Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,911 members, 7,872,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:13 AM

Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch (19433 Views)

Break Down Of September 2016 Allocation To States / Grand Total Federal Allocation To States From May 2015 To June 2016 / Federal Allocation To States For The Month Of July 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by mrvitalis(m): 10:01am On Nov 20, 2016
Bizibi:
smh.....and you feel so
,thank God the old man didn't allow some investors pull out of a project that is going on in Niger delta after threatening to move in their funds to Ghana.

Seriously every investor moving investment to Ghana is no real investor.. . Ghana is not the market... We are.. There is no how u will produce in Ghana and sale cheaper in Nigeria... Take that for a fact
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by mrvitalis(m): 10:02am On Nov 20, 2016
paulGrundy:

Higer cost of production can also smear the profit margin. Discoarage investors and investments. Market forces will be impaired.

Not when they can fix profit to balance such
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by kedeojo(m): 10:02am On Nov 20, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
They voted for Chain-ji sad angry

Me to THEM tongue tongue
always use ur brain cos what d cbn governor said was fall in oil price and it was globally. Why other oil rich countries don't feel d impact to much was that, they were able to diversify their economy when there was oil boom. Ours was looted. 20 years ago how many people know or visit UAE and they are oil rich countries too but they forsaw that a time like dis that we are witnessing will come when oil will fall, they diversify their economy to commerce and tourism and you can now see d impact for yourself now. D reason d president ordered nnpc to search for oil is to be able to get more money if found to d other ones already to properly used to diversify d economy to agriculture and solid mineral processing cos dis is our own comparative advantages. You need a lot of money for diversification and its also take time too cos its not like jar of a car u select easily. Today dubai is d place d whole world is going to for business and tourism and what they are making from this sector is enough for them too live and keep developing d country and so oil sales by them will be in their reserves.
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by mrvitalis(m): 10:04am On Nov 20, 2016
airminem:
Wrong! Telecom Have Always Short Changed You And Nigerians. So Its On A Fault Pillar Too
Which sector has not short changed us.. . From food, petroleum, bank, cloths. . Only competition can take care of that

Importers contribute nothing to a country and we have more impters than producers in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by paulGrundy(m): 10:06am On Nov 20, 2016
mrvitalis:

Not when they can fix profit to balance such

How by increasing costs? That would result to a fall in aggregate demand and low market for their products.
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by mrvitalis(m): 10:06am On Nov 20, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

And you think it's not in order if government tries its possible best to out things in place in order to curtail excess operational costs? First of, if manufacturers get constant power supply, prices of goods will come down. If there are access to facilities and to ready markets, prices will come down too. Also if government curbs multiple taxation, they'd encourage businesses to thrive. Not forgetting creating access to grant and loans for startups and exempting them from taxation for at least 2 years. In recession, you do your best to ease the pressure on businesses and the masses rather than worsening their conditions and hence expecting more investors to keep on trooping in..

Power generation is not an issue the telecom has proven that

2 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by mrvitalis(m): 10:08am On Nov 20, 2016
paulGrundy:

How by increasing costs? That would result to a fall in aggregate demand and low market for their products.
we have inflation bro hope u know what that means
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by Kaydeexotic(m): 10:12am On Nov 20, 2016
valdes00:
If you're bored like I am, here's what to do: Place a cube of sugar where ants are prevalent in your house. Observe as one ant will spot it, the little snitch will then go and report to others. After it has left, remove it, so that when the other ants come they will think the other ant is a liar and will never trust it again.
Is this for real or yur kidding.. .its funny tho.. grin grin
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by airminem(f): 10:12am On Nov 20, 2016
mrvitalis:

Which sector has not short changed us.. . From food, petroleum, bank, cloths. . Only competition can take care of that

Importers contribute nothing to a country and we have more impters than producers in Nigeria
So What Is Causing The Claimed Famine Now?

2 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by paulGrundy(m): 10:16am On Nov 20, 2016
mrvitalis:
we have inflation bro hope u know what that means

That is what's making things worse. The problem started with a fall in price of oil, our major exports which led to scarcity of forex, nigeria being an import-dependent nation, have no forex to purchase raw materials, imports scarcely available are sold at the prevailing exchange rate making it expensive. For now the solution is to;

1. Diversify the economy, focus on agriculture

2, Declare a state of emergency in agricultural sector ban peasant farming, and invest heavily on mechanized farm tools.

This would lead to;

#Availability of more raw materials for industries.

#reduction in the cost of food and food products.
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by SycophanticGoat: 10:18am On Nov 20, 2016
mrvitalis:

Reason why the masses pay through their nose in order to use such services?

