Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,342 members, 7,881,255 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:20 PM

Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! (21757 Views)

Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply / I Hate Nigeria With A Passion / All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Megadeals: 6:37pm On Nov 02, 2009
naijababe:

Diasporia Nigerians  undecided  some of these people if not most are part of the problem. I read on another thread about one of these people went to naija without a valid visa with the sole intention of bribing her way through yet someone like her would have the effrontery to complain about corruption someday. I am so sick of  the "i live abroad and therefore I am better you"  and to prove my point they also part of the problem here's a list of the so called diasporians that have gone to Nigeria to contribute to the rot and before the shit start to fly, I am a diaspora Nigerian and I have been for almost 15yrs and I hate it
Bola Tinubu (Ex- Gov Lagos state)
Andy Uba (Ex presidential aide)
James Ibori (Ex- Gov Delta State)
Chimaroke Nnamani (Ex-Gov Enugu state)
Diran Odeyemi ( Aide to Gov Alao Akala).
Dimeji Bankole ( Speaker NASS)

This should tell you that the problem with Nigeria is not simply Diaspora Nigerians, or Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo Nigerians. I have alway believe there is one tribe of Nigerians responsible for our problems, they are called the elite Nigerians.
They come from all corners of Nigeria and we get our leaders from their stock. We must never cease to hold their feet to the fire, lest Nigeria is doomed.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2009
Megadeals:

This should tell you that the problem with Nigeria is not simply Diaspora Nigerians, or Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo Nigerians. I have alway believe there is one tribe of Nigerians responsible for our problems, they are called the elite Nigerians.
They come from all corners of Nigeria and we get our leaders from their stock. We must never cease to hold their feet to the fire, lest Nigeria is doomed.

I love that response of yours and the earlier those that wants the best for Nigeria realizes this, the better.
We need to team up against those people that you have mentioned and take the nation back from them, and this can only be done as one in unity and not as hausa against yoruba, or ibo against hausa
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2009
vicade:

The hate Nigeria was referring to the Topic title
Did you bother to confirm it at least? Someone opens a thread with a claim that Diasporans HATE Nigeria and you run off with it? You would have at least asked him how he is able to GENERALIZE on behalf of diasporans that he probably have never met.

vicade:

Fashola is a Model Nigerian Leader The impact he has had on Lagos is immense. I am a Lagosian and i believe Lagos has improved by far. As for Nigeria as a whole PDP has to go for that to happen. I only argue that we have more than enough Fasholas in Nigeria.

I am a lagosian. I have lived in that state at least 30 years and I can tell you this, in all honesty. That Fashola is NOT the only MODEL Leader we have had in that state. I gave you a list of others who came before him, and I also helped you see that from those examples that Change did not come to ALL of Nigeria because of those men. So, REALITY Check. Fashola is NOT Nigeria, he is a governor out of many, and so, we need to STOP referring to him as if his actions will somehow CURE all of Nigeria of the problems that it continues to deal with.
Let’s keep the praise singing in Check. Reality still awaits 10’s of millions of Nigerians who will likely never know a better life. PDP or no PDP.

vicade:

Take it or leave it as bad as Nigerian Government is.People are still running Legitimate Businesses and doing very very well

Did anyone say anything about their NOT existing legitimate businesses in Nigeria? What are you talking about?

vicade:

Imagination is greater than Knowledge. However just for fun,How educated are you ? I am probably more educated than you.Dont be deceived by the Age o.
There are tons of educated idiots out there dude; you don’t need to look further than aso rock to figure that one out.  However, it has a way of opening minds and thoughts to BIGGER things. It has a way of freeing captive minds – minds that have long accepted the status quo as the best option there could ever be out there for em – and allowing the people dream bigger dreams for self and those around them.

vicade:

The conditions are harsh at times. NEPA and all that but i say it again better off in Naija than the UK for sure. Go figure how many people are relocating back from the UK to see their peers way ahead of them in Nigeria. They have seen both sides and believe me Naija is Better.

The conditions experienced by millions of Nigerians are harsh ALL OF THE TIMES. That you believe you are better off in Nigeria DOES NOT mean the case applies to ALL Nigerians. It is good for you do not mean it is good for the gander

About relocating back to Nigeria, have you compared the number you think to the number of people relocating OUT of Nigeria each day? Or are you too in a rush to make some moot point that you forgot that you would have to research those numbers to be sure what you are even trying to claim their makes sense in the real world?

By the way, this claim that MOST OF THEIR PEERS ARE DOING better has some serious problems. If 75Million Nigerians are living VERY POOR, and another almost 40 million live poor ( on less than $2 dollars a day) how come many, such as yourself, come in to claim your peers are doing better than you are. For one, I cannot make the same claim considering I am in contact with most of my friends in Nigeria and I have to tell you that on some occasions, I have had to step out to help them. How come my own peers are not doing as good but everyone else’s  seem to be doing fabulously better in the same Nigeria?
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by vicade(m): 6:46pm On Nov 02, 2009
londoner:

@Vicade, you are right there are many people who have more money than their mates who are in the diaspora, but that is an individual matter, it does not speak of the systems in Nigeria only that  wealthy individuals have all the access as against the vast majority of their fellow countrymen/women. It is not a good thing.

