Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,225 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:20 AM

Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say (43267 Views)

See One Record Of Ronaldo That Messi Cannot Break Untill He Retires / ‘ronaldo Does Things That Messi Doesn’t’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by engrchykae(m): 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2016
tall2ce:
people said playing 3 defenders cant work in England, but since conte got the formula right. 4 teams played 3 at the back last week and Guardiola is doing fine too. My question is why the shout about EPL, when your teams are total failure in UCL, in the past 3 seasons Spain has won all UCL and UEL titles. So keep quiet.
so u saw what i sawed.epl is just an overhyped gathering of average kickvand follow boys.
gods play in spain while boys play in the land of the pirates(england)
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by hopefulLandlord: 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2016
oxlademega:
Wait You say there is nothing Messi can do on the field that Ronaldo cannot do?.. Are you even normal, Can Ronaldo dribble only 2 players sef (impossible!!), or can he give all those creative long diagonal passes Messi gives countless times, Guy the things too many abeg. The only thing Ronaldo has is more goals as of recent, but in their overall career, check opta, Messi has a well better rate.

nonsense!

Ronaldo has dribbled more than two players to score a goal, look at his goal against galatasaray 2 seasons ago or just check his goals highlights on YouTube

diagonal passes? lmao! I've seen Ronaldo thread the eye of a needle and make it

maybe Messi does that more but Ronaldo has done and is capable of doing likewise
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by LorDBolton(m): 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
ddippset:
even till today I still pity those lads. they called them inferior players, even ronaldo at the 2014 world cup called his own players inferior to him, people said they were thrash, people said they were nothing without ronaldo, people said ronaldo single handedly carries them on his back. yet they went and won the euros without him. nani, pepe, moutinho, contreao, renato sanchez, bruno alvez, mereiles, elder, cavalho, andre gomez. these are the players the world and yourself mischievously call inferior. at least they proved the world wrong and won the euros final without their egotistic captain who started forming warrior on the sidelines. the whole world on the other hand acknowledges that messi would be a world cup winner and a copa america winner without higuain letting him down.

Lmao. Oga stop drinking b4 coming to NL na wink

Cr7 criticised his REAL MADRID TEAMMATES last season NOT portugal and yea that's why we love CR7 he's honest they needed to step up and after his criticism the players stepped up their game especially lucas vazquez

As for the euros pls go online and see how HIS TEAMMATES WERE PRAISING HIM FOR HIS PEP TALK DURING HALFTIME.

Anyway Be honest man for man aren't those players inferior? Compared to France, Germany, Spain players??

Nobody expected portugal to even reach semi finals

And they didn't win it without cr7. From the group stages to the semi finals it was RONALDO who helped them, he had a hand in all but 1 or 2 of their goals from Hungary to Wales.

Salute CR7! grin

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by donblade85555(m): 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
Berlynn:
They are both cute and they gat very good skills, i like dem but i think i prefer Ronaldo cuz he is way taller i love his smiles too kiss
girls will always be girls, they are talking about who is better with the ball and you talking about cuteness
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Frankaka8(m): 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2016
shamecurls:
Am more of a believer of a man that has proven himself across different terrains than a man who ONLY has proven himself in a single terrain
from your own philosophy, dat means seedorf (who won ucL for 2-3 teams in different league), anelka, zlatan, are better dan cr7 and messi cos dey hav won cups in 3-5 different leagues? If yu dont agree, den ur claim above is backward
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by olayemite(m): 8:49pm On Nov 30, 2016
ericmor:

did ronaldo win olympic or junior world cup? you the one that said everything ronaldo has messi dont have o
Olympic football event is not a FIFA tournament.... Senior level i.e national team is the most important, in this regard, Ronaldo has an edge over Messi..
They're both great players
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by olayemite(m): 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
[quote author=Bbrown65 post=51521556][/quote]
Ronaldo never won any major title with Sporting Lisbon
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by ddippset(m): 8:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
LorDBolton:

Cr7 criticised his REAL MADRID TEAMMATES last season NOT portugal and yea that's why we love CR7 he's honest they needed to step up and after his criticism the players stepped up their game especially lucas vazquez

As for the euros pls go online and see how HIS TEAMMATES WERE PRAISING HIM FOR HIS PEP TALK DURING HALFTIME.

Anyway Be honest man for man aren't those players inferior? Compared to France, Germany, Spain players??

And they didn't win it without cr7. From the group stages to the semi finals it was RONALDO who helped them, he had a hand in all but 1 or 2 of their goals from Hungary to Wales.

Salute CR7! grin
google has become such a good friend to humanity that no individual has any excuse for ignorance any more. use google pls. ronaldo criticized both his team mates at real madrid and portugal. that's the sort of dude he is.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by LorDBolton(m): 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
engrchykae:
you think if portugal was inviited to play in copa america, they would qualify? messi is an olympian and ronaldo is a handsome man

Portugal qualifies for the euros

Argentina and ALL cammebol nations AUTOMATICALLY qualifies for the copa.

