Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,244 members, 7,947,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 02:28 PM

Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages (16502 Views)

Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations / Minimum Wage: Dockworkers’ Wages Rise To N150, 000 / Today's Salary Vs Cost Of Living (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by OgaTheTop2: 2:30pm On Nov 17, 2016
angry
Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by bangging(m): 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2016
Adesiji77:

http://www.businessdayonline.com/workers-groan-under-rising-cost-of-living-stagnant-wages/
but som1 will still say that the present govt is faar much beter... Sufrring and smiling... Fela lives on...

4 Likes

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by ajebuter(f): 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2016
That happens when we have an old man who thinks corruption is our only problem..

Tick tock...says the clock...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by Mryemzyvic(m): 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2016
I dont understand pple anymore,u say u wanted change,now u are seeing changes..abeg wat else?

2 Likes

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by Joehong(m): 2:32pm On Nov 17, 2016
ivandragon:
when some slow pokes try to blame GEJ for our present mess, i just laugh.

20 years ago, countries like Brazil, India, Saudi Arabia were ranked as nations with potentials for positive economic growth. Which means in the past 10 years before that rating they had developed at a phenomenal rate.

20 years ago, Nigeria was a pariah state ruled by cabals which included the present president & was at its lowest ebb of development.

Within 5 years of GEJ becoming president, Nigeria was almost rubbing shoulders with Brazil & co, countries that had a 20 year head start over Nigeria & are now emerging economies (realising their full potentials). which means in 5 years, GEJ took us from a nation with economic potentials to an emerging economy. something that took others about 30 plus years.

Within 16 months of PMB assuming office, Nigeria has totally dropped out of that group.

& yet some morons blame GEJ for our present state...

Bunch of nitwits...
WHEN GOD THROUGH JOSEPH REVEAL TO THE KING ABOUT FAMINE, THE KING STARTED MAKING PLANS ON HOW TO SAVE FOR THE BAD DAYS COMING AHEAD. NGOZI OKONJUELA TOLD GEJ THAT 2015 NIGERIA WILL EXPERIENCE RECESSION, INSTEAD OF SAVING HE WAS BUSY SHARING THE SAVED ONE TO GOVERNORS AND YOU THERE GIVEN HIM CREDIT. I PITY YOU.

1 Like

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by Jokerman(m): 2:36pm On Nov 17, 2016
TheNonce:

They? Are you living in a different nigeria?
Oi... We**
Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by IVORY2009(m): 2:37pm On Nov 17, 2016
Firefire:
Una never see anything.

This chrismas will be very tought for many families...

5 Likes

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by Alanzazani: 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
Joehong:
WHEN GOD THROUGH JOSEPH REVEAL TO THE KING ABOUT FAMINE, THE KING STARTED MAKING PLANS ON HOW TO SAVE FOR THE BAD DAYS COMING AHEAD. NGOZI OKONJUELA TOLD GEJ THAT 2015 NIGERIA WILL EXPERIENCE RECESSION, INSTEAD OF SAVING HE WAS BUSY SHARING THE SAVED ONE TO GOVERNORS AND YOU THERE GIVEN HIM CREDIT. I PITY YOU.

what is wrong with this one. Nigeria would have being very ok with crude oil at $30 per barrel. sound your zombified mind to all the wrong policies this government started out with. is it governmnt of exclusion that led to militancy, or is it implementing TSA at once by removing money from circulation, abi the government's forex policy that led to devaluation of the naira abi capital flight from the stoxk market because of lck.of policy direction. abeg think well. Obasanjo created a middle class with oil at less than $30 a barrel. buhari has destroyed the middle class. the masses must benefit somethig from thier government. subsidy would have being left for petrol and we would have rather ensured transparency in subsidy or buildd refineries even if modular refineries before removing subsidy. this government is just a colossal failure.it is very easy to destroy than to build. thw damage this government has done to nigeria in less than 2 years willtakea decade to amend. nonsense

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by ivandragon: 2:39pm On Nov 17, 2016
Joehong:

its people like you I pity.

people who have no sense on history or too lazy to do any research.

if what I stated is wrong, kindly dispute it with your own position on issues.

if you had done the barest of research, you would know that those countries I mentioned all went through some form of economic dips during their growth period, some more than once.

but that didn't slow down their economies to the extent they ran into recession as bad as ours.

