Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,027 members, 7,939,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:06 PM

Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th (8710 Views)

Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms / Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City / Jigawa State Govt Bans Daily Trust Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by 0sisi: 10:29pm On Nov 03, 2009
Sky Blue:

?? Because dog eating harms who?

how about dogs?
yes ke
why should you eat them,you no get goats for ya place?
una no fit rear chickens and sheep?
nama no reach una side?
why dogs?
mans best friend
Tufiakwa!
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by SkyBlue1: 10:33pm On Nov 03, 2009
0sisi:

how about dogs?
yes ke
why should you eat them,you no get goats for ya place?
una no fit rear chickens and sheep?
nama no reach una side?
why dogs?
mans best friend
Tufiakwa!

Why do you assume I eat dogs? Let me ask you a question. Do you eat meat or fish? If you do then you really have no moral justification for looking down your nose at those who eat dog. Who made dog man's best friend? When was this meeting held where it was agreed by all that dog is man's best friends? So chicken no get friend abi? People wey dey name their chicken bingo nko. Those ones no go dey vex say you dey chop bingo mama come christmas time? Abeg make I hia word. Tufiakwa yourself too, imagine the hypocricy. Unless you be vegan comot for road abeg  cheesy
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by toshmann(m): 10:35pm On Nov 03, 2009
osisi,
remember what God told peter . . ''arise, peter, kill and eat'' grin calabar people cant afford goat meat and cow meat as much as they can afford dogmeat grin
infact, the call it 404, and police dogs even better. that one na 505 grin

anyway, they like it, it's not killing them. and if it's man's best friend, u may want to ask, which man? american,british,efik?
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by SkyBlue1: 10:40pm On Nov 03, 2009
toshmann:

osisi,
remember what God told peter . . ''arise, peter, kill and eat'' grin calabar people cant afford goat meat and cow meat as much as they can afford dogmeat grin

anyway, they like it, it's not killing them. and if it's man's best friend, u may want to ask, which man? american,british,efik?

Thank you abeg, dog no be my friend, especially those naija dogs that like to chase people down and bite. They don't seem to have a problem attacking their so called "best friend".
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by donclemo(m): 11:46pm On Nov 03, 2009
They shall get used to it. it is just a matter of time after 3 months of treking the people of calabar will get used to the ban
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by KnowAll(m): 1:01am On Nov 04, 2009
Banning of Okada is an insensitive and elitist law that will impoverish half of the city of Calabar.

The fact that all it takes a hungry-man is to hop on his bike, do some run-around for a few hours and bingo like magic there is enough meal on the table for the wife and kids and there is pocket money for the kids to take to school. This mundane and subsistence livelihood will suddenly be snapped from the jaws of 120,000 individuals, if one were to consider the wives and children that will be affected by this in-humane law, then we are looking at a staggering figure of 450,000 people, It will mean the govement in her attempt to sanitise the city for the benefit of the few hundred upper class and middle class people have thrown 1/2 a million people to the dogs.

To support such a draconian law in a country where the is no income support is to suport indirect genocide, kwasikor epidemy , incessant and uncontrollable crime, and militancy. I thought the govement is meant to be the servant of the people and not the other way round. People wonder why there is armed robbers all over the place without actually taking stock of what policies the govement are dishing out to the people.

The Irony is that the stupid Governors that make such horrendous insensitive laws are not at the receiving end of men of the under-world, it is the innocent jobless citizens that feels the brunt.

The govement has no right to ban people's right to exist and fed for themselves. This is just an aesthetic law rather than a humane or altruistic one.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by selingel: 1:38am On Nov 04, 2009
But life will be hard with many there.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by OAM4J: 1:48am On Nov 04, 2009
KnowAll:

Banning of Okada is an insensitive and elitist law that will impoverish half of the city of Calabar.

The fact that all it takes a hungry-man is to hop on his bike, do some run-around for a few hours and bingo like magic there is enough meal on the table for the wife and kids and there is pocket money for the kids to take to school. This mundane and subsistence livelihood will suddenly be snapped from the jaws of 120,000 individuals, if one were to consider the wives and children that will be affected by this in-humane law, then we are looking at a staggering figure of 450,000 people, It will mean the govement in her attempt to sanitise the city for the benefit of the few hundred upper class and middle class people have thrown 1/2 a million people to the dogs.

To support such a draconian law in a country where the is no income support is to suport indirect genocide, kwasikor epidemy , incessant and uncontrollable crime, and militancy. I thought the govement is meant to be the servant of the people and not the other way round. People wonder why there is armed robbers all over the place without actually taking stock of what policies the govement are dishing out to the people.

The Irony is that the stupid Governors that make such horrendous insensitive laws are not at the receiving end of men of the under-world, it is the innocent jobless citizens that feels the brunt.

The govement has no right to ban people's right to exist and fed for themselves. This is just an aesthetic law rather than a humane or altruistic one.

I cannot agree with you less. Like I said earlier, banning these commercial cyclists is a cheap solution to whatever problem they cause. These people can be trained and retrained. And Government can put policies/rules in place to cub their excessiveness.

