Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,200 members, 7,910,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 11:51 PM

South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) (21030 Views)

Fayose, Ambode, Amosun, Akeredolu In Abeokuta For South-West Governors Forum / Osinbajo, South-West Governors Visit Bisi Akande Over The Death Of His Wife / 13-year-old Zuriel Oduwole Interviews Buhari In The US(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 22, 2016
HtwoOw:

God bless your family
Amen! Same here.

1 Like

Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by asha80(m): 8:47am On Nov 22, 2016
awelekiti:
I wish I could give up to a million likes. Theirs is a sign of advanced democracy. I always state this, if all tribes were asked to go today, yoruba would adjust in no time because of their unique political ideologies which is lacking in other tribes. Anywhere gov okorocha talks in the south-east, a lot would attack him, including governors from the opposition parties, instead of buying his ideas of reviving their region . South-south is even worse off. Even their governors from same party are always at loggerheads with one another. North is a bit fair but they are still divided along the party lines. I love this!
maybe you should ask how okorocha has revived Imo state before talking with ignorance

1 Like

Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by Allee90: 8:51am On Nov 22, 2016
If you Southerners are man enough bring out your own candidate come 2019. Whatever political party you belong to you MUST vote for a Northerner. Idiots

1 Like

Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by Rajiolaade: 8:57am On Nov 22, 2016
Maybe Aisha Buhari was also evil & greedy when she complaint of her HUSBAND'S NEPOTISM. Tinubu will always dey KAMPE, yours is always headache.

1 Like

Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by ezechiernest: 8:59am On Nov 22, 2016
the last time it wz south east leaders now the south west ahha prophecy abut 2 be fufiled Nnamdi kalu knows wat he is saying
Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 22, 2016
asha80:
maybe you should ask how okorocha has revived Imo state before talking with ignorance
How? The same imo that I used to know when Ikedi Ohakim was governor? Can you compare the 2 administrations and tell us the truth? Why didn't yorbua govs discard gov fayose because he didn't govern Ekiti well? I hail from that state and I can compare fayemi's administration with that of fayose and clearly spot the difference. This is the same issue we're talking about, amongst you. You guys need a political re-orientation.

2 Likes

Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by pyxon(m): 9:04am On Nov 22, 2016
Afonjas are united only on the pages of newspapers and are only good in regional and opposition politics. Once they get to Federal level, they backstab, deny and wish other bad
Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by asha80(m): 9:06am On Nov 22, 2016
awelekiti:
How? The same imo that I used to know when Ikedi Ohakim was governor? Can you compare the 2 administrations and tell us the truth? Why didn't yorbua govs discard gov fayose because he didn't govern Ekiti well? I hail from that state and I can compare fayemi's administration with that of fayose and clearly spot the difference. This is the same issue we're talking about, amongst you. You guys need a political re-orientation.
he has revived Imo according to you compared to ohakim abi? How is Imo performance in waec or ssce now? What is the quality of his constructions? One rainy season and everything falls apart is your type of reviving abi? Yes he has probably done more than ohakim but saying other se stares should lead from him is a bit of ignorance display..as for discarding fayose are you kiddin me? The same sw folks who have been continually deriding the man on social media? Abeg stop the self deceit

2 Likes

Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by buchilino(m): 9:14am On Nov 22, 2016
DIS IS VERY INTERESTING, LET ME RELAX N WATCH D WHOLE DRAMA.
Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by murmee: 9:15am On Nov 22, 2016
Godfullsam:
Where is gov. Mimiko of ondo state? Is he no longer a south west governor

Governor Mimiko was represented by the Secretary of State. We all know that the Governor is very busy right now because of the coming elections in Ondo state. He should be at the next meeting holding in Ekiti state.
Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by meccuno: 9:18am On Nov 22, 2016
coptic:
One of PMB's greatest undoing was involving himself in the affairs of the Southwest. I'm sure he did it for "his" people. But, he should have considered his people's people.

The binding force of politicians is greed. He missed that part when he thought that Tinubu will let go of the plate easily.

Never try to divide a house that once united for you. For all his stupidity, Fayose knows better than to go against the wishes and interest of the Yoruba nation. And for now, that rallying point is Tinubu.

Regardless whether his motives are fueled by greed or otherwise, a move against him will be seen as a move against the Yoruba nation. Why? Because he's the kingmaker that made most of their contemporary leaders.

Someone may wonder how him being a kingmaker furthers the interest of his people. The response is that he installed performance-proven personalities. That's an impression some of his benefactors' ego trip cannot erase.

This is akin to involving yourself in a husband and wife affair. You should know better, sir.
a drug dealer is your leader?
Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by seunmsg(m): 9:20am On Nov 22, 2016
Nukualofa:
only two apc sw governor boycotted it plz.