What is new about that? Even they have to provide things for themselves that should be provided by their government in any society which is working for the people.

Are you sparing a thought for the average Nigerian, not just the priviledged few? Its not enough to point out that rich people are enjoying Nigeria, what about everyone else?

They make up most of the population of Nigeria.

More reason we have to get the PDP out,The Government is bad. I have been on Generator for three days now! People are hustling. Girls are doing runs and aristos while boys are doing yahoo and blood money. it is sad cos no one really wants this kind of lifestyle but that is the way it is. Our politicians are just so so terrible. However there are a lot infact the majority who are under this same pressure and are coping with the system. My baber takes part time courses at Laspotech. Many young Ladies work during the week to pay for weekend school. Unemployment is high but most youths are in one form of small business or the other.  Be it Game centres or Home Catering. Things could be better but with what we the kind of Government we have. we are doing damn well.

The Government has failed Nigeria ,Nigerians cannot afford to fail themselves which is why i said we are born survivors waiting for the wind of change or a f**king revolution.Lol wink

@ Kobojunkie a.k.a. Methuselah

I rest my case bro. smiley
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2009
vicade:

More reason we have to get the PDP out,The Government is bad. I have been on Generator for three days now! People are hustling. Girls are doing runs and aristos while boys are doing yahoo and blood money. it is sad cos no one really wants this kind of lifestyle but that is the way it is. Our politicians are just so so terrible. However there are a lot infact the majority who are under this same pressure and are coping with the system. My baber takes part time courses at Laspotech. Many young Ladies work during the week to pay for weekend school. Unemployment is high but most youths are in one form of small business or the other.  Be it Game centres or Home Catering. Things could be better but with what we the kind of Government we have. we are doing damn well.

The Government has failed Nigeria ,Nigerians cannot afford to fail themselves which is why i said we are born survivors waiting for the wind of change or a f**king revolution.Lol wink

This is not a PDP's problem, it is the problem of the individual govt, or u wanna tell me that the PDP do meet and discuss how to run the states and the FG and even the LGs?
It is sad that people have to run generator that much in a nation has has so much money and have brains.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Beaf: 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2009
I am sure the problems in Nigeria are due to the failure of government. So, the fact that some Nigerians have never left the country, but have been able to succeed in business is way off point.
Nigeria is not developed and govt must play its part by building roads, supplying electricity and creating an enabling environment.

Show me one international service business in Nigeria today. There's none, because nobody can compete internationally with a business sustained by generators. Or a business that can neither make nor recieve effortless international credit card payments.

Let the govt keep blaming "diasporians".
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Kobojunkie: 6:50pm On Nov 02, 2009
vicade:

Lol . . .What case?  You have yet to verify any of the claims you have made so far. I mean at least answer the questions asked if anything.

By the way, you really believe PDP is the problem? Please get yourself acquainted with what is happening in other areas of Lagos and maybe the rest of Nigeria. Not all Governors and those in Leadership that are doing bad are affiliated in some way with the PDP party which you seem to blame for it all.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by toshacer: 6:51pm On Nov 02, 2009
naijababe:

Diasporia Nigerians  undecided  some of these people if not most are part of the problem. I read on another thread about one of these people went to naija without a valid visa with the sole intention of bribing her way through yet someone like her would have the effrontery to complain about corruption someday. I am so sick of  the "i live abroad and therefore I am better you"  and to prove my point they also part of the problem here's a list of the so called diasporians that have gone to Nigeria to contribute to the rot and before the shit start to fly, I am a diaspora Nigerian and I have been for almost 15yrs and I hate it
Bola Tinubu (Ex- Gov Lagos state)
Andy Uba (Ex presidential aide)
James Ibori (Ex- Gov Delta State)
Chimaroke Nnamani (Ex-Gov Enugu state)
Diran Odeyemi ( Aide to Gov Alao Akala).
Dimeji Bankole ( Speaker NASS)

God bless you forever.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 6:53pm On Nov 02, 2009
Beaf:

I am sure the problems in Nigeria are due to the failure of government. So, the fact that some Nigerians have never left the country, but have been able to succeed in business is way off point.
Nigeria is not developed and govt must play its part by building roads, supplying electricity and creating an enabling environment.

Show me one international service business in Nigeria today. There's none, because nobody can compete internationally with a business sustained by generators. Or a business that can neither make nor recieve effortless international credit card payments.

Let the govt keep blaming "diasporians".

