Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,694 members, 7,879,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:34 AM

Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece (6104 Views)

Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM / Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM / Seeking For Asylum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by thameamead(f): 2:48pm On Oct 31, 2009
Did anyone watch last night's Unreported World on Channel 4. It was about Afghan's languishing in over- crowded jails just like Nigerian's in Libya, Towards the end of the progarmme there was a scene where both afghan's and African's were begging for asylum in the rain. i was able to pick up two nigerian accents from a lady and a man. Why are our people going to places like Greece to seek asylum, these people are ill-informed, i know how bad things are in Nigeria but i know Greece is worst. Uk, Holland and Us is much better, at least you can work illegally if know the right people here in the UK, If anyone out there in Nigeria is reading this, pls stay away from Greece and Libya, try the Uk and pls be here before the next election when the "we shall deport all illegal immgrants and bogus asylum and refugee & scrap the human right's bill" party(conservatives- tory toffs) win the election,
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by DisGuy: 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2009
thameamead:

Did anyone watch last night's Unreported World on Channel 4. It was about Afghan's languishing in over- crowded jails just like Nigerian's in Libya, Towards the end of the progarmme there was a scene where both afghan's and African's were begging for asylum in the rain. i was able to pick up two nigerian accents from a lady and a man. Why are our people going to places like Greece to seek asylum, these people are ill-informed, i know how bad things are in Nigeria but i know Greece is worst. Uk, Holland and Us is much better, at least you can work illegally if know the right people here in the UK, If anyone out there in Nigeria is reading this, pls stay away from Greece and Libya, try the Uk and pls be here before the next election when the "we shall deport all illegal immgrants and bogus asylum and refugee & scrap the human right's bill" party(conservatives- tory toffs) win the election,

most people going to all these countries are not going there because they want to, they just want to leave the country by any means necessary and some assume they can get into neighbouring countries once they are there but they usually get stuck before they can make plans

the tories are only talking tough because of the elections once they get voted in; the chances of deporting ALL illegal and bogus asylum seekers is slim- the laws are too complicated and the process is very expensive!!
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by RolandPet(m): 4:58pm On Oct 31, 2009
Is the video not in youtube,pls give us the link
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by saridonp2: 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2009
@Poster,You are very wrong about the impression you are creating about Greece.Greece is one of the best countries to live in the world.Maybe a Nigerian is begging for assyllum as you said but am sure that person is new in Greece because assyllum proccess in Greece is easy and straight forward.I have been to U.K and to few other countries but I will tell you Greece is far better especially if you have a sole business.There are alot of unexploited opportunities in Greece and language seems to be another problem but still is a peaceful,beautiful and there are resources in Greece that aid human development.Dont just say things about countries when you know next to nothing about the country.If Nigeria can be like Greece,no one will ever live.If anyone wants to come to Greece,you should come but just come prepared and education is very important before you can even think about travelling.Most people travelling these days have no education and it makes it difficult to integrate.God be with us all, Seeking assyllum in Greece is least of your problem,
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by grace5: 8:15pm On Oct 31, 2009
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by Vicjustice: 12:42am On Nov 01, 2009
thameamead:

How could any informed person compare Nigeria with Greece by any standard? Greece is one of the most secured, advanced and developed countries in Europe, and you compared Nigeria with it? Ha, you funny o cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by vikiviko(m): 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2009
I was shocked seeing Nigerians face to face selling dvd's in the interior towns of Athens.

Not 1 not 2 they are over 50 young guys i saw selling pirated dvd's.

After speaking with a Greek friend she told me she patronises them because its cheap though she knows its pirated.
There are a couple of guys i met studying at Aristole university of Thessaloniki.

But generally there is no work for illegal immigrants not a good place to survive .

Beautiful country with rich culture heritage.
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by thameamead(f): 12:00pm On Nov 04, 2009
I the asylum process in Greece is scrap,
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by thameamead(f): 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2009
nigerian's sell DVD's on the streets of north london as well, Greece is no place to be living as an illegal immigrant unlike lonon where if u are bold enough you can work as a supervisour on the underground or as manager for a local authourity, infact you can work wherever you like, its so easy to blend in
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by justwise(m): 6:20pm On Nov 04, 2009
thameamead:

nigerian's sell DVD's on the streets of north london as well, Greece is no place to be living as an illegal immigrant unlike lonon where if u are bold enough you can work as a supervisour on the underground or as manager for a local authourity, infact you can work wherever you like, its so easy to blend in

As an illegal immigrant?
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by janykute: 7:28pm On Nov 04, 2009
justwise:

