 Views)

Nigeria Police Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For 2019 Recruitment / There’s No Job Better Than Police – AIG Reveals Why / Federal Civil Service Recruitment List Of Shortlisted Candidates Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by PoshProf: 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
Now this is it! Last year (the maiden edition), 60 questions were asked to be answered in 1 hour. Questions centred on English, Government/Current Affairs (largely because the scholarship takes you to BSG to study Public Policy) and Mathematics. This was the situation last year:

First Stage- Aptitude Test at JKK, Lagos on the 19th of November.

Second Stage- Essay Assessment. Here, applicants were required to upload their CVs. AIG provided them with a CV template. They also wrote an essay (not more than 1500 words). Last year, the essay covered three questions and submission was virtual. You would be communicated appropriately. Last year, this stage came 10 days after the first stage.

Third Stage-Interview Stage. This was a face-to-face interview at the AIG HQ on 19 Gerrard Road, Ikoyi, Lagos where applicants met 5 men and women including Aig Imokhuede himself. After this, applicants submitted their documents. Performance in the interview was also dependent on applicants' performance in the essay assessment. Last year, this stage came about 10 days after the preceding stage.

Last year, notifications on interview performance were sent to applicants after 6 days.

Last year, 16 persons made it to the final interview stage, but 10 were selected and their details and documents sent to BSG, Oxford University which chose 6 persons, including a female and a Ghanaian. The initial plan was to select top 5 from both Nigeria and Ghana. I do not know why they chose 6.

Congratulations to all of you who got shortlisted. This is wishing you all the best. Please note that this is a professional Masters programme that does not qualify one for a phD! Cheers!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by chiomaclancy: 8:43pm On Oct 18, 2017
PoshProf:
Now this is it! Last year (the maiden edition), 60 questions were asked to be answered in 1 hour. Questions centred on English, Government/Current Affairs (largely because the scholarship takes you to BSG to study Public Policy) and Mathematics. This was the situation last year:

Second Stage- Essay Assessment. Here, applicants were required to upload their CVs. AIG provided them

with a CV template. They also wrote an essay (not more than 1500 words). Last year, the essay covered three questions and submission was virtual. You would be communicated appropriately. Last year, this stage came 10 days after the first stage.

Third Stage-Interview Stage. This was a face-to-face interview at the AIG HQ on 19 Gerrard Road, Ikoyi, Lagos where applicants met 5 men and women including Aig Imokhuede himself. After this, applicants submitted their documents. Performance in the interview was also dependent on applicants' performance in the essay assessment. Last year, this stage came about 10 days after the preceding stage.

Last year, notifications on interview performance were sent to applicants after 6 days.

Last year, 16 persons made it to the final interview stage, but 10 were selected and their details and documents sent to BSG, Oxford University which chose 6 persons, including a female and a Ghanaian. The initial plan was to select top 5 from both Nigeria and Ghana. I do not know why they chose 6.

Congratulations to all of you who got shortlisted. This is wishing you all the best. Please note that this is a professional Masters programme that does not qualify one for a phD! Cheers!

Thanks a lot, this is really helpful

1 Like

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by lilliesboy(m): 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
So, who here are/were the final succesful applicants at the end of the day?
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 18, 2017
**********************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*********************************************************************************

1 Like

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
**********************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*********************************************************************************
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by bjnice(m): 8:15am On Oct 19, 2017
hello scholar, base on my findings regarding Saturday aptitude test, this is the response i got from seniors colleague.
So I asked about it and this was the response
Response 1: the test is way simple, I didn't even read the material you gave me, it was basic maths (a bit on ratio, sequence and series I believe), English (which is one of my strength) and current affairs (thankfully as a result of my exposure, journals and articles that I write, I have good knowledge of them) note questions on UN was also asked.
Response 2: General knowledge questions on current affairs, English language and mathematical word problems, multi choice.
P.S: Both passed the stage, while Response 1 was dropped after the first stage, Response 2 got the scholarship but is on another scholarship.
Cheers.
you are good to go with GMAT. success

3 Likes

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by zainny47: 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2017
Pls I need help on AIG scholarship aptitude test. Kindly help with hint on how or what to expect.

1 Like

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by kodlins(f): 3:12am On Oct 20, 2017
Please for those writing in PH, is anyone writing before 1pm?
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by s3nn2x(m): 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2017
I was shortlisted but I am extremely down. I can't even print the invitation letter, the exam is at 1pm. I hope I will be better before tomorrow. Also, I got to the Interview stage last year.

