Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,582 members, 7,944,757 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 12:09 AM

Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils - Car Talk (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils (99849 Views)

..... The Importance Of Mobil1 Engine Oil / Can Mobil1 Annual Protection Motor Oil Truly Give 20,000Miles/1Yr Of Protection? / Mobil1 5W 30 Fully Synthetic Oil Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by radautoworks: 7:56am On Oct 26, 2019
easysunny:

Where's your shop located? And I hope you have the right oil filter too. What are the prices? I mean the 5w20 and oil filter.

5,000 mile Filter http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=RFI&partNumber=R84356MP N1,456

Your car specification is conventional and doesn't require synthetic but you can use it if you want to go longer between oil changes. A 5 quart jug will do.

Conventional http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ610-5QT N10,180

Synthetic http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ920-5QT N16,728

Oil-tober 22 liter promo
https://www.nairaland.com/4816308/fluid-specs-q-thread/11#83410350

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Jakend: 6:22am On Nov 02, 2019
Please which oil will you recommend for Toyota Camry 2009.I bought it 8months ago with 84k miles but it shorts oil..I travel 3-4 times in a week as I work about 50km away.
Thanks...
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 7:01am On Nov 02, 2019
Jakend:
Please which oil will you recommend for Toyota Camry 2009.I bought it 8months ago with 84k miles but it shorts oil..I travel 3-4 times in a week as I work about 50km away.
Thanks...

the 2az engine is known to short oil. if

1. You have been using the recommended oil weight 5w20 or 5w30 sythetic and judiciously changed oil as at when due then continue but be mindful and watch the oil guage regularly or you can try 10w40 and see a change.

2. if you have been using 20w50 oil weight, those are junk oil that will aggravate the oil burn in the Engine. continue with the junk but reduce your change interval and start saving for a new engine. probably an Asian made 2azfe.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by thebigkendo(m): 1:04pm On Nov 02, 2019
nurey:

the 2az engine is known to short oil. if

1. You have been using the recommended oil weight 5w20 or 5w30 sythetic and judiciously changed oil as at when due then continue but be mindful and watch the oil guage regularly or you can try 10w40 and see a change.

2. if you have been using 20w50 oil weight, those are junk oil that will aggravate the oil burn in the Engine. continue with the junk but reduce your change interval and start saving for a new engine. probably an Asian made 2azfe.

According to OP, Car is just 8months in(assuming it's toks).. 20w50 would have not caused so much halm.. So I humblely disagree with your 2nd point
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 1:24pm On Nov 02, 2019
thebigkendo:

According to OP, Car is just 8months in(assuming it's toks).. 20w50 would have not caused so much halm.. So I humblely disagree with your 2nd point

Your claim maybe right but if you are an adherent buyer of tokunbo cars, you will agree with me the car didn't arrive our shores the month op bought the car, also the dealer didn't let the car sit there.

8months, if he used 20w50 kazeem will tell him to change it every 3 months, that's 3times already using 20w50 or 4times if he serviced it immediately he got the keys.

My reply is just a postulate, his Engine may just be showing symptoms of age and factory defect or he may just be the scape goat that always manifest when manufacturer standard isn't followed
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by thebigkendo(m): 2:01pm On Nov 02, 2019
nurey:

Your claim maybe right but if you are an adherent buyer of tokunbo cars, you will agree with me the car didn't arrive our shores the month op bought the car, also the dealer didn't let the car sit there.

8months, if he used 20w50 kazeem will tell him to change it every 3 months, that's 3times already using 20w50 or 4times if he serviced it immediately he got the keys.

My reply is just a postulate, his Engine may just be showing symptoms of age and factory defect or he may just be the scape goat that always manifest when manufacturer standard isn't followed

At bolded..Do your maths again grin grin
8 months whether 1 oil change or 7 with 20w-50 would not have don't that much damage..

But if na naija used motor he bought 8 month ago.. Cased closed grin grin

I totally agree with your last paragraph
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by salam12(m): 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2019
Experts in the house, recommended oil spec for my 2016 Toyota Rav4 is 0/20W. Can you please recommend reliable merchants that can deliver synthetic variants outside Lagos.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Jakend: 8:51pm On Nov 02, 2019
I bought the car on copart and it arrived early march.
I have serviced the car four times since I took delivery of the vehicle.
1.prime guard 0w20- late april
2.total 5w40 16 July.
3 total 20w50-late August
4total20w50-late sept.
I stay in Ilorin,Kwara state and synthetic oils are not readily available
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 9:21pm On Nov 02, 2019
Jakend:
2.total 5w40 16 July.
4total20w50-late sept.