As an illegal immigrant?
She meant lonon and probably not london(UK)
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by justwise(m): 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2009
janykute:

hahah.lonon? where is that? I thought she meant london
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by thameamead(f): 1:35pm On Nov 05, 2009
the nasty party (the tories) are not just talking tough, they mean business, the sun has endorsed them, we all know what the sun newspaper is all about- they want a stop to both illegal and legal immigration despite the fact that robert murdoch, the owner of the sun, sky news, sunday times and sun radio is an austrialian born american, tories do not mind wealthy immigrants as long as they are wealthy and do not mind donating to their party.
the tories are going to scrap the human right's bill, that will make it easier to deport failed asylum seekers, illegal immigrants and some preacher's of hate, i hope they do not win because david cameron is getting too cocky,
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by thameamead(f): 1:58pm On Nov 05, 2009
4 of my friends that are illegal immigrants work in the housing department of london a local authorities, all they had to do to apply was attend those housing courses, i do not understand some people on the site sef, some are just bloody hypocrites, acting like they are angels , anyway na u lot sabi jare, there was me thinking these sites could be used to help people or to give advise but er,
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by justwise(m): 2:17pm On Nov 05, 2009
thameamead:

4 of my friends that are illegal immigrants work in the housing department of london a local authorities, all they had to do to apply was attend those housing courses, i do not understand some people on the site sef, some are just bloody hypocrites, acting like they are angels , anyway na u lot sabi jare, there was me thinking these sites could be used to help people or to give advise but er,

Trust me they did not tell u the truth. What document do they present b4 getting the job? Doing the course is not enough to get a job as an illegal immigrant, they must be working with cloned ID or something. The local authority will be fined for employing illegal immigrant.

Ur friends lied to u dear
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2009
thameamead:

You should call a spade a spade. In this case being bold enough means securing and presenting forged or cloned documents to the prospective employer.
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by thameamead(f): 11:04am On Nov 06, 2009
my friends are working with cloned ID like most illegal immigrants, they pay their taxes, i doubt if the local authority will ever find out cos they 've bn working for a few yrs, most employers do not make checks unless they supect the documents are forged but my friends went to the best document forger in "elephant and castle" for their documents, even if they find out, they would ask them to leave, they won't dare call the police because they do not want any publicity, immgration will only fine the local authority if the local authority do not make photo-copies of their documents. i have illegal immigrant friends that work as mental assistants as well, they work for mental health care agencies, am an expert on these things, LOL, illegal immigrants pay more taxes, they are always on emergency tax, no 1 has any right to judge illegal immigrants working thier a** off, as long as they are not committing any crime like murder, rape or any scamming people. the british economy wil collapse without my hard working friends and other illegals, CASE CLOSED,
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by justwise(m): 11:44am On Nov 06, 2009
thameamead:

my friends are working with cloned ID like most illegal immigrants, they pay their taxes, i doubt if the local authority will ever find out cos they 've bn working for a few yrs, most employers do not make checks unless they supect the documents are forged but my friends went to the best document forger in "elephant and castle" for their documents, even if they find out, they would ask them to leave, they won't dare call the police because they do not want any publicity, immgration will only fine the local authority if the local authority do not make photo-copies of their documents. i have illegal immigrant friends that work as mental assistants as well, they work for mental health care agencies, am an expert on these things, LOL, illegal immigrants pay more taxes, they are always on emergency tax, no 1 has any right to judge illegal immigrants working thier a** off, as long as they are not committing any crime like murder, rape or any scamming people. the british economy wil collapse without my hard working friends and other illegals, CASE CLOSED,
Hey!! easy girl! we are basically agreeing with us, like i mentioned b4, it can only be done with cloned stuff, i'm not in any way against illegals immigrants here as long as they are working to make aliving. So calm down.
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by DisGuy: 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2009
thameamead:

the nasty party (the tories) are not just talking tough, they mean business, the sun has endorsed them, we all know what the sun newspaper is all about- they want a stop to both illegal and legal immigration despite the fact that robert murdoch, the owner of the sun, sky news, sunday times and sun radio is an austrialian born american, tories do not mind wealthy immigrants as long as they are wealthy and do not mind donating to their party.
the tories are going to scrap the human right's bill, that will make it easier to deport failed asylum seekers, illegal immigrants and some preacher's of hate, i hope they do not win because david cameron is getting too cocky,

the tories were going to have a referedum on EU when they get in guess what. . . U-TURN
so al those na hot air!
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by joxiri: 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2009
Thamemead
not very pleased with this your thread
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by joxiri: 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2009
because the conservatives are definetly not getting into power not with camerons latest blunder and no illegal immigrants will be gettiing deported
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by thameamead(f): 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2009
joxiri,
what part of my thread are you not pleased it, the main reason i posted the topic was to warn people back home that Greece is not the best country to claim asylum, most people back home are always ill-informed and ill-advised, they think claming asylum is easy in all european countries,