Do you even know that Kenyans make 1 minute worth of call for only about N1 - N2 when compared to their currency and data is far more cheaper in Kenya than Nigeria. So no matter how hard you try to exempt the presidency from boasting our economy and Nigerian businesses, the bulk still lies on their table

2 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by Sakasitay(m): 10:18am On Nov 20, 2016
Here are a few things we could do to diversify the economy

http://24naira.com/4-other-things-to-offer-the-world-apart-from-oil/
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by Bizibi(m): 10:19am On Nov 20, 2016
mrvitalis:

Seriously every investor moving investment to Ghana is no real investor.. . Ghana is not the market... We are.. There is no how u will produce in Ghana and sale cheaper in Nigeria... Take that for a fact
hahahaha,is Nigeria the only market in Africa?
Ghana will use this opportunity to their advantage,the investment I'm talking about in Niger delta is worth 16billion dollars,the old man you re supporting almost lost that investment because it was his predecessor initiative, that project alone will fetch enough money fr the fg and the state govt.
Right now some of us are trying to bring in investors in the mining sector but convincing them is what we are finding it difficult,

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by Opiletool(m): 10:24am On Nov 20, 2016
Sibrah:
Does govt plant cassava, tomato, or fathers children?

Is there any form of assistance from the the government towards farming? Not the ones you read on the pages of papers or online, I mean real assistance?
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by Greenback: 10:25am On Nov 20, 2016
ba7man:
So "Chain-ji" is the cause of falling oil prices
it is the body odor of that za kwantiri chanji exponent..

Op,this should be an eye opener,let every region begin to look inwards and get their parasitic eye off the crude.

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by Bizibi(m): 10:26am On Nov 20, 2016
paulGrundy:

That is what's making things worse. The problem started with a fall in price of oil, our major exports which led to scarcity of forex, nigeria being an import-dependent nation, have no forex to purchase raw materials, imports scarcely available are sold at the prevailing exchange rate making it expensive. For now the solution is to;

1. Diversify the economy, focus on agriculture

2, Declare a state of emergency in agricultural sector ban peasant farming, and invest heavily on mechanized farm tools.

This would lead to;

#Availability of more raw materials for industries.

#reduction in the cost of food and food products.
the govt is not making any move in the agric sector,the minister is even dormant......i think the states will need to do more in agric,the fg is not really serious about diversifying, it is still the same oil oil oil.
They need to focus mining and agric sector especially mining...... there is money in mining and Nigeria have all the solid minerals u can think of

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by buffalowings: 10:26am On Nov 20, 2016
valdes00:
If you're bored like I am, here's what to do: Place a cube of sugar where ants are prevalent in your house. Observe as one ant will spot it, the little snitch will then go and report to others. After it has left, remove it, so that when the other ants come they will think the other ant is a liar and will never trust it again.

O ga O

Laaro sunday grin
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by Emassive(m): 10:28am On Nov 20, 2016
Lmao. Can't stop laughing bro...
valdes00:
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by Greenback: 10:30am On Nov 20, 2016
Sibrah:
So Buhari is the cause of fall in oil prices or you didn't bother to read the article at all?

did u just ACCUSE someone of not BOTHERING TO READ THE TOPIC?

I DEY LAFF O!!! Chaii!!! Nairalanders! Nigerians! shocked shocked

op,let every region look inward.

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 20, 2016
Opiletool:

Yeah, but is the government planning towards that? what is the government doing to implement the plans? until the government set up palliative measures as she accordingly move towards implementing better plans to alleviate the suffering, I still maintain my stance that these are terrible times to be called a Nigerian. Not because of the recession, but because the government is clueless as to what to do to make a turn around in our economy .
People just sit at the comfort of their home and type castigating the govt. If u are the president of Nigeria, what will you do differently in this situation? What policy options will you take to revive the economy considering the drastic fall in oil prices? Don't tell me diversification of which you know can only be possible in a time of boom or u go borrowing. I'm all ears expecting ur explanations. Pls don't call me a zombie cos the problem with Nigeria has gone beyond names calling but solution proferring.

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by mrvitalis(m): 11:13am On Nov 20, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Reason why the masses pay through their nose in order to use such services?

