Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,124 members, 7,887,248 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:21 AM

Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say (43270 Views)

See One Record Of Ronaldo That Messi Cannot Break Untill He Retires / ‘ronaldo Does Things That Messi Doesn’t’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by LorDBolton(m): 9:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
engrchykae:
. olympians mean the gods of olympus not olympic medalists,it seems u are a literature toddler.
messi sit with Zeus in mount olympus while ronaldo sits with the kings of the earth

Oga which books did you see that?

ANYBODY who participates at the Olympics is called an olympian.

Thus ur analogy falls flat grin
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by kunleariwayo: 9:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
Messi after the great Pele of Brazil is the next greatest in football..Rinaldo cannot even be in the first 10..Is rnaldo better than zidane,maradona,ronaldo delima,Johan cruyff,frank beckenbauer,Garincha,...c.Ronaldo's not even close to messi..

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by LorDBolton(m): 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2016
Frankaka8:
FIFA worldcup silver medal + MVP best player of tournamnent........ and Euros with (6draws and 1win for 90mins)(best loser dubious group stage qualifiers (lol)) without MVP award... Wch is better??

,which is better?

That's a rhetorical question right?

Who will pick silver+mvp over GOLD +no. Mvp?? Lol
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by dharn10(m): 9:36pm On Nov 30, 2016
The status has said it all. Ronaldo stated professional football 3years before we know Messi. So far, Ronaldo has won best player of the year 3 times while Messi has won for 5times. This is enof for us not to argue again, except we are saying we know more than fifa.

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Franchise21(m): 9:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
TeleboiZ005:
Oga franchise21 come o....

They are downgrading my world-best....

Whats ur say

Left 4 mhe...

Messi is merciless in any matches...

Messsiiiiiiiiiiii
Lol. CR7 any day, any time grin
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Ovokoo: 9:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
Why una no call me when this argument just start? me and my paddy almost break each other head because of these two.

I usually have my preffered candidate in any argument but that does not blind me to the obvious unbias fact.

I am a barcelona fan and i love messi to bits and sometimes, i tend to downplay the qualities of Ronaldo.

He's actually better than i give him credit for if you judge both on them using most metrics, you'll realize that Messi is better than Ronaldo (I don't know about miles). He has won more everything than Ronaldo.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by kosh999(m): 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2016
Vick4rill:
this is solely your opinion. a cristiano ronaldo lover will easily counter this claims. as for me am yet to see what messi can do in the field that ronaldo can not do so also is messi. if you talk about messi winning trophies than ronaldo what abt other trophies ronaldo has that messi does not have. the truth is that messi and ronaldo are different player entirely who very good at what they do.they dont play in the same position and each person is better than his opponent in one way or the other. but my reason for pickin ronaldo over messi, is his consistancy despite been in different clubs

You sabi ball ma oga...fools will argue and argue... how can u compare someone with left foot and someone with both... they just good at their level... Ronaldo prove he can do it in another club..let Messi try it too... simple..
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by kosh999(m): 9:45pm On Nov 30, 2016
Icon79:

Yeah, Messi cannot play in the EPL. Just look at what Messi's bench warmers (Yaya Toure, Alexis Sanchez, Pedro etc.) are doing in the EPL....at least, that would tell you that Messi cannot play in the EPL. Bizarre people!!

And by the way, while at it, we should refuse to rate Mikel Jordan and Kobe Bryant as good Basketball players because they ended their careers with one team. Some of you guys are just pure retards angry

LOL I can see why you stuck with just a girlfriend..you cheat....
Think about it bra... since when has messi started playing first team for baca compared to ronaldo entrance in laliga.. yet he keeps breaking records and setting some... he no try?? And pls this is foot ball not basketball.. get ur facts right...
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by hopefulLandlord: 9:45pm On Nov 30, 2016
ddippset:
am not talking about who will remember or not remember what. let's use our common sense just between me and you. which is more of an achievement? getting to a world cup final of 32 teams and playing counties like Nigeria, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany or winning Euros if 24 teams playing Hungary, Iceland, Wales, Croatia,France. which is a more difficult feat? am not doing history lessons here.

what are you really saying here?

