Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:14 AM

Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates (24831 Views)

Nigeria Police Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For 2019 Recruitment / There’s No Job Better Than Police – AIG Reveals Why / Federal Civil Service Recruitment List Of Shortlisted Candidates Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by Cright: 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2018
It appears a whole lot of us have been shortlisted for this exam.
knowing the need for synergy, i advice we share ideal and brainstorm before examination date through whatsapp group.

Kindly whatsapp this contact 08026823548 for addition.
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by locoster(m): 5:37pm On Oct 06, 2018
I've been shortlisted too. Kindly add me 07033137633 on whatsap group.
Thanks.
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by tijaniolas: 5:56am On Oct 08, 2018
Please add or send me an invite to the AIG 2019/2020 WhatsApp group 08026332608. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by OluFabulous: 10:40am On Oct 08, 2018
Please add me to the whatsapp group - 08069674982
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by nitroboi: 10:45am On Oct 08, 2018
Please to join the AIG Scholarship 2019/2020 whatsapp group just click the link...

chat. whatsapp .com /GtpXBOfkkeyKuuvgYLfgGD

Please copy the link and remove the spaces before clicking
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by rojudipo: 11:22am On Oct 08, 2018
Pls finding it difficult to join, add me with 08066540871
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by AdunJ(f): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2018
Please what's the link to join the whatsapp group? Or please add 08131111340
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by chibuikepeter: 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2018
Please add 07038934762
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by moshoodn(m): 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2018
Please add 07032302651..

The link isn't working from here.

Thanks.
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by Jstikal: 7:05pm On Oct 08, 2018
ruiyeye:
Before i go into details about the workshop (for the final 10) and the application process, i think its fair to let you know ahead of time that i was unsuccessful with the actual BSG application. 6 people have confirmed that they received "success emails"... i will let AIG reveal their genders/nationalities (very talented blend)

...So i was selected as part of the top 10. The email came in 30 November. Imagine the anxiety on our whatsapp group when the emails dropped every 15mins and people confimed they had received an invite to the Workshop. We got to number 8 and there were 2 spots left. suddenly no more confirmations. The panic became real. Two days after, the last 2 people notified the group. 7 Nigerians, 3 Ghanaians. 5 males and 5 females. The 20+ of us who got interviewed stayed on the group.

December 8. The workshop. A BSG alum shared his expefience with us. That was really helpful, although he could not give as much details as we would have liked.
We also had a number of people explain how to prepare; CVs, personal statements and the policy brief (this was the most annoying document, might share my experienc). It took the entire day. The 10 of us fomed a great bond and we would go on to become friends - visiting one another, sharing government polices etc etc.

The policy brief is probably the hardest bit. I struggled with this for weeks. Not because i didn't know what to write, but because there was so much to write in terms of background (third world issues are not so similar to European /Western issues, you know!??!), facts and supporting argument. In hindsight, i should have focused on one major issue and built a very very compelling case around it. Next time, maybe?

For obvious reasons i cannot share every experience. But its IMPORTANT you begin to massage the ego of your referee. Satan enters people. Especially when you're close to greatness. Lol. Enough said on that matter.

There's also the issue of getting your application reviewed by as many people as possible. So, December was a little tough for me. I rushed my application amd got only one person to review. Bad idea. I should have settled down, shared with more people, rewritten and shared with some more people. In addition to having a lean review process, i was stubborn. At the time, i thought i was being self-confident. (If you make it through to the finals, you might hear a thing or two about me). Its probably the reason why i didn't get selected by BSG.

Deadline for application was early January (i dont remember the date). Oxford peomised to respond by 16 March. However, Between January and yesterday i received at least 6 emails from BSG/Oxford. I completed every survey and read through all "communications" with great disgust. Gimme my result, mba. It finally came in (for me at least) at 7:49pm, 12 March 2018, when i least expected...if you've applied for plenty jobs, you probably know the template regret email. People of God, na the template email. I posted the "news on the group". Silence.

About an hour later, the announcement of "got in!" Came in trickles. After 2hours we knew the final 6. Quick one: i correctly guessed 5 of the final 6 correctly. I was to be the 6th, in my mind. Lol.