Do you even know that Kenyans make 1 minute worth of call for only about N1 - N2 when compared to their currency and data is far more cheaper in Kenya than Nigeria. So no matter how hard you try to exempt the presidency from boasting our economy and Nigerian businesses, the bulk still lies on their table
Bro stop lying even in south Africa its around 15 naira per minute and Nigeria has among the cheapest date in Africa get ur facts right
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by mrvitalis(m): 11:13am On Nov 20, 2016
airminem:
So What Is Causing The Claimed Famine Now?
What famine?? U well?
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by MrEverest(m): 11:17am On Nov 20, 2016
Sibrah:
So Buhari is the cause of fall in oil prices or you didn't bother to read the article at all?
Buhari's utterances, body odour and senseless actions since he took over are the main reasons we found ourselves in such unenviable position. Buhari is tactless, bereft of sound judgement and acts before thinking! His 97% and 5% statement, his cancelation of pipeline protection contract & pursuing of Tompolo, his crass nepotism & sectionalism in plural country, his poor economic team & wrong monetry policies etc. I can go on to list several other reasons why Buhari is to blamed for Nigeria's woes. Its not just because of crash in oil prices, infact reduction of export quantities by half due to militancy is even worse. Nigeria would not have been in such crises if a sound & reasonable president is in Aso rock!!!
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by Sibrah: 11:26am On Nov 20, 2016
MrEverest:
Buhari's utterances, body odour and senseless actions since he took over are the main reasons we found ourselves in such unenviable position. Buhari is tactless, bereft of sound judgement and acts before thinking! His 97% and 5% statement, his cancelation of pipeline protection contract & pursuing of Tompolo, his crass nepotism & sectionalism in plural country, his poor economic team & wrong monetry policies etc. I can go on to list several other reasons why Buhari is to blamed for Nigeria's woes. Its not just because of crash in oil prices, infact reduction of export quantities by half due to militancy is even worse. Nigeria would not have been in such crises if a sound & reasonable president is in Aso rock!!!
Did all these trashy excusses also prompted Iweala to warn us about hard times ahead?
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by MrEverest(m): 11:28am On Nov 20, 2016
mrvitalis:

Like seriously Power generation or lack of it is the major impediment to the growth of the economy and not just industries or companies alone. Nigeria can never develop without adequate power supply.
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by airminem(f): 11:33am On Nov 20, 2016
mrvitalis:
What famine?? U well?
Your Matter Large Pass Gulder
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 20, 2016
Your comments reek of infantile disillusionment and shoddy grasp of macroeconomic realities

A mandated IQ test prior to write access rights on some threads would be a way of screening out trolls from intelligent discourse

Mods, this guy needs to be banned for such poor judgement expressed in his comments. I had to log on today because of him

mrvitalis:

Really?... bros

mrvitalis:

What famine?? U well?
Famine is the logical place thus country will be if we continue in this trend. A 10 year old would see that

mrvitalis:

Import duty has raked billions this year alone. Am sure your state government monthly allocation is at the mercy of importers. China imports crude oil and raw materials. Us imports.... no nation can be an island... u just need to export more than you import!!!!!!

mrvitalis:

Unemployment in which sector? ?
Most employment in Nigeria were just government spending dependent... Thats bad.. Let the real sector drive the economy

mrvitalis:

It is not about government its about private sector
Higher prices of goods, attracts higher profits on investment which will attract investors and then in turn create jobs and market forces will force prices down on the long run

Higher prices..... create jobs in an inflation?

Of all your clueless comments, this one deserves an award. It sounds educated, but is against logic and questions your credentials from whatever you have now down to your junior waec cert
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by airminem(f): 11:47am On Nov 20, 2016
MrEverest:
This Top Class Economy Team, I Am Surpriz How They Ar So Inefficient In Fixing The Economy, Yet They Angels And Saint From Mars.
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by Ajusshi: 12:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
MrEverest:
Nigerians are treating a deadly situation with kids gloves, the earlier Buhari is removed, the better for us all. By january, Nigeria will enter depression and the crises that will result from it due to starvation will be terrible!
Though i'm not a fan of the certificateless cow rearing kunu sipping daura President Buhari aka El Clueless cum certified incompetent presidiot, i am of the opinion that Nigeria is not Venezuela and will never go that way.
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by Opiletool(m): 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2016
franciskaine:
People just sit at the comfort of their home and type castigating the govt. If u are the president of Nigeria, what will you do differently in this situation? What policy options will you take to revive the economy considering the drastic fall in oil prices? Don't tell me diversification of which you know can only be possible in a time of boom or u go borrowing. I'm all ears expecting ur explanations. Pls don't call me a zombie cos the problem with Nigeria has gone beyond names calling but solution proferring.

Name calling? I don't indulge in such a puerile stuff.
You mentioned boom and borrowing, but I don't see our lawmakers reducing their sitting and other allowances judging by the outrageous income they take in every month. Won't that help a little? And by government I don't mean the president alone, I was talking about the federal, state and local government, executive, legislative and judiciary. A reduction in the outrageous income of these people, the proceeds can still patch the economy to a certain extent.

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by valarinz: 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
valdes00:

Guy, you just made me laugh like a retard alone here, people around looked at me like "is he ok?"

Why na grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency Blames Opposition For Fg’s Failure To Stem Herdsmen Killings / Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC / Mass Exodus Hits Kano APC As Shekarau, Rurum, Kawu Sumaila, Others Join NNPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.