Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,959 members, 7,973,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 01:45 PM

Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils - Car Talk (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils (100644 Views)

..... The Importance Of Mobil1 Engine Oil / Can Mobil1 Annual Protection Motor Oil Truly Give 20,000Miles/1Yr Of Protection? / Mobil1 5W 30 Fully Synthetic Oil Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 10:53am On Oct 12, 2019
radautoworks:

Feel free to do the needful with Carquest oils
Let us see the car quest oils for our vehicles from the US. That's all that matters. If the oil is using the Syngard technology like Valvoline does, I rather buy Syngard oil and transmission fluid. All those prime guard are made by cross oil, which is Syngard
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by radautoworks: 11:06am On Oct 12, 2019
sooperrescue:

Let us see the car quest oils for our vehicles from the US. That's all that matters. If the oil is using the Syngard technology like Valvoline does, I rather buy Syngard oil and transmission fluid. All those prime guard are made by cross oil, which is Syngard

Our oil is Amalie. Which ones do you want the sheets of?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by radautoworks: 11:08am On Oct 12, 2019
sooperrescue:

Madam, that's my company o. I will help resolve the issue if I know what went wrong.

I've been wanting to talk to to brass for longest and getting the run around. The fact you don't know about my issue means they didn't take it seriously. This one na DM matter.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by seunoj: 11:14am On Oct 12, 2019
sooperrescue:

They are filling a void,a big void. DHL is expensive and Nipost is on life support. If there's any issue, it is better to talk to the management team in order for them to improve.
Wch void. My experience with is nothing to write home about.
Wch coy charges demurrage for picking up an item after 24hrs of arrival including failure to notify up of the same as earlier agreed.

If DHL tries to deliver to you and u are not available for some reason or the other, they will retry at no cost.

I don't have issues with GIG pricing, I hate failure to deliver as promised and terrible customer service.
Imagine u send sumtin to a friend n he warns you never to use them. That says a lot.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by radautoworks: 11:21am On Oct 12, 2019
sooperrescue:

They are filling a void,a big void. DHL is expensive and Nipost is on life support. If there's any issue, it is better to talk to the management team in order for them to improve.

Been there done that for almost a year. When I walked in the building last month, they still had no idea who I was or the issue despite many emails and calls from my logistics team and myself
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by radautoworks: 11:22am On Oct 12, 2019
seunoj:

Wch void. My experience with is nothing to write home about.
Wch coy charges demurrage for picking up an item after 24hrs of arrival including failure to notify up of the same as earlier agreed.

If DHL tries to deliver to you and u are not available for some reason or the other, they will retry at no cost.

I don't have issues with GIG pricing, I hate failure to deliver as promised and terrible customer service.
Imagine u send sumtin to a friend n he warns you never to use them. That says a lot.

The company I have now, my last delivery was shipped last Saturday from Atlanta and I received it on Thursday shocked. Full communication, manifest, etc. Let me not derail this thread any more Sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by samadex2007: 11:45am On Oct 12, 2019
sooperrescue:

I hope you meant Synpower Technology from Valvoline
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:33pm On Oct 12, 2019
samadex2007:

I hope you meant Synpower Technology from Valvoline
Valvoline uses Syngard technology
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by guru01(m): 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2019
inas911:
Please gurus, i just bought a Honda Civic 2007 with 155k mileage. 5W20 or 5W30, Please which is most perfect for it and which brand do i go for cos i know there are lots of brands. Also the best recommendable Transmission fluid.

See what my car manual says but I can't interpret it well. I need you guys to help with the interpretation.

thanks
Is it an automatic or maual transmission?
Do you have idea of the previous engine oil used on the vehicle?

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Kassidy4luv(m): 3:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
Good evening, please which engine oil is recommended for Toyota Camry 2005( big daddy) and gear transmission too.
Thanks
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
inas911:
Please gurus, i just bought a Honda Civic 2007 with 155k mileage. 5W20 or 5W30, Please which is most perfect for it and which brand do i go for cos i know there are lots of brands. Also the best recommendable Transmission fluid.

