Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,498 members, 7,885,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:31 PM

Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... (36815 Views)

The Very Best Way To Enjoy Sex Doll Is By Not Making It Dull And Stereotype / Man's Girlfriend Is Cheating On Him With His Dry Cleaner / My Girlfriend Is A Sex Addict (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by sukkot: 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2016
Joe171:

Why don't you listen to your doctor's advice to always use your glasses whenever you want to read?
I didn't say ladies lack wisdom, I only said they are not well informed.
yeah but you shoulda came up with real wisdom like the cosmos, galaxies, milky way, stars, nebulas etc etc etc not phone and car. knowing phone specs is not wisdom. however if you are a mechanic and you can fix anything inside a car thats wisdom, but just knowing the names of cars is not wisdom. daz all am sayin brah.
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by IamLEGEND1: 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2016
Gemc3:

The thing is, one may have an idea about what you are talking about but not know what "Arab Sping" is. I just Googled it. Thank you for increasing my knowledge. Anyway, what I want to say is you can't judge someone's intelligence by a single question. We learn everyday. You could have explained to her what it meant instead of running off and then yabbing her. If I were in her shoes, I would have asked you to explain it. And your stereotype about 'naija babes' is so unfair. Almost like you feel we are all stupid. Not cool men.
Read my post again,carefully this time and you'll notice the part where I mentioned explaining it to her in detail.
Like I said,We have exceptions to this rule but they are just that: EXCEPTIONS.
I believe I speak for the majority of my Naija goons when I say that we all dream of a day when we can seamlessly transverse from conversations about telemundo to astrophysics (just the basics) with our women without having her snapping at you or going silent mid-convo.

So yeah, it isn't fair to bundle all naija babes under the umbrella of the 'dumb girl' stereotype but it is what it is.....the more well-rounded ones amount to no more than just a drop of water in an otherwise expansive pool.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Rosheedah(f): 4:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
joycall:
1. You let your friends ridicule your girlfriend and even come here to tell us? You may think you're smart but you're dumb.

2. If you were that intelligent you would know you don't love her.

3. I can tell by your gf's comeback that she's not dull.

4. I do not need to tell you she doesn't have to be politically inclined to be considered interesting.

5. Since you can't identify btw love and infatuation, l can help with that. You're infatuated. Pls stop sleeping with her. Let her go. Trust me another man will love her "stupidity" and would infact be amused by it.

6. You're very silly. It's an insult to say "she's good in bed" but very dull.

7. To be honest, get lost you're not worth it.

8. If it's "fork" you want there are girls who do it for the money. You know where to find them.

9. This is my own way. I'll not pamper you with words. I mean, you don't have to like what I say.

[b][/b]*Ladies pls stop having premarital sex. There's no respect in letting a man bed you before marriage. It's simple like that.

EDITED: I knew from a tender age l wanted to be a chartered accountant. My dad wanted me to pursue science though cos l excelled in science subjects. Point is, my love for commercial and science subjects was unconditional. But history and government l hated with a passion. I genuinely lacked interest. I did not only HATE politics, I didn't understand it. The thought of listening to news or reading those tiny newspaper lines gave me the shivers. Until my 2nd year in the university when I met a man that would change everything.

A man that was unbelievably intelligent and interesting enough to inspire such interests in me. A man that loved me.

I do not only love politics now, l eat newspapers as they come. I'm always the first to grab my hands on them at the office. My colleagues have given me a name for this.

Believe it or not, l'm not only politically knowledgeable but also politically smart. l gave my sister an analysis of how Trump would win the elections before election day.

If someone had told me that I would be an ardent lover of football, l definitely would have shouted them down. Lol. Well, l do not only love football now, I'm a staunch follower of one of the premiership clubs. Football is part of what I eat now.

My point exactly is..with the right person, we grow.

*Ladies pls stop sleeping with men. You shortchange yourselves doing so.