continue with the 20w50 ensure you don't exceed 3k km or 3months whichever comes 1st. Check the guage regularly also check if your Engine is smoking with or without accelerator depressed.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:27am On Nov 03, 2019
salam12:
Experts in the house, recommended oil spec for my 2016 Toyota Rav4 is 0/20W. Can you please recommend reliable merchants that can deliver Ksynthetic variants outside Lagos.
Addinol engine oil is your best bet. I also know that limited supply of Castrol engine oil is available. Check out addinol and you will get the dealer details
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:31am On Nov 03, 2019
Jakend:
2.total 5w40 16 July.
4total20w50-late sept.
Flush the engine and use the right oil. Since the car came into the country, you have been using the wrong engine oil. Your car uses 5w20 or 0w20 with resource conserving. I will advise you to call the addinol dealer and get 5w20 from him. It is one of the best in the market.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by adeeva06(f): 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
Boss,

Recommended transmission fluid for 2004 honda civic? Where to get it?

sooperrescue:

Flush the engine and use the right oil. Since the car came into the country, you have been using the wrong engine oil. Your car uses 5w20 or 0w20 with resource conserving. I will advise you to call the addinol dealer and get 5w20 from him. It is one of the best in the market.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dicksonadams(m): 7:53pm On Nov 04, 2019
adeeva06:
Boss,

Cc lovinhubby
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
dicksonadams:

Cc lovinhubby
Total mvlv dexron 6 transmission fluid
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by mcvities(m): 10:46pm On Nov 05, 2019
Please I need an urgent answer to this, I drive a 2003 Toyota Corolla that was brought in earlier this year and driven by someone else for six Months before it was sent down to me, I have driven the car for close to two months plus and I want to do an oil change and oil filter change, I don't know the last oil that was used but the recommended oil from the owners manual and even the oil cap is 5W30, At this moment, since I don't know which oil it was serviced with the last time, what is the recommended oil that I should use?

The car has about 160,000+ miles on it.

Please, for any recommended oil, where can I get it, I am residing in Port Harcourt.

Please treat as urgent
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dollarnaira: 11:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
In fact i laugh most times when u guys argue over oil to use.Google stuffs about oil u will b shocked that we all v bn deceived.No oil no matter d 'W' number so far it is d latest technology.It remains a myth to believe this old story as per "3 months or 3km which ever comes first".How do u expect the oil market to sell if we don't do as they say?

Google this info as to when to change ur oil and type of oil to use,you will see that most site still copy paste d old myth stated above.ONLY VERY FEW WILL TELL YOU THE TRUTH.

ONE MAJOR FACTOR THAT DAMAGE YOUR RINGS IS WHEN U START UP UR CAR AND REV UNCONTROLLABLY.

DONT WASTE UR MONEY...
OIL CHANGE DEPENDS ALSO ON HOW OFTEN YOU DRIVE UR CAR N AT A PARTICULAR SPEED.

THINK!!!
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by radautoworks: 8:20am On Nov 06, 2019
dollarnaira:
In fact i laugh most times when u guys argue over oil to use.Google stuffs about oil u will b shocked that we all v bn deceived.No oil no matter d 'W' number so far it is d latest technology.It remains a myth to believe this old story as per "3 months or 3km which ever comes first".How do u expect the oil market to sell if we don't do as they say?

Google this info as to when to change ur oil and type of oil to use,you will see that most site still copy paste d old myth stated above.ONLY VERY FEW WILL TELL YOU THE TRUTH.

ONE MAJOR FACTOR THAT DAMAGE YOUR RINGS IS WHEN U START UP UR CAR AND REV UNCONTROLLABLY.

DONT WASTE UR MONEY...

THINK!!!

2 Likes

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by kelvinmnet(m): 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
adeeva06:
Boss,

For my own Civic 2005, I used ATF DW1.
I got this info online.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by AshipaEk0: 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
dollarnaira:

DONT WASTE UR MONEY...

THINK!!!

i'm sorry for you.

desist from misleading others.

3000km in sanwoolu's lagos traffic/roads is = to 12,000km on oyinbo freeway

you should think harder
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dollarnaira: 2:40am On Nov 09, 2019
AshipaEk0:

i'm sorry for you.

desist from misleading others.

3000km in sanwoolu's lagos traffic/roads is = to 12,000km on oyinbo freeway

you should think harder

3000 mile i supposed.
Think hardest.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by lubehouse9ja(m): 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2019
You can contact me if you need American Castrol synthetic oil or Germany German Adler Synthetic oil.. Location Lagos and Kano.
Jakend:
2.total 5w40 16 July.
4total20w50-late sept.