Kanu is an olympian too guess he's better than CR7?
Only a football toddler mentions an u-23 tournament like olympics when even fifa doesn't fully recognise it
So. What u talking about?
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by ddippset(m): 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
olayemite:

Olympic football event is not a FIFA tournament.... Senior level i.e national team is the most important, in this regard, Ronaldo has an edge over Messi..
They're both great players
so which one is a bigger feat? winning the euros or getting to the world cup final?
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Sultty(m): 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
olusledge:
messi has scored more goals against english teams than anyother teams he has faced in the champions league ...brother no talk for that one ,find another thing talk
which English team has barca played and Messi scored more? Arsenal ba? Yeye let him play more competitive league like Ronaldo and C how his rank will be lowered
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by oribi(m): 8:57pm On Nov 30, 2016
miketayo:

Yes he is one of the greatest but not in his later years.. And we r talking about the greatest top 2 footballers

even in his later years he still produced good stats based on his minutes played go take a look cool
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Frankaka8(m): 8:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
LorDBolton:

Salute CR7! grin
Just dis month of nov, stevenG, Fabio capello, Coutinho, Wenger, branden Rogers all picked Messi ahead of CR7. Do yu know football more dan dem? Also Messi was the BEST player at d last FIFA Worldcup (MVP goldenball) and won silver medal as second place @ d worldcup. Isnt it not still better dan euros wch portugal won with 6draws and 1 win(for 90mins) (superfluke!!) also EDER gav protugal euros not ororo. Finally, one has 5 d'or @29yrs, while d odahas 3 d'or @ 31yrs. Do d maths!

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by engrchykae(m): 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

that explains why Messi has no senior national team trophies ooppppss!
ronaldo havent won anything for portugal,the team played without his distractions and theatrics and won the euro 2016
most of you who try hard to discredit messi are mostly heartbroken epl and madrid fans who are so weak to forgive messi for his barbaric way of destroying english pride during champions league encounters especially man.utd and arsenal fans.
he is just fulfilling his destiny so stop hating.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by hopefulLandlord: 9:01pm On Nov 30, 2016
engrchykae:
ronaldo havent won anything for portugal,the team played without his distractions and theatrics and won the euro 2016

most of you who try hard to discredit messi are mostly heartbroken epl and madrid fans who are so weak to forgive messi for his barbaric way of destroying english pride during champions league encounters especially man.utd and arsenal fans.
he is just fulfilling his destiny so stop hating.

@bolded
yeah because they would've made the final without his providing 3 goals ( most in the team) and 3 assists (most in the team)

who's discrediting Messi?
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Frankaka8(m): 9:01pm On Nov 30, 2016
Sultty:
which English team has barca played and Messi scored more? Arsenal ba? Yeye let him play more competitive league like Ronaldo and C how his rank will be lowered
hater, tell ur club to pay 500milllions euros and sign him (lets see if he wont win anoda balon d'or). Messi is currently d best MvP (best player winner) @ d lastworldcup. Dat is d highest level of football FYI
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by hopefulLandlord: 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2016
ddippset:
so which one is a bigger feat? winning the euros or getting to the world cup final?

getting to a world cup final is no achievement

only a few people would remember who came second

but winning euros puts you in history books

tell me who played 1972 WC final? I'm sure you need to google it and even then need to search a bit deep to know
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by LorDBolton(m): 9:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
ddippset:
google has become such a good friend to humanity that no individual has any excuse for ignorance any more. use google pls. ronaldo criticized both his team mates at real madrid and portugal. that's the sort of dude he is.

Bruv he criticised ICELAND not his teammates

Show me proof he criticised his teammates at portugal cos I've searched tire

Ronaldo doesn't joke with the portugal team...
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Afeezcoay(m): 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2016
Both are good player bt wen it come to make a choice among d two i'll surely go for Ronaldo. It's also a philantropist.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Frankaka8(m): 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2016
LorDBolton:

Only a football toddler mentions an u-23 tournament like olympics when even fifa doesn't fully recognise it
FIFA worldcup silver medal + MVP best player of tournamnent........ and Euros with (6draws and 1win for 90mins)(best loser dubious group stage qualifiers (lol)) without MVP award... Wch is better??
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by engrchykae(m): 9:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
LorDBolton:

olympians mean the gods of olympus not olympic medalists,it seems u are a literature toddler.
messi sit with Zeus in mount olympus while ronaldo sits with the kings of the earth
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Maximus85(m): 9:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
foladara777:
See... There's no contest, Messi is better and it's not even close... He scores with higher frequency, assists at a higher rate, dribbles with greater regularit, has won a higher number of trophies... Every single stat that actually matters point to Messi's superiority, so...

Make Messi come play for epl hot afternoon sun and win ballon dor, win a major trophy with his country. Score 50+ goals for 6 consecutive seasons.

