Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,706 members, 7,882,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 02:21 AM

My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! (3968 Views)

Black 2008 Toyota Camry (muscle) Stolen At FHA Lugbe Abuja / Registered Toyota Corolla 2010model Stolen At Gun Point In Abuja / Honda Crv Stolen At Midnight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Duduknight(m): 12:23pm On Nov 03, 2009
palmauto:

in as much as it might be understandable to have so much rage when you car goes missing, i believe a little of maturity should come into play. most especially if its not your car thats in question here.

What i realise is that people like you expect everything to happen as if it were magic. All you need to do is to be reasonable enough to understand that everything has its own limitation. Even insurance companies will give you hassles when it comes to cliams

we cant promise you heaven on earth but you can get an egde over others without trackers installed.

Please forget about these fruitless marketing campaign you are proposing. What is the point of having a tracker if it takes your firm approximately 2 weeks to locate the car? It would be useful if the car can be located immediately and recovered before it is transported to another country.

Did you read what Oyinlola wrote? The car was found in another west african country. Her dad has to spend money on the legal process to recover. It is indeterminate how long that process is.

When you have a product that assists in the quick and painless recovery of stolen cars, then my friend, you may have a good product. Until then, your poduct is worth no more than the costs of its parts.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2009
palmauto:

where did you get your over 100k from? if you paid that much well, its a pity once more!

me grin grin do i look like the sort of sucker who will pay u snake oil salesmen my hard earned money so i can hear your 'its a pity routine ' tongue
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by amlos007(m): 12:43pm On Nov 03, 2009
same story,on monday mrning my sista's honda baby boy(gold colour) was snatched @ a gun point on her way to work aroung 6am,laptop and her 3 phones+black berry gone @ 1day.1da wat boys r thinking angry
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by palmauto: 12:44pm On Nov 03, 2009
Duduknight:

Please forget about these fruitless marketing campaign you are proposing. What is the point of having a tracker if it takes your firm approximately 2 weeks to locate the car? It would be useful if the car can be located immediately and recovered before it is transported to another country.

Did you read what Oyinlola wrote? The car was found in another west african country. Her dad has to spend money on the legal process to recover. It is indeterminate how long that process is.

When you have a product that assists in the quick and painless recovery of stolen cars, then my friend, you may have a good product. Until then, your poduct is worth no more than the costs of its parts.

Let me give you an example, a car got stolen on friday and the owner of the car did not report to us untill noon the next monday. luckily we could locate the car but lets assume has been taken out of the country. who do u blame? the tracking company or the car owner?
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by BabaO2: 12:48pm On Nov 03, 2009
@poster, you made a very good post, i believe it would have enjoyed lots of sympathetic and better contributions, but you diluted it with emotional statement which you could have posted as a new topic.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by routsz: 12:59pm On Nov 03, 2009
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by routsz: 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2009
i feel for this misfortune. i'd also suffered such misfortune not too long ago. it is sad.
@ poster; i wonder how many people on suspicion grounds and how many suspected stolen items u have had to report to the police. it is little realistic.

shouldn't we report suspicious people and suspected stolen goods to the police? yes we always should. even when very little comes out of it.

but then, the gps tracking technology in vogue today does make sense in this regard. i do know that some of these providers also include recovery services in conjuction with the Nigerian Police as part of the package. Inspite of the posts here, I know that a lot of stolen car were promptly recovered using this technology. for a car to have traversed several nations before it is been spotted by the service provider is outrageous. certainly, some of these providers are not worth anything!

i very much believe in prayer answers. let yr friend keep praying over it and i know that the good Lord who answered the prayers of others in recovering their stolen cars and property would answer his prayers as well. IN JESUS NAME.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by palmauto: 2:27pm On Nov 03, 2009
smiley
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Fhemmmy: 2:47pm On Nov 03, 2009
The tracking system is a great idea.
What have u got to lose by getting one? nothing
And like someone said, report funny car deal with to the police and let the law take care of it, however, knowing Nija police, it might be a waste of time sha.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by eimo(f): 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2009
To be foretold is to be forewarned. Experience is the worst teacher, DONT WAIT TILL IT HAPPENS TO YOU! Pls learn from the experience of others, fix your car tracker now for just 45k
Features include
Know your car location
Remotely lock your car
Stop your car remotely
Know when your tracker is tampered with
Know when you drive above speed limit
Geo fencing to limit where your vehicle go
Send sos message when in danger
Track via GSM and GPRS.
CONTACT 08024444448, 08037062347
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Jerjens: 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2009
i want a tracking device to blow up the car up finis, txt blowup to car kabooom!
oya tracker ppl any offers

