Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,162 members, 7,887,382 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:00 AM

Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US (53175 Views)

Man Shot Dead In Ozoro, Delta As Youths Protest POS-Carrying Policemen (Graphic) / Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Philippines In Broad Daylight (Pictures) / Man Shot Dead In Aba By A Policeman While On His Back Home From An Eatery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by MPEROR: 6:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
R.I.P

UNTIL YOU WALK THE WALK. DON'T JUDGE
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by mmsen: 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
SirJeffry:
...No family, lived alone...He was definitely involved in some dirty deal since it wasn't a case of stray bullet.

Rip though.

Why does living alone equate to 'dirty deal'?

How does a rational person jump to such a foolish conclusion?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by wiloy2k8(m): 6:49pm On Nov 22, 2016
Singapore1:
in as much as i sympathize with them, but biko no bring his corpse come here
he left Nigeria 30 years ago

Here no be Burial Ground abeg

i swear
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by InvertedHammer: 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2016
NickleTheory:
This shìt doesn't make sense...How can you live in the states for 30 years and be a common Cab driver and he had a degree for Fvcks sake .

/

It depends on how you understand it.

Office work: $60k salary - $20k (taxes and many deductions) = $40k
Cab driver: $50k earning - $0 (taxes and deductions) = $50k

But you are ready to look down on a cab driver because he does not wear fancy suits and ties. It takes years of living in US to look at the numbers instead of the titles. JJCs usually chase titles first until years later when they find out that ordinary nurses make more than office managers. And you wonder why many Nigerian men and women with prior advanced degrees end up in Nursing.
\

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by fkdmods: 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
Baroba:

Depends on the degree, maybe cabbie was paying more.. Very possible..

Not maybe. Nigerians don't get it. Cab driving in the U.S pays a hell of a lot of money. Especially if you have your own medallion. The only reason a lot of people don't do it is because some consider it below their level. Immigrants don't care about that which is why you mostly see Africans, indians, chinese, etc do it. I did it for like 3 months but had to stop because of health reasons. It is a good way to get very fat. Plus, it was below my level. cool

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by lozanni(m): 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
SirJeffry:
...No family, lived alone...He was definitely involved in some dirty deal since it wasn't a case of stray bullet.

Rip though.

Give him the benefit of doubt. It could have been a case of mistaken identity, random racial hatred, pure professional or personal jealousy you never can tell.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by Kingbuhari(m): 6:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
haba uncle 30 years in State no wife no children, this Afonja man must be a gay, maybe one of his gay partiner dash him 1grandnut after he promise him marriage but fall out afterwards... either way u are going 6ft beneath... RIP
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by fkdmods: 6:59pm On Nov 22, 2016
Kingbuhari:
haba uncle 30 years in State no wife no children, this Afonja man must be a gay, maybe one of his gay partiner dash him 1grandnut after he promise him marriage but fall out afterwards... either way u are going 6ft beneath... RIP

I don't know which is more absurd. Your thought process or that you have a brain you don't use.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by godson4u79(m): 7:00pm On Nov 22, 2016
Guns don't kill people, people kill people.. sorry dude RIP
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by papilo90(m): 7:00pm On Nov 22, 2016
Dking99:
RIP!
What must have happened? No CCTV?

America and gunshooting sef!

The surveillance camera however caught the alleged gunman during and after the attack.
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by iluvpomo(m): 7:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
It looks like another black on black crime ... yet Black Lives Matter will be crying about police brutality undecided

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by xilixr: 7:06pm On Nov 22, 2016
Dear Nigerians, If you behave like oshodi robbers in the US u will be shot!
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by notoriousbabe: 7:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
At 56 no wife and no children. No wonder cucumber is very expenses in the market
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by koxi: 7:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
Sad
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by koxi: 7:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
notoriousbabe:
At 56 no wife and no children. No wonder cucumber is very expenses in the market

shocked cucumber "expenses"?
Blood of god

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by notoriousbabe: 7:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
koxi:

shocked cucumber "expenses"?
Blood of god
what?is cucumber not expenses in your area?
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by notoriousbabe: 7:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
Kingbuhari:
Cyril efobi is a Yoruba name abi?your joke is so dry just like you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by Benbobola(m): 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
HtwoOw:
Sorry for the gun shot , but Nobody shoots anybody for no reason
Really? Have you heard of "the Nigerian police"?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by Jadoskii(m): 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2016
SirJeffry:

Rip though.
bros see as u dey jump enta 6ft conclusions...do u knw if na impotency make am no marry nd get children

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by planetx: 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
d.

