Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,825 members, 7,972,956 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 11:33 PM

Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa (20891 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy / How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano / Imo State Becomes The First State To Have Its Own Airline (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by omolola15(m): 9:55am On Dec 02, 2016
Godprotectigbos:

grin grin grin grin

i love ofonjas so dont take it personal cool cool cool cool

am just an easy goning person

I don't actually take things personal online. You are actually cracking me up. Lol so now it's ofonja and not afonja again. I just laugh when I read most comments here. It's all for fun jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Omudia11: 9:55am On Dec 02, 2016
Lol
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Orikinla(m): 9:55am On Dec 02, 2016
If present trends continue, in another decade or two, Lagos's economy will surpass the size of the rest of Nigeria.

What has held the country together in the past, however tenuously, is the redistribution of money earned from the country's oil exports. But this is changing fast, as Lagos booms and its dependence on this ever more thinly sliced revenue -- what Nigerian politicians call the "national cake" -- dwindles.

"If [Lagos's] GDP continues to rise the way it is, the federal contribution to [the city] could shrink to 5 percent," Folarin Gbadebo-Smith, the director of a leading independent Nigerian think tank, the Center for Policy Alternatives told me in an interview in his stylish offices. "What you would end up with is a virtual country. All of the parameters, absent an army, police and currency of your own, are there. We are good to go."

Source
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/07/how-africas-new-urban-centers-are-shifting-its-old-colonial-boundaries/277425/

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Chingyyang(f): 9:56am On Dec 02, 2016
Some of you, the type of English you write here ehen..... It can cause dislocation!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by PaulIdu: 9:56am On Dec 02, 2016
edoyad:

While Ambode is good it isn't his actions alone. It's as a result of hard work of successive governments dating back to *gulp* Tinubu era.

..the guy is a great leader period , you have come here to distort the truth with this rhetoric you guys have peddled for a while . Ambode is is outstanding period and his success cannot be attributed to any previous govt please ..
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Anitauka(f): 9:57am On Dec 02, 2016
why won't they be when igbo people full there grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by atirolu(m): 9:59am On Dec 02, 2016
Godprotectigbos:

ofonja grin grin grin grin grin

who cares

i juust made my point

we all develop lagos....if dont like wat i said enter lagoon

una go first build toilet in OYO, ogun, ekiti, osun, ondo before claiming lagos miscreant agberos omo niless grin grin grin grin

Ur case is like claiming to enrich people by ur advice and effort
Yet u are so poor
U need to learn self help b4 others

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by uncleade(m): 9:59am On Dec 02, 2016
Godprotectigbos:
grin grin grin grin

just watch how omo niles, agbero miscrant ofonjas will come claim lagos is their personal property grin grin grin grin

lagos is nigera common wealth state tongue tongue tongue tongue

if u dont like wat i said jump inside lagoon cry cry cry cry
You must be cra.zy, I beg, just see any Agbero boy and tell him that,he will surely show you where you belong.
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Godprotectigbos(f): 9:59am On Dec 02, 2016
omolola15:

I don't actually take things personal online. You are actually cracking me up. Lol so now it's ofonja and not afonja again. I just laugh when I read most comments here. It's all for fun jare.

i just like using ofonjas because i think that one is more disrespectful than the actual afonja cool cool cool grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by omolola15(m): 10:02am On Dec 02, 2016
Godprotectigbos:

i just like using ofonjas because i think that one is more disrespectful than the actual afonja cool cool cool grin grin grin

Loooooooooooool I beg no use Laff kill me this morning. Which nigga even invented afonja on this forum self.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by OAUTemitayo: 10:02am On Dec 02, 2016
kenex4ever:
good fire

Give a mad man d money dat lagos generate from taxing nigerians alone and see if he will not outperform ambode
Why is Akwa-Ibom with same budget range not performing wonders

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by mmsen: 10:03am On Dec 02, 2016
Lagos hasn't just become the 5th largest economy it's been that way for a few years, at least.
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by uncleade(m): 10:06am On Dec 02, 2016
Godprotectigbos:

ofonja grin grin grin grin grin

who cares

i juust made my point

we all develop lagos....if dont like wat i said enter lagoon

una go first build toilet in OYO, ogun, ekiti, osun, ondo before claiming lagos miscreant agberos omo niless grin grin grin grin
Aren't you ashame of yourself? have you finished developing the East?

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by OAUTemitayo: 10:10am On Dec 02, 2016
PaulIdu:

..the guy is a great leader period , you have come here to distort the truth with this rhetoric you guys have peddled for a while . Ambode is is outstanding period and his success cannot be attributed to any previous govt please ..
Ambode is using the 900m generated in 99 to develop Lagos abi?
Shame on you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by aylagos(m): 10:10am On Dec 02, 2016
Godprotectigbos:

grin grin grin grin grin E PAIN AM

MISCRANT OFonja dat cannot build common toilet they claim lagos grin grin grin grin

lazy things tongue tongue tongue
oga no be fight now, if you know that lagos is for all when any oba in lagos die then you show interest you are free Agege,ikorodu elegusi, epe ,alaketu , shomolu and the rest town in lagos. Then you will that there is different in government and tradition olori pelebe omo Osu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by zanogo(m): 10:12am On Dec 02, 2016
kenex4ever:
good fire