getting to final is no achievement especially in a country that has won the world cup before

abeg stop twisting
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by foladara777(m): 9:45pm On Nov 30, 2016
olayemite:

Olympic football event is not a FIFA tournament.... Senior level i.e national team is the most important, in this regard, Ronaldo has an edge over Messi..
They're both great players
The only thing of note ronaldo has achieved with his national team is euros and he was not even on the pitch, he had two good games out of 7, crediting ronaldo with the triumph is folly when pepe was even more consistent...
Messi has one golden balls at u-20, copa America and d world cup... Those are individual awards not team titles that are won by a team... And even if we are talking yen titles, Messi has won ten more titles then ronaldo despite being two years younger

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by komonibo(m): 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
Icon79:

Yeah, Messi cannot play in the EPL. Just look at what Messi's bench warmers (Yaya Toure, Alexis Sanchez, Pedro etc.) are doing in the EPL....at least, that would tell you that Messi cannot play in the EPL. Bizarre people!!

And by the way, while at it, we should refuse to rate Mikel Jordan and Kobe Bryant as good Basketball players because they ended their careers with one team. Some of you guys are just pure retards angry
lol e Don vex
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by kosh999(m): 9:47pm On Nov 30, 2016
[quote author=kinggogo post=51518261]I'd always stand by legend Xavi's quote

Ronaldo is extraordinary but compared to Messi, for me and for everyone who likes football, there can be no comparisons.

“Messi will be number one until he wants [to stop]. He’s superior to everyone and is the best in the world, unless you are a Real Madrid fan.grin grin

It's so so glaring tongue

Honestly dis shouldn't b an argument sef, y tapnaldo is bn compared to Messi is bcus he's d one a bit closer to Messi's level
[/quote

Mumu if messi score tap ins his surely your God. .. if ronaldo score penalty na penal do. ..una no get sense... person we play with different midfielders for different years compare to messi with xavi and still iniesta... wtf you saying bra... think oga
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 30, 2016
Idc how many goals Ronaldo has. I watched both of them and for me it's messi. I remember watching him vs America this year, he evaded 4 defenders and still got the shot off.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by foladara777(m): 9:48pm On Nov 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

what are you really saying here?

getting to final is no achievement especially in a country that has won the world cup before

abeg stop twisting
But winning the best player of the tournament award is an achievement, Messi has won MVP at three different international tournaments, how many has ronaldo won
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by olusledge: 9:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
Sultty:
which English team has barca played and Messi scored more? Arsenal ba? Yeye let him play more competitive league like Ronaldo and C how his rank will be lowered
brother he destroted arsenal destroyed mancity,baba you have a phone...please make very good use of it
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by foladara777(m): 9:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
[quote author=kosh999 post=51524782][/quote]
Messi play with xavi and iniesta but he also played with Pedro, keita, bojan e.t.c... Ronaldo's team was more expensive than barca's team. Ronaldo played with Ozil, do maria, Alonso, bale, James, Marcelo, Kaka, Modric... For the past couple of seasons, Madrid had had better players than barca but barca are still winning titles more than Madrid
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by TeleboiZ005(m): 9:55pm On Nov 30, 2016
Franchise21:
Lol. CR7 any day, any time grin
Becuz hez tall abi

Dont worry,ma doctor is seriously working on messi's heightgrin

#IStandWithMessi....
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by collinscabal(m): 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
I hate this arguement since 2008 we ve been on this matter, they re both just good in wat dey do, just imagine ronaldo on d air he is better while messi nd his mesmerizing runs so every player has his own ability. To me messi is pure talent while ronaldo his hardwork paying but me prefer ronaldo but I think messi is just amazing nd a beauty 2 watch too
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by oribi(m): 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
miketayo:

only his last game...i follow d nba more than soccer

me na NBA b my food...nice to meet u........

i feel the reason you feel he was poor was based on the standard he has created over the years

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/kobe-bryant-player-stats
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Tosyn007(m): 10:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you must be thinking you're talking to a novice that you'll shut down with jibes

Ronaldo had 3 goals and 3 assists in the Euros

first goal was an equaliser in their final group game

first assist was a pass to Nani to equalise in the same game

second goal was also an equaliser in that game again!

next assist won the quarter finals for Portugal against Croatia

his next goal was the goal that gave them the lead against Wales

next assist put the Welsh game to bed and killed any chance of comeback

All Ronaldo's goals and assists were of utmost importance and when his team needed it the most

don't even try to downplay it

Ronaldo fan boys, they'll always digress from main argument, you were claiming Messi didn't win a tourney as if only he can do it. So you're saying his 3 goals and 3 assists{that's wasn't even enough to make him MVP} were the only factors that won them the tournament?