crime will reduce,
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by DatNiggaAk(m): 4:08pm On Nov 03, 2009
[b]your wife might just be the one to text "blow up" when she discovers you've been creeping behind her back, grin grin[/b]
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Farms(m): 4:15pm On Nov 03, 2009
Forget about spending too much money on tracking devices and waiting for network or no network to be available before you can recover your car. Transfer your risk to someone else and have rest of mind, i.e. buy insurance, pay the premium which is about 5% of the total value of the car.

The advantages are:
1. It is cheap, it is even less than the money you will spend to "wash" the car
2. The money covers accidents, fire, theft, third party injury and third party damage
3. You will definitely have money back to buy another car
4. You may even get a courtesy car pending when your car is retrieved

However, you need to shine your eye o, buy insurance from genuine insurance companies o, some insurance companies will tell you stories when it is time for claim, so shine your eye. I recommend you buy your insurance from trusted names maybe insurance companies with bank affiliations, especially strong banks
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by funkybaby(f): 4:23pm On Nov 03, 2009
Farms:

Forget about spending too much money on tracking devices and waiting for network or no network to be available before you can recover your car. Transfer your risk to someone else and have rest of mind, i.e. buy insurance, pay the premium which is about 5% of the total value of the car.

The advantages are:
1. It is cheap, it is even less than the money you will spend to "wash" the car
2. The money covers accidents, fire, theft, third party injury and third party damage
3. You will definitely have money back to buy another car
4. You may even get a courtesy car pending when your car is retrieved

However, you need to shine your eye o, buy insurance from genuine insurance companies o, some insurance companies will tell you stories when it is time for claim, so shine your eye. I recommend you buy your insurance from trusted names maybe insurance companies with bank affiliations, especially strong banks

you are so right.
cornerstone insurance is a good coy

a friend recently had his side mirror smashed by an okada rider. It cost about 50k to get a new one and the insurance coy paid for it.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Farms(m): 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2009
I am talking from experience in terms of Insurance. I have seen the good, bad and ugly faces of insurance in this country. I have trekked before for months to get a claim from an insurance company to no avail before, several times,

However, now i have great rest of mind. The last time I faced an incidence like this i received my money back so choose your insurance wisely and go to sleep, let them bother to buy the tracker to fix in your car not you spending the money to do it.

Some good insurnace companies in this country include: Guaranty Trust Assurance (where i currently have my car, home and some investment), AIICO where I currently have my wife's car and our life insurance, there is Cornerstone, Custodian and Allied, Zenith, Wapic and so on, these will not fail you, they have not failed me, transfer your risk and have rest of mind,
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by DatNiggaAk(m): 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2009
Farms:

I am talking from experience in terms of Insurance. I have seen the good, bad and ugly faces of insurance in this country. I have trekked before for months to get a claim from an insurance company to no avail before, several times,

However, now i have great rest of mind. The last time I faced an incidence like this i received my money back so choose your insurance wisely and go to sleep, let them bother to buy the tracker to fix in your car not you spending the money to do it.

Some good insurnace companies in this country include: Guaranty Trust Assurance (where i currently have my car, home and some investment), AIICO where I currently have my wife's car and our life insurance, there is Cornerstone, Custodian and Allied, Zenith, Wapic and so on, these will not fail you, they have not failed me, transfer your risk and have rest of mind,
[b]
you have life insurance
don't mess with other gals behind ur wifeys back if not she will poison you and cash in ur insurance,
grin grin grin grin grin
[/b]
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by chosen04(f): 6:23pm On Nov 03, 2009
eimo:

To be foretold is to be forewarned. Experience is the worst teacher, DONT WAIT TILL IT HAPPENS TO YOU! Pls learn from the experience of others, fix your car tracker now for just 45k
Features include
Know your car location
Remotely lock your car
Stop your car remotely
Know when your tracker is tampered with
Know when you drive above speed limit
Geo fencing to limit where your vehicle go
Send sos message when in danger
Track via GSM and GPRS.
CONTACT 08024444448, 08037062347
[/quot

