Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,985 members, 7,873,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State (22820 Views)

How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC / 17 Dead After Chinese-owned Seven-story Building Collapsed In Cambodia / Nigeria Moves To Recover $3 Billion From Chinese Owned Addax Petroleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by Memphis357(m): 11:35am On Nov 15, 2016
Same as that Indian firm ISON BPO.......
The staffs managing their call centers are over worked and underpaid.
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 15, 2016
I don't know if I am sounding racist or something, but I have always hated Lebanese and Asians in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by gbomojomo(m): 11:39am On Nov 15, 2016
THE OUTSOURCE COMPANIES DEDUCT TAX FROM YOUR SALARY EVERY MONTH WITHOUT REMITTING IT TO THE GOVERNMENT. EVERYBODY IS AFRAID TO COMPLAIN. THERE IS A SERIOUS RACKET GOING ON BETWEEN THE OUTSOURCED COMPANIES AND THE HUAWEI HR

4 Likes

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by Mopolchi: 11:42am On Nov 15, 2016
holatin:
you no lense , abi you no see d case was brought to the d ear of the goverment on june 14 2014.
Read b4 commenting,buhari is not d cause of all nigeria and your promblem
What do you mean by the bolded? If he is not, let him provide solution and not aggravate the problem.

3 Likes

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by atirolu(m): 11:43am On Nov 15, 2016
How does nigeria treat its own people ?

does govt even pay staff regularly

What about half salary by some state govt

even the govt disobey court order

Now u want foreign company to be up and doing

A good country lead by example.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by batstan(m): 11:46am On Nov 15, 2016
abumeinben:

Disagree with what bro?

Do you work in Ericsson or Huawei?

This is not just a write-up...it's what's going on

True, I was a victim of their inhuman modus operandi. No letter of employment, hence, no prior notice to terminate your contract. Our immigration is filthy, a dude usually come to the office for brown envelope and make paper there for them.

4 Likes

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by AreaFada2: 11:48am On Nov 15, 2016
Very shameful. The elite treat fellow Nigerians with contempt, so they won't see anything wrong with it.

Even a woman brought from poverty and cleaned up by her rich hubby can pour a house maid hot water. Maim & disfigure her seriously and nothing happens.

2 Likes

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by uzolexis(f): 11:48am On Nov 15, 2016
abumeinben:

Disagree with what bro?

Do you work in Ericsson or Huawei?

This is not just a write-up...it's what's going on

Very true, my brother works there and this article is very on point.

2 Likes

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by batstan(m): 11:49am On Nov 15, 2016
undecided[quote author=Mopolchi post=51050883] What do you mean by the bolded? If he is not, let him provide solution and not aggravate the problem.
SMH.
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by hadura29(m): 11:50am On Nov 15, 2016
WomanOfRace:
I remember 99, I was 9years then. As a kid then,i will sing "welcome to Nigeria 99" world cup song with this happiness and wonderful imaginations in my mind. I also enjoy "That's peak papilo" advert that Nigeria was everything the dream i want. Nigeria was like a beautiful Saturday morning,a delicious pot of Jollof rice. I still miss then and wish for those feelings then.

What are we now? what happened to us?

There was a country for sure.

Then military handed over power and all was good then... I wish we still had the military though...

All these agbada people don scatter this country..

2 Likes

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by buchilino(m): 11:53am On Nov 15, 2016
THOUGH I DISAPPROVE ILL TREATMENT OF PPLE, BUT IN DIS OCCASION, I DON'T FEEL SYMPATHETIC 2 NIGERIANS. 3 YRS OLD, A GOOD FRIEND OF.MINE DAT WORKS AT IMMIGRATION LAGOS WAS BADLY BEATEN BY NIGERIAN STAFF OF CCECC. DIS GUY N HIS TEAM OF OFFICERS HAD GONE TO D COMPANY 2 EFFECT ARREST OF UNDOCUMENTED FOREIGNERS. IN D END IT WAS DER NIGERIAN WORKERS DAT NOT ONLY BEAT THEM, BUT THEY CALLED POLICE N FALSELY ACCUSED THEM OF TRYING 2 KIDNAP DER OGAS. NIGERIANS TRULY DESERVE WAT THEY R GETTING.