India that some people point to as being fairly self sufficient owes the WB over $100b (just the WB).

my point is, a growing economy will have it's up & downs, ala the Okonjo issue you brought up...

but astute management & well thought out policies will always help you get out of bad situations faster than confused policies...

or having a president that can't spell his name right...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by baddosky1: 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
Check the names of those doing most of the complaining in the article: They are the Brown Roofers who voted Change! grin grin

The Igbo guy there who use to buy a full bag of rice before said that now, he can still afford at least half a bag!

#KarmaIsABitch

3 Likes

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
The number one contributor to this inflation is the media. Damn! The turkey that is sold for 1,000 and chicken for 800 they exaggerate to 1,300 and 1,200 respectively. haba make una fear God. Unless we come to the realization that the inflation is caused by Nigerians, the higher it will keep going. Imagine a sachet of pure water now sold for 20, directly or indirectly we are all contributing to this failed State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by Joehong(m): 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
ivandragon:

if you had done the barest of research, you would know that those countries I mentioned all went through some form of economic dips during their growth period, some more than once.

but that didn't slow down their economies to the extent they ran into recession as bad as ours.

India that some people point to as being fairly self sufficient owes the WB over $100b (just the WB).

my point is, a growing economy will have it's up & downs, ala the Okonjo issue you brought up...

but astute management & well thought out policies will always help you get out of bad situations faster than confused policies...

WHAT WE SAYING HERE IS, WHAT DID HE DO WHEN GOD USE OKONJO TO DELIVER THE MSG TO HIM. IS NOT ABOUT SPELLING NAME BUT PLAN

1 Like

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by bejeria101(m): 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
Brace yourselves for harder times,thats what your Daura President said. You wanted change! You got change! Live with it.

3 Likes

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by k2kay(m): 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2016
Got promoted over a year now and no arrears to that effect. Even the incremental for this year was not effected. Somebody should tell me why Buhari and his team of clueless buffoons will not get a special place in hell....keep blaming the past instead of getting down to work with clear defined economic policies. God forbid, We might be heading for depression

6 Likes

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by okeyz(m): 2:46pm On Nov 17, 2016
ivandragon:

i just signed in after 4 years to tell you that you make sense die !!!...some people hate the truth...

6 Likes

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by no1madman(m): 2:48pm On Nov 17, 2016
Opeade939:
Suffering and Smiling
=foolishness. .

1 Like

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by meccuno: 2:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
ivandragon:

20 years ago, countries like Brazil, India, Saudi Arabia were ranked as nations with potentials for positive economic growth. Which means in the past 10 years before that rating they had developed at a phenomenal rate.

20 years ago, Nigeria was a pariah state ruled by cabals which included the present president & was at its lowest ebb of development.

Within 5 years of GEJ becoming president, Nigeria was almost rubbing shoulders with Brazil & co, countries that had a 20 year head start over Nigeria & are now emerging economies (realising their full potentials). which means in 5 years, GEJ took us from a nation with economic potentials to an emerging economy. something that took others about 30 plus years.

Within 16 months of PMB assuming office, Nigeria has totally dropped out of that group.

Bunch of nitwits...
the yoruba muslims from illorin are to blame. grin

3 Likes

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by IBBG(m): 2:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
ephi123:

Real horror. It is one bad thing after the other. Just last week I heard of over 10 people in the same dept asked to leave, no notice. These are people with families and dependents.
this administration is like horror movie full of graphic scenes.

3 Likes

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by ivandragon: 2:55pm On Nov 17, 2016
Joehong:
WHAT WE SAYING HERE IS, WHAT DID HE DO WHEN GOD USE OKONJO TO DELIVER THE MSG TO HIM. IS NOT ABOUT SPELLING NAME BUT PLAN

better.

let me ask you...

is Nigeria better off now than it was 2 years ago?

GEJ made some mistakes that would have deserved some ol' Roger style knock for him.

but fact remains that you could tell his government had direction: educate the people & improve the standard of living...

PMB doesn't have such plan. he doesn't have ANY plan.

how can you send a request for $30b to the NASS & FORGET to attach the break down which you referred to in the body of the letter/request?

does that show a government that has its head screwed on right?

& you say why didn't GEJ listen to Okonjo about saving...

what did you & your ilk do when he tried to remove fuel subsidy? a major drain on our finances?

if Nigerians didn't protest them, you would have had about $70b in your reserves by now...