Meanwhile, tell him to remove that dirty beards and blond hair. No matter how hard he tries, he can't be cute like Cris Roro.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by miketayo(m): 9:12pm On Nov 30, 2016
oribi:

even in his later years he still produced good stats based on his minutes played go take a look cool

only his last game...i follow d nba more than soccer
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Frankaka8(m): 9:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
DrayZee:

Ain't that somethin. Even Barcelona fans have attested to the fact that Iniesta is a huge contribution to Messi's success. I'm not saying he's not good, but he cannot perform outside Barcelona... Dassall!
buh messi was the best player in last worldcup. He won d goldenball award (is dat a barca team or tourney?)
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by ddippset(m): 9:16pm On Nov 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

getting to a world cup final is no achievement

only a few people would remember who came second

but winning euros puts you in history books

tell me who played 1972 WC final? I'm sure you need to google it and even then need to search a bit deep to know
am not talking about who will remember or not remember what. let's use our common sense just between me and you. which is more of an achievement? getting to a world cup final of 32 teams and playing counties like Nigeria, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany or winning Euros if 24 teams playing Hungary, Iceland, Wales, Croatia,France. which is a more difficult feat? am not doing history lessons here.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Saintabey: 9:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
I give it to Christiano Ronaldo. In FCB, Messi has almighty players to play with. CR7 is d engine room in Real Madrid. In their country, CR7 was able to act as a coach/mentor to help his mates. Messi lacks leadership quality.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by barcaboi(m): 9:21pm On Nov 30, 2016
enigmaticmotik:

Just google "la liga top scorers" and u'l c d dif.
B4 I 4get try to check the numbas of la liga matches deyve played compared to their goals... Just saying
also google who ucl topscorer is and who has missed 2months injury yet still tops ucl and was top scorer la liga b4 dis weekend
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by barcaboi(m): 9:25pm On Nov 30, 2016
gbeseun:
Let messi come.and try other leagues and know say Rinaldo na im papa,pogba and IBRA are singing a new song now cos they are playing in a strange land.
yet silva, aguero, mata, yaya, herrera, de gea, otamendi, eriksen, tobi abywelder (or so), courtois, negredo, llorente, dey ball as hell....abegi.....giggs never left epl, neither did scholes and co....even pele ddnt leave Brazil. ..so whats d point
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by foladara777(m): 9:25pm On Nov 30, 2016
Saintabey:
I give it to Christiano Ronaldo. In FCB, Messi has almighty players to play with. CR7 is d engine room in Real Madrid. In their country, CR7 was able to act as a coach/mentor to help his mates. Messi lacks leadership quality.
Oshi... Engine room because he scores tap ins?? What about modric?? Messi is Barca's engine room because he created chances and dictates play with passess
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by JSMMUYIWA(m): 9:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
Nice To Be Back At Enclave!! But Una no get work o; Na Cr7 and Messi reach 9 pages so? Na Una O!!
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by promzyphyno(m): 9:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
manutdadex:
comot pedro abeg.. Pedro wey moses better? Yaya and Sanchez left barca because everyone else was playing for messi... And forgey it wat is d highest goal Sanchez has scored in a season.. Him win golden boot? Abi yaya win pfa? Then aw are they rulling epl?

Just answer dis question....so because giggs,totti,maldini,scholes....played for one club,does it mean they didn't prove themselves in football Common guys

MESSI is just too good that his club are ready to do anything just to keep him...mind u,if it were anoda club that had gotten messi that young,they would do the same as barca..D guy is so good that he was offered a blank cheque haba,u guys should drop centiments...CR7 is good but unlucky to have reigned d same time as messi,simple!
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by LorDBolton(m): 9:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
Frankaka8:
Just dis month of nov, stevenG, Fabio capello, Coutinho, Wenger, branden Rogers all picked Messi ahead of CR7. Do yu know football more dan dem? Also Messi was the BEST player at d last FIFA Worldcup (MVP goldenball) and won silver medal as second place @ d worldcup. Isnt it not still better dan euros wch portugal won with 6draws and 1 win(for 90mins) (superfluke!!) also EDER gav protugal euros not ororo. Finally, one has 5 d'or @29yrs, while d odahas 3. 4 d'or @ 31yrs. Do d maths!

LMAO

Bruv who be capello? StevenG? Rodgers? They're humans like you and I and yea I know ball wella...that they're there is down to opportunity not just abilities.

Did u checkout the world's reaction to messi winning the best player award? Almost every one couldn't believe it, even blatter was surprised.

6 draws? 1 win?
Argentina scored 8 goals at the 2014 world cup
Portugal scored 9 goals at the 2016 euros
*note* portugals 9th goal gave them the trophy
Argentina couldn't score that 9th goal thus they lost.

So pls respect portugal..Ok?

Even messi will wish he injured like CR7 in d final...as far as e lifts the cup

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Onaolapo Pulls Pant Off After Commonwealth Win! / Victor Osimhen’s Attack On Victor Ikpeba Was Unprovoked And Disrespectful / Why Keeping John Obi Mikel Is Chelsea’s Best Transfer Move So Far This Summer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.