as for the tory toffs, i hate the tory party, i hate everything they stand for, tories priority is to protect the priviledged, they accept money from people that make money from mayhem and cacious in africa, they called 4 less regulation of the banks, most of the shadow minsters live in million pound hses with 2 to 4 jobs. tories voted against family tax credit and mininum wage. david cameron was among the champion westminster expenses claimer's. he wants to get tough on people on benefits but no word on lord ashcroft whose tax status is unknown,

am a lib-dems, the
lib-dems were the first to defend to gurkas, 1st to ask the speaker to go, 1st to warn about debt, 1st to c the bank crisis coming, the lib-dems believe in negotiatin not dictating. people think a vote for the lib-dems is a wasted vote but it's not.

the british public think gordon brown is dull and with the backing of the sun, owned by robert murdoch whose son james lives just a mile away from david cameron's constituency in oxford. murdoch wants to cut the size of the bbc, in short he wants to control the whole country, look @ d way fox news which he owns control the conversavatives in america, it should be illlegal for any newspaper to endorse any party or take sides, fox news endorsed john mccain but he lost so fingers crossed for more yrs of the labour party , the bristish public should give lib-dems a chance,

cameron is all spin, well he worked in pr before he bacame an mp, i hope he quietly falls under his bike, LOL, gordon needs to declare jihad on the tories and as for peter madelson, he mades me sick, he's always on sky new and bbc, i think he likes bn the centre of attention,
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2009
As long as you are here legally and are law-abiding then you have nothing to fear from a pro-business Conservative party ascending to power.

On the other hand, if you advocate the use of short-cuts to gain illegal advantage, then of course you would have every reason to fear a hard-hitting tory party victory in the next general elections.

It is that simple.
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by thameamead(f): 2:29pm On Nov 10, 2009
apart from illegal immigration, the tory's don't care too much about people living in poverty, its all about linning the pockets of the rich and of course the bankers and the hedge fund types, tories are turning a blind eye to tax evaders and non-doms but cutting the benefits of those on incapacity or any other sort of benefits, tories are for privatisation, tories are into divide and rule, exploiting racial divisions to gain more votes, tories love claiming for wisteria, moats, and huge mortages.

i love the NHS the way it is so i hope they do not make changes because i know some tories prefer the crap US health care system, to hell with the tories, robert murdoch and his news corporation empire , God help us all,
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by joxiri: 11:37pm On Nov 10, 2009
I dont think the conservatives will touch the nhs they want to cut spending on it, but i cant see them doing anything too drastic or radical to the nhs
and as for your lib dems as much as i like them i am sorry i cnt see them getting into power as first past the post will never give them a chance of winning an election
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by blackspade(m): 12:47am On Nov 11, 2009
@ thamesmead

I've enjoyed reading your posts in this thread. I've been snooping around a few British forums, and the general attitude amongst many is that Conservative (or tories) like to talk the talk, but when it comes to walking the walk, they flake. Many believe that immigration policies will change only slightly under them, and that illegal immigrants and asylum seekers will enjoy many of the same benefits they did under labor (or new labor, idk what this means).
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 11, 2009
That is not the point really. The fact is the great British taxpaying public are demanding a crackdown on illegal immigrants and benefit claimants. So really the tory politicians would have no choice but to fall into line.

Besides the state of public finances should ensure that there is a shakeup in the entire benefits system.
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by thameamead(f): 1:20pm On Nov 11, 2009
@Tensor777
why aren't the tories declaring war on tax evaders and big companies that get the highest paid accountants to help them dodge paying tax, illegal immigrants pay more taxes than the british public, all illegals working should be allowed to stay in the country but illegals that commit major crimes and preachers of hate born abroad should be deported asap.
some ethnic minorities must integrate and be forced to learn and speak english, my friend's neighbour who is orginally from pakistan has lived in dis country for 6 yrs but can't speak a word of english, when i arrived in this country 9 yrs ago, my english was limited but i had to learn and am still learning,
the tories need to scrap all quango's as well, they cost too much and they do nothing,
i know things won't get better under the tories, i 'll remind u as soon as things start to fall apart but that is if they get in because they might be a public backlash with the way The Sun is picking on Mr Brown.
Re: Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 13, 2009
Blonder tale, sorry.

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Studying In Lithuania? / Mexico Visa From Nigeria / Need A Cheap Hotel In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.