Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,634 members, 7,914,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:36 AM

White Man Cheating Us In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / White Man Cheating Us In Africa (2546 Views)

White Man, Policeman & Okada Rider On One Motorcycle Over Fuel Scarcity - Photo / Abubakar Tatari-Ali Cautioning A White Man - Caption Photos / Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Mamajama(m): 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2007
Why does the government of Nigeria allowed this barbaric and slave mentality act in our own country?
Hotel that is going for less than $100 in USA is been offered to Nigerians at a whooping outrageous price
Lagos Sheraton at #59,000 Naira. is this fair deal or slave mentality.

Why is there so much segregation in Nigeria upper class? when will there be equality in our country?

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/search/ratelist.html?requestedChainCode=SI&requestedAffiliationCode=SI&numberOfRooms=01&numberOfAdults=01&arrivalDate=2007-01-24&departureDate=2007-02-15&lengthOfStay=22&propertyID=445&ratePlanName=&roomOccupancyTotal=01&city=Lagos&stateProvince=&country=NG&corporateAccountNumber=&searchObject=SearchResponse
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by 4Play(m): 8:57pm On Jan 06, 2007
What is that got to do with race?

If it cost more to pay for a hotel room in NIGERIA is that now the whiteman's fault?
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Coco29(f): 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2007
@4-play angry angry angry angry
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Mamajama(m): 9:04pm On Jan 06, 2007
Yes its the white man's fault because they cant get away with that crap here in the state, they know Nigerians like to show off,
we like the best of the best
so if the white man call a water something we will pay outrageous price just to differentiate ourself from our fellow citizens.

I strongly Blvd the investors in Nigeria and Africa are just after profits and not trying to better the society, where is the community obligations? cooperate and social responsibilities?
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 06, 2007
Well Mamajama, if you're not rich enough to pay for it, then stay away. People still visit Sheraton and pay for it. Simple demand/supply bro., the high price is meant to weed out the broke idiots like you.

At the end of the day, it's foreigners that end up paying for the hotels anyway. Airlines and co. use it to host guests, workers and etcetera. I know someone who used to work with Michelin, they hosted their conferences there and the French parent company paid for it.

Stop whining, this has nothing to do with the white man, it's simple economics and if you want to change it you might consider increasing the supply of 5-star hotels instead of whining.

1 Like

Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Mamajama(m): 9:47pm On Jan 06, 2007
Donzman  usually I ignor fool like you, how do you know im broke? what makes you think i'm an idiot. I was in the hotel for more days than you can imagine, my point is to get peoples idea on the segregation, dumb ass like you in London a dirty ass city that can't afford a tube ride calling me broke?  boy you better go clean the rest room before you are fired. PUNK

if you care i can send the picture of me balling. faq
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 06, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Donzman  usually I ignor fool like you, how do you know im broke? what makes you think i'm an idiot. I was in the hotel for more days than you can imagine, my point is to get peoples idea on the segregation, dumb ass like you in London a dirty ass city that can't afford a tube ride calling me broke?  boy you better go clean the rest room before you are fired. PUNK

if you care i can send the picture of me balling. faq

Well you might be balling but you're not intelligent enough to realize that there's no segregation going on. There's a dearth of 5-star hotels in Nigeria so the few ones will inevitably charge exorbitant fees to weed out broke folks like you who can't pay. It's simply demand and supply so instead of whining, insulting Donzman and trying to prove how deep your pocket is to me, you should be thinking of building more 5-star hotels in Nigeria to correct whatever problem you see. See where a little bit of intelligence can take you, it takes you away from screaming discrimination to actually understanding the problem.

Give all thanks to God, people like Donzman still exist on this board to cull poor thinkers like you.  cheesy

1 Like

Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Mamajama(m): 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2007
silence is the best answer for a MUGU, and its a new year, Ill rather ignor you than to respond to you, have a good day
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 06, 2007
Isn't it ironic you paid for the hotel for days only to come here and scream segregation? Couldn't you have gone to other low-brow hotels and patronize Nigerian-owned businesses?. . .No you chose to pay for the whiteman's and you're here complaining. Wow, you're even more stupid than I thought.

I didn't expect you to put up much effort, you had no point to begin with. What an idiot!

