Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,634 members, 7,901,950 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 06:10 PM

Interested In IATA Certification! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Interested In IATA Certification! (9353 Views)

Interested in AutoCAD, PDMS, MATLAB or Autodesk Inventor In Ibadan or Lagos? / Iata Certification / Interested In Being A Chartered Administrator?Get All Questions Answered Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interested In IATA Certification! by ugochikoed(f): 10:59am On Nov 07, 2009
IATA AND THE AVIATION INDUSTRY PAYS WELL.

1 Like

Re: Interested In IATA Certification! by badaboom: 6:28pm On Nov 11, 2009
we knowthe industry pays well,do u offer d certification or do u want to acquire it
Re: Interested In IATA Certification! by Pelummy(f): 11:26pm On Nov 15, 2009
@ poster,hw do u intend to gv d IATA CERTIFICATE,am intrested
Re: Interested In IATA Certification! by nykee(f): 1:01am On Nov 16, 2009
IATA (INTERNATIONAL AIR TRANSPORT ASSOCIATION)its an aviation sector,u can only register for the exam tru their agent .i know of Landover aviation school in ikeja.and better still u can start from obtaining the advance diploma form in any of the courses they offer.
i have advance diploma in ticketing and reservation,and i wrote the IATA exam last september.

for more details search google.

1 Like

Re: Interested In IATA Certification! by nykee(f): 1:08am On Nov 16, 2009
check this

Re: Interested In IATA Certification! by badaboom: 5:26pm On Nov 17, 2009
@nykee
u said u wrote d exam,so r u working in d industry,doesd exam give u an edge in gettin employed n does d aviation skool assistin gettin job placement aft u finish d course with them
Re: Interested In IATA Certification! by nykee(f): 1:06pm On Nov 18, 2009
@badaboom im currently working in aviation industry,the aviation skool i attended in lagos only helped with my IT placement.but i applied for the job online myself and im currently working in an aviation industry.IATA certificate is the best u can get for an aviation job,the exam is twice in a year i.e March and September,so if u are interested google and search for yourself or visit any IATA accredited centers for more info.u can check LANDOVER AVIATION SCHOOL .
Re: Interested In IATA Certification! by sophy09: 1:41am On Nov 20, 2009
People are funny o, you keep saying avaition industry. where you work no get name? why do people like fooling others, it is not as if the job is there after IATA diploma, it is a good program cause i did it but there is no assurance you get a job.Most times all these travelling industry tell yo u that you need to have experience before you can workwith them. I have been there so i know what am saying, and i won't advise you to use landover, they will promise you a job and all that but all na lie. the program is good but,
Re: Interested In IATA Certification! by nykee(f): 8:38am On Nov 20, 2009
@Sophy09 the poster only askt if i work in an aviation industry(its simple english)how on earth do u want would u believe u'll get a job tru Landover.na wa 4 u o,and as for the experience,are u hearing that for the first time??even if u want to sell pure water now,they'll tell u same.

1 Like

Re: Interested In IATA Certification! by nykee(f): 8:42am On Nov 20, 2009
[s]@sophy09 i did it but there is no assurance you get a job[/s] funny dude grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Interested In IATA Certification! by WAVixen: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2009
sophy09:

People are funny o, you keep saying avaition industry. where you work no get name? why do people like fooling others, it is not as if the job is there after IATA diploma, it is a good program cause i did it but there is no assurance you get a job.Most times all these travelling industry tell yo u that you need to have experience before you can workwith them. I have been there so i know what am saying, and i won't advise you to use landover, they will promise you a job and all that but all na lie. the program is good but,

I have followed this post with keen interest, and what everyone has contributed has been useful. On a personal note, after completion of a diploma in air ticketing and reservation, getting IT placement has been like looking for the proverbial needle in a hay stack. The so called training schools promise placements, but don't deliver. For the lady who got IT placement from her school was extremely lucky. Numerous visits to some travel agencies proved disheartening, most of the agencies are sleeping posts, and not encouraging for a starter. They arent even willing to take students wanting to do IT. I have had to source for passengers myself. The IATA certification is actually the best that can happen to anyone aspiring to go further in the aviation industry. Prefering to work freelance, will it be possible to work as a sales representative in any agency?

1 Like

Re: Interested In IATA Certification! by lanregirl: 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2009
I wrote the iata exams myself and am currently undergoin industrial training in a travel agency.all i can say as per job placement is that wen u go to school to study and get a bsc u arent guaranteed a job,u look for it.so it is wit iata,after the exams u still ave to work hard to prove ur worth before u are taken seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Interested In IATA Certification! by WAVixen: 3:24am On Nov 24, 2009
Is there anyone who knows of any travel agency that requires IT students for sometime?
Re: Interested In IATA Certification! by chi9ja(f): 12:33am On May 19, 2010
sorry m kinda l8 to this gist but if i'm hearing u guys correctly then it seems u r saying u can register ur travel agency and book people on flights but its better to do the iata exam as its more professional.
Q1. will airlines not take ur bookings if u r not iata certified?
Q2. must u employ some1 wit the certification in your company?
Re: Interested In IATA Certification! by okwyonyeka: 7:41pm On Jan 06, 2012
@nykee
I will like to have ur direct contact. Plz does any one have an idea of any AVIATION TRAINING SCHOOL in Abuja.
Thanks
Re: Interested In IATA Certification! by Tendermartin(m): 9:14am On Nov 12, 2013
Plsssssssssssssssss WAVixen and nykee how can i acquire or train for the 'IATA certification' i will need your urgent response please please u may contact me on 08121021393... just send an sms and i'll call u back immediately plsssssssssssssss.

or is there someone else who could help out embarassed

WAVixen:
I have followed this post with keen interest, and what everyone has contributed has been useful. On a personal note, after completion of a diploma in air ticketing and reservation, getting IT placement has been like looking for the proverbial needle in a hay stack. The so called training schools promise placements, but don't deliver. For the lady who got IT placement from her school was extremely lucky. Numerous visits to some travel agencies proved disheartening, most of the agencies are sleeping posts, and not encouraging for a starter. They arent even willing to take students wanting to do IT. I have had to source for passengers myself. The IATA certification is actually the best that can happen to anyone aspiring to go further in the aviation industry. Prefering to work freelance, will it be possible to work as a sales representative in any agency?
Re: Interested In IATA Certification! by Tendermartin(m): 9:17am On Nov 12, 2013
ugochikoed:
IATA AND THE AVIATION INDUSTRY PAYS WELL.

pls how do i get the IATA Certification

(1) (Reply)

Plight Of Street Sweepers In Abuja / What You Should Know About Some Interviews / Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.