Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,716 members, 7,938,181 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 07:23 PM

Chemistry Of Fart - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chemistry Of Fart (908 Views)

Guys Between Biochemistry And Industrial Chemistry Which One Is Better / Understand Chemistry Better.......sodium Trioxocarbonate Iv / The Chemistry Of Idioms 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chemistry Of Fart by abdulahi001: 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2016
Flatulence colloquially known as flatus or fart is something common in our society, which people shy away from discussing. As nature will provide, nothing one can do to prevent it irrespective of race, colour, gender, religion and spiritual being. Before now, there are many tales and fables about fart which has being scientifically disproved.

The purpose of this write-up is to analyse the chemical/elemental composition of an average fart because, fart are a bit different from each other in terms of few elemental/gaseous composition as a result of dietal difference and different levels of bacterial presence in every human being but before now, we've all perceived the odour of flatus before and with our sense of judgement, we will all agree that the concentration of each flatus differ from another due to the smell.

CAUSES OF FART

Flatulence is as a result of mostly bacterial fermentation in the gastrointestinal tract which is given as a by-product and air we swallow. Aerophagia (excessive swallow of air) which is a rare case, do occur and responsible for excessive flatus.

CHEMICAL/ELEMENTAL COMPOSITION OF FART

Fart as a gas is divided into two parts:

a) Non-Smelly: Over 99% of fart is non-smelly, it is further divided into two:

1) Non-flammable: The gases present in fart that do not combust include 59% of Nitrogen, 9% carbondioxide, 4% oxygen and less than 1% combined Hydrogen sulphide (H2S), methyl mercaptan/methanethiol.

2) Flammable: In a typical fart, there's about 21% hydrogen, 7% methane.
I can bet my blog on it that, ever before now, you didn't know fart can catch fire and you just go about blowing the butt trumpet anywhere you like, but now that you know, don't fart anywhere near fire so that we don't hear story that touches the heart.
If you want to practically try this, please do it under supervision as most cases of trial resulted into accident, have fire extinguisher close by.

b) Smelly: Here comes the nose-squeezing part whose most people thinks is a major part of the intestinal gas, but as said earlier it is less than 1% of the whole gas, hydrogen sulphide, methylmercaptan and other Sulphur containing compounds are what is responsible for the stinky part of fart, the more Sulphur-rich your food is the stinker your fart is and vice-versa.

FACTS ON FART

1) Fart can also mean "Frequently Actuated Rectal Tremor
2) Averagely human being fart 14 times daily
3) Human fart more while sleeping
4) The daily average fart of a person is enough to fill a balloon
5) Fart is flammable

6) The sound of fart has nothing to do with what eated, is a result of vibration of the sphincter muscles in the any.
7) Fart as a word is regarded as a vulgar word, flatus or flatulence is said to be more appropriate.
cool Fart travels averagely 9.5km/hr

9) Sulphur, that smells in fart is less than 1%of a typical fart
10) Beans is notorious for fart production but what makes it stinks are egg, red meat, diary products and food with high Concentration of yeast.
11) People who study farts are called flatologists.
12) Withholding fart could cause headaches,

haemorrhoids and distended bowel.
13) Withheld fart find it's way during sleep.
14) 3 hours after death, human body is said to continuously fart and burp.
15) People who fart for living are called flatulents.

16) Dogs love the smell of fart.

17) There are clothes designed specifically to trap bad smell of fart.
18) There drugs to make fart smell like chocolate or rose.
19) Farting on airplane always seems uneasy because of the cabin pressure.
20) There are some smart fellers who are professional fart smellers who make up to $50000 annually by diagnosing digestive/intestinal illness only through the odour of a flatus.

Thank you for reading.

Source: http://bud-ol..com.ng/2016/11/chemistry-of-fart.html?m=1
Re: Chemistry Of Fart by softMarket(m): 5:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
You didn't add "Fart can kill" undecided

the day i knew that farts can kill was the day i slept in a room with one Bisiola.........cool

i nearly suffercated!! grin
Re: Chemistry Of Fart by dejt4u(m): 5:19pm On Nov 27, 2016
softMarket:

the day i knew that farts can kill was the day i slept in a room with one Bisiola.........cool

you are right
Re: Chemistry Of Fart by Disneylady(f): 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2016
softMarket:

Really?
Re: Chemistry Of Fart by softMarket(m): 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2016
Disneylady:
Really?

sister, u need to thank GOD for me o

one of ur species nearly Murderd me grin
Re: Chemistry Of Fart by Disneylady(f): 5:45pm On Nov 27, 2016
softMarket:

sister, u need to thank GOD for me o

one of ur species nearly Murderd me grin
Oh so you are one of the Homo habilis specie?.....sorry ehn
Re: Chemistry Of Fart by softMarket(m): 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2016
Disneylady:
Oh so you are one of the Homo habilis specie?.....sorry ehn

ok.....bye bye Ma

lemme go and sleep cool
Re: Chemistry Of Fart by Disneylady(f): 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
softMarket:

ok.....bye bye Ma

lemme go and sleep cool
Berra undecided
Re: Chemistry Of Fart by abdulahi001: 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2016
softMarket:

Haba bros!!! With what I've learnt self, fart can heal.

(1) (Reply)

See All What Jamb Candidates Must Know Before The Registration Commence / Fast Track University Degree / 3 Truths To Remember When You Are Feeling Worthless.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.