Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,898 members, 7,942,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 04:33 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (652752 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by U1(m): 12:33am On May 03, 2008
Hello Dr Balogun, nice to have you back. Please could you tell me if there is any health complication from daily consumption of about 3 tablespoonful of groundnut (peanut). I heard that it could affect the eye, how true is that? I also heard that blood toxicity could affect the eye too, is that true too. Waiting for a responce soon. Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by niya(m): 4:02pm On May 03, 2008
HELLO DOC. IF SOMEONE IS INFECTED WITH THE HIV VIRUS DOES IT RESULT IN LEANNESS AFTER SAY ABOUT ONE YEAR?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by adetunrayo(f): 1:50pm On May 09, 2008
Thanks doctor,the intching has stop after using medicated soap but the lump under the armpit is still there.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kathyekiti: 12:17am On May 15, 2008
Hi balogun
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:41am On May 15, 2008
Hi Kathyekiti. Fantastic what you are doing with the ObGyn thread. Must I assume correctly that you are based in the US
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by LauraB1: 2:44pm On May 20, 2008
Hi Doctor,

Good day, Please whats staphylococcus, can it be seen in a lady's urinalysis, how is it contacted and how can it be cured,Can it prevent a lady from taking in?

Secondly, I do have a painful ovulation, is it proper, though the pains last for some few hours and stop. Though my Mensal is pain free.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 7:14pm On May 20, 2008
Staphylococcus is bacteria that is unusual to find in urine. It is a gram positive bacteria. Usually get it in skin infections.
Mid cycle pain is called Mittelschmerz. It is not uncommon. Kathyekiti might be able to explain that better
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pheesayor(m): 10:16pm On May 21, 2008
pheesayor
Good to hear that you're loosing weight successfully.

In morbidly obese people, hygiene could be an issue, however, if water is truely coming out of your anus, then you need an evaluation for fistula.

I suspect that excess skin folds, hair follicles produce a lot of sweat to make you think water is coming from your anus.

If the water 'feels, smells like sweat' I would say it's sweat, but if you're passing urine-like material from your anus, then you go for proctosigmoidoscopy(anal and rectal) examination by your md.

Sleeping positions vary, I would stick with which ever position makes you most comfortable.

@naijaking1, Naijamedico, Balogun & co.
I would say its water but it is worsened when I sweat and now I cant afford to put on bright coloured trousers because of the embarassment the sweat causes.
What is evaluation for fistula and what does it involve?

As for loosing weight, I was down with typhoid last week but I took out my sister's YOYO BITTERS, It didnt releive the typhoid at all but throught the 7 days, I neither lost appetite nor vomitted so my hope of loosing more weight was dashed but I'm trying.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mishooo(m): 7:19pm On May 22, 2008
Doctors in the House. pls i need help. i used earphone for some time in the office then the ear started itching me continuously and frequently.a day i didnt bring cutton bud from home, i stuck a blunt pencil (now i know thats childish and unwise) into my ears and i think it broke a nerve head or so because it pained me for almost a week and i had to use Panadol before sleeping for 4 consecutive days.
after the pain eased, i started feeling a numb sensation in my ear akin to what you have when you have water trapped in your ears. and its been going on for a week or so now. Pls what can i do about it??
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 9:41pm On May 22, 2008
pheesayor. I think naijaking is more or less your personal physician here. He knows more about you than the rest of us. When he comes on next he will attend to your query.
mishooo, have you heard the statement about never putting anything smaller than your elbow in your ear!! Chances are that you have perforated your eardrum with a sharp implement in your ear. See your own doctor to confirm this. He might want to treat you with antibiotics. Generally this settles with conservative management
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by U1(m): 9:06am On May 23, 2008
Hello Dr Balogun, nice to have you back. Please could you tell me if there is any health complication from daily consumption of about 3 tablespoonful of groundnut (peanut). I heard that it could affect the eye, how true is that? I also heard that blood toxicity could affect the eye too, is that true too. Waiting for a responce soon. Thanks.

Hello Doc. Please I'm still waiting for a response to the above message. Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Naijamedic(m): 11:56pm On May 24, 2008
U1, I know your question isn't directed at me but I'm curious when you say three tablespoonful of groundnut, do you mean the actual nuts or its paste? To the best of my knowledge, I cannot relate groundnut consumption with eye affectation except perhaps a truckload of pimples interfering with your sight (lol)

What on earth do you mean by blood toxicity? Sounds like a herbal practitioners lexicon!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by U1(m): 10:30am On May 26, 2008
Naijamedic, thanks for the response. Actually, I was referring to the nuts, and I don't have pimples. I'm just worried about people making inference to groundnut causing eye problem.

