Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,632 members, 7,944,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 08:18 AM

When Will We Actually Be Leaders Of Tomorrow? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will We Actually Be Leaders Of Tomorrow? (566 Views)

2019: Atiku Meets With Leaders Of Arewa, Yoruba And Ohanaeze Youth Groups (PICS) / Anambra Governorship Election: The State Of Nnewi Town Ahead Of Tomorrow / A Picture That Depicts When Children Are No Longer The Leaders Of Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will We Actually Be Leaders Of Tomorrow? by williamdeluxe(m): 10:28pm On Nov 23, 2016
When Will We Actually Be Leaders Of Tomorrow? – Touching Article All Nigerians Must read

Leaders of tomorrow
We are the leaders of tomorrow? I doubt it!!!

I woke up today and I asked myself, “OLUWASEUN, are we going to be given the opportunity to use our potentials & visions to make this nation a better place to live?” Are we really the leaders of tomorrow as they proclaim?

Then, I recounted that some of our fathers, & mothers in the early times who are now of age 40’s, 50’s & 60’s were all either primary or secondary school students as at that time when our current President was the then commander in chief of armed forces in this country.

Let us all ask them if there is hope, they gave themselves hope then just like us and kept singing “we are the leaders of tomorrow”. Today, 80-90% of them are mostly civil servants or in one way or the other still under those barbaric leaders that has been leading us ever since, they are just rotating power within some set of people.

I was still pondering on this, when this question popped up in my mind saying ” Oluwaseun when will this people stop moving from one position to the other?” ( from LG chairman to house of rep, from 8years commissioner to 2terms governor, from minister to president, from governor to president, from Senate to minister) & all sort.

I could not find any answer, I was so sad that I kept wondering where all graduates since the late 70’s are. Only 1% of them are struggling with either political life or business to make it to the top.

Hmmnn… I’m still wondering over my thoughts. I can keep sharing my thought with you till this year runs out. But I think all I need is answers, solution, way forward & opinions!

When will we actually be leaders of tomorrow?

When will we be given a chance to serve our land as we dearly want?

When will this country be a better place to live?

I have a lot of questions that needs answers & I know you do as well which is why I deemed it fit to share my thoughts with everyone out there in this country who has the plan. Let’s come together and join hands to make this country worth looking up to by any other country !!!

Re: When Will We Actually Be Leaders Of Tomorrow? by Dosmay(m): 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2016
nice write up bro
Re: When Will We Actually Be Leaders Of Tomorrow? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:40pm On Nov 23, 2016
We must take the leap of faith in 2019 and push for generational shift in leadership.

Meanwhile, I shall be standing for election in 2019...

Victoria Acerta
Re: When Will We Actually Be Leaders Of Tomorrow? by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2016
After ATIKU cool
Re: When Will We Actually Be Leaders Of Tomorrow? by littlewonders: 10:59pm On Nov 23, 2016
We've heard a lot of questions about the same title, it keeps resurfacing every hour in everyday yet no one has birth solution to the growing decay.

Those who we think or depend on, keeps rolling stupidly, selling to their right for a teaspoon by adding injury, confusion to hearts who came together with good intent.

My personal solutions:

1) youths can form formidable team(a movement) cut across all region with stated goals.

2) a non governmental arm it will be, devoid of politicians. Put a campaign across all areas with title: "youths are taking over"

3) leaders in each state will intensively start mobilising
Until the 'old realize we've woken up to take what belongs to us. If not, we all at 45 will still be waiting to be the future of tomorrow while we leave our unborn kids in torture.

The Big QUESTION: HOW DO WE START?
Re: When Will We Actually Be Leaders Of Tomorrow? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 23, 2016
littlewonders:
We've heard a lot of questions about the same title, it keeps resurfacing every hour in everyday yet no one has birth solution to the growing decay.

Those who we think or depend on, keeps rolling stupidly, selling to their right for a teaspoon by adding injury, confusion to hearts who came together with good intent.

My personal solutions:

1) youths can form formidable team(a movement) cut across all region with stated goals.

2) a non governmental arm it will be, devoid of politicians. Put a campaign across all areas with title: "youths are taking over"

3) leaders in each state will intensively start mobilising
Until the 'old realize we've woken up to take what belongs to us. If not, we all at 45 will still be waiting to be the future of tomorrow while we leave our unborn kids in torture.

