Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,867 members, 7,942,166 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (652734 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ab1x: 3:00am On Jul 29, 2013
Wonderful Doctors, Please I've been having problem with my ear for a while now. It all started when I tried cleaning my ear and I didn't know how I do it until I saw blood on the cotton bud. I can hear but only felt there is something sounding in my eardrum which maybe a result of olive oil that I put then. Now, my ear itch inside and I feel like scratching it and the sound still persist in my ear. During the day, I feel a lot better but at night, it is something else. Please and please, what can I do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mavrick2012: 9:35am On Jul 29, 2013
Gooday doctor.sir,as far back as 2004,when i was still in the polytechnic,i observed my head was heavy,after almost 9yrs am still havin the feelings.please what could be the problem and what should i do?THANKS
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dontap: 5:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
pheeeew!doc in d house as gone for mentanity leave and will be back till timely memorial! *stil chiling*
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 31, 2013
Doc i have a fingerlike growth around my majora bt it disappeared n others fell off bt i feel some growth inside my vagina dat is painless. Pls wat culd be d cause
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by fetok: 6:06am On Aug 01, 2013
May God bless the doctors in da house!pls i am 8month pregnant,and positive to hepatitis b surface antigen.I was told all i ve to do is to give the baby hepatitis B immunoglobulin followed by vaccine to prevent transverse transmission.
Pls how much does hepatitis B immunoglobulin cost in Nigeria?
All response ll be appreciated.thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dungas30(m): 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
Balogun: Health Checks. Doctor in the House

For all you Nairalanders I have decided to be your official doctor in the house. I have found this site so helpful in bonding me to my motherland I have decided to give medical advice with the usual disclaimer. This is just advice. Further treatment should be sought from your personal physician!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dungas30(m): 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2013
please my eating habit is very poor an i want to increase in size pls what advice do u have for me doctor
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by SalC: 2:50am On Aug 04, 2013
timmexus: I did genotype test in 1996 while result revealed AA, i got married to my wife who is AS in 2004, and God blessed us wit two kids a girl(4yrs old) and a Boy(1yr & 2months old) recently my daughter fell sick and was admitted for like 2weeks, we did her genotype in for different lab 2 of them reveals AA, while other 2 reveal SS... am so confused, though she is now ok and gone back to school am still confused. what can you say to this?
There must be a mistake somwhere. Both AA and SS doesn't separate during genotyping and so might be a bit confusing for some scientist or technicians to read because the migration of SS is not always far from AA.

My advice is that you should start by repeating you and your wife's genotype to be rest assured there is no mistake in what you were told before now. Then look for a reputable Lab where test are carried out by professionals and repeat your baby's genotype. I believe that will be really helpful.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by SalC: 3:05am On Aug 04, 2013
orxoflex: Hi dear people, I'm a sickle cell (S.S) and I want to ask which blood groups would be best or compatible for me to marry.
SS has to do with genotype and not blood group. So you are free to get married to any blood group. But you can only get married to someone whose genotype is AA. Any other genotype will pose a problem to your children.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by SalC: 3:31am On Aug 04, 2013
Hassanjj: my questions are: does staphlococus has a permanent cure? If it does, what nd what drugs can one use for it?
It can be cured but you don't need on line drug prescription for it. The best option is to go for M/C/S (urine, blood, HVS) etc. By so doing , the actual antibiotics capable of clearing staph from your system will be dictated.

NB - it is possible for a particular antibiotic to cure Mr A's staph without curing that of Mr B.
Also taking the wrong antibiotic can make staphylococcus become resistant to drugs.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Gboliwe: 3:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
ab1x: Wonderful Doctors, Please I've been having problem with my ear for a while now. It all started when I tried cleaning my ear and I didn't know how I do it until I saw blood on the cotton bud. I can hear but only felt there is something sounding in my eardrum which maybe a result of olive oil that I put then. Now, my ear itch inside and I feel like scratching it and the sound still persist in my ear. During the day, I feel a lot better but at night, it is something else. Please and please, what can I do?
see an ENT doctor
Mavrick2012: Gooday doctor.sir,as far back as 2004,when i was still in the polytechnic,i observed my head was heavy,after almost 9yrs am still havin the feelings.please what could be the problem and what should i do?THANKS
i'm sorry, I do not understand your PC. better you see a doctor.
britnex: Doc i have a fingerlike growth around my majora bt it disappeared n others fell off bt i feel some growth inside my vagina dat is painless. Pls wat culd be d cause
see a gynae.
fetok: May God bless the doctors in da house!pls i am 8month pregnant,and positive to hepatitis b surface antigen.I was told all i ve to do is to give the baby hepatitis B immunoglobulin followed by vaccine to prevent transverse transmission.
Pls how much does hepatitis B immunoglobulin cost in Nigeria?
All response ll be appreciated.thanks
i think its free for babies. Sorry about your state.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Cheks01(f): 4:19am On Aug 05, 2013
pls any dentist in d house, I v tooth ache.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by phummyaji(f): 8:50am On Aug 05, 2013
Hi doctor I want to ask if this is normal..after putting to birth I saw my menstruation 6 weeks after birth then two weeks after the 6weeks and since then have not wic is over two months now .. I wan to knw if is normal or is there a drug I can take to regulate it back but am stil breast feeding my 4month old baby....pls reply...tnx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ednut1(m): 8:04pm On Aug 05, 2013
Jst noticed 2 bumps at d back of my head, what can I do bout it scared