Pls can some one answer me! Is the economy that bad that everybody uses style to market one product or the other? Is marketing the only job available?
If they are not using style to market tracking device, Its Insurance Policies and Companies. How much is even the Commission?
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by cvibe: 7:27pm On Nov 03, 2009
Marketing is the only job anyone one can get easily.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Farms(m): 7:47pm On Nov 03, 2009
Pls can some one answer me! Is the economy that bad that everybody uses style to market one product or the other? Is marketing the only job available?
If they are not using style to market tracking device, Its Insurance Policies and Companies. How much is even the Commission?

Chosen04
If you think that giving one's own example in a crucial issue is marketing so be it.

I shudder to think about a marketer who market products of over six different companies at the same time. where does he/she receive his/her salary?
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by ZUBBYNWA(m): 11:40am On Nov 04, 2009
who kowns if it is also a stolen car
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by chosen04(f): 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2009
I shudder to think about a marketer who market products of over six different companies at the same time. where does he/she receive his/her salary?
[quote][/quote]

In marketing its called multiple streams of income. He/she collects salary/commission from the all the companies and the nxt he/she will become a Motivational speaker and starts teaching us about the multiple streams of income theory.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by poli1: 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2009
Farms:

Chosen04
If you think that giving one's own example in a crucial issue is marketing so be it.

Answering your question, Yes Nigeria is that bad. Don't know how you did not notice. however, Tracking of your vehicle is an edge not the bus stop to prevent car theft.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2009
^^^^

i have to give palmauto kudos for perseverance grin grin
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by poli1: 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2009
oyb:

^^^^

i have to give palmauto kudos for perseverance grin grin

its marketing, wink
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by alfchye(m): 3:07pm On Nov 04, 2009
Sorry bro, this world is not easy, Mine was stolen June 2009 along Tincan in APAPA , I went everywhere to report I spend money on police and all other force in Nigeria still nothing.I have since learnt to forget about the car, I pray God almighty will give me a bigger one this december.
The Nigeria police stole almost 70,000naira in pretence to help me recover the car , nothing was done.The car just went like that.
Anytime I enter Okada or public transport, I am always thinking about my car, I don't go out this days too, No clubbing, no toasting of ladies, All my swagger just dir.
God dey ,I will buy sumtin better than HONDA BABY BOY, Tell ur friend to work harder and next time use a MTN TRACKING DEVICE.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Fhemmmy: 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2009
funkybaby:

you are so right.
cornerstone insurance is a good coy

a friend recently had his side mirror smashed by an okada rider. It cost about 50k to get a new one and the insurance coy paid for it.

can someone give us the list of good insurance coy in Nigeria and their contacts?
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by poli1: 3:17pm On Nov 04, 2009
LAW UNION AND ROCK INSURANCE
Here is one of their marketers: Dele 08075524329
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2009
alfchye:

Sorry bro, this world is not easy, Mine was stolen June 2009 along Tincan in APAPA , I went everywhere to report I spend money on police and all other force in Nigeria still nothing.I have since learnt to forget about the car, I pray God almighty will give me a bigger one this december.
The Nigeria police stole almost 70,000naira in pretence to help me recover the car , nothing was done.The car just went like that.
Anytime I enter Okada or public transport, I am always thinking about my car, I don't go out this days too, No clubbing, no toasting of ladies, All my swagger just dir.
God dey ,I will buy sumtin better than HONDA BABY BOY, Tell your friend to work harder and next time use a MTN TRACKING DEVICE.

another marketer grin grin

my company uses leadway

i've had like three bashings and they paid

i do not know if they would have come through if i had been insured as my self (a single entity) and not as part of a company that can make serious trouble for them, though
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by poli1: 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2009
oyb:

another marketer grin grin

my company uses leadway

i've had like three bashings and they paid

i do not know if they would have come through if i had been insured as my self (a single entity) and not as part of a company that can make serious trouble for them, though

let him be!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brand New 2009/2010 Kia Sportage For Sale / Tokumbo Akura TL For N2.6m / TOKS- 2005 HONDA CR-V ( 1.9million )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.