The Big QUESTION: HOW DO WE START?

This Nairaland forum is the best medium for mobilization and reorientation of the Nigerian youth but see what goes on here nowadays,, seems the dumb people in nairaland are more than the sane ones nowadays. If you see the sort of thrash Nigerian youths comment politics or religion section , you will weep like a widow. Seun Should have used this forum as a source of awareness for the Nigerian youth cos the last time i checked, 100% of nairalanders are youth. But his rather busy chasing small small kudi, he has been vested a medium already to have a say as far as youths are concerned. his a source of inspiration to many but it seems he isnt ready to assume that mantle we will just have to wait for another hero. The Youth Council and Nans are all politically affiliated, so they aint even an option. I wish i had a blog like this but unfortunately i dont. To motivate and rally youth is what we need. We need moral as well as reorientatio revolution. Many youths dont k ow there worth because they already sold it for bag of rice and tomato.. Poverty has been far too long used as an excuse for our underdevelopment. We still have the highest birth and death rate in the world so i dont j ow what we should be scared of again afterall in felas word 'my people always get reason to fear, we no wan fight, we no wan die, we no wan quench, papa dey for house, mama dey for house'. I still believe in thir forum though, i have faith i Nigeria, i love Nigeria. i have no other country, am a patriot and i will do anything in the course of improving it. How about we start a kinda elite youth discussion thread or a forum. ??

1 Like

Re: When Will We Actually Be Leaders Of Tomorrow? by Funlordjnr: 11:48pm On Nov 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Meanwhile, I shall be standing for election in 2019...

grin grin grin
Re: When Will We Actually Be Leaders Of Tomorrow? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:52pm On Nov 23, 2016
Funlordjnr:

grin grin grin
I'm counting on the support of Nairaland family...
Re: When Will We Actually Be Leaders Of Tomorrow? by mikolo80: 1:50am On Nov 24, 2016
When you start leading.
Re: When Will We Actually Be Leaders Of Tomorrow? by littlewonders: 12:54am On Nov 25, 2016
Justdulla:

This Nairaland forum is the best medium for mobilization and reorientation of the Nigerian youth but see what goes on here nowadays,, seems the dumb people in nairaland are more than the sane ones nowadays. If you see the sort of thrash Nigerian youths comment politics or religion section , you will weep like a widow. Seun Should have used this forum as a source of awareness for the Nigerian youth cos the last time i checked, 100% of nairalanders are youth. But his rather busy chasing small small kudi, he has been vested a medium already to have a say as far as youths are concerned. his a source of inspiration to many but it seems he isnt ready to assume that mantle we will just have to wait for another hero. The Youth Council and Nans are all politically affiliated, so they aint even an option. I wish i had a blog like this but unfortunately i dont. To motivate and rally youth is what we need. We need moral as well as reorientatio revolution. Many youths dont k ow there worth because they already sold it for bag of rice and tomato.. Poverty has been far too long used as an excuse for our underdevelopment. We still have the highest birth and death rate in the world so i dont j ow what we should be scared of again afterall in felas word 'my people always get reason to fear, we no wan fight, we no wan die, we no wan quench, papa dey for house, mama dey for house'. I still believe in thir forum though, i have faith i Nigeria, i love Nigeria. i have no other country, am a patriot and i will do anything in the course of improving it. How about we start a kinda elite youth discussion thread or a forum. ??

You've spoken well. Realities birth by some youth these days whose future is non linear as they've become avid nuisance to political godfathers using them in manipulating and working against their will.

If assembly of reasonable youths without bias mind could come together, be it from social forums or any detour with a goal of taking the society from those egomaniacs who never wish to stepbdown from power, then a dot to progress would have just begun.

I'll suggest we start here even if we don't succeed, at least a foundation is needed for others to mount on.

I love Nigeria, my only country. If I don't fight for Nigeria to be right before I die, then when I die I'll regret of not fighting for my country, of which I don't want to regret.

Let's start, am with you!

(1) (Reply)

UPDATE: Church Building Collapse: Gov.commiserates Victim Families; Probe Panel / Facts About Nigeria You May Never Have Known / Boko Haram: Borno State Government Reopens Gubio-damasak Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.