But now the Governor is going to give more than 100,000 people reasons why they should become armed robbers and kidnappers.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by gongoaso1: 2:57am On Nov 04, 2009
the word we nigerians hate most is change

and this time , its change for the better.
yes, okadas are a necessary evil. i have personally had a few instances where i had to thank God for okadas.
but how long are we going to cope with this evil

same excuse that zillions are going to be jobless was tendered when elrufai proposed banning okadas in abuja.
today, abuja is better for it.

okadas should be banned period.
we want to be classified as a developed country, how many developed countries have bikes as a means of transportation?
i beggi!!!
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by Fhemmmy: 2:59am On Nov 04, 2009
gongo aso:

the word we nigerians hate most is change

and this time , its change for the better.
yes, okadas are a necessary evil. i have personally had a few instances where i had to thank God for okadas.
but how long are we going to cope with this evil

same excuse that zillions are going to be jobless was tendered when elrufai proposed banning okadas in abuja.
today, abuja is better for it.

okadas should be banned period.
we want to be classified as a developed country, how many developed countries have bikes as a means of transportation?
i beggi!!!

if u were gonna ban stuff that gives livelihood to people, u must be willing to give them something else to feed on.
Wat is the current unemployment in Nigeria? imagine, what it will jump to with this kinda move.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by 0sisi: 3:07am On Nov 04, 2009
Sky Blue:

Why do you assume I eat dogs? Let me ask you a question. Do you eat meat or fish? If you do then you really have no moral justification for looking down your nose at those who eat dog. Who made dog man's best friend? When was this meeting held where it was agreed by all that dog is man's best friends? So chicken no get friend abi? People wey dey name their chicken bingo nko. Those ones no go dey vex say you dey chop bingo mama come christmas time? Abeg make I hia word. Tufiakwa yourself too, imagine the hypocricy. Unless you be vegan comot for road abeg cheesy

I say make you ride on with ya dog munching
Tufiakwa!
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by 0sisi: 3:09am On Nov 04, 2009
toshmann:

osisi,

Toshi nwa mama biko jie brake there
there is meat and there is meat
are Calabar people eating dogs because of poverty?
I feel like throwing up as I imagine bingo in a pot
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by gongoaso1: 3:12am On Nov 04, 2009
Fhemmmy:

if u were gonna ban stuff that gives livelihood to people, u must be willing to give them something else to feed on.
Wat is the current unemployment in Nigeria? imagine, what it will jump to with this kinda move.

chief, its exactly this sentimental psychology of nigerians that makes us remain in one spot.
stuff that gives livelihood to people? like kidnapping? like oil bunkering? like okada riding!

working a job that gives you a livelihood doesn't make that job right.
one cud start selling pure water on third mainland bridge. yeah ryt, say its the only source of livelihood and mustn't be banned, going by your logic.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by Fhemmmy: 3:31am On Nov 04, 2009
A job is rendering service in exchange for a wage . . . . so kidnapping, what is the service they renders?
Common, let us learn to compare apple to apple.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:45am On Nov 04, 2009
0sisi:

Toshi nwa mama biko jie brake there
there is meat and there is meat
are Calabar people eating dogs because of poverty?
I feel like throwing up as I imagine bingo in a pot

dan iska! The Indians feel the same way when they see your privileged ass eating a medium-rare steak.
Suggesting that Cross Rivers should ban dog-meat because they have banned okada's in Calabar is just plain arrogant.

Dog's have no loyalty to MAN. I repeat dog's have no loyalty to MAN. If you don;t understand why I say this go and read some Pavlov
I was upset when the Chinese government banned the consumption of Dog meat during the 2008 summer olympics, what utter hypocrisy. Unfortunately this world is filled with so many of them, 0sisi!
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by 0sisi: 4:01am On Nov 04, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

dan iska! The Indians feel the same way when they see your privileged ass eating a medium-rare steak.
Suggesting that Cross Rivers should ban dog-meat because they have banned okada's in Calabar is just plain arrogant.

Dog's have no loyalty to MAN. I repeat dog's have no loyalty to MAN. If you don;t understand why I say this go and read some Pavlov
I was upset when the Chinese government banned the consumption of Dog meat during the 2008 summer olympics, what utter hypocrisy. Unfortunately this world is filled with so many of them, 0sisi!

and all dog eaters shout To nu Jah!
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by Fhemmmy: 4:19am On Nov 04, 2009
i wonder how okada ban turns into dog eating contest.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by OAM4J: 4:22am On Nov 04, 2009
Me too I wonder o. cheesy
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by Fhemmmy: 4:27am On Nov 04, 2009
OAM4J:

Me too I wonder o. cheesy

well, i am surprised that so far, they are yet to turn it into a tribal war
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by gongoaso1: 4:45am On Nov 04, 2009
Fhemmmy:

A job is rendering service in exchange for a wage . . . . so kidnapping, what is the service they renders?
Common, let us learn to compare apple to apple.
maybe a bad analogy.
but getting a wage through okada riding doesn't make it right.

