Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,152 members, 7,916,377 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:02 PM

How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State (22854 Views)

How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC / 17 Dead After Chinese-owned Seven-story Building Collapsed In Cambodia / Nigeria Moves To Recover $3 Billion From Chinese Owned Addax Petroleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by Onegai(f): 2:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
Why are people bleating about this? Nothing will be done, no-one cares and nobody cares enough to fight in public and in the law courts. This topic won't even get 4 pages of reasonable comments, especially once a thread about what Tonto or Wizkid or E-money wore to some event, pops up.

I'm tired of Nigeria TBH...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by Josmila(m): 2:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
houstonia:
Sometimes I don't blame just them, you need to see Nigerians in the senior Huawei positions doing same to their subordinates

I share your sentiments bro. Nigerians in senior positions are the major undoing of their fellow Nigerians in most of these companies. I tell you this because I know, it's happening in one of the biggest hotels in Lagos. Nigerians in management positions maltreat their countrymen, negotiate better packages with these companies to the detriment of others. They always want to look good in the eyes of the foreigners, hence use witch hunting as a tool

1 Like

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by gbishman: 2:38pm On Nov 15, 2016
Why are we complaining, have u seen how chineses treat themselves.
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by willibounce1(m): 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
For people shouting ministry of labour, please go to their office on fowler Road close to immigration office and tell me if anything good can come out of that kinda office. The minister of labour should not be waiting to hear stories like this. He and his team should discover all these nonsense themselves. But na lie... na to sit down for office enjoy AC e sabi.
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
Blame nigerians for the way they are treated, they are the ones who likes to lick the chinese people's ass at work.
chinese people work for me over here in london.
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by Yeligray(m): 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2016
LorDBolton:

Bros u funny o

Google the sino-indian war, check out the harsh mountain climbs and compare it to our 'soldiers' who flee from BH.

Hand-to-hand an average Chinese man will beat the shiit out of you.
where you there when they where climbing the mountain?.... Where you there when the Nigerian army fleed Boko haram...
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by Yeligray(m): 4:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
LorDBolton:

Bros u funny o

Google the sino-indian war, check out the harsh mountain climbs and compare it to our 'soldiers' who flee from BH.

.where you there when the chinese where climbing the mountain( u sabi hw many mountain i don climb)... Where you there when the Nigerian army fleed boko haram(cuz according to my account boko haram are in hidding from the galant soldiers.). Are you sure a chinese can beat me (cuz frm my account i rememba that i'm a Nigerian). Been thru hardship bro. Thatz what makes me a Man.
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by 3Ceagle(m): 5:02pm On Nov 15, 2016
Indians and Chinese do not respect the laws of Nigeria. This is because they are backed by Nigerian promoters and investor whose primary and only aim is to make profit. These set of people with the help of Nigerian professional(HR,Lawyers, tax, audit, accountants) etc,help them to perpetrate all sort of evil against the people and the Nigerian government. They subject their employees to in human and slave contract, evade all sort of taxes payment, malicious transfer of statutory responsibilities to Nigerian contractors and repatriate huge funds back to their countries. Because our statutory laws are inconsistent, and enforcement is corrupt, these Indians and Chinese exploit every loop holes available to rape this this country. The first time I went to Huawei office I thought I was in China, sitting on a table to discuss business with them was the worst. They are just unbelievable.They don't pay on agreement, they slash your invoice values without any explanation, you have to go to court sometimes to get you full due on agreement or service delivered. How did this people get into this country? On the Nigerians working there, you can feel the intimidation they received just to put food on their table. I don't blame those who have lost hope in this country, because the government just don't care.
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by hadura29(m): 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
WomanOfRace:

You are right. They have ruined this great Country.

I am telling you. Hmmmmm.. how did we even get here..

Naija must be great again...