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by imagrg(m): 8:41am On Aug 06, 2013
My 15 yrs old daughter has myoclonic seizure and has been on carbamazepin since she was 5 months old. Now she takes 800mg daily. Any solution? 08035096342
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Gospell(m): 9:24am On Aug 06, 2013
Pls docs,i hav been having a wet dream for 5 days consecutively,infact it seems anytym i sleep i hav a wetdream,is it normal or is dia a problem?...thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Gboliwe: 9:31am On Aug 06, 2013
imagrg: My 15 yrs old daughter has myoclonic seizure and has been on carbamazepin since she was 5 months old. Now she takes 800mg daily. Any solution? 08035096342
on whose prescription? See a neurologist-surgeon. It is well
Gospell: Pls docs,i hav been having a wet dream for 5 days consecutively,infact it seems anytym i sleep i hav a wetdream,is it normal or is dia a problem?...thanks
how old are you?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Gospell(m): 9:38am On Aug 06, 2013
Gboliwe:
on whose prescription? See a neurologist-surgeon. It is well
how old are you?
am 20yrs
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Gboliwe: 9:44am On Aug 06, 2013
Maybe you are a late bloomer. Its nothing serious.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Gospell(m): 9:46am On Aug 06, 2013
Gboliwe: Maybe you are a late bloomer. Its nothing serious.
kk...tanx,buh late bloomer,wt does it mean.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ednut1(m): 9:47am On Aug 06, 2013
Gboliwe: Maybe you are a late bloomer. Its nothing serious.
oga pls advice me bout d bumps
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Gboliwe: 10:29am On Aug 06, 2013
ednut1: oga pls advice me bout d bumps
i'm sorry. I don't knw much about dermatological ailments. I'd advice you visit a dermatologist.
Gospell: kk...tanx,buh late bloomer,wt does it mean.
Maybe you entered puberty late
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Gospell(m): 11:11am On Aug 06, 2013
Gboliwe:
i'm sorry. I don't knw much about dermatological ailments. I'd advice you visit a dermatologist.
Maybe you entered puberty late
ok tanx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 07, 2013
Hello drs in the house. Plz I served in a military barracks last year.around May when the the weather became cold and windy + a lot of bushes everywhere. I started having reoccuring fever.I fall sick every month and treat myself for malaria then I feel better.in about 3weeks symptoms surface again.I continued like that till I passed out Oct. I treated mysef with 2 diff malaria drugs @ the same time, one athemeter injections,then fansidar tabs around august and also took an anitbiotics (cypro category). Cnt remember the name.but sept, I still had fever again. When I passed out oct I was fine till dec. 3months after fever again.now it seems to be a monthly thing since May as the bad weather is back. Does that mean I now have a weak immune system. It takes more than a year for me to get ill before I served. I intend to join the military this year as an officer. I have a small body, with no bp issues, I weigh approximately 55kg. The fevers I have are not always very serious that I can't eat. I do eat well, but u can tell I'm sick mere looking at me.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lizzy95(f): 11:47pm On Aug 07, 2013
(please i copied and pasted this from my orginal question)
Hello i'm elizabeth by name, a
friend of mine told me about
nairaland so i'm here to
discuss soime of my issues
with u guys
I've come to notice that many
things are going wrong with
me for a long tym now like: i'm
having alot of problem with
FOCUSING on task long enough
to get them done, Inability to
notice small
details And paying ATTENTION
(especially when in school, my
lecturer can say a million
words and i will just hold my
pen sterring @ him, @ d end
of d class i will berely jote half
a page whn odas hv written
abt 4_5 pgs),Being easily
distracted when i am doing
smth by noises,people, etc
irrational procrastination (alot
of people hate me 4 dis),
Disorganization and
forgetfulness.
inability to stay on one
topic at a time when leading
discusion or stay
focused while others
speak...hmmmm further more i
always move around restlessly
at times (i.e i just can seem to
be seated in a place 4 lon), i
think i'm also impatient
because i find myself
Constantly interrupting
others....the most painful part
is that no MATTER how i
prepare b4 reading (sleeping/
resting 4 hours) i cant study
for long because my head gets
weary and saturated on time
i.e if @ all i pay any attension 2
it.....please i really need you
help on this matter...because it
makes me cry when ever i
think abt it...[NB i knw i'm nt
dull, because i have a gud
understanding when ever my
attension is active BUT i 4get
most things on tym (e.g i can
explain a STATISTICS (math)
problem to a person that is
lost beside me but in d
evening i will go n meet d
person to explain 2 me again)
2. I dont hv any boy friend
now so am nt distracted by
any guy but rather by
ANYTHING)...please it took me
virtually d whole of today to
write and type this message.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jonescyras(m): 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2013
PLS READ THIS
..... Pls help save a bro life from the DANGER of MASTUBATION...he started to mastubate at 12 he's now 20. He is suffering from the effect of OVER MASTUBATION. These effects left his skin shrinked.. His face shape has changed,initially before he started to mastubate, he had ann oval face shape, no his oval face has changed to a somewhat figure 8 shape.besides, his is so skinny that people ask him if he doesn't eat...He has made research online on the cure of MASTUBATION... He came across ''SHILIJIT'' an india herbal medicine that can help cure it.. He will like to hear from the house on the fast recorvery drug from OVER MASTUBATION.
THANKS
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Bamz(m): 12:01am On Aug 09, 2013
Hello Doc.,