lighter note, perhaps the dogeaters should be concerned, probably less dogs run over by okadas cheesy
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by Fhemmmy: 4:48am On Nov 04, 2009
gongo aso:

maybe a bad analogy.
but getting a wage through okada riding doesn't make it right.

lighter note, perhaps the dogeaters should be concerned, probably less dogs run over by okadas cheesy

i see nothing wrong in people riding okada to make ends meet, they are able to go thru where cars cant go thru, i will admit that there is a need for proper training, but to abolish it will be a bad idea.
Traffic on Nigerian roads are too crazy to leave it to just cars, if they can dedicate some lane to some public transportations, then, that might work, however, for some deliver of mails and parcels, i think okada will be better, even the western world uses it for deliveries
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:49am On Nov 04, 2009
gongo aso:

lighter note, perhaps the dogeaters should be concerned, probably less dogs run over by okadas  cheesy

How many wild cows do you eat in a year? Most dog meat is bred strictly for consumption.

@ Fhemmmy the connection was made when Osisi said that the cross rivers government should be concerned with banning dog meat aswell
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by Fhemmmy: 4:51am On Nov 04, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

How many wild cows do you eat in a year? Most dog meat is bred strictly for consumption.

@ Fhemmmy the connection was made when Osisi said that the cross rivers government should be concerned with banning dog meat aswell

Lol . . .i feel u, but i see no reason why the 2 shd be compared at all.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:58am On Nov 04, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . .i feel u, but i see no reason why the 2 shd be compared at all.
Toh nagode, my sentiments exactly.
@ topic, the number of Okada riders in my estimation seems like a farce. How can there be 10% of a cities population http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calabar employed in one service. Lets say half of these riders have families of approximately 4. That means that 20-25% of Calabar will be effected by this massive steep in unemployment. Hopefully these newly unemployed riders will go and farm undecided
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by Fhemmmy: 5:03am On Nov 04, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

Toh nagode, my sentiments exactly.
@ topic, the number of Okada riders in my estimation seems like a farce. How can there be 10% of a cities population http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calabar employed in one service. Lets say half of these riders have families of approximately 4. That means that 20-25% of Calabar will be effected by this massive steep in unemployment. Hopefully these newly unemployed riders will go and farm undecided

how will pple that never touched hoe and cutlass in a long time will now all of a sudden just head to the farm cos they cant afford to feed anymore, like someone said, they will be busy kidnapping all the kidnapables
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:12am On Nov 04, 2009
Fhemmmy:

how will pple that never touched hoe and cutlass in a long time will now all of a sudden just head to the farm cos they cant afford to feed anymore, like someone said, they will be busy kidnapping all the kidnapables

You can learn to farm or I guess you can learn to Kidnap. In fact these unemployed can learn a lot of life skills with all the spare time on their hands.
I think it is stereotypical to assume that they will all become kidnappers
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by gongoaso1: 5:13am On Nov 04, 2009
@josboy
u from j-town?
particularly the 'two-syllabled localities down south of plateau.
this your dogmeat defense  lipsrsealed

@phemmy
the riders in the states where okadas have been banned, dont think any alternative jobs were provided. cos okada riding wasnt meant to be a source of livelihood in the first place.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by Fhemmmy: 5:17am On Nov 04, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

You can learn to farm or I guess you can learn to Kidnap. In fact these unemployed can learn a lot of life skills with all the spare time on their hands.
I think it is stereotypical to assume that they will all become kidnappers

learning to farm wont be a problem, as long as the govt is willing to give or lease lands for them, it will be easy as long as the govt is willing to equip them with money and equipment needed to make the farming a job and the govt is willing to help with how to sell the produce both locally and intenationally, else, why messing with their lives
gongo aso:

@phemmy
the riders in the states where okadas have been banned, dont think any alternative jobs were provided. cos okada riding wasnt meant to be a source of livelihood in the first place.

it is never meant to be a livelihood, but since it has been for years now, how do they plan to change their ways of life and taking away the only means of feeding that they know?
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:19am On Nov 04, 2009
gongo aso:

@josboy
u from j-town?
particularly the 'two-syllabled localities down south of plateau.
this your dogmeat defense  lipsrsealed

Yes I am sir. And which two-syllable locality are you referring too? Vom abi na Pankshin? Those two places get correct 404
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by Fhemmmy: 5:25am On Nov 04, 2009
Ok guys . . . had fun . . . good night.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:26am On Nov 04, 2009
Fhemmmy:

learning to farm wont be a problem, as long as the govt is willing to give or lease lands for them, it will be easy as long as the govt is willing to equip them with money and equipment needed to make the farming a job and the govt is willing to help with how to sell the produce both locally and intenationally, else, why messing with their lives

Government, government, government, Can't they do subsistence farming in the rural parts where land is cheap and affordable. Not everybody has to live in the metropolis.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by Fhemmmy: 5:27am On Nov 04, 2009
their means of income has been taking away from them and now where do u expect them to find money to pay for the land, regardless of how cheap it comes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? / APC Open To All Nigerians Interested In Development, Says Oyegun / If You Love The Jew, Then You Must Love The Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.