Give a mad man d money dat lagos generate from taxing nigerians alone and see if he will not outperform ambode
lazy talk!!! another mediocre thinking, let lagos swap positions with your current state governor and let us see whether there will be any development.
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by DeLioncourt: 10:14am On Dec 02, 2016
devilson:
God bless Lagos nd all Yoruba's.

itesiwaju oduduwa lojewa logun

I know some pained ipob miscreant would wail but they can go shed tears in the flagpole

All this stupid and unnecessary in-fighting is the reason for Nigeria's lack of growth.
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 02, 2016
small small lagos don dey big pass one stunted growth country i used to know. that country is currently in recession sef
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by fkdmods: 10:17am On Dec 02, 2016
nickxtra:
Why has God not given to us a President in mood and likeness of Ambode?

Because Nigerians don't understand what leadership is. The fact that you can even consider Ambode to be a leader exemplifies this. He is an opportunist. Not a leader. There is a difference. Just because you are in a leadership position does not make you a leader.
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 02, 2016
edoyad:

While Ambode is good it isn't his actions alone. It's as a result of hard work of successive governments dating back to *gulp* Tinubu era.

it is always easy to look like a genius when conditions naturally favour you. When GEJ was enjoying $100 oil, nobody noticed his incompetence. Lagos is the commercial capital of Nigeria, it has a population bigger than most african countries, so it will always have money, it does not mean it is being run well. Put Ambode in Osun or Ondo to know if he is really smart.
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by happney65: 10:18am On Dec 02, 2016
omolola15:

Looool all your comments on this thread are actually funny. I see it as a joke rather than insult. But what do you get out of it seriously

You get time sef you dey answer him..Can't you see he is a paid tribal bigot that comes online to say rubbish..Look at he's moniker..But seriously this is what unemployment has caused..Being paid to come online and say rubbish...Especially paid Buhari Zoombies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by oskaaay(m): 10:21am On Dec 02, 2016
INTERESTING shocked grin shocked
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by frank202012: 10:23am On Dec 02, 2016
Have they paid the money fashola and tinubu borrowed before they stepped down, Largest economy living in darkness.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 02, 2016
Godprotectigbos:
grin grin grin grin

just watch how omo niles, agbero miscrant ofonjas will come claim lagos is their personal property grin grin grin grin

lagos is nigera common wealth state tongue tongue tongue tongue FOR YOUR MIND YOU JUST SUDDENLY FORGET ABOUT YOUR BIAFRA REPUBLIC WHERE YOU HOPE TO BE PICKING GOIL ON THE STREET.SMMHH

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by PointZerom: 10:24am On Dec 02, 2016
Godprotectigbos:
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Toosure70: 10:28am On Dec 02, 2016
Kudo to Asiwaju

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by PointZerom: 10:28am On Dec 02, 2016
seunmsg:

Hate filled iPod spewing trash as usual. If hatred and jealousy doesn't kill some of you, nothing else will.

Nothing like hate, go to Lagos State revenue office and see the contribution of Igbos.
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by DanBJ(m): 10:29am On Dec 02, 2016
Ndubestexplorer:
Lagos State has emerged as the fifth largest economy in Africa, consequent upon which, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, disclosed that his administration is in the process of setting up an Economic Management Team, EMT, comprising distinguished individuals from the private sector and the public sector to manage the economy efficiently.

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode has expressed delight at the emergence of Lagos as the fifth largest economy in Africa, just as he said his administration is in the process of setting up an Economic Management Team comprised of distinguished individuals from the private sector and the public sector to manage and scale up the successes recorded in that direction.

Governor Ambode, who spoke at the Lagos House in Ikeja when he received a delegation from the Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce on courtesy visit, said the emergence of Lagos was very instructive, adding that government would explore synergy with private sector with the view to catapult Lagos into a true global city-state in the true sense of the word.

http://oilandgasrepublic.com/2016/11/10/nigeria-lagos-state-becomes-5th-largest-economy-africa/

Its too low for Africa's most populated city, it should be at least top 2.
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by PointZerom: 10:31am On Dec 02, 2016
kenex4ever:
good fire

Tell him.
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by PaulIdu: 10:32am On Dec 02, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Ambode is using the 900m generated in 99 to develop Lagos abi?
Shame on you.

Shut up when Fashola completes the 35km lekki Epe express way he couldn't in 8 years come back and tell me nonsense ...Useless people that want to undermine Ambode glaring success you will all rot in hell I tell you
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by islandmoon: 10:33am On Dec 02, 2016
Godprotectigbos:
grin grin grin grin

Thank You my Sister, even your 4 brothers who used acid to burgled a shop and stole bulbs are our common wealth brodas, you just another ineffectual buffon, remember lagoon is for you, Afonjaphobic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okorocha, Wike, Danjuma Laah Reject Cattle Colonies!! / Osinbajo, Ugwuanyi, Rochas Attend Sullivan Chime's Book Launch (pictures) / Buhari Appoints Balarabe Shehu Ilelah As NBC DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.