They all deserve to be on the program. You will hear great things from each of them - i assure you. *Watch out for the ladies especially*

What you should consider if you ever make this/any other application (again):

Be prepared. Plan your essay/cv which you intend to sibmit to both AIG and BSG. Preparing days or weeks to the application will never help. If youre interested in public policy/service, you don't realise because there's a free scholarship. You demonstrate and prepare for an opportunity.

Be informed. Read nairaland well. Most importantly, read the BSG blog.

Always "loud" your achievement. Do not be fooled into thinking "modesty" will help you. Imagine youre in a race with 2,000 people with the same skill set as yourself. How do you stand out? Some might ask you to downplay real achievement. Who they help?

Volunteer/give back to community/be committed (somehow) to the public sector. I didnt really do this, but i had a secret weapon which slightly impressed AIG assessors. I can tell you about it, but I'd have to kill you cheesy

Select the right referees. Satan enters people. People can act like evil spirits. (I didnt have issues, but people can be wicked!)

...it is obviously disappointing that i will not be with friends in Oxford in september. However, i rest easy with the assurance that there are many roads which lead to the market. Beyond applying, give something back to the community.

P.S: when/if pix of the final 10 get published, look out for a guy standing behind everyone in dark glasses, without a tie. Just might be me smiley

Hope this was helpful for those who will apply later in 2018. All the best.

boss...just quickly wanna know if tfare were reimbursed for those that came from other states. thanks

2 Likes

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by Maxzuel(m): 8:18pm On Oct 08, 2018
Pls add me to the group. 07063651432
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by iyarainbow: 4:26am On Oct 09, 2018
Pls add me 07035851286
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by Adek15(m): 6:35am On Oct 09, 2018
Jstikal:

boss...just quickly wanna know if tfare were reimbursed for those that came from other states. thanks
seconded
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by idiahiseal: 7:31am On Oct 09, 2018
Please add me to the whatsapp group for AIG scholarship. Got a mail few days ago. Am writing in port Harcourt. 08068846874
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by ayobamiope: 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
I was shortlisted for the AIG exam coming up Saturday 13th. Pls wat was the questions like?
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by ayobamiope: 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
This is my phone number and email address in case anybody has an information on the AIG exam
07035408850,ayobamiope@gmail.com
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by aggresive(m): 2:15pm On Oct 09, 2018
Please guys i was shortlisted for the test on Saturday please add me to the whatsapp group with 07066214475. Many thanks in anticipation.
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by bonsay1: 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2018
Please guys,
Please add me on the whatsapp group regarding the AIG scholarship exam on 13th oct. Thank you
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by luckyjacob: 9:56pm On Oct 09, 2018
pls will there be reimburse of transport fair
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by luckyjacob: 9:57pm On Oct 09, 2018
please add me to the whatsapp group 07032510594
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by yns4real: 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2018
luckyjacob:
pls will there be reimbursement of transport fare
?
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by lamidi21(m): 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2018
Pls add me to the whatapps group. 08080751819 thanks
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by dorlitimi12: 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2018
idiahiseal:
Please add me to the whatsapp group for AIG scholarship. Got a mail few days ago. Am writing in port Harcourt. 08106441956
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by innocentjordan: 7:33am On Oct 10, 2018
Vicrown:
The exam was ok (a lot of people), I live here in Lagos, so I left immediately after the exam. I wonder how many people will make the next stage!

can u share the format of the test please. I need it ASAP
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by favoured247(m): 10:53am On Oct 10, 2018
Please kindly add me to the WhatsApp group. Thanks
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by Ruthese: 8:44pm On Oct 11, 2018
please can someone help to add me to the group and please for those who have written already, how was it?

1 Like

Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by Ruthese: 7:23am On Oct 12, 2018
l am having my exam tomorrow and l did science, please does it matter? secondly l want to know if there was reimbursed please
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by Ruthese: 7:25am On Oct 12, 2018
please someone should reply
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by Tabitha03(f): 8:19am On Oct 12, 2018
please add me to the WhatsApp group 08037907953
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 13, 2018
Please add me on ..... Thank you.
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by olarenew: 9:53am On Oct 15, 2018
pls add me 07061008619. Thanks.
Re: Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates by Kenra: 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2018
Invitation for the next stage of the process. for stage 2(essay) just started

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pls Who Knows The Salary Of NDIC? / Searching for a job? Click here to get free CV templates, interview tips etc. / Screenshots Of My Conversation With A Chinese Recruiter Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.