1 Like

Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Mamajama(m): 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2007
Punk if you must know, I work for a very nice cooperation and with my status I don't have to pay for anything, I get free treats, why are you still here talking? are you a gay? there is something called reward points here in America a more civilized state and with that point you can stay in a 7 point hotel if you will

I have projects in my state in Nigeria benefiting lots of poor people, what do you have in Nigeria beside slkaving in a white mans country and trying to talk about someone been broke? if I must say you probably sharing a studio in London
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Mariory(m): 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2007
Donzman:

Couldn't you have gone to other low-brow hotels and patronize Nigerian-owned businesses?. . .No you chose to pay for the whiteman's and you're here complaining. Wow, you're even more stupid than I thought.

Lol was thinking the exact same thing.
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Eurphoria(f): 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2007
BLOODY backward LOON, its called capitalism slowpoke. Everything is racism in some people's books what losers. Listen do you know How much people living in London fork out for all sorts compared to other European union countries and yet the EU would have people believe its fair. please do you hear Brits shouting racism when to buy a car in UK cost almost 2times more compared to other countries in the EU?

Stop waiting for the so called white man to bring you guys these things then , i bet if the shoe was on the other foot you as a Nigerian would charge much much more, just shut the hell up and stop whinging, you don't like it go do something about it, or are you too poor to afford it? Get off you broke black ass and affect change and stop whining. FUKSAKE

don't bother replying because i am so gone, this stupidity and cry baby mentality displayed by many Black people sometimes makes me want to puke.
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 06, 2007
Even though Eurphoria hates me, I'll like to admit she's got smarts. grin

@Mamajama

You're a typical idiot. You pay for the hotel (without force) and yet to come out here to scream segregation. Couldn't you have asked to be placed in a different hotel to put the point across that their fees are intolerable. As long as idiots like you keep paying for it, they'll keep charging those prices. Patronize the local cheaper hotels, that is the first step to take if you think there is segregation. You willingly stay in the hotel only to turn around and scream racism.
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 06, 2007
Gospel according to mamajama

Hotel cost in the USA - $100 = N14000
Hotel cost in Nigeria - N59000 = $421
- all calculations done at N140 - $1

Conclusion - Whitemen are racist towards Nigerians!

Fact:
Hotels based in Nigeria unlike in the USA own their own power corporation (aka generator), they are responsible for their own water supply (aka borehole), it is their civic duty to provide good roads, they are responsible for their own security! It is their responsibility to fight corruption-engendered inflation ala cost of food and other basic items required to run the hotel. Air travel for the foreign owners of these hotels have to pay for our dilapidated airports in the guise of exhorbitant air fares!

Still this is all the fault of the white man. . . grin
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by babasin(m): 2:13am On Jan 07, 2007
Mamajama is right. It is unduely expensive.

I wanted to urgent wire money for hotel payment for some people in Nigeria. The WU people were shocked when I told them how much per night cost.

In same Nigeria, Abuja sheraton is about $100, so why Lagos that much: $400?
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by superman(m): 2:22am On Jan 07, 2007
MAMAJAMA y u wastin ur time with these fools
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by BigB11(m): 5:51am On Jan 07, 2007
@MAMAJAMA

First, I do not think the Sheraton Hotel in Nigeria is owned or operated by white man.

Second, even if the hotel is owned by white man; the cost is high because it is very risky to invest your money in a country that is unstable in every way. Someone has to pay for the risk taken by the investors operating their businesses in Nigeria, a fragile country that has a cloudy future.

Believe me, I will triple charge you if I have to risk my investment in a country where number 1 man and number 2 man are acting like a 2 year old, a country where everyone wants to run for the presidential position, a country where 80% of the governors are seeking for a suitable method to escape after their term, a country where Mr. president changes the constitution as he likes, a country where the system and culture embrace corruption.

Hence, I say "blame Atiku and OBJ"

Finally, this is one of the reasons why we should appreciate someone like[b] ADENUGA[/b], who is determined to invest heavily in Nigeria and make a dream come true for a common Nigerian.
Believe me, the more we continue to harass serious Nigerian investors, the more white man will continue to buy out Nigeria gradually.
Smart countries protect their native investors. We need to follow the same step and empower ourselves and our economy.