I used to have this mild headache that's usually triggered by hunger most times back then in the Uni., and anytime I have it constantly, I know malaria is looming. This year has been a tad different, after seeing a Physician, I was treated for malaria, but I still get the constant headache. Its usually mild. Atimes its moderate but never chronic. I have also been on pain relievers for 3 days on 2 separate occasions as prescribed and was advised to take green tea every night on the second occasion.

I just finished the second occasion of using the pain reliever some days back, it was even prescribed with 'm vite' which I still use.

Well the green tea hasn't been super effective. I've been reading about types of headaches and I'd like to know the type of therapy you think I need.

PS. I usually try to rest well so fatigue and exhaustion might not be culprits and I don't bog myself down with thinking.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by fetok: 9:24am On Aug 09, 2013
To everyone in da house,compliment of the season.
Pls how can i clear all the strecth mark on me as a result of pregnancy.it's really disgusting.
Pls,someone should help me.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2013
Seems the doctors are enjoying the hols. Please attend to our questions as soon as you can. God bless
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by SalC: 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2013
ladepete: Hello drs in the house. Plz I served in a military barracks last year.around May when the the weather became cold and windy + a lot of bushes everywhere. I started having reoccuring fever.I fall sick every month and treat myself for malaria then I feel better.in about 3weeks symptoms surface again.I continued like that till I passed out Oct. I treated mysef with 2 diff malaria drugs @ the same time, one athemeter injections,then fansidar tabs around august and also took an anitbiotics (cypro category). Cnt remember the name.but sept, I still had fever again. When I passed out oct I was fine till dec. 3months after fever again.now it seems to be a monthly thing since May as the bad weather is back. Does that mean I now have a weak immune system. It takes more than a year for me to get ill before I served. I intend to join the military this year as an officer. I have a small body, with no bp issues, I weigh approximately 55kg. The fevers I have are not always very serious that I can't eat. I do eat well, but u can tell I'm sick mere looking at me.
Hi ladepete
From the piece of information you gave, it seems you only treated yourself based on what you taught was your problem.

There are many causes of recurrent fever which malaria and typhoid are among. And also it is possible your immune system is weak.

I advice go for the following tests. MP, widal, FBC, and VCT. Your test result can give us a better clue on how to go about your treatment.

Again try as much as possible not to expose yourself to mosquito bite and be mindful of the water you drink.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by SalC: 6:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
lizzy95: (please i copied and pasted this from my orginal question)
Hello i'm elizabeth by name, a
friend of mine told me about
nairaland so i'm here to
discuss soime of my issues
with u guys
I've come to notice that many
things are going wrong with
me for a long tym now like: i'm
having alot of problem with
FOCUSING on task long enough
to get them done, Inability to
notice small
details And paying ATTENTION
(especially when in school, my
lecturer can say a million
words and i will just hold my
pen sterring @ him, @ d end
of d class i will berely jote half
a page whn odas hv written
abt 4_5 pgs),Being easily
distracted when i am doing
smth by noises,people, etc
irrational procrastination (alot
of people hate me 4 dis),
Disorganization and
forgetfulness.
inability to stay on one
topic at a time when leading
discusion or stay
focused while others
speak...hmmmm further more i
always move around restlessly
at times (i.e i just can seem to
be seated in a place 4 lon), i
think i'm also impatient
because i find myself
Constantly interrupting
others....the most painful part
is that no MATTER how i
prepare b4 reading (sleeping/
resting 4 hours) i cant study
for long because my head gets
weary and saturated on time
i.e if @ all i pay any attension 2
it.....please i really need you
help on this matter...because it
makes me cry when ever i
think abt it...[NB i knw i'm nt
dull, because i have a gud
understanding when ever my
attension is active BUT i 4get
most things on tym (e.g i can
explain a STATISTICS (math)
problem to a person that is
lost beside me but in d
evening i will go n meet d
person to explain 2 me again)
2. I dont hv any boy friend
now so am nt distracted by
any guy but rather by
ANYTHING)...please it took me
virtually d whole of today to
write and type this message.
Your case needs more of the attention of a psychologist than mere drug prescription, though you might still need to take some drug afterall but you need to see a psychologist.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (306) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.