Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,344 members, 7,881,276 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:41 PM

When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? (7865 Views)

When Is A Baby Old Enough To Sleep In A Separate Room? / What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) / If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Fhemmmy: 7:29pm On Nov 11, 2009
koolchicco:

@Topic

Whenever He's responsible enough to know the meaning of Marriage.

You are very right
cos many dont even know what marriage means

George_D:

mind you we have a lot of married bachelors throwing their weight around food for thought  undecided

exactly, so what is the point being married if you still wanna be a