Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,848 members, 7,906,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:34 AM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (96113 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by uchetobi(f): 9:08am On Sep 17, 2007
Judith Michael- A tangled web
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by moondust(m): 5:19pm On Sep 17, 2007
ted dekker's thr3e I've been on it since april
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Sexyabby(f): 12:37am On Sep 18, 2007
The Kite Runner by Khalid Hosseini i'm definitely not gonna finish dis book cuz i just want some facts from it
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by liftedone(f): 1:22pm On Sep 20, 2007
Presently, I do the Bible and have many christian books I use as manuals daily.

I read a lot of Mills and Boon in my day and I think I went through all the Pacesetter novels. I did the Harlequins and all those other soft romance novels. They helped me with my vocabulary. ( And gave me a lot of ideas too wink ). I've done all the Jackie Collins, Sidney Sheldon, Barbara Bradford Taylor, some Hadley Chase -I wasn't crazy about Chase- Jeffrey Archer and John Grisham. There was this other author that was quite popular in the 80s, an American. My elder sister had almost all his books and I did read a few of them too. Strangely, I never got my head around Ludlum. I read a couple but somehow, I think my brain was always switched off with them. I never came across Clancy. Stephen King was a no no, too paranormal for my liking. Angela's Ashes is one book I will not forget in a hurry cos of the vivid descriptions and it made me laugh out loud.

But I do more inspirational books and the bible now. I read a lot of Kenneth E. Hagin, Joyce Meyer, Stormie Omartian, Michelle McKinney Hammond, T.D Jakes etc and anything that has to do with the bible and a christian lifestyle. I cannot get enough of the WORD. smiley
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Seun(m): 1:29pm On Sep 20, 2007
We have a lot of readers in the house, but no writers. cry
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by denex: 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2007
I am a writer.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by uchetobi(f): 1:43pm On Sep 20, 2007
there are writers in Nigeria
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by earthrealm(m): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2007
moondust:

ted dekker's thr3e I've been on it since april

that book is cool.

will keep u guess till the end,

ted decker is a prolific christian writer

have u read more of his books
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by chiogo(f): 8:34pm On Sep 21, 2007
The coldest winter ever------ Sister Souljah
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by GL(f): 8:14am On Sep 22, 2007
just through with The Italian Garden by Susan Moody
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by atutupoyo(f): 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2007
Robin cook- shock
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by doyin13(m): 2:00am On Sep 24, 2007
Sexyabby:

The Kite Runner by Khalid Hosseini i'm definitely not going to finish this book because i just want some facts from it

This book could only have been written by a sadist.

almost made me cry cry
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by odada(m): 12:50am On Sep 25, 2007
Boy!its so good to be back yeah,been doing alot of reading since i couldnt lay my hands on a computer for a while now?av read 2 great books,,,,,,,THE HADES FACTOR------ROBERT LUDLUM
A MATTER OF HONOUR--------JEFFERY ARCHER
currently am reading CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER---------TOM CLANCY cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by denex: 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2007
Just finished reading :

THE PRINCE

by Nicolo Machiavelli (1515)

translated by W. K. Marriott
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ochocinco1(m): 10:44am On Sep 26, 2007
I just finished reading Measuring time by Helon Habila.

denex:

Just finished reading :

THE PRINCE

by Nicolo Machiavelli (1515)

translated by W. K. Marriott

Political strategising for the ages isn't it.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tianshie(m): 12:49am On Sep 27, 2007
Black Sunday. . . Thomas Harris
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by omoge(f): 1:18am On Sep 27, 2007
I know why the cage bird sings--Maya Angelou.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by newera(f): 8:31am On Sep 27, 2007
Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado

Max is one of my favourite authors and one of the non fiction writers I read regularly. am currently reading one of his 2005 books called  CURE FOR THE COMMON LIFE and I recommend it.

The book is about finding that one thing in life you and no one else are meant to do. Da Vinci painted only one Mona Lisa and God created only one of you.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by jydewalker(m): 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2007
Attitude is everything byKeith Harell
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tianshie(m): 6:02am On Sep 29, 2007
Angels and Demons. . . Dan Brown

not liking the diction. sad
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 29, 2007
am reading THE SCARLET LETTER---NATHANIEL HAWTHORNE, sooooooo boring. i have to read it for a test, or else u wouldn't see me reading it.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by robby1(m): 7:18am On Sep 30, 2007
Rich dad, poor dad by robert kiyosaki
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by chiogo(f): 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2007
Ain't Gonna be the same fool twice-----------April Sinclair
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by CrazyMan(m): 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2007
Oliver twist. Its a nice book
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by omoge(f): 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2007
yeah Oliver Twist is nice book. looking to read it again.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by sinaoye(m): 11:38am On Oct 08, 2007
please who has heard of d book SAVAGE RANSOM. cant remember the author but would like to read it again. the story line is about a hostage situation in a town hall with the criminal asking for a human sacrifice b4 he releases the hostages.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by odada(m): 7:37am On Oct 09, 2007
Still reading 'Clancy's CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER embarassed embarassed its whooping 688 pages and I have been tied up with other luxuries such as BBA grin grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by silos(m): 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2007
well the current book i am reading now is title "before you Quite your job" by robert kiyosaki cos i really want to be on my own i therefore recommend that book for every nigerian that wants freedom, call it economic or financial freedom just pick a copy. cool
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by excel12(m): 5:38pm On Oct 10, 2007
I am currently reading 'ogboju ode ninu igbo irunmole', when i drop it i will pick 'Bashorun gaa' grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by denex: 11:37pm On Oct 11, 2007
1. BUSHIDO : THE SOUL OF JAPAN - Inazo Nitobe

2. REPRESENTATIVE GOVERNMENT - John Stuart Mill

3. THE BOOK OF FIVE RINGS - Miyamoto Musashi

4. THE UNFETTERED MIND - Takuan Soho

5. MY STRUGGLE - Adolf Hitler (still on it).

6. THE NATURE AND CAUSES OF THE WEALTH OF NATIONS - Adam Smith (still on it)

7. ON JEWS AND THEIR LIES - Martin Luther

8. OSUN ACROSS THE WATERS - (still on it)

9. DUAL MANDATE IN BRITISH TROPICAL AFRICA - Frederick Lugard (still on it)

10. THE JAPAN THAT CAN SAY NO - Akio Morita & Shintaro Ishihara

11. THE ART OF WAR - Sun Tzu

12. CONCERNING CIVIL GOVERNMENT - John Locke

13. COMMON SENSE - Thomas Paine

14. COMMUNIST MANIFESTO - Karl Marx
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tianshie(m): 1:28am On Oct 14, 2007
@denex
So you've got like 14 heads right? lol just kidding grin

Gai-Jin. . . James Clavell. (More like it)
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by denex: 10:35am On Oct 15, 2007
Sometimes, when I'm reading a book, and I come across sometime I have to practice, I pause. Then in the middle of it, I may get another book in order to understand the first better, then I'll finish the Second one while I'm still halfway with the first.

It's a little complicated. And some of the books, i have to re-read them several times over. That's why I can say I'm currently reading them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (100)

A Story: Broken Vows / PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.