MAMAJAMA (ODEKU), you know you're my man, but it's time to wake up and stop blaming white man and IBB for everything.
By the way, why didn't you holla at me? Believe me, you didn't have to stay at the Sheraton hotel.
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by LoverBwoy(m): 6:56am On Jan 07, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Yes its the white man's fault because they can't get away with that crap here in the state, they know Nigerians like to show off, we like the best of the best
so if the white man call a water something we will pay outrageous price just to differentiate ourself from our fellow citizens.
I strongly Blvd the investors in Nigeria and Africa are just after profits and not trying to better the society, where is the community obligations? cooperate and social responsibilities?

I think the title is inappropriate
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Ndipe(m): 10:36am On Jan 07, 2007
If you feel that the hotel overcharged you, you could have picked another hotel. But since your company was paying for it, why even complain in the first place? Are you really trying to rile up Nigerians by indoctrinating them that the white man is oppressing them in their country, because Sheraton billed you 400 dollars a Night? I doubt if any Nigerian would even bother siding with you. They would even assume that you are only bragging that you stayed at the sheraton hotel. Please, there are more headier stuff weighing the average Nigerian, and racism isnt part of it.
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Coco29(f): 11:46am On Jan 07, 2007
mamajama

Nl is full of nonchalant buffoons, it is impossible to say any thing of use, or knowledge, to "black" people who has been contaminated by whites.

especially those fking them.

there is a better forum if you need to discuss things like this, every one will not agree with you but the discussion is mature. i will email you. if not check out my email and i will give you the address. wink
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Kayor(m): 11:52am On Jan 07, 2007
sad[color=#006600][/color]
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Kayor(m): 11:53am On Jan 07, 2007
sad[color=#006600][/color]
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by mamaput(f): 12:47pm On Jan 07, 2007
The white man comming today comes as a biz man and like every biz man its all about Profit.
He wants his profit in Dollars not in Naira. So all expenses included.
For those of us that want it cheap am sure Nigerian also has Missionaries.
We can go to them and line up with the poor for that.
If i cannot afford a first class Chinese restutant i make do with the Chinese restaurant around the conore.
Everyone according to his pocket.
The white mans hotel is not the only hotel.
In No country in the world are all hotels the same prise please.
Bed and breakfast and mamaput tells us something not SO
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Mariory(m): 2:40pm On Jan 07, 2007
Coco29:

mamajama

Nl is full of nonchalant buffoons, it is impossible to say any thing of use, or knowledge, to "black" people who has been contaminated by whites.

there is a better forum if you need to discuss things like this, every one will not agree with you but the discussion is mature. i will email you. if not check out my email and i will give you the address. wink

Blind leading the blind as they say. Your kind should truely stay together and talk together. Stop traumatising normal people with your deluded outbursts.
Have a fun retarded email chart.
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Eurphoria(f): 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2007
Ah! there is still hope-----for this i am hopeful smiley
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2007
Coco29:

What an excellent way to describe your kind. As for those fking around, i clearly remember you being the directionless one with 4 kids, no husband, peddling your wares around to just about any "nubian king". Carry go madam!
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Coco29(f): 6:24pm On Jan 07, 2007
davidylan:

What an excellent way to describe your kind. As for those fking around, i clearly remember you being the directionless one with 4 kids, no husband, peddling your wares around to just about any "nubian king". Carry go madam!

sweetie it is the second time you have mentioned my children !! and the fact that i left their father.  undecided

and yes you have spoken about me and that fact that i love the sexuality  section.

smiley
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 07, 2007
This topic has no merit, only deluded humans like Coco29 will see any merit in such a claim.
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by superman(m): 12:56am On Jan 08, 2007
superman thinks there is at least only one already deluded !

stupidity is blindfolding!
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by ikamefa(f): 1:45am On Jan 08, 2007
shocked shocked shocked

ewoooooooooooooo! shocked

subscribing smiley
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Ugwumba(m): 1:58am On Jan 08, 2007
*tried to subscribe, but thought better of it. now unsubscribing. Hell, some days are just that, hell*
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Eurphoria(f): 2:24am On Jan 08, 2007
Ika !!!! grin instigator2 grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! / South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive / Questions To Expect During Interviews For Confidential Secretary Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.