Wooow! I wish i could like this comment a million times. ..u have said it all jare kiss kiss
Kizziez #NoHomo smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by VajanahDischaj(f): 5:11pm On Nov 14, 2016
dayosweetness:

receive sense!!!
bloodyshit! for ur mind, as u old so , as u brilliant like this, olosho international...as in u don comment? who send u?
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Joe171(m): 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2016
sukkot:
yeah but you shoulda came up with real wisdom like the cosmos, galaxies, milky way, stars, nebulas etc etc etc not phone and car. knowing phone specs is not wisdom. however if you are a mechanic and you can fix anything inside a car thats wisdom, but just knowing the names of cars is not wisdom. daz all am sayin brah.
I tried as much as possible to bring it to almost the lowest, that is things we see and use everyday. Now check it, what are more complex amongst what we both mentioned. some ladies don't even know about their own body well enough talk more of the universe.
Knowledge is different from wisdom brah.
I didn't say they are not wise. Don't you get it?
Let me tell you this, my gf sent me a funny BC on WhatsApp about how some business moguls lost some amount of money and they are still doing fine, so why am I worried about the little money I lost?
*it was supposed to be a joke*
because I am so interested in happenings around me, I asked her "do you follow news that much?"... if I had not stopped that night it would have resulted to some sort of argument.
that doesn't mean I'm wiser than she is but I have knowledge of things around me than she does. for the last time; ladies are wise but less informed.
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by sukkot: 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2016
Joe171:

I tried as much as possible to bring it to almost the lowest, that is things we see and use everyday. Now check it, what are more complex amongst what we both mentioned. some ladies don't even know about their own body well enough talk more of the universe.
Knowledge is different from wisdom brah.
I didn't say they are not wise. Don't you get it?
aiit brah i got you. but you know, everybody has wisdom in something lol. some peoples wisdom is in knowing how to plait hair wink
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by IamLEGEND1: 5:23pm On Nov 14, 2016
PrettyClare7:

Easy bro...there are some things you don't even know yourself. that a person doesn't share a particular interest with you doesn't automatically spell dumb.
I used to have that same mindset too but I came to realise that life isn't always about me or my interests.
I figured it'll be easy to sit on my hands and complain about how the women of this century have failed to live up to an acceptable intellectual threshold while I'm pretty much holed up in my safe space and not challenging myself enough to know more; to be more.

I watch zee world, extremely sporadically though those instances may be. I despise that nonsense but I know a day may come when I'll have to field a convo that has to do with those characters. these days I find myself reading up on some very weird stuff i have absolutely no interest in,anything from the cold war,Yoruba mythology to space politics.
I may not be perfect but i know dàmn well that I bring something substantial to the table,it isn't unreasonable for me to expect something better than a telemundo-infested brain.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by IamLEGEND1: 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2016
Mustiboy:
you're very dumb, I must say.
All these pùssy niggahz.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by IamLEGEND1: 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
ladyverere:

And you think you are the sharpest knife in the drawer? Smh. Your dumbness speaks for itself the minute you believe a girl is for your s*xual satisfaction.
A girl is there for a Guy's sexūal satisfaction just as a guy is for a lady's sexuàl satisfaction. women and trying to paint every single thing in a séxist light always go hand-in-hand. what do you expect us to fùck,pigeons?
or smear Vaseline around the opening of a yoghurt bottle and pound away? are you o.k with a lifetime of cucumber usage yourself?
Think before you speak.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2016
Your Girl Friend is Drab and Disgusting. I have the ability to change her and make her the talk of the town.
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by trevorhorace(m): 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2016
Wetin make I yarn op now. Bros abeg slow. There's a reason why Birds of a feather flock together, same reason why the rich mingle with the rich, and the elite with their crew same why when seen around criminals you're easily termed one. The reason is IDENTITY. I remember how easy it was for me to remain at the top of my class when closer to my geeky friends with rope tied glasses and how I crumbled like a 16 storey when I switched to the Messi and Chris Brown wannabes. Their lifestyle began to rub on me involuntarily . Who you are as a person should be the major factor in determining who you choose as a spouse. That's the real attraction here not the big boobs and hefty back and beautiful face which are indeed not unnecessary but are secondary. Please forget the thought about changing her, you are not Jesus. Marriage doesn't change anyone. There are well endowed ladies with your kind of thought pattern and approach to life. Talk about compatibility. Where you are going in life should determine who follows. If u decide to manage her then get ready to sign a lifelong management course which you'll obviously get tired of.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by IamLEGEND1: 5:45pm On Nov 14, 2016
amokeme:

Because she doesn't know anything about the Arab spring you concluded she is dumb?? You are being very myopic yourself
It was a condensed story... a lot of red flags went up even before that incident. I'm not gonna burn a girl just because she didn't know anything about the Arab spring.
I don't know about everything myself either.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Akinrogun(m): 5:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
ceejayluv:
I met two girls this year... One had never heard of NORWAY... The other one asked me 'wetin be ZIMBABWE?'.. ain't kidding.

lwkmd

wtf.....serious gbege dey for this country mehn.

the beautiful - brainy - ones are not yet born.
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Psalmwhyte(m): 6:47pm On Nov 14, 2016
Hmmmmmm!
Bro, instead of u 2 brush up ur girlfriend 2 ur test & level, u just took ur 2 dis beautiful paragraphs of nonsense. Infact, if i'm 2 say u are d #mumu personifed# & for u 2 hav allowed ur so called ''dumb friends'' 2 call her names shows dat u are very immature 2 be in a xirious relationship as u calmed 2 be bcox if u are matured enof 2 be in a xirious luv relationship, u wud nt hav come on a public space lik dis 2 display dis ur #mumuish post#. Padi mi ur #mumu# don ova ripe e don reach 2 pluck sef.
#nonsense
#growup
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by adegoks1234(m): 6:50pm On Nov 14, 2016
DarkRebel101:

Touché. The quantification metrics for intelligence nowadays are that for one to be recognized as an intellectual Titan, one must be involved in the sciences, literature, or politics. How ridiculously parochial and hide-bound!

It's a crass misconception that one is ultimately seen as a dullard because one's interest(s) lie outside society's prescribed boundaries of intelligence -- that was why I descried the OP for adjudging her to be dull.

On this same thread, some guy claimed he cut off connection with a girl because she did not know about Arab Spring. Are these persons not weltered in immaturity's stew?
How in tarnation's flames does being none the wiser about Arab Spring ever become a fly in a person's intellectual ointment? LOL. I'm forced to believe Nairaland is a feast of the bizarre; an aberration-palooza wherein the barmy party-troopers constantly grapple with each other on who can make the dottiest comment. grin

Marilyn Monroe is purportedly believed to have possessed an IQ of 168, yet she was only an actress and a model – two occupations we've been socially-engineered to believe are exclusively reserved for dumb blondes and nitwits. Such unprintable balderdash!

Your points were quite cogent; OP should try turning his girlfriend into closer approximations of what he wants her to be. He can only hope that she doesn't consider it to be manipulative, thus giving him the rough edge of the pineapple and putting an end to the relationship.
There is such a thing as common interest. It is not essential neither is it an objective yardstick for ascertaining the level of intelligence by one's vastness in the basic cerebral stimulators as can be seen in Literature, Science and Politics. However, it won't be misleading if I emphasize that the core of knowledge deepest secrets can be overly mastered if one delve extensively into the aforementioned 'BIG THREE'. Consequently, the society can be excused for singling out such parameters as it's own criteria for measuring the depth of knowledge. Wrong but Fair.
Also, if you are quite familiar with the most popular work of Sir 'Arthur Conan Doyle', John Watson was quite surprised and evidently disappointed when he discovered that Sherlock Holmes for all his mental acumen and second to none deductive prowess could say nothing about basic stuffs like the 'Copernicus theory' or even the 'Solar system'. Holmes, in his defense though dismissive and ungraceful, reiterated that such information are of no benefit to his works and hence with no real value. Nonetheless, He accepted the notion that some things are so ordinary that it would be considered a lower form of treason not to be aware of their existence.
I also do not agree that actresses are considered unintelligent. Acting requires a great deal of expertise and precision. Marilyn Monroe, despite all her incredible talents, couldn't have attained her legendary status without several arrays of intelligence.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Mustiboy(m): 7:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
All these pùssy niggahz.
I'll let it slide. But dare me with any insulting word again and witness for your rétarded self how much I'm gonna assail you on here. Asslicker!
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by SHOCK7(m): 8:00pm On Nov 14, 2016
Raine80:
If I may quote you "I mean she's very beautiful and well endowed in the right places, she's also a good cook and good in bed"
See right there that's your problem it's taken you a whole year to figure this out? Did you not talk about current affairs in the early days of your courtship? Or were you too bamboozled by the assets to explore her intellectual intergrity? Sorry to tell you that you made your bed lie in it. All this was obvious to you before you chose not to see it. This could potentially be the mother of your children make a decision now rather than later. Don't be one of those men who is embarassed to introduce his wife to his peers and friends.
Well said Raine,how 're you?
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by IamLEGEND1: 8:50pm On Nov 14, 2016
Mustiboy:
I'll let it slide. But dare me with any insulting word again and witness for your rétarded self how much I'm gonna assail you on here. Asslicker!
All bark,no bite-
the quintessential definition of a pùssy niggah.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by phlamesG: 9:07pm On Nov 14, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
I used to have that same mindset too but I came to realise that life isn't always about me or my interests.
I figured it'll be easy to sit on my hands and complain about how the women of this century have failed to live up to an acceptable intellectual threshold while I'm pretty much holed up in my safe space and not challenging myself enough to know more; to be more.