Three governors actually. Ambode, Ajimobi and Aregbesola.
Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by jneutron4000: 9:20am On Nov 22, 2016
pyxon:
Afonjas are united only on the pages of newspapers and are only good in regional and opposition politics. Once they get to Federal level, they backstab, deny and wish other bad
that shows that there is trouble, lies, wickedness at the federal level that is why Afenifere are clamouring for regional government
Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by Acekidc4(m): 9:23am On Nov 22, 2016
temitemi1:
2019 is going to be so interesting cool

Chaiii Ogbeni Fayose thug, u still dey around!!
How ur Ministry??!!
Ah don miss ur Ranting ooooogringrin

1 Like

Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by seunmsg(m): 9:23am On Nov 22, 2016
iykedare:

You have a problem. Aren't you the same guy who has been praising buhari? What happened ?

You are just like tonyebarcanista - you are double faced.

I remain a staunch supporter of the Buhari administration and nothing in my post suggest otherwise. Pushing for Yoruba unity is different from wishing for the failure of the current government.

3 Likes

Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by emi14: 9:29am On Nov 22, 2016
Sunnymatey:
Prophet Fayose saw the future and warn u guys now u realize the North were only after ur vote and not ur progress. Tinubu have sold u into slavery for a plate of poridge.

Hahahahahahahaha...Tinubu's middle name sounds like regrets regretting regretted. Decisions based on revenge and hatred landed him in perpetual misery.
Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by Emassive(m): 9:34am On Nov 22, 2016
So now they are listening to Fayose... Good Move and very commendable
Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by KENNING2010: 9:37am On Nov 22, 2016
Thisis2raw:
At the end we are still one. Nice one by them

Yes I agree, nice move by the SW governors

2 Likes

Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by PenSniper: 9:45am On Nov 22, 2016
Godfullsam:
Where is gov. Mimiko of ondo state? Is he no longer a south west governor

He is being pursued by the devil he inadvertently introduced into PDP's race for #OndoDecides2016. Am not sure if he still has his bearings talkless of attending the meeting. BTW, he is already on his way out anyway so his input may not be that important but am sure he was with them in spirit.
Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 22, 2016
asha80:
he has revived Imo according to you compared to ohakim abi? How is Imo performance in waec or ssce now? What is the quality of his constructions? One rainy season and everything falls apart is your type of reviving abi? Yes he has probably done more than ohakim but saying other se stares should lead from him is a bit of ignorance display..as for discarding fayose are you kiddin me? The same sw folks who have been continually deriding the man on social media? Abeg stop the self deceit
I'm glad you're able to say a bit of the truth about okorocha and that alone has made my day. Ohakim is still owing a lot of contractors till date, including my partner's firm. Okorocha managed to settle the debt up to 60%. Ohakim wrecked the state to the ebb in his time and you can't deny this fact. What was the waec performance of students when ohakim was in power? Maybe you need to also tell me since you appear to be more informed. You talked of poor construction abi? I wonder if rochas is the contractors. Have you forgotten same okorocha refused to settle the fraudulent contractors because of their poor jobs which almost cost him the second term in office when the contractors took to the streets in protest, that he's owing them a lot of money whereas they didn't say it was because of their bad job they were not paid? Did you know that SE contractors were also awarded onitsha-enugu highway by obj which they did so badly and later abandoned after doing barely one-tenth of the job, despite they had been mobilised up to 75%? Same corrupt fellas were protesting when fashola told them the road will be awarded to JB this time because he wouldn't allow them to give him a bad name as they did his predecessors? Your people just need to check themselves. On fayose's case, we all know where he belongs politically and that doesn't make yorubas disown him outrightly and that's what you've just seen in the picture above. We may have our POLITICAL differences but when it comes to achieving a common goal, we push politics aside and face realities. That's yoruba for you

2 Likes

Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by PenSniper: 9:54am On Nov 22, 2016
Sunnymatey:
Prophet Fayose saw the future and warn u guys now u realize the North were only after ur vote and not ur progress. Tinubu have sold u into slavery for a plate of poridge.

Who gave a condemned Osu caste lamb the right to meddle in the affairs of a freeborn people ?
The slaves are those begging to be freed from Nigeria.
Conversely, when the SW decides to leave Nigeria, we will lay claims to our rights and speak with authority and nothing/nobody can stop us.

4 Likes

Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by drnoel: 9:56am On Nov 22, 2016
SKYTREND:

http://skytrendnews.com/2016/11/22/2019-swest-governors-close-ranks-say-politics-external-influence-wont-divide-us/

Its about time. The problem to this equation is that south west governors are just 6 compared to the northern governors they are a midget group.
On the day the whole south (south-south, south-east and south-west) start seeing common grounds to work together the core north would start trembling. The north-centre has never really had any problem with the south so coexisting with them would not be a problem.
Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by ibadanfinest(m): 9:57am On Nov 22, 2016
I am APC my.bro is PDP, that does not mean if i need something he wont give it to me and vice versa. Fayose is pdp, others are APC. The theme was about yoruba nation. We are all yoruba first. Fayose can change to APGA tomorrow but he cannot change from yoruba to Igbo

2 Likes

Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by PenSniper: 10:01am On Nov 22, 2016
Abeymills:
Buhari u betrayed deceived brought hunger death recession disunity upon Nigerians by d grace of God u will have a dose of ur own medicine

Amen.