I have said this over and over again and nice to know that someone else can see that as well.
The Nigerians living abroad will be glad to come and give back to their nation, however, it is not the individual that will generate electricity, neither will they develop the roads, the best they can do it tar the roads that leads to their homes, and without the common necessary ammenities, a nation can never develop, people would like to come and invest in Nigeria and make the nation be great, but how can i start a factory knowing that almost quarter of my profit will go on gas that will run the generator, when i know the delay on the highways will make delivery of my services be next to impossible, and the security lacks will make me wanna puke.
The govt has a task in their hands and they have failed the people.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by toshacer: 6:56pm On Nov 02, 2009
there are many idiots in the diaspora than i thought - this thread has just proved me right -  can rest my case.

They steal, they kill, they rob, they rape, they steal identities, they do credit card fraud, they do 419, they are everything evil, yet they come online to NairaLand to castigate the country, castigate the government, castigate everything Nigeria- these criminals live amongst them, but instead of fiching them out and letting them stop spoiling the name Nigeria, they leave those ones alone and focus on the government, focus on the country as if they are saints, I like to expose as much of them as i can, you just watch out- and befor anyone will say it is because i dont have visa to go abroad, please shove that in your father's butt hole, if you want my residence permit, tell me, and i will borrow you. hahahahah - stupid goons.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 6:56pm On Nov 02, 2009
@Naijababe. . . . . there is no doubt abt it that some Nigerians abroad are part of the problems, however, if the policing systems in Nigeria is not that corrupt, people will not be willing to go to Nigeria without document, but when u know that bribery is the order of the day . . . what do u expect.
Also, i cant boast to know the current salary of the police officer in Nigeria, however, i am sure it will be next to nothing, and how do u expect such people to protect and to serve? with empty stomach and yet u want them to be holy and honest?
It still boils down to the gvt
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by vicade(m): 6:57pm On Nov 02, 2009
PDP Leaders have done more harm to Nigeria than any of the Leaders in the History of Nigeria. The corruption under the Leadership of PDP imakes the like of Abacha and IBB seem like childs play. Very soon Petrol might be 100 naira per litre. IBB and the military leaders were better off than Obasanjo and Yaradua put together.

Imagine Gbenga Aruleba of Focus Nigeria yanked off air by the Yaradua Government.

Go saharareporters to get some tips.

P.S. NEPA just brought the Light.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 6:58pm On Nov 02, 2009
tosh_acer:

there are many idiots in the diaspora than i thought - this thread has just proved me right -  can rest my case.

They steal, they kill, they rob, they rape, they steal identities, they do credit card fraud, they do 419, they are everything evil, yet they come online to NairaLand to castigate the country, castigate the government, castigate everything Nigeria- these criminals live amongst them, but instead of fiching them out and letting them stop spoiling the name Nigeria, they leave those ones alone and focus on the government, focus on the country as if they are saints, I like to expose as much of them as i can, you just watch out- and befor anyone will say it is because i dont have visa to go abroad, please shove that in your father's butt hole, if you want my residence permit, tell me, and i will borrow you. hahahahah - stupid goons.

Most of them are products of Nigerian system . . . u can take a pig out of the dirt, but cant take the dirt out of the pig.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Uche2nna(m): 6:58pm On Nov 02, 2009
Saying that PDP is the sole cause of our problems is like saying that politicians of other political parties are not corrupt and we know that is far from the truth.

Give the other parties the same control that PDP has, we will still be singing the same tune.

We have a tendency to glamorise, promote and sustain corruption and this is not limited to the Government, we as a people have to take some of the blame too.

The problem of Nigeria starts and ends with Nigerians.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 6:59pm On Nov 02, 2009
Uche2nna:

Saying that PDP is the sole cause of our problems is like saying that politicians of other political parties are not corrupt and we know that is far from the truth.

Give the other parties the same control that PDP has, we will still be singing the same tune.

We have a tendency to glamorise, promote and sustain corruption and this is not limited to the Government, we as a people have to take some of the blame too.

The problem of Nigeria starts and ends with Nigerians.

My point exactly . . . all the leaders that Nigeria have and ever had are all terribly corrupt and i hate when they wanna make some look like a saint, cos none is . . . might be able to get one out of all the thousands
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by londoner: 7:00pm On Nov 02, 2009
@Toc Acer, it is Nigerians in the diaspora who are demonstrating against people like Obasanjo etc when they come abroad while people back home prostrate for them.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 7:01pm On Nov 02, 2009
londoner:

@Toc Acer, it is Nigerians in the diaspora who are demonstrating against people like Obasanjo etc when they come abroad while people back home prostrate for them.

Well said.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2009
vicade:

PDP Leaders have done more harm to Nigeria than any of the Leaders in the History of Nigeria. The corruption under the Leadership of PDP imakes the like of Abacha and IBB seem like childs play. Very soon Petrol might be 100 naira per litre. IBB and the military leaders were better off than Obasanjo and Yaradua put together.