All the best guys.

1 Like

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by nicerguy01: 6:48pm On Oct 20, 2017
I was shortlisted for tomorrow, 21st Saturday's test...plz any ideas about access to current affairs questions for the AIG test? And thank you to those who offered opinions here
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by nicerguy01: 6:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
Modified
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by nicerguy01: 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2017
PoshProf:

Second Stage- Essay Assessment. Here, applicants were required to upload their CVs. AIG provided them with a CV template. They also wrote an essay (not more than 1500 words). Last year, the essay covered three questions and submission was virtual. You would be communicated appropriately. Last year, this stage came 10 days after the first stage.

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by nicerguy01: 6:58pm On Oct 20, 2017
nicerguy01:
I was shortlisted for tomorrow, 21st Saturday's test...plz any ideas about access to current affairs questions for the AIG test? And thank you to those who offered opinions here

If GMAT will be the focus, I depend on God. I hope its worth traveling from IB to Lagos.
Congratulations to fellow invitees.
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by nicerguy01: 7:01pm On Oct 20, 2017
s3nn2x:
I was shortlisted but I am extremely down. I can't even print the invitation letter, the exam is at 1pm. I hope I will be better before tomorrow. Also, I got to the Interview stage last year.

All the best guys.

Get well NOW!
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by Ayodelemerit(m): 8:48pm On Oct 20, 2017
[quote author=casttlebarbz post=51169496]Hey guys ...how was it ? Done with mine ND patiently waiting for d t.fare package
I hope this still applies
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by meetanwo(m): 9:40pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ayodelemerit, did I hear you mention t.fare? Are they refunding t.fare?
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by Celecoxib: 10:39pm On Oct 20, 2017
If it's going to be GMAT, I suggest you go online and try out some sample tests. I was shortlisted too, and I'll be travelling from Warri to ph for it. I honestly hope it's going to be worth it. Best of luck everyone.
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by Ayodelemerit(m): 7:14am On Oct 21, 2017
[quote author=meetanwo post=61617917]Ayodelemerit, did I hear you mention t.fare? Are they refunding t.fare? [was only trying to quote one of the previous year's participants]
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by Ayodelemerit(m): 7:16am On Oct 21, 2017
Ayodelemerit, did I hear you mention t.fare? Are they refunding t.fare?

was only trying to quote one of the previous year's participants

1 Like

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by lilliesboy(m): 11:34am On Oct 21, 2017
Am now at the CBT centre at Eleme, Port Harcourt.
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by meetanwo(m): 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2017
Guys, how did it go? Hope you all wrote well. Let's watch out for the next stage which will commence in less than a forthnight. Best of luck to everyone that took the test.
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by Celecoxib: 3:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
I was there too, for 1pm. How did yours go? Mine will require divine intervention oh. Walahi! grin

1 Like

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by lilliesboy(m): 4:08pm On Oct 21, 2017
The test was quite difficult but I hope for the best. We will know our fates latest by November 4, 2017.

1 Like

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by talkeenfingaz(m): 6:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
Is Nov 4 the date for shortlisting for next stage?
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by meetanwo(m): 9:28am On Oct 25, 2017
Let's continue to post updates here, it's very important we keep ourselves informed. The next stage is the stage of Essay Writing and submission of CV, transcripts and four letters of references (Academic/Professional), two of whom must be from your lecturers(retired or serving) and two passport photographs. See you at this stage.

2 Likes

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by berildan(m): 5:46am On Oct 27, 2017
Updates? Anyone got the mail?

2 Likes

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by chiomaclancy: 7:56am On Oct 27, 2017
I just got a mail yesternyt o. I ve been shortlisted for the essay stage!! Glory to God!
Anyone else received same mail?

2 Likes

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by kodlins(f): 10:10am On Oct 27, 2017
I just got an SMS and still waiting for my mail. But I have been shortlisted

1 Like

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by bjnice(m): 11:45am On Oct 27, 2017
I also made to the next stage

1 Like

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by kodlins(f): 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2017
Hello everyone, were we able to meet the deadline?
No one is talking here
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by zera(m): 8:30am On Oct 31, 2017
kodlins:
Hello everyone, were we able to meet the deadline?
No one is talking here
did u sumbit the essay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates / Pls Who Knows The Salary Of NDIC? / Nigerian Airforce Text Message For Shortlisted Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.