1 Like

Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by PenSniper: 10:02am On Nov 22, 2016
KingRex1:
Forget this.. As political leaders, their loyalty goes to their various political parties first

Keep dreaming in delusion.
Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by asha80(m): 10:02am On Nov 22, 2016
awelekiti:
I'm glad you're able to say a bit of the truth about okorocha and that alone has made my day. Ohakim is still owing a lot of contractors till date, including my partner's firm. Okorocha managed to settle the debt up to 60%. Ohakim wrecked the state to the ebb in his time and you can't deny this fact. What was the waec performance of students when ohakim was in power? Maybe you need to also tell me since you appear to be more informed. You talked of poor construction abi? I wonder if rochas is the contractors. Have you forgotten same okorocha refused to settle the fraudulent contractors because of their poor jobs which almost cost him the second term in office when the contractors took to the streets in protest, that he's owing them a lot of money whereas they didn't say it was because of their bad job they were not paid? Did you know that SE contractors were also awarded onitsha-enugu highway by obj which they did so badly and later abandoned after doing barely one-tenth of the job, despite they had been mobilised up to 75%? Same corrupt fellas were protesting when fashola told them the road will be awarded to JB this time because he wouldn't allow them to give him a bad name as they did his predecessors? Your people just need to check themselves. On fayose's case, we all know where he belongs politically and that doesn't make yorubas disown him outrightly and that's what you've just seen in the picture above. We may have our POLITICAL differences but when it comes to achieving a common goal, we push politics aside and face realities. That's yoruba for you
I will not be uncharitable as to say that okorocha has not done more than ohakim..my grouse with you is saying other governors or leaders or people in se generally should look up to him when has not done significantly better than others..that line sounded like politics for me..as for Imo doing better under ohakim the records are there..imo that used to be 1st or 2nd is now 5 and 6th..by the way ohakim and okorpcha have fraudulent histories..as for sw governors meeting it is not the first time we are seeing such..when the effects start rolling in let me know

1 Like

Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by aiir2303(m): 10:02am On Nov 22, 2016
pyxon:
We have seen u..its like u couldn't wait to say something.just look at your stupidity

2 Likes

Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by PenSniper: 10:03am On Nov 22, 2016
SillyMods:
[s][/s]
Read and comprehend before posting nonsense!

Comprehension from a hate-filled dullard ?
Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by Nebuchadnezar: 10:03am On Nov 22, 2016
modath:

Used to think you be Abokiii. smiley

BTW, na me drop the 1st Like!!

Oops aboki are no more allies grin
Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by Nebuchadnezar: 10:06am On Nov 22, 2016
[s]
modath:

Bros 2 things....

1.Prophet Fayose? shocked ... Nothing wey we nor go see for this our NL alley again.. No need to join issues with you...twould be a waste.. We all know who consider themselves slaves & in need of "liberation smiley

2. Your siggy & u dey put people for work? No English teacher?.... LucrAtive not "lucrEtive" .... ingrish in tulobu.. smiley
[/s]
Sharap yerobas are fulani slaves

1 Like

Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by PenSniper: 10:21am On Nov 22, 2016
coptic:
One of PMB's greatest undoing was involving himself in the affairs of the Southwest. I'm sure he did it for "his" people. But, he should have considered his people's people.

The binding force of politicians is greed. He missed that part when he thought that Tinubu will let go of the plate easily.

Never try to divide a house that once united for you. For all his stupidity, Fayose knows better than to go against the wishes and interest of the Yoruba nation. And for now, that rallying point is Tinubu.

Regardless whether his motives are fueled by greed or otherwise, a move against him will be seen as a move against the Yoruba nation. Why? Because he's the kingmaker that made most of their contemporary leaders.

Someone may wonder how him being a kingmaker furthers the interest of his people. The response is that he installed performance-proven personalities. That's an impression some of his benefactors' ego trip cannot erase.

This is akin to involving yourself in a husband and wife affair. You should know better, sir.

I am yoruba and i hated Tinubu for his attitude towards yoruba leaders who made him a governor and for his romance with Buhari beacause i was a living witness of the latter's 1st coming and his inglorious escapades against the yoruba and Pa Awo.
However, for Buhari to blazingly try so soon to bite the fingers that fed him with such arrogance, my hatred for Tinubu dissipated more so that he is not being vilified for corruption.
Whether anybody likes to accept it or not, there is not a singular rallying point in yorubaland today than Tinubu. Not even OBJ.
Aside from the issue of corruption, the yoruba will never throw their errant child into the tiger's mouth. As far as the SW is concerned, Buhari and his henchmen are paper-weights.
The outcome of Ondo state's election will send the desired signal from the region to detractors.
Re: South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) by PenSniper: 10:25am On Nov 22, 2016
MyGeneration:
Afonjist coneheaders grin

Eternal slaves of the north from 1953 to date. When will your task-masters grant your Biafra ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bakare On Presidency: Sowore Will Do His Turn, I Will Do Mine / Tinubu-shettima: CAN Engaging In Spiritual Banditry – Islamic Group / Chile Eboe-Osuji Elected President Of International Criminal Court (ICC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.