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2019
What is the difference between the white and gold color Castrol and what is the difference between the Adler 5w30 and Oando 5w30?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by connkg(m): 2:32pm On Dec 06, 2019
@sooperrescue
I've come again to present another oil I saw. I've been quietly using my Mobil1 USA full syn 5-30 until I saw a new semi-syn non-USA 5-30. Mobil 2000, they call it.
I asked for the price and temptation reared up. (I can now afford rice this border closure season, if I buy this now for my next oil change)
Question: what are the downsides to a 15yr old Honda v6 too used to burning full-syn, if I go semi-syn. Both 5-30.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by theoilguy: 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2019
We have Mobil 1 extended performance Full Synthetic 5w20 and 5w30 in stock. We also have Castrol Extended Performance 0w20, 5w20 and 5w30 in stock at discounted prices.

Contact us to order now.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by 9icetoo(m): 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2019
Jakend:
2.total 5w40 16 July.
4total20w50-late sept.
Why did you service the car this often. From Apr till now, it should have been serviced a maximum of 2 times with the recommended oil.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by 9icetoo(m): 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2019
mcvities:
Please I need an urgent answer to this, I drive a 2003 Toyota Corolla that was brought in earlier this year and driven by someone else for six Months before it was sent down to me, I have driven the car for close to two months plus and I want to do an oil change and oil filter change, I don't know the last oil that was used but the recommended oil from the owners manual and even the oil cap is 5W30, At this moment, since I don't know which oil it was serviced with the last time, what is the recommended oil that I should use?

The car has about 160,000+ miles on it.

Please, for any recommended oil, where can I get it, I am residing in Port Harcourt.

Please treat as urgent
Go to any eterna filling station and buy Castrol 5w30. Doesn't matter if it's synthetic, synthetic blend or conventional. It's a corolla. If you use synthetic, you are good for 5000miles or 6 months. If you use conventional, 3000 miles or 3 months.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by radautoworks: 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2019
connkg:
@sooperrescue
I've come again to present another oil I saw. I've been quietly using my Mobil1 USA full syn 5-30 until I saw a new semi-syn non-USA 5-30. Mobil 2000, they call it.
I asked for the price and temptation reared up. (I can now afford rice this border closure season, if I buy this now for my next oil change)
Question: what are the downsides to a 15yr old Honda v6 too used to burning full-syn, if I go semi-syn. Both 5-30.
might as well downgrade to conventional

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by theoilguy: 2:14am On Dec 07, 2019
salam12:
Experts in the house, recommended oil spec for my 2016 Toyota Rav4 is 0/20W. Can you please recommend reliable merchants that can deliver synthetic variants outside Lagos.

Contact us
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by connkg(m): 10:48am On Dec 07, 2019
radautoworks:
might as well downgrade to conventional

@radautoworks
That bad? Do you mean conventional 5-30? If so, what can I expect?

I sometimes think full-syn is too thin for the v6. I get good mileage, runs clean and all, but I am careful with checking my cooling and condenser fan relays because of an unpleasant overheating experience. I plan to try 1litre of this Mobil2000 semi-syn 5-30 on my gen first (gen has been sharing USA Mobil1 5-30 since)
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by lubehouse9ja(m): 11:19am On Dec 07, 2019
Full synthetic not too thin for any engine the size depends on the sae u can downgrade and upgrade anytime.. It's depends on your pocket and your service interval drops, but it's advisable to use manufacturer recommendation.. Just make sure you use quality oil to avoid slodge in your engine and you get good fuel economy.
connkg:

@radautoworks

I sometimes think full-syn is too thin for the v6. I get good mileage, runs clean and all, but I am careful with checking my cooling and condenser fan relays because of an unpleasant overheating experience. I plan to try 1litre of this Mobil2000 semi-syn 5-30 on my gen first (gen has been sharing USA Mobil1 5-30 since)

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by radautoworks: 12:41pm On Dec 07, 2019
connkg:

@radautoworks

I quote Yoda : "do or do not, there is no try".

Conventional or synthetic. There is no blend. Cost is really not an issue because yes conventional is cheaper but changes are more frequent so it's your call.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by connkg(m): 12:46am On Dec 08, 2019
radautoworks:

I quote Yoda : "do or do not, there is no try".

Conventional or synthetic. There is no blend. Cost is really not an issue because yes conventional is cheaper but changes are more frequent so it's your call.

Thank you.
I'll quote Obama: "Yes, we can (do)"

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (36) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.