1 Like

Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by themanderon: 7:02pm On Nov 15, 2016
Most of the things listed in that article is true for most of those Chinese, Indian and Lebanese companies. sadly our government looks the other way while its citizens are raped on a daily basis. Nigeria what did we do to deserve these kind of wickedness we have in this country?
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by CioAngels(f): 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2016
President buhari, past and present leaders knows the activities of these asians and they won't say anything becos of the bribe they are taken from them. Chinese people know Nigeria to be a corrupt and bribe taken country, for that they have bought Nigerian workers as their slave in full glare of our leaders. These slave treatment we get is in all their companies and they all live like kings and queens all over the country with no legal documents becos customs who should act take bribe and look the other way. What Nigerians cannot do in their own country. To asians, they own the country and there is nothing Nigerian government can do to them. Infact, Indian government threatend to deport Nigerians once, what Nigeria cannot voice out. Imagine India, there are supposed Nigerian owned company an Indian is the man at the top and Indian prisoners are brought to work in the factories and get paid higher than the graduate that do meaningful jobs. Becos our policy makers are thieves and cannot manage anything successfuly with all their imppressive dossiers, this would have been the time Nigeria should give Asians, Idi amin's Ugandan doses. Our leaders are the problem we have, by His grace, one day a Jerry rawlings will surface in Nigeria. Asians (not Japanese) are dubious that is why our leaders use them. You give them contract of 5k you tell them to use 3k to build you mansion and they will take 1.5k and 500# for the job. Nigerian leaders, shame to you all. Imagine the dwarf rufai and audu ogbeh, may you be buried in shame. We are talking about chinese 75%, why should we complain when the man fighting corruption is employement corruption himself who recently employed 75% northerners while 25% is left for South south, East and West that is if they will be employed atal.
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 15, 2016
LorDBolton:

Bros u funny o

Bro don't use jet li as your assumption.
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by fruzzy: 9:13pm On Nov 15, 2016
interested in making some cash with your smart phone?..inbox me through my signature
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by abumeinben(m): 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
batstan:

True, I was a victim of their inhuman modus operandi. No letter of employment, hence, no prior notice to terminate your contract. Our immigration is filthy, a dude usually come to the office for brown envelope and make paper there for them.

I'm a victim of this last one..

@enbolden ... Seriously?
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by micfoley: 9:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
Have a family friend who worked with Huawei for some years. He told me about all this stuff back then. He was laid off last year.
Kudos to Sahara reporters for this expose. I just hope the authorities do the needful
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by humblelyf(m): 10:04pm On Nov 15, 2016
Bolustic:
Ministry of Labour, the National Assembly has a lot of work to rectify this anomaly. It's so pathetic.

Unfortunately, by the time the FG, through the DSS start dealing with these saboteurs, our smelly mouth ignoramus would start forming Economists, Lawyers, Human Right Activists, Judges.
they should be dealt with but strictly according to the law sir.
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by LorDBolton(m): 6:00am On Nov 16, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Bro don't use jet li as your assumption.

Lols I be small pikin? U for talk Jackie chan not jet li wey dey use stuntman + many film trick equipments.

Anyway we blacks too think say na we strong pass sha, no reason am
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by manikspears: 7:10pm On Nov 16, 2016
holatin:
you need lense, abi you no see d case was brought to the d ear of the goverment on june 14 2014.
Read b4 commenting,buhari is not d cause of all nigeria and your promblem
You dey mind am, lazy reader both on nairaland and real life, no be Jonathan start this slave trade?ison bpo, tech mahindra, Huawei, etc na who dey in power when them enter Nigeria. Nigeria has been sold and we are being decided by cheap labour and that thing called NLC is an association of thieves
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by Origin(f): 11:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
Senate should review labour law. Its archaic and does nothing for the Nigerian employee.

On a lighter note: How can you differentiate or catch a Chinese since they all look alike. Maybe they used one passport to bring 300 people. Immigration will have record of just one Chinese. Lol
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by holatin(m): 1:01pm On Nov 18, 2016
manikspears:

You dey mind am, lazy reader both on nairaland and real life, no be Jonathan start this slave trade?ison bpo, tech mahindra, Huawei, etc na who dey in power when them enter Nigeria. Nigeria has been sold and we are being decided by cheap labour and that thing called NLC is an association of thieves
nlc wey no dey fight for labour force but their pocket force
Re: How Chinese-owned Huawei Mistreats Staff And The Nigerian State by manikspears: 5:33pm On Nov 18, 2016
holatin:
nlc wey no dey fight for labour force but their pocket force
Na so o my brother, everybody Don resign from freedom fighting job, na pocket fighting them dey do now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Inaugurates Gold Refinery, Boosts Small-scale Mining / Friend Celebrates A Nigerian Female Graduate Who Is A Yam Seller - Pictures / Recession: Prices Of Food Soer Higher As Carton Of Fish Hit N22,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.