Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,948 members, 7,906,583 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 12:45 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (648511 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
What can I do to loose weight. Am a 35yrs old mum of 6, my youngest baby is 6mnths.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 10, 2013
Pls where can I find qualified cosmetic surgeons for body enhancements in this Nigeria.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Adaeze003(f): 11:47am On Aug 10, 2013
Hi docs, months ago I was in a minor accident and since then my jaw occasionally locks up. Like it'll be difficult to open my mouth wide and after a while it goes back to normal. Its really freaking me out now, I thought it'll stop after a while but it still happens.

What should I do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2013
Sal C: Hi ladepete
From the piece of information you gave, it seems you only treated yourself based on what you taught was your problem.

There are many causes of recurrent fever which malaria and typhoid are among. And also it is possible your immune system is weak.

I advice go for the following tests. MP, widal, FBC, and VCT. Your test result can give us a better clue on how to go about your treatment.

Again try as much as possible not to expose yourself to mosquito bite and be mindful of the water you drink.
Thank you very much doctor. I have done all of this test several times. The last was just a month back. Mp -ve. Widal:very low typhoid. FBC normal. I have done HIV test 3ce from nov last year to date. I did hbv test too just last month. I just finished halfan and amoxyl beecham 500mg.(20 capsules) used 1/3 daily and halfan 2tabs 6hourly.this I took ust 3 weeks ago. I must add, I drink approximately 8 bottles of heineken a week. With this medications less than a month ago; I went clubbing last week friday and had some hot drink and white wine. Now I have fever feelings again.never fully recovered from the hangover. Sont know if this can help u in helping me better. This reoccuring fever is killing my social life plz help.thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2013
Please doctor am here on behalf of my sister,she has been having severe itching of the womanliness,anus and head which has been causing are sleepless night I always felt bad for her cause she's alwayz crying whenever the itching starts.we've runed various test from various hospital .the last test she did they discovered staph and she was givn drugs still yet the itching is till der pls any doctor in the house should please tell us wat to do cause dis has been going on for the past 4yrs .thanx and God bless
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
Pease doctor am here on behalf of my sister,she has been having severe itching of the vagina,anus and head which has been causing are sleepless night I always felt bad for her cause she's alwayz crying whenever the itching starts.we've runed various test from various hospital .the last test she did they discovered staph and she was givn drugs still yet the itching is till der pls any doctor in the house should please tell us wat to do cause dis has been going on for the past 4yrs .thanx and God bless
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jeffobodo: 8:14am On Aug 11, 2013
Doctor please help,my friend is always having whiite clear fluid coming from the tip of his penis,he does not feel pain or itching please what is the cause
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by saara123: 10:49am On Aug 11, 2013
great idea this is, in our family its a kind of trend that every Saturday our family doctor used to come and do routine check up of all the family members, I think its a good idea, to take best reviews of doctor time to time to have wealthy health.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joshuapharm(m): 6:23pm On Aug 11, 2013
jeffobodo: Doctor please help,my friend is always having whiite clear fluid coming from the tip of his penis,he does not feel pain or itching please what is the cause

It could be caused by an STD.. Urethritis is my major suspect given the white colour of the fluid.. Treatment would then depend on the causative organism.. E.g Chlamydia, adenovirus, E. coli..etc Given that he doesn't feel pain or itching now, I suspect a Trichomonas infection.. This can be treated with flagyl.. Pls see a doc to confirm.. Cheers.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joshuapharm(m): 6:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
hysteric6: Pease doctor am here on behalf of my sister,she has been having severe itching of the vagina,anus and head which has been causing are sleepless night I always felt bad for her cause she's alwayz crying whenever the itching starts.we've runed various test from various hospital .the last test she did they discovered staph and she was givn drugs still yet the itching is till der pls any doctor in the house should please tell us wat to do cause dis has been going on for the past 4yrs .thanx and God bless

What is ur sister's age? what r the drugs she was given? Did she adhere strictly to the regimen given to her by the doc? A pinworm infection is another suspect here.. Let her go for a Cellophane tape test.. An anti-helminthic(pyrantel, ketrax, zentel or wormin) would do. Cheers.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by under12: 8:47pm On Aug 11, 2013
Pls doctor how can I treat head bumps at its early stage. . .
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ayoola190: 1:24pm On Aug 12, 2013
I cant say av enjoyed a smooth face. My skin( only facial) peels almost everyday. This makes my face look rough most of the times, but other parts of the body smooth.
Sometimes b4 going out, i ll make sure i rinse my face and apply cream to make it smooth, but I tell u after a while d roughness reappears.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by CLIQBOY(m): 11:53pm On Aug 12, 2013
I Want To Add Weight (get fatter) , Pls Help me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 13, 2013
hysteric6: Please doctor am here on behalf of my sister,she has been having severe itching of the womanliness,anus and head which has been causing are sleepless night I always felt bad for her cause she's alwayz crying whenever the itching starts.we've runed various test from various hospital .the last test she did they discovered staph and she was givn drugs still yet the itching is till der pls any doctor in the house should please tell us wat to do cause dis has been going on for the past 4yrs .thanx and God bless
the areas u mentioned r hair-covered areas she could be having dermatitis(seborrhoiec) or lice. seeing a dermatologist at any teaching hospital can help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hi doctor,I started skipping as a form of exercise for a few days and had to stop due to knee pain,at first it was minor but right now,the side of knee is swollen and I can hardly walk properly,pls kindly reply to tell me the cause and what I can do ease the pain and if I can continue to jump the rope or not. Thank you so much as I wait for ur reply
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
el33: Hi doctor,I started skipping as a form of exercise for a few days and had to stop due to knee pain,at first it was minor but right now,the side of knee is swollen and I can hardly walk properly,pls kindly reply to tell me the cause and what I can do ease the pain and if I can continue to jump the rope or not. Thank you so much as I wait for ur reply
what happened? did u hit the knee? r u overweight? u can apply neurogesic and take a pain killer -eg diclofenac. see a medical doc in any hospital for proper evaluation
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by yoged(m): 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hello house, pls i really need help. Have been having palpitation, chest pain, dificulty in sleeping at night for a long time. Have done E.c.G, lung function chest test, ECHO, X ray test and everything was normal. The Dr says its probably due to anxiety which i dont really think so. Have been on a powerful drug which am trying to reduce but am still seeing all the symptoms i mentioned once in a while. Pls is there any heart hospital i can visit around western state? Or any advice?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Gboliwe: 8:28pm On Aug 13, 2013
el33: Hi doctor,I started skipping as a form of exercise for a few days and had to stop due to knee pain,at first it was minor but right now,the side of knee is swollen and I can hardly walk properly,pls kindly reply to tell me the cause and what I can do ease the pain and if I can continue to jump the rope or not. Thank you so much as I wait for ur reply

Same thing happened to me when I took up skipping as a form of exercise. It was my right ankle sha that was in pains. It wasnt funny then. I thought if I stopped, then it will heal. It didnt heal for a while. I kept massaging it and took Ibuprofen then. I havent skipped again ever since then. My case is peculiar sha because I have a bad leg.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
yoged: Hello house, pls i really need help. Have been having palpitation, chest pain, dificulty in sleeping at night for a long time. Have done E.c.G, lung function chest test, ECHO, X ray test and everything was normal. The Dr says its probably due to anxiety which i dont really think so. Have been on a powerful drug which am trying to reduce but am still seeing all the symptoms i mentioned once in a while. Pls is there any heart hospital i can visit around western state? Or any advice?
when CXR, ECG nd ECHO r ALL normal which heart hospital do you need? those symptoms may not be physical, a visit to a psychiatrist could do the magic.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by yoged(m): 8:36am On Aug 14, 2013
joker5180: when CXR, ECG nd ECHO r ALL normal which heart hospital do you need? those symptoms may not be physical, a visit to a psychiatrist could do the magic.
psychiatrist? Huh. I dont think so. But thanks for replying me. Actually, i'll really love to do the ECHO test again, my clinic date is soon, i'll discuss it with my cardiologist.. Coz my heart beat isn't really normal. Thats the main issue right now
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by SalC: 10:05am On Aug 14, 2013
ladepete:
Thank you very much doctor. I have done all of this test several times. The last was just a month back. Mp -ve. Widal:very low typhoid. FBC normal. I have done HIV test 3ce from nov last year to date. I did hbv test too just last month. I just finished halfan and amoxyl beecham 500mg.(20 capsules) used 1/3 daily and halfan 2tabs 6hourly.this I took ust 3 weeks ago. I must add, I drink approximately 8 bottles of heineken a week. With this medications less than a month ago; I went clubbing last week friday and had some hot drink and white wine. Now I have fever feelings again.never fully recovered from the hangover. Sont know if this can help u in helping me better. This reoccuring fever is killing my social life plz help.thanks
If what you wrote up there is the case then I will advise you to...

Increase your fruit and water intake.
Reduce your alcohol intake.(I've seen rare cases of people who breakdown whenever they take alcohol )
Make sure you always get enough rest.
Refrain from loading your system with excess antibiotics.(It has its own adverse effect).
Take simple analgesics like paracetamol whenever you have such feverish feelings.(Except it is confirmed that you have malaria at that particular time)
Do little exercises but not so much work.
Hopefully this will help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 14, 2013
Sal C: If what you wrote up there is the case then I will advise you to...

Increase your fruit and water intake.
Reduce your alcohol intake.(I've seen rare cases of people who breakdown whenever they take alcohol )
Make sure you always get enough rest.
Refrain from loading your system with excess antibiotics.(It has its own adverse effect).
Take simple analgesics like paracetamol whenever you have such feverish feelings.(Except it is confirmed that you have malaria at that particular time)
Do little exercises but not so much work.
Hopefully this will help.

God bless you doctor. All u said is just what I read online. I started jogging morning and evenings on sunday. And taking a lot of water, got an immune booster IMMUNACE. I take 1/2 daily. I will add fruits as you have said now. But honestly since I started to exercise, asides the body pain as a beginner...I have been really fine. I know the pains will stop as I continue the exercise. Thanks and God bless you!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by nkutet: 2:50pm On Aug 14, 2013
Please house what is the cost of sinus surgery in nigera. Affordable cost abeg

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ajibowo11(m): 9:54pm On Aug 14, 2013
please doc when am in lag i av a light skin but when i return to skul in kwara state i av a black skin what can i do or what can i use
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 14, 2013
yoged: psychiatrist? Huh. I dont think so. But thanks for replying me. Actually, i'll really love to do the ECHO test again, my clinic date is soon, i'll discuss it with my cardiologist.. Coz my heart beat isn't really normal. Thats the main issue right now
ECG is the BEST in picking 'beat' abnormalities
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by yoged(m): 11:50am On Aug 15, 2013
ajibowo11: please doc when am in lag i av a light skin but when i return to skul in kwara state i av a black skin what can i do or what can i use
bro, its due to the sun, same things always happen to me coz i grad from ilorin. Ilorin sun is really abnormal. Just try and avoid being expose to the sun. Well, maybe some1 might hint u of a cream to use. But becareful on the choice of cream coz some cream are carcinogenic
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by yoged(m): 12:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
joker5180: ECG is the BEST in picking 'beat' abnormalities
thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ayoola190: 1:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Youngmubee(m): 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
The great nigerian Doctors, am seeking 4 advice am a boy of 16 gonna do matric @ a.b.u zaria due to failure of jamb,and my choices are MED&SURG, PHARMACY am seeking 4 advice on how to mek my matric 10nx The great nigerian Doctors, am seeking 4 advice am a boy of 16 gonna do matric @ a.b.u zaria due to failure of jamb,and my choices are MED&SURG, PHARMACY am seeking 4 advice on how to mek my matric 10nx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
Youngmubee: The great nigerian Doctors, am seeking 4 advice am a boy of 16 gonna do matric @ a.b.u zaria due to failure of jamb,and my choices are MED&SURG, PHARMACY am seeking 4 advice on how to mek my matric 10nx The great nigerian Doctors, am seeking 4 advice am a boy of 16 gonna do matric @ a.b.u zaria due to failure of jamb,and my choices are MED&SURG, PHARMACY am seeking 4 advice on how to mek my matric 10nx
am not familier with the requirement of ABU medical school may be ABU medical graduates on the thread can help u. what i do knw irrespective of the medical school u need to read hard nd pray. and i think ABU offers RBS not matric, matric is at UDU sokoto. goodluck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by SalC: 2:53pm On Aug 15, 2013
ladepete:
God bless you doctor. All u said is just what I read online. I started jogging morning and evenings on sunday. And taking a lot of water, got an immune booster IMMUNACE. I take 1/2 daily. I will add fruits as you have said now. But honestly since I started to exercise, asides the body pain as a beginner...I have been really fine. I know the pains will stop as I continue the exercise. Thanks and God bless you!
God bless you too.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Adaeze003(f): 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
Adaeze003: Hi docs, months ago I was in a minor accident and since then my jaw occasionally locks up. Like it'll be difficult to open my mouth wide and after a while it goes back to normal. Its really freaking me out now, I thought it'll stop after a while but it still happens.

What should I do?

Guess the post was inconspicuous. I need to know if it could be serious or not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (306) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.