Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,601 members, 7,941,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 11:21 PM

Do I Believe In God Or Not - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do I Believe In God Or Not (576 Views)

No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience / Why I Believe Stephanie Otobo Is Lying Against Apostle Sulieman / Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Believe In God Or Not by emekaRaj(m): 11:13am On Nov 19, 2016
So recently I started meeting people that dnt believe in God, AKA atheists, and initially I was shocked because I was wondering how can someone not believe in God at all, I was told a lot of white people are atheists but to start meeting them in Nigeria and on nairaland I was surprised because am like: "isn't everything in the entire universe pointed to some kind of God out their", so it took a lot of time b4 I took it in expecially seeing that some of them had a very good argument and theories to support their claims and been a rational being I understand their point. But I want my atheists brothers to explain something to me.

1. WHEN U SAY U NEED EVIDENCE TO PROVE THAT GOD EXIST, WHAT KIND OF EVIDENCE ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HERE, BECAUSE I SEE THE EVIDENCE OF GOD'S EXISTENCE ALL AROUND ME.
2. AS AN AFRICAN HAVNT U AT ONE POINT OR THE OTHER EXPIRIENCE THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE THAT U CAN'T EXPLAIN.
3. HOW DO YOU SWEAR? DO YOU SAY: I SWEAR TO GOD TOO LIKE US OR "I SWEAR TO.......... NOTHING
4. DO U 'THANK GOD' LIKE US TOO OR U JUST SAY: THANK .............. NOTHING

2 Likes

Re: Do I Believe In God Or Not by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 19, 2016
So somebody cannot play with you grin
Re: Do I Believe In God Or Not by obisage(m): 11:19am On Nov 19, 2016
1. we need to feel the physical part of God.; not faith. 2. no I have not. 3. you don't need to swear to provide a point 4. you say thank you to whomever gives/does you a favour
Re: Do I Believe In God Or Not by emekaRaj(m): 11:26am On Nov 19, 2016
obisage:
1. we need to feel the physical part of God.; not faith.
2. no I have not.
3. you don't need to swear to provide a point
4. you say thank you to whomever gives/does you a favour

Well since u said u haven't felt the spiritual side of life, I will ask you to try to, then I can talk to you more
Re: Do I Believe In God Or Not by emekaRaj(m): 11:28am On Nov 19, 2016
I will try to share my experience with the spiritual side of life later. It's quite interesting
Re: Do I Believe In God Or Not by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
1. I have never seen any evidence that points to a god existing. It doesnt sound logical. Lol. Well let me see the physical god.

2.No i have never. There is always an explanation

3.i dont swear because i dont see the use of swearing

4. Why thank a god that doesnt exist undecided
I thank individuals if there is a reason for me to
Re: Do I Believe In God Or Not by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2016
Don't even waste your time.
emekaRaj:
I will try to share my experience with the spiritual side of life later. It's quite interesting
Re: Do I Believe In God Or Not by obisage(m): 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2016
emekaRaj:

Well since u said u haven't felt the spiritual side of life, I will ask you to try to, then I can talk to you more

I've since being longing for it but it ain't coming.
but I would advise you to read vast, read about other people's way of life, read about science, read about the origin of religion itself. read THE GOD DELUSION BY RICHARD DAWKINS

when you are done, I can talk to you more

(1) (Reply)

Tales Of A Pastor's Wife: An Unsung Hero (part 3) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/11/16 / Pope Francis Grant All Catholic Priests Power To Forgive Abortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.