Portugal winning the tournament doesn't mean Ronaldo's individual performance bettered Messi in their respective tournaments. Unless you wanna be bias.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Gidi7(m): 10:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
To me,they re both gud musicians.Both of them have released hit songs back to back. grin
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by gameboyo: 10:20pm On Nov 30, 2016
olusledge:
messi has scored more goals against english teams than anyother teams he has faced in the champions league ...brother no talk for that one ,find another thing talk

How many English teams has he faced? Has he scored against Chelsea?
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Franchise21(m): 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
TeleboiZ005:
Becuz hez tall abi

Dont worry,ma doctor is seriously working on messi's heightgrin

#IStandWithMessi....
CR7 for FIFA Ballon d'OR 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by TeleboiZ005(m): 10:25pm On Nov 30, 2016
Franchise21:
CR7 for FIFA Ballon d'OR 2016
undecided
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by olusledge: 10:29pm On Nov 30, 2016
gameboyo:

How many English teams has he faced? Has he scored against Chelsea?
is chelsea the only english team? he has face 3 english teams
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Franchise21(m): 10:31pm On Nov 30, 2016
TeleboiZ005:
undecided
Hw far? Be like say u b IBO or Efik/Ibibio dude to support Messi grin
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Tosyn007(m): 10:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
[quote author=kosh999 post=51524782][/quote]

I doubt you're even thinking yourself. Xavi left and Messi became Barca's playmaker, and he's excelling. Ozil left Madrid, Ronaldo sulk and now he has to push Benzema out of his default position so he could become highest goal scorer.

When Messi was a winger, he outdribbled Ronaldo. When he became a striker he outscored Ronaldo now he's the best all round player in the world whereas Ronaldo only excels inside the 6yard box. The only thing Ronaldo is famed for is scoring goals but still he can't even outscore Messi. By the time Messi is 31, Ronaldo will have no record/Stat to his name.

OH maybe only on penalties Sha.

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Baasebaa0570(m): 10:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
olusledge:
messi has scored more goals against english teams than anyother teams he has faced in the champions league ...brother no talk for that one ,find another thing talk
including chelsea abi u high ni oga
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by smashad(m): 10:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
ddippset:
all my life I never heard on TV, radio or seen in the internet ,any player or commentator or journalist call ronaldo the best ever or compare him to maradona and pele. not once! but all my life I have heard a lot of times journalists, footballers and commentators compare messi to maradona and pele and call him the best ever. enough said.
That's because Ronaldo no get comparison...just wait u ll keep listening till the end of ur stay here no comparison
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Katyusha(m): 10:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
foladara777:
See... There's no contest, Messi is better and it's not even close... He scores with higher frequency, assists at a higher rate, dribbles with greater regularit, has won a higher number of trophies... Every single stat that actually matters point to Messi's superiority, so...
Bobo..Ronaldo has a better La Liga goal to match ratio than Messi.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Vick4rill(m): 10:35pm On Nov 30, 2016
Sammiejokes:

he cannot have his assist record, he cannot play a central midfield role. Ronaldo is a great player after Messi. Ronaldo has a standard but messi does not have a standard, he is the standard.
listen you are been very biased here. like i said before this is your opinion. not everybody fancy messi style of football?
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by smashad(m): 10:35pm On Nov 30, 2016
yeezyquan:
Ronaldo is compared to messi
messi is compared to the likes of Pele.maradona
Now listen to your self... explain comparison...if Messi is compared to Pele,maradona and Ronaldo is compared to him,then what are u now saying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Onaolapo Pulls Pant Off After Commonwealth Win! / Victor Osimhen’s Attack On Victor Ikpeba Was Unprovoked And Disrespectful / Why Keeping John Obi Mikel Is Chelsea’s Best Transfer Move So Far This Summer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.