About the blood toxicity, I think I got that one from the herbal practitioners' lexicon. LOL. grin wink
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Naijamedic(m): 2:57am On May 27, 2008
Nice one

grin

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kathyekiti: 2:36am On May 31, 2008
@balogun
You are right. I am based in NY. The thread is very fulfilling and I think I have enough blessings from the responders to last a lifetime. I am truly grateful. This was a great idea!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:27am On May 31, 2008
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 6:08pm On May 31, 2008
brein:

Mr. Balogun, thanks for been a great Dr here, but do u have a cure for HIV yet ? some once asked me also that what would be a medcine for pennis enlargement
thank you

I'm just going to be assisting Dr. Balogun for this question-oh.

Now, which one you want first? Large pennis or cure for HIV?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 6:07pm On Jun 01, 2008
smiley
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 6:10pm On Jun 01, 2008
Naijaking I am glad you will be answering the question for brein and his friend!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by coldredtea: 6:16am On Jun 02, 2008
I'm 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant, I've been having period like cramping for about 34 hours, my sister who is an LPN is telling me that its false labor because the contractions aren't regulating themselves. I can't eat or sleep, because they are painful and making me nauseous. Should I go to the hospital, and if I do will they be able to do anything for me if it is false labor?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2008
Coldredtea. You probably would have had the baby before you read this. Kathyekiti is the person to answer this question. Good luck with whatever time is left of your pregnancy. Let us know whether it is a boy or girl
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kechai(f): 5:24pm On Jun 04, 2008
hi doc balogun

PLS DOCTORS IN THE HOUSE I HAVE A PROBLEM, I HAVE A FIANCEE BUT I NOTICED
THAT AFTER 2 OR 3 OF SLEEPING WITH HIM, I WILL BE HAVING A DISCHARGE.
AND NOT JUST THAT, IT SMELLS. THOUGHH I STOPPED SLEEPING WITH HIM FOR
3 MONTHS NOW, IT STILL CONTINUES. PLS I NEED UR ADVICE AND CONSULTATION
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbabi69: 10:50am On Jun 05, 2008
doctor,please would you happen to know anywhere dna test is conducted in nigeria? pls i need a rely urgently.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by chinesedoll(f): 11:01am On Jun 05, 2008
Doctor please
wats d probability of a man with a low
sperm count 2 produce kids

and how can d sperm count be boosted
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:49pm On Jun 05, 2008
Low sperm count does not preclude someone fathering a child. However it could be cause for infertility. The standard advice given is to avoid tight pants and warm areas near the man's Instruments. Truck drivers were known to be an infertile lot!! Never sure if anyone ever did a proper study on that.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by follyflash(f): 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2008
Pls,i had appendomy,and at the same time ovarian cycst was removed that was like 5ys ago.

But i noticed i do have pains on my left side tommy pls what can i do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by otokx(m): 10:34am On Jun 09, 2008
What is the difference between Malaria and Flu? Am currently having pain in my joints with slight intermintent fever perhaps 3 times in a day. I react to sulphonamides and even to normal paracetamol so am quite reluctant to take antimalaria like halfan or larimal yet.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 4:46am On Jun 10, 2008
follyflash:

Please,i had appendomy,and at the same time ovarian cycst was removed that was like 5ys ago.

But i noticed i do have pains on my left side tommy please what can i do?

After a successful appendectomy, other possible cause of abdominal pain (--?male or female) are still plenty. I assumed that you're female. If you had ovarian cyst removal on the right side 5 yrs ago, it would not be a surprise if you have same problem on the left side.

My recommendation is to follow up with your OB/Gyne, and possibly see a surgeon. A CT scan is an excellent diagnostic test if you can afford it, otherwise try an ultrasound of the abdomen/pelvis
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by follyflash(f): 5:27pm On Jun 10, 2008
I just did scan and nothing was there
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 3:51am On Jun 12, 2008
follyflash:

I just did scan and nothing was there

What type of scan? CT or ultrasound? That it showed nothing is good so far, especially as it point to a periodic pattern, and likely of a gynecological origin.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by insight: 3:56am On Jun 14, 2008
Hello Doctors,
Pls i need help on Urgency in Urine treatment for my father.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 6:27am On Jun 15, 2008
insight:

Hello Doctors,
Please i need help on Urgency in Urine treatment for my father.

Do you need help as a matter of urgency, or your father is having urgency? Urinary urgency is usually associated with frequency. In men older than 45-50 years of age, increase in the size of the prostrate (for whatever reason) could be a significant cause of urgency, frequency, hestitancy, retention, etc. If urinary tract infection is excluded from this clinical scenerio, then you need to take your father to a urologist for a DRE, and other exams.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (306) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.