I watch zee world, extremely sporadically though those instances may be. I despise that nonsense but I know a day may come when I'll have to field a convo that has to do with those characters. these days I find myself reading up on some very weird stuff i have absolutely no interest in,anything from the cold war,Yoruba mythology to space politics.
I may not be perfect but i know dàmn well that I bring something substantial to the table,it isn't unreasonable for me to expect something better than a telemundo-infested brain.
Bro I Feel you
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Zetra(m): 10:27pm On Nov 14, 2016
Joe171:

Is this an experience you've had?
Bros you try o.

some of us dont like jumping in and out of relationship anyhow...
please always try to befriend a girl for long before you ask them out or agree to date them.
it will reduce the chances of being in a relationship with selfcentred, nothing-upstairs people
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Angel1696: 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2016
guy u have a girl who is good in the kitchen n other room who cares about news if u don't like her again u can kindly PASS ME YOUR LOVE.
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by baba11(m): 10:47pm On Nov 14, 2016
The same thing i hate most in any lady..i am very wary of it and have lost many to this singular act. tongue

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Joe171(m): 10:52pm On Nov 14, 2016
Zetra:

some of us dont like jumping in and out of relationship anyhow...
please always try to befriend a girl for long before you ask them out or agree to date them.
it will reduce the chances of being in a relationship with selfcentred, nothing-upstairs people
Another thing with these girls nowadays is that they just want to be sexually appealing without developing themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 14, 2016
prinzeepule:

Are you sure we are not dating the same babe@op Guy I understand you die.
Dating someone that loves hand bags but knows nothing about bag. Can you imagine someone that's on social media and don't know crazeclown and said Neva seen them before. Me sef don tire.

Lol well maybe. But i d only thing is that u might be dating the gurl i fired 2.5 years ago hahaha. Yea the truth is such gurls can not be my missing rib except the rib was aba made before. Seriously it was a boring stuff. A man needs a partner and not a burden. Right now my current babe is all round in knowledge. She points my weakness out, raise a wise suggestion when am getting in trouble, study my behaviour. Career minded, confident and ambitious. I also carry her along because she is convinced that i dont settle for less. This is a partner to me.
Advise to u bro, see to it u can bend her a bit but if not achievable. ..... goodluck
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
phlamesG:

When they call her "mumu" they say it jokingly
And I've cautioned them a few times too
They call her "mumu" because you discussed her as being "Mumuish" to your friends.

You don't know what love is, leave her alone for who will understand and teach her what she needs to know.

Guys like you make me wonder why you all go into relationships atimes.

Smh!.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Vizzim: 11:44pm On Nov 14, 2016
Op, i believe you know the kind of woman you want. This shouldn't be a problem. Proud of my gf anyday she keeps me on my toes with her knowledge. So Ur either proud of her or end it.
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 15, 2016
Actually, you are right. But what's the use of Telemundo to her?

See, it's not about knowing how many votes Trump has or who Ivanka is. But there are some basic things one should at least at know. If not for the sake of your husband, for the sake of your children. How would you feel if your wife has no impact on your children or she can't help out in their homework?

"Mummy, mummy! John in my class said my hair look like Trump's" - your 5 year old daughter. But your wife goes like "Who is Trump?"....etc etc etc. There are many examples lol.

You just have be to be conscious of what is happening "major" around you. Keyword: major.

Goes for men and women.

DarkRebel101:
She doesn't have to know about Trump; there are many intelligent people that are disinclined toward politics. Her rejoinder does indeed strike a chord; really, of what use is Donald Trump to her?

I don't think she's uninteresting and dull, I think it's because you two hardly have any overlapping interests that could generate lots of talking points in your conversations. You should have factored intellectual compatibility before asking her to be your girlfriend.

You could, with tenderness and love, ask her to begin take interest in things you think would enable her make more meaningful contributions; you could send her PDF of books you think would make for a good read, etcetera etcetera.

But if it were me, I would devolve to her level in order to understand her and also to familiarize myself with the things she fancies.

You could do that as well so you wouldn't seem self-centered.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by henryhemon(m): 3:00am On Nov 15, 2016
FortuneTeller:
Will she make a good wife? Will she make a good mother? Is she peaceful and kind? Is she thoughtful and loving? Does she get along well with others? Intelligence is good, but it does not guarantee happiness and calm in a home.

You are such a wonderful person to have written this. This is all a man should look at for a woman ,peaceful,kind,thoughtful and loving.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by PrettyClare7(f): 5:51am On Nov 15, 2016
IamLEGEND1:

bro I have not said it is alright to be dumb...but the fact that she doesn't know one doesn't automatically mean she would not have knowledge of another. unless you are trying to say you have never failed any question in exams. in which case you are telling me you are the repository of knowledge.
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by PrettyClare7(f): 5:55am On Nov 15, 2016
Snipes009:
Actually, you are right. But what's the use of Telemundo to her?

See, it's not about knowing how many votes Trump has or who Ivanka is. But there are some basic things one should at least at know. If not for the sake of your husband, for the sake of your children. How would you feel if your wife has no impact on your children or she can't help out in their homework?

"Mummy, mummy! John in my class said my hair look like Trump's" - your 5 year old daughter. But your wife goes like "Who is Trump?"....etc etc etc. There are many examples lol.

You just have be to be conscious of what is happening "major" around you. Keyword: major.

Goes for men and women.

thumbs up bro for the word "major". I don't know what some guys are forming here.
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by davidif: 11:28am On Nov 15, 2016
phlamesG:
I'm a young man in his early twenties. I've been going out with this particular girl for close to a year now.
I can tell that she loves me, and don't get me wrong I love her too, I mean she's very beautiful and well endowed in the right places, she's also a good cook and good in bed. But my worry is that she's too obtuse and uninteresting. Whenever we're having a conversation or discussion she doesn't make meaningful contributions to the topic, sometimes her contributions are not well thought out and when she says them it makes her sound dumb. My friends have even given her a nickname 'mumu'. Whenever they want to ask of her, they be like "Charlie® that your mumu girlfriend dey"?
I am kinda afraid to introduce her to my parents so she won't embarrass me. My parents are very particular about the kind of girl I bring home, and trust my dad he's going to bombard her with a barrage of questions. She's also not interested in global happenings around the world or within the country or even recent developments. What really sparked my ire was the just concluded USA elections. I remember calling her and teasing her as to who will win the elections, trump/Clinton, but I was dismayed by her response " who is trump?" cry I was totally dumbfounded, how can someone who isn't an illiterate not have an inkling about 'trump'. I'm not saying i know all about the elections, I wasn't even interested in the USA elections because I already knew it was all mere propaganda, but nevertheless I kept up to speed.
Her further response killed my vibe "what concern me with trump? Is he going to give me a role as a telemundo actress?"(she's obsessed with telemundo btw,which brings me to my next point)
She so much loves telemundo and zee world, the only concise narration she can give is the breakdown of an episode of zee world. It's breaks my heart because I love her and want to marry her in the nearest future, and I don't want our kids to turn out to be morons.
Conversations with her are so boring, she basically adds nothing to the topic of discussion. Our time together is mostly spent on long silences

I need only positive responses please...

Red flag alert shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked please abeg, this shows that both of you are not meant for each other. You guys are not compatible. In other words, y'all not the right fit for each other so please go your separate ways abeg.
In a relationship, the most important thing is compatibilty. There is nothing as good as having someone you can talk about everything with. So ask yourself if I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Fiancée Is Requesting For 500K Before She Can Accept My Wedding Proposal / Somali Man Weds Two Women At Once In Kenya, Encourages Other Men To Do Same / Can You Marry Someone Whose Nude Photos/video Has Leaked On Social Media??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.