5 Likes

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by yedidiah(m): 11:54am On Nov 15, 2016
With the excesses of some of these foreign companies, I sometime wish we had a President like Robert Mugabe
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by LastSurvivor11: 11:55am On Nov 15, 2016
I work with Huawei abuja office, believe me, we are in a deep poo with Chinese just that atol atol na em bad pass..

4 Likes

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by WomanOfRace(f): 11:57am On Nov 15, 2016
hadura29:

Then military handed over power and all was good then... I wish we still had the military though...

All these agbada people don scatter this country..

You are right. They have ruined this great Country.

2 Likes

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by buchilino(m): 11:59am On Nov 15, 2016
batstan:

True, I was a victim of their inhuman modus operandi. No letter of employment, hence, no prior notice to terminate your contract. Our immigration is filthy, a dude usually come to the office for brown envelope and make paper there for them.

BROS D PROBLEM ISN'T NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION, BUT OUR POLITICIANS. HAVEN'T U NOTICED DAT SOME COMPANIES R UNTOUCHABLE. I PITY ANY IMMIGRATION OFFICER DAT GOES 2 PLACES LIKE JULIUS BERGER, MTN, GLO, SAMSUNG ETC TO ARREST AN UNDOCUMENTED FOREIGNER. IN D NEXT POSTING HE OR SHE WILL FIND THEMSELVES AT PLACES LIKE JIGAWA, TARABA, OR ZAMFARA STATE. I NO SOME WHO HAVE DIS EXPERIENCES.

3 Likes

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by LorDBolton(m): 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2016
Yeligray:
All this newz just d bore me...all dz chinese pple wey no get strength ...i just d laugh.

Bros u funny o

Google the sino-indian war, check out the harsh mountain climbs and compare it to our 'soldiers' who flee from BH.

Hand-to-hand an average Chinese man will beat the shiit out of you.

2 Likes

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by saintmark88(m): 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2016
Abeg I have lost hope, because of govt comes out to take action, Nigerians will still come to their defence and say its dictatorship... Bubu is a dictator, he wants to take d small jobs that we have........ We r filled with double standard... Hatred, bigotry, sentiments, religion, sectarianism has eaten deep into our system.

If govt does something drastic, I'll c pple coming to tell d govt thts not how to do it, they b saying "there r ways u tackle this situation ". Ask dem to list the ways to tackle it, they have no idea... But because they heard someone say so, they just adopt it

1 Like

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by prince088: 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2016
Go to 2nd building, Orientals. Its filled up with contract staffs paid just about 105k per month, running day and night shifts 24/7 with no allowance or whatever.

If any action is taken, some clowns will come and shout about scaring investors away. I tire for my country.

2 Likes

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by Emassive(m): 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2016
It happens in many Coys and lots are beginning to see that they can exploit Even the Graduates due to the fact that there are few jobs. PZ plays politics with their staffs and lay them off for silly reason. The head of SC by name Costas is a Greek and to my direct personal knowledge has oversoon 2 First Class brilliant Staffs leave in less than 1yr just because he says " she blows hot and cold".... Chi is run by Indians and we didn't take the job when an offer came due to some findings. plus they had hurriedly increase their offer by over 80% knowing we got a better offer elsewhere due to the high working experience. Nigeria is more or less a Zoon..
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by prince088: 12:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
saintmark88:
Abeg I have lost hope, because of govt comes out to take action, Nigerians will still come to their defence and say its dictatorship... Bubu is a dictator, he wants to take d small jobs that we have........ We r filled with double standard... Hatred, bigotry, sentiments, religion, sectarianism has eaten deep into our system.

If govt does something drastic, I'll c pple coming to tell d govt thts not how to do it, they b saying "there r ways u tackle this situation ". Ask dem to list the ways to tackle it, they have no idea... But because they heard someone say so, they just adopt it

Chia....like u knew what i wanted to type. I already made this assertion too. The case with banks still fresh in our memories

1 Like

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
jeeqaa7:
na we do ourselves
God bless you.
Do we even care about ourselves?
See hiw we treat each other eg. on this forum
Then its outsiders that will respect us.
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by ephi123(f): 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
Where is the minister of Labour?
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by banio: 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
The government must sit up and stop this slavery. It's pathetic that we are slaves in our con3. Virtually all companies are into slave labour in Nigeria. My brother has been working as a slave in Chevron for 3years, Chevron calls them VTP/OTP trainees. No leave for three years, No medical for all the lethal chemicals they inhale etc.
http://abbeylist.com/host-communities-issue-14-day-ultimatum-to-chevron/?fdx_switcher=true
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by winj: 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2016
You should complain about the Nigerians they bribe to make this happen!
Do not blame them, blame your yeye country!