See what my car manual says but I can't interpret it well. I need you guys to help with the interpretation.

thanks
Your car requires 0w30 or 0w40 for all weather protection. The 0w30 used to be available at Total outlets but I can't say for now. You can also use Mobil 1 0w40
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2019
Kassidy4luv:
Good evening, please which engine oil is recommended for Toyota Camry 2005( big daddy) and gear transmission too.
Thanks

5w30 gasoline engine oil only. Transmission fluid is type tiv. I will suggest Motul energy 5w30
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Kassidy4luv(m): 8:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
sooperrescue:

5w30 gasoline engine oil only. Transmission fluid is type tiv. I will suggest Motul energy 5w30
Thanks Sir.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by samadex2007: 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2019
sooperrescue:

Your car requires 0w30 or 0w40 for all weather protection. The 0w30 used to be available at Total outlets but I can't say for now. You can also use Mobil 1 0w40

0w40 or 0w30 is good but to be on safer side,rather go for 5w40 considering the viscosity and driving condition here.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by samadex2007: 10:43pm On Oct 13, 2019
samadex2007:

0w40 or 0w30 is good but to be on safer side,rather go for 5w40 considering the viscosity and driving condition here.

I recommend Valvoline Synpower 5w40, SN grade.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by samadex2007: 10:45pm On Oct 13, 2019
Kassidy4luv:
Thanks

What's your car mileage now and I will recommend the best lube.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 4:08am On Oct 14, 2019
Kassidy4luv:
Thanks

Your Camry is likely an American spec..... Meaning American spec cars like your Camry ,will need American engine oil ... you should not be using European engine oil for USA cars....

So USA import Castrol 5w30 is for sale for 13500k and oil filter for your Camry for 2k.. The oil filter is also made in the USA

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 4:18am On Oct 14, 2019
samadex2007:

I recommend Valvoline Synpower 5w40, SN grade.

Hope it is not a euro brand oil o
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by radautoworks: 8:25am On Oct 14, 2019
samadex2007:

We have this discussed this at length. Please stop telling people this. Nigeria is no hotter than Europe, US or THE MIDDLE EAST!

2 Likes

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by radautoworks: 8:27am On Oct 14, 2019
Kassidy4luv:
Thanks

What's your VIN? Or the first three digits to settle this euro or American argument so you can be advised on the right oil?

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Duke007(m): 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2019
Hello house, I have just bought a Honda accord 2008 model, America spec, manual recommend Saw 5W20. Which brand do you recommended
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:09am On Oct 20, 2019
Addinol 5w20 is the best. The details of the seller has already been given here

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by easysunny(m): 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2019
Pls house, where can I get original 5w20 engine oil. That's the recommended oil for my Honda pilot 2008. I just bought it toks few months ago.
Unfortunately, I went to service the engine to one mobile filling station in Lagos and they convinced me to use mobile 20w50 against the recommended oil ie 5w20. That was on August this year. So the oil that's in the engine currently is 20w50. I'm afraid it may damage the engine based what I have read.
So, I want to revert to 5w20. Should go ahead and change it now or wait till next service?
Pls where can I get original 5w20 oil and do the service? How much is the price?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by radautoworks: 9:56pm On Oct 24, 2019
easysunny:
Pls house, where can I get original 5w20 engine oil. That's the recommended oil for my Honda pilot 2008. I just bought it toks few months ago.
Unfortunately, I went to service the engine to one mobile filling station in Lagos and they convinced me to use mobile 20w50 against the recommended oil ie 5w20. That was on August this year. So the oil that's in the engine currently is 20w50. I'm afraid it may damage the engine based what I have read.
So, I want to revert to 5w20. Should go ahead and change it now or wait till next service?
Pls where can I get original 5w20 oil and do the service? How much is the price?

Rad Auto works
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 2:24pm On Oct 25, 2019
easysunny:

You still have time to change to manufacture reccomdation.. .. 20w50 is the worse oil you can use on any car .. I sell USA import Mobil 1 and 5w20 is available

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 2:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
Duke007:
Hello house, I have just bought a Honda accord 2008 model, America spec, manual recommend Saw 5W20. Which brand do you recommended

Mobil 1 extended performace will do great for 17k .. USA import.. This is what I use for my civics on uber

2 Likes

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
dru23:

Mobil 1 extended performace will do great for 17k .. USA import.. This is what I use for my civics on uber
What is the verdict on our Nigerian made engine oils? Should we boycott the oil for 3 months so that they will adjust and sell quality engine oil to us that are suitable for the cars that we drive. If we are importing 2.5t Naira of used cars, the engine oil for these vehicles should be available. Thanks Dru for your efforts and also Radautoworks. Without you guys, and other guys like autotrader2 and Gazzzuz, there would have been no car that will last 2 years in the country. Total and Oando should be commended too for migrating from 5w40 to 5w30 but we encourage them to give us 5w30 gasoline engine oil only and 5w20 and 0w20. It is what the industry needs and not what they want us to use. The era of ignoring the motorist is over.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
sooperrescue:

What is the verdict on our Nigerian made engine oils? Should we boycott the oil for 3 months so that they will adjust and sell quality engine oil to us that are suitable for the cars that we drive. If we are importing 2.5t Naira of used cars, the engine oil for these vehicles should be available. Thanks Dru for your efforts and also Radautoworks. Without you guys, and other guys like autotrader2 and Gazzzuz, there would have been no car that will last 2 years in the country. Total and Oando should be commended too for migrating from 5w40 to 5w30 but we encourage them to give us 5w30 gasoline engine oil only and 5w20 and 0w20. It is what the industry needs and not what they want us to use. The era of ignoring the motorist is over.

The choice is up to Nigerians customers, it is up to them to follower owners manual at all times , it is up to them to seek quality oil whether I tell them or you tell them.. I can't force anybody... but what I will tell you is that I lost faith long time on Nigerian goods been sold on the market.... I import all my stuff from the USA ,and if the customers want to buy from me ,it is up to them .. And if they want to continue using 20w50 or any Nigerian made engine oil . They should continue doing so , they are in return helping the ladipo guys bring in more engine .. If people are taking care of their engine, the engine seller in the market will not see engine to sell.. So engine seller need market to survive o ...but for me personally I will rather import all my stuff ,than risk buying fake or substandard product from the market...

As a matter of fact the engine oil I sell , I sell at a discount price that the profit is not worth it for me anymore . So eventually I will stop selling and keep them for uber cars once I increase my fleet... how many times do I come and complain of engine issue or car issue on the forum? Biko I can't kill myself and save everybody . life is too short.

2 Likes

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by easysunny(m): 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2019
dru23:

You still have time to change to manufacture reccomdation.. .. 20w50 is the worse oil you can use on any car .. I sell USA import Mobil 1 and 5w20 is available

Where's your shop located? And I hope you have the right oil filter too. What are the prices? I mean the 5w20 and oil filter.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 3:59am On Oct 26, 2019
dru23:

The choice is up to Nigerians customers, it is up to them to follower owners manual at all times , it is up to them to seek quality oil whether I tell them or you tell them.. I can't force anybody... but what I will tell you is that I lost faith long time on Nigerian goods been sold on the market.... I import all my stuff from the USA ,and if the customers want to buy from me ,it is up to them .. And if they want to continue using 20w50 or any Nigerian made engine oil . They should continue doing so , they are in return helping the ladipo guys bring in more engine .. If people are taking care of their engine, the engine seller in the market will not see engine to sell.. So engine seller need market to survive o ...but for me personally I will rather import all my stuff ,than risk buying fake or substandard product from the market...

As a matter of fact the engine oil I sell , I sell at a discount price that the profit is not worth it for me anymore . So eventually I will stop selling and keep them for uber cars once I increase my fleet... how many times do I come and complain of engine issue or car issue on the forum? Biko I can't kill myself and save everybody . life is too short.
Hmmm. A lot of us are not aware of the dangers of the 20w50. People are still producing the oil and so the problem continues. We will get there when the mechanics are determined to make our cars to last longer on the road. But 90 percent of the blame goes to the owners of the cars. They buy any oil just to save costs and in the end blame their smartness on us. How can someone allow his mechanic to use xhp 20w50 on his 2013 range rover evoque? This is the sad reality that we are facing and we need to do something about the ignorance among the people who patronize the oil.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 7:24am On Oct 26, 2019
sooperrescue:

Hmmm. A lot of us are not aware of the dangers of the 20w50. People are still producing the oil and so the problem continues. We will get there when the mechanics are determined to make our cars to last longer on the road. But 90 percent of the blame goes to the owners of the cars. They buy any oil just to save costs and in the end blame their smartness on us. How can someone allow his mechanic to use xhp 20w50 on his 2013 range rover evoque? This is the sad reality that we are facing and we need to do something about the ignorance among the people who patronize the oil.

Me I just tired o .. The real winners are engine sellers in ladipo.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 7:32am On Oct 26, 2019
easysunny:

Where's your shop located? And I hope you have the right oil filter too. What are the prices? I mean the 5w20 and oil filter.

You can call my business line 0703 672 6481 and my Nigeria contact will attend to you . Am not based in Nigeria. I export the goods from USA to Nigeria .. The oil filter for your Honda pilot I don't carry.. Not very common enough to buy in bulk

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (36) (Reply)

SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) / In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.