Imagine Gbenga Aruleba of Focus Nigeria yanked off air by the Yaradua Government.

Go saharareporters to get some tips.

P.S. NEPA just brought the Light.

Dude!!! I sense, even in Lagos, you have this comfort area where you live and you rarely move out of that circle. Please get out of your comfort zone and explore your country and LISTEN to people from different places and parts. You might learn that the problem is MORE than your fixation on pinning it all on the “EVIL” PDP. Learn about the condition and state of millions living in the same country.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Megadeals: 7:04pm On Nov 02, 2009
tosh_acer:

Your post will make a lot of sense if these people became criminals only after they left Nigeria. It still doesn't explain the reasons why Nigeria is so unbearable for millions of it's law abiding citizens.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 7:05pm On Nov 02, 2009
Megadeals:

Your post will make a lot of sense if these people became criminals only after they left Nigeria. It still doesn't explain the reasons why Nigeria is so unbearable for millions of it's law abiding citizens.

Yes oh, he is forgetting that they are all products of Nigeria and they learn best from our leaders
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by vicade(m): 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Dude!!! I sense, even in Lagos, you have this comfort area where you live and you rarely move out of that circle. Please get out of your comfort zone and explore your country and LISTEN to people from different places and parts. You might learn that the problem is MORE than your fixation on pinning it all on the “EVIL” PDP. Learn about the condition and state of millions living in the same country.

The other parties might be bad but how can one be worse than this ruling party.

Come on 13 billion dollars on electricity and megawatts generated actually dropped. Even abacha will be depressed

If the PDP in 10 years of Democracy cannot fix electricity which will in turn provide a better economy then whose fault my guy. FAshola wants state police but they say No. Look , if the Head is bad other things are frustrated. Tinubu was not given state allocation by obasanjo but he still tried even though he embezzled compared to obasanjo.

No Nigerian politician is really excellent. Some are just less worse than others. cheesy
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by mbola(f): 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I do not hate Nigeria, but i hate the route of the ship being directed by the leaders.

Well said
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by londoner: 7:07pm On Nov 02, 2009
I dont see how anyone who says they love their country and seek to sweep under the carpet what keeps it from being the best it can be.

Tosh acer should be asking average Nigerians in Nigeria what they think.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Depilot(m): 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2009
There is no standard process or protol to anything.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by r231(m): 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2009
^^^^^he is not dat smart all he does is breeze in and out to spill insults
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Jarus(m): 7:15pm On Nov 02, 2009
@Topic,
I don't hate Nigeria
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 7:17pm On Nov 02, 2009
Let the Nigerian govt invest in electricity and people have light 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and all year round.
Let the govt invest on roads in such a way that traffic will be ok and normal.
Let the govt invest and make sure the citizens are all secured.
Many foreign companies will come and invest in Nigeria and start up different companies and there will be employment for the people.
there will be less criminals.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by hbrednic: 7:22pm On Nov 02, 2009
if you can survive on 1$ meal a day(poor quality meals can distort the normal brain functionings)
withstand the bad roads and hold up under a 40dgs hot scorching sun that will make any car-aircondition look like a joke,
you come back home only for mosquitoes to bite and play music in your ears till day break.
you are 100% free to blame the disaporians,God or the devil.we no go vex for you( we understand ur situation)
but we will never fail to keep complaining and hold your Governments accountable untill they change their evil ways.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2009
^^^^ Bad man
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by PastorOla1: 7:26pm On Nov 02, 2009
the land is green but some can not see but that does not change the reeality even in mist all that is happening to us naija wa pa men, the land is good. god continue to bless nigeria ooo, amen
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Beaf: 7:32pm On Nov 02, 2009
Pastor Ola:

the land is green but some can not see but that does not change the reeality even in mist all that is happening to us naija wa pa men, the land is good. god continue to bless nigeria ooo, amen

Thank you jare, but the leaders are like Satan.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 02, 2009
@Naijababe. . . . . there is no doubt abt it that some Nigerians abroad are part of the problems, however, if the policing systems in Nigeria is not that corrupt, people will not be willing to go to Nigeria without document, but when u know that bribery is the order of the day . . . what do u expect.
Also, i cant boast to know the current salary of the police officer in Nigeria, however, i am sure it will be next to nothing, and how do u expect such people to protect and to serve? with empty stomach and yet u want them to be holy and honest?
It still boils down to the gvt

Fair point the govt is a miserable failure but it's not all about leadership the followership are to an extent responsible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I Don’t See Myself As A Nigerian; I’m An A Enemy Of The State” – Asari Dokubo / EFCC Traces N4.8bn To Obanikoro’s Children Accounts / APC Will Lose In 2019 - Yakassai

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.