Kangaroo Journalism.[/color][/i][/b][/quote]
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by grandstar(m): 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
DICKtator:

I don't understand your "might be too Nigerian to fit in" comment

How can someone "might have been too Nigerian" to fit in in a multicultural and multiracial country as AmeriKKKa?

grin grin grin grin

Have you not seen some Yoruba people in the North or Igbo people who seem out of place. It's as if they never left their homeland.

Some nigerians only have friends within the Nigerian community abroad. Some don't bother to adapt their accent so that the average American can understand you.

Amanpour, the CNN journalist fled Iran with her parents during the IranIan revolution.

She had to shed her local accent or she would not get a job.
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
sekundosekundo:
@ 56 you are still single, hope you didn't cucumber another's wife and it led to this.
Go kill urself!
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by planetx: 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
NickleTheory:
This shìt doesn't make sense...How can you live in the states for 30 years and be a common Cab driver and he had a degree for Fvcks sake .

Kangaroo Journalism.
You obviously don't know what you are talking about, cab driving is one of the most lucrative hustle for a immigrant in the US. You can easily save $1000 every week and I mean save after your expenses working your own hours without somebody bossing you around.
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
SirJeffry:

Rip though.
how the hell did you come to this conclusion? Detective? A lot of people in the USA do not have families that does not mean they are criminals. Comprende? grin
unless you know some thing we don't know
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by sekundosekundo: 7:49pm On Nov 22, 2016
comradeodunze:
Go kill urself!
Your childishness stinks
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
planetx:
You obviously don't know what you are talking about, cab driving is one of the most lucrative hustle for a immigrant in the US. You can easily save $1000 every week and I mean save after your expenses working your own hours without somebody bossing you around.
true! a very easy and comfortable way to make a lot of dough in the USA and England i work as a cab driver weekends (saturday and friday night) and i go home with £500 and i also get to take some of my very beautifull female clients home after a nice time, if you know what am saying? smiley wink.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by Neyomickey1: 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
NickleTheory:

Kangaroo Journalism.
Dupe tie... shit happens... C'est la vie
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by planetx: 8:07pm On Nov 22, 2016
gypsey:
true! a very easy and comfortable way to make a lot of dough in the USA and England i work as a cab driver weekends (saturday and friday night) and i go home with £500 and i also get to take some of my very beautifull female clients home after a nice time, if you know what am saying? smiley wink.
Nigerians look down on it because they came from a society where if you are not wearing suit and tie and sweating like a Christmas goat you are considered a nobody. I bet you this guy have multiple houses and property in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
no where is completely safe...we can only rely on him that created us for protection.
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
planetx:
Nigerians look down on it because they came from a society where if you are not wearing suit and tie and sweating like a Christmas goat you are considered a nobody. I bet you this guy have multiple houses and property in Nigeria.
Absolutely! I am not bragging but i ve got a two 2 bedroom houses in london almost mortgage free, just from cabbing weekends and not to talk about all the properties in nigeria. I ve been cabbing weekends for nearly 5 years now and it's brilliant! I also work for uber some times. To hell! with nice shiny shoes, suits and ties 8 to 10 hours shift jobs. Some of my friends who works in banks as cashier always come to borrow funds from me just because they are earning pittance and broke all the time.
though cabbing can be dangerous atimes as in the case of this guy, you come across all kinda people from drug dealers to junkies, drunks and prostitutes all sorts of criminal activities and criminals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by mykeljosef: 8:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
HtwoOw:

except white police shooting black people....
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US by logicab: 8:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
HtwoOw:
Ignorance. Gang members kill random people for initiation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Yahoo Boys Jailed In Ilorin (Photos) / Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family / Man Narrowly Escapes Rape By Gay At A Private Party & The Comments Are Hilarious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.