Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,213 members, 7,900,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:21 AM

Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch (19492 Views)

Break Down Of September 2016 Allocation To States / Grand Total Federal Allocation To States From May 2015 To June 2016 / Federal Allocation To States For The Month Of July 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by SycophanticGoat: 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
mrvitalis:

Bro stop lying even in south Africa its around 15 naira per minute and Nigeria has among the cheapest date in Africa get ur facts right

So definitely, the Kenyan reverend sister I met during my NYSC back in 2013/2014 lied to me I suppose? Or you probably know about Kenya better than the Kenyans I suppose.
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by djkirkoo2(m): 12:40pm On Nov 20, 2016
mrvitalis:

This is the best time for Nigeria.... Cheap dollars supply is no more so our subsidy for every goods can't be sustained.. . Look local production will grow
Have you purchased locally made commodities from the market lately?
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by davidif: 12:42pm On Nov 20, 2016
shankara7:
The zombies keep quoting textbook theories on how this recession could be a blessing to local production and our economy but forgetting that every economic theory always end with a clause "All things being equal" which implies that some assumptions were made to arrive at that theory. And because economists know that many factors like; lack of power, political factor etc and most importantly what we term the "Nigerian factor" might be an obstacle to these theories.

Apart from using the pejorative term "zombie" to dismiss a segment of Nigerians, your statement is probably one of the best comments I have read on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by valdes00(m): 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
SIRKOL:
Why do u want to cause a divide amongst ants?
Not my fault..... boredom do bring silly ideas to one's head
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by Izonpikin: 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2016
drss2:
d massive looting currently going on under buari's govt is unbelievable. wat happen to all d monies saved from leakages n ghost workers
na oil go still save the country...leave all those leakage gibberish..

Let buhari come and apologize to the niger deltans..

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by ba7man(m): 12:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
dondavinchi:
chanji kept us were we r nw before chanji d price of oil has fallen deeply so stop been stupid suffering n smiling,u ppl always try to protect dis mad man call buhari
Pls give me valid information and not your speculations.

The past administration was already borrowing at $65 per barrel to hide the fact that we were in recession already........ God knows what they would have done now that it's below $50 dollars per barrel.
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by coldFLARES1(m): 12:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
Don't politicians and technocrats manning positions of trust ever get tired of complaining of the drop in the price of crude?

Buhari has refused to get to work because he says past corrupt people brought us into this mess, yet I feel they are all liars! Pray tell, what has the reforms in the NNPC Customs, FIRS, NPA, NIMASA, Immigration etc achieved if revenues keep plunging. It may seem adequate to postulate that we have new set of thieves funneling the hitherto stolen funds from all revenue generating agencies to the pockets of the "saints".

I feel honestly sorry for my country as it stays bugged down with the leadership of a fellow that has no space in his brain for creative thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by kentus123: 1:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
drss2:
d massive looting currently going on under buari's govt is unbelievable. wat happen to all d monies saved from leakages n ghost workers

the recovered loots have been cleverly re looted by this saintly administration of Bubu, leading to our gradual and steady slide to recession, which will lead to our eventual slide to depression.

Then, we will all be happy

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by NovusHomo(m): 2:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
valdes00:
If you're bored like I am, here's what to do: Place a cube of sugar where ants are prevalent in your house. Observe as one ant will spot it, the little snitch will then go and report to others. After it has left, remove it, so that when the other ants come they will think the other ant is a liar and will never trust it again.

It is not good to sow mistrust, even among ants. grin grin
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by omohayek: 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
I personally regard this trend of falling federal allocations as a good thing: states should not be so reliant on federal handouts in the first place.

Most Nigerian states are not viable, and probably never will be. It's in expectation of federal allocations that the number of states in Nigeria has mushroomed from 6 under Gowon to 36 now, and those clamoring for yet more states wouldn't be so eager to have their way if the new states would have to rely on taxation to survive; the real reason why everybody and his cousin wants a state is so they can go to Abuja and collect their own portion of the "national cake" to blow on governors' mansions, useless state assemblies, political aides, overblown convoys, etc.

Remove the federal allocation entirely and watch the citizens of every state sit up as they see that it's their hard-earned money that is being wasted on vanity projects and siphoned off to foreign bank accounts.

4 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by mrvitalis(m): 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2016
djkirkoo2:
Have you purchased locally made commodities from the market lately?
Yes.. They will come down relax
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by mrvitalis(m): 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

So definitely, the Kenyan reverend sister I met during my NYSC back in 2013/2014 lied to me I suppose? Or you probably know about Kenya better than the Kenyans I suppose.
She can but Internet can't... Google is ur friend
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by totorimi: 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
The world greatest Bubu has done it again! BUBU! BUBU!! BUBU!!!

Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by NobilityPays(m): 4:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
Hmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!

You'd want to check my signature.
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by chigoizie7(m): 4:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
mrvitalis:

It is not about government its about private sector
Higher prices of goods, attracts higher profits on investment which will attract investors and then in turn create jobs and market forces will force prices down on the long run

I don't think so,

It all lies with government policies.

1st the cost of production is very high here, from power to raw materials(some are imported and fx is used for that, both of us know too well what the high cost of fx is doing to our normal daily goods). For 1st entrants into local productions, purchase of machines and other things are done using the fx which is very expensive.

With all these factors cutting the local manufacturers morale, nothing will happen unless there is a strong policy to help them boost for the 1st one or 2yrs of inception. Otherwise, u can't compare the prices of imported goods to that of locally manufacture standard goods. Considering the fact that all factors of production will be channelled down to the final consumer by the producers who are not finding the cost of production easy to manage. Otherwise they will be running on huge deficit which will see those companies folding up in no time and then back to square one.

My point is this, the govt has a huge role to play in terms of policies and security and accountability.

Those that request for fx for whatever reason should be properly scrutinised b4 release and once released, the govt should also make sure that the need for the approved and released fx are properly used for the reason it was issued.

This is just a few to many things to be put in proper check if our local production should work, and all of them are the responsibility of the government .it is in their place to make it work, however they want to carry it out, I don't care, they should just put all those staff employed and payed with tax payers money to work.
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by OreMI22: 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
Bizibi:
this is not eco 101,right now,investors are looking at Ghana as a favourable.....govt plays a role in an economy.the present govt policies are not helping issues now.

The suffering is just starting.

Where are those that asked for a NEPA bill from Buhari as his certificate? I hope they are enjoying what complete illiteracy and lack of tact combined with primitive bigotry can do to an otherwise prosperous country?
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by djkirkoo2(m): 10:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
mrvitalis:
Yes.. They will come down relax
Just keep believing Buhari @ur own perry
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by Cletus77(m): 10:56pm On Nov 20, 2016
baybeeboi:

So its no longer PDP's 16 years of misrule and corruption?

You are good at one thing
you sharp..o guess ill start taking note of my comments
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by Vikkinir12: 11:01pm On Nov 20, 2016
angry ;DD
BeeBeeOoh:
They voted for Chain-ji sad angry

Me to THEM tongue tongue
Re: Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch by Cooblo: 2:16am On Nov 21, 2016
naira land

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chibokgirls Graduate From School(photos) / Youth Besiege Abuja, Block Roads Celebrating Buhari’s Victory / Enenche Akogwu (ChannelsTV) Killed In Kano Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.