1 Like

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by HyDef(m): 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
Ooh... That really sucks...
Now can someone get me a Mate 9? :p
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by ruggedlaw(m): 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2016
For the very first time I totally agree and affirm the veracity of a report emanating from Sahara reporters. I had a first hand experience with this company in 2009 while representing a client whose contract was unlawfully terminated, reason they gave was that they want to embark on end - to - end whatever. I cannot forget the first time I walked into their office and immediately felt I was in China! The only Nigerian staff I met on the floor complained bitterly about the treatment the Chinese were dishing out to the Nigerians in the own country! I had series of meetings with the top management and I could recall wandering whether our laws on expatriate quota has been reviewed considering the number of Chinese being shipped into the Country, I noticed that at least 2 coaster buses arrive every evening filled with Chinese that were obviously taken from rice farms! they pay them hourly in US $ while the Nigerians that do the bulk of the jobs were paid peanuts monthly. I was so infuriated that I refused to give them a soft landing and threatened to go to court, that was when they took me to another of their office in that VI and called tbeir headquarters to negotiate with me because the obviously didn't want to go to court -- they almost poisoned me through tea,, I refused to drink claiming it was not made in my presence and also they should have asked if I cared for tea or coffee, men! you should have seen their faces when I refused to yield! They are criminals to say the least.

6 Likes

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by FakoMaybach1: 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
Ngige work don come your table oooo...it is not by threatening banks oya come and get into our good books, This is why the Jonathan govt beats that of Buhari; Jonathan had listening ear, when people cried he listened even when the people were misguided like in the subsidy case.

Dr chris Ngige come and fight for your people

1 Like

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by logicab: 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
nely:
so who will fight for the poor masses
...the masses should fight for themselves.
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by nextstep(m): 1:40pm On Nov 15, 2016
Hehe we're complaining about foreign companies when Nigerian companies do much much worse:

- they can hold staff salary for months. So many people I know have not gotten salary for three months in different companies around Nigeria

- when is the last time any of them paid the tax in the full amount due?

- if you complain, they will ask you to go kia kia since there are many looking for your job

- they can be abusive and some bosses beat their staff

Until we learn to call Nigerian companies to account, all this noise about foreign companies is just noise.
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by repogirl(f): 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
Not surprised...those guys can be really crooked if you let them get away with it. They give quick employment to the stupid elites kin, pacify with gifts and spoil them silly just to have them under their thumb. Then the stupid elite will waive due process. Na their way.

Chinese crooks.

1 Like

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by repogirl(f): 1:59pm On Nov 15, 2016
FakoMaybach1:
Ngige work don come your table oooo...it is not by threatening banks oya come and get into our good books, This is why the Jonathan govt beats that of Buhari; Jonathan had listening ear, when people cried he listened even when the people were misguided like in the subsidy case.

Dr chris Ngige come and fight for your people
that ine is a fool and will be a tool in their hands. Except you have a strong mind, those Chinese can make you lose your way. They will so bribe you and spoil you. The harder you are the more the bribes sef...not bribes exactly. More like gifts and pampering.

They will come to your house almost everyday, lavish stuff on you, act like you are awesome friends, promise you contracts where you will gain lots of money from, employ any member(s) of your family or anyone you refer to them.

Best thing is to chop them and still demand that they do the right thing but many Nigerians don't bother after they have been nicely treated.

2 Likes

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by khalids: 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2016
I think we cant just continue to talk, were is our petitions to the minister and house of representative, where are the placards showing our displeasure, where are our labour leaders that should have moved down to their office to show displeasure.....Where is our immigration service that foreigners have over stayed their time here but have not been deported....where is the outrage in our print and news media......

THIS IS NOT ONLY GOVT FAILURE, ITS A COLLECTIVE FAILURE, WE WANT CHANGE BUT NOBODY WANTS TO TAKE ACTION

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription / Crypto Dilemma: Banking Public, Regulators Differ On Cryptocurrencies / Worst Bank In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.