Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,277 members, 7,881,037 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:21 AM

Why Not Ask? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Not Ask? (325 Views)

God Did Not Ask Abraham To Sacrifice Issac, See Who Did / God Did Not Ask Us To Give Firstfruits [COUNTER THREAD] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Not Ask? by adeademolaa(m): 9:27pm On Nov 13, 2016
WHY NOT ASK?
Isaac Asimou asserted 'People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.' #smiles
Truthfully, there is no greater annoyance as watching someone who think he knows so much later proofed to know so close to nothing. And the most annoying part is making mistakes over repeatedly, when just five words ''HOW DO I DO IT? '' can safe one's face.
Permit me to ask, Why do men find it hard to ask questions when they don't know and for clarity when their present idea seems shallow?
Aside being seen as dumb for the first couple minutes of asking, am yet to know if the inquirer is vulnerable to any other 'side effect'
In Slylvia Earle's view 'The best scientist and explorers have the attributes of kids! They ask questions and have a sense of wonder. They have curiosity; who, what, how, when, where, why! They never stop asking questions. Little wonder why they are vast in thinking and innovation.
WHY NOT ASK THE RIGHT QUESTION?
There is no right answers to wrong questions' says Ursula Guin. Voltaire follow suite by positing that a man should rather be judged by his questions than his answers.
Ask: What can I do well?
Not: What can I do?
Ask: How do I want to be remembered?
Not: How do I live? and so on.
I do tell people, 'Ask questions and you will get just-answers, but ask the right questions and you will be wowed.'
WHY NOT ASK AGAIN?
The problem with man is not that they don't ask, but that they don't ask enough. Even God said in His words ''Put me in rememarance''
David keep asking the soldiers what fortune awaits any man that kills Goliat, not that he is after riches, but for clarity sake; If goliat's death really matters.
The greatest saleswoman in the world today once shared the secret of her success. Markita Andrews said ''I ask and ask again, I never let a 'No' turn me down.''
Therefore don't give up asking, don't give up praying, don't give up seeking. For Asking breeds referral, Seeking brings enligthenment, Knocking reveals the source.
Ask and continue to ask. However, ask questions for answers you will be able to live now. Some answers takes their time, but never fail to live your questions. Someday, consciously or unconsciously, you will live your way into the answer.
Writer
Sayo Ademola
#Ingeniousconsult
Re: Why Not Ask? by menxer: 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2016
If there is any thing you don't know, you are an illiterate in that.

(1) (Reply)

Religious Views And Rental Apartments:what Is Your Experience / Blessed In Believing / Faith Of Jesus Christ In Our Finances And Other Aspects Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.