9 Likes

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by marv1: 2:57pm On Nov 17, 2016
Yet some states cannt pay salary. Ondo state under mimiko paid last since march yet he can go and give rice to 70,000 women elsewhere last week. Are we going to blame pmb for this too?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by gbeseun(m): 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2016
ivandragon:

Bunch of nitwits...

God punish buhari and those who support him again

5 Likes

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by fm7070: 3:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
Groaning is an understatement.
People are hungry, sick, crying and dying.

2 Likes

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by Abogunde(m): 3:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
Activation/product Launching Job In Abuja

This is to inform all interested applicants within Abuja to come to Area 1 Garden tomorrow Friday 18th November, 2016 by 8:30am for a briefing on how to participate in a project coming up from 4th December, 2018 (2 weeks' time) .

Project: Activation/Product Launching.
Period: 18 days
Project commences on 4th of December, 2016.
Peoples needed: Canvassers, Dancers and Stunt Skaters,
Only strong and energetic candidates are expected.
Number Needed (40 Female)
(20 Male)
Call or text Yes to this Number Before 8:00PM Today.: 08130121641.

Please don't come if you did not Call or Text Yes as only 60 people needed.

Thanks.

Thanks. Be among the first 60 people to be there by 8:30am tomorrow Friday 18th November, 2016
Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by ivandragon: 3:12pm On Nov 17, 2016
gbeseun:

God punish buhari and those who support him again

lol.

let's not have that prayer for them.

let's pray for God to touch their hearts. we have to work together to get out of this mess we are in.

fact is, if not for the criticisms some of 'us' give this regime, things would have been worse.

but when we talk, they are forced to make amends.

for instance, since inception, we had been saying no economic plan...

the regime now wants to do something about it in December (better late than never).

if PMB doesn't want to succeed, we Nigerians will force him to succeed.

after his tenure, he can go & live a life of directionlessness.

but we would not allow him leave Nigeria in a state of penury.

1 Like

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by Miles300: 3:16pm On Nov 17, 2016
MrEverest:
Its really amazing on how Nigerians are still managing to survive in the face of such daunting challenge. Buhari should be impeached or removed by any means necessary! This old man is obviously confused and to think that nothing serious is being done to salvage this deadly situation makes it the more scary and horror-full. Nigeria will enter depression by january and by then, most of the poor masses would have gone past their wits end!!
the earlier the better this man steps down , before we start surviving on foreign aid
Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 17, 2016
Una eyes Don clear small. No salary till January for all federal workers in UCH.
Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by Charly68: 3:24pm On Nov 17, 2016
Blame those who loot your treasury never blame Buhari on this matter. Buhari has been fasting since he came thus says APC
Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 17, 2016
IVORY2009:

This chrismas will be very tought for many families...
With God and MMM , I dey Jolificate till new year come.
Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by mokset123: 3:25pm On Nov 17, 2016
franciskaine:
The number one contributor to this inflation is the media. Damn! The turkey that is sold for 1,000 and chicken for 800 they exaggerate to 1,300 and 1,200 respectively. haba make una fear God. Unless we come to the realization that the inflation is caused by Nigerians, the higher it will keep going. Imagine a sachet of pure water now sold for 20, directly or indirectly we are all contributing to this failed State.

Even if we are contributing.

Please educate me on how a woman who sells frozen chicken would cope even when she gets her goods from those smuggled through our porous borders.

Light bill went up,
School fees for her children is up
Transportation is up
Rent is up
Cost of food commodities are up
Fuel is up
Gas is up
Diesel is up
Kerosene is up too

And the list goes on and on

3 Likes

Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 17, 2016
k2kay:
Got promoted over a year now and no arrears to that effect. Even the incremental for this year was not effected. Somebody should tell me why Buhari and his team of clueless buffoons will not get a special place in hell....keep blaming the past instead of getting down to work with clear defined economic policies. God forbid, We might be heading for depression

Here in UCH, Almost everybody don join MMM since salary no gree show for the 2nd month running.
Re: Workers Groan Under Rising Cost Of Living, Stagnant Wages by mokset123: 3:28pm On Nov 17, 2016
k2kay:
Brother them done even pay you your new salary scale

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Working Law Religiously For Self And Family At ₦225,000 Monthly / Second List Of Successful Candidates For Nigerian Air Force 2014 Recruitment Out / How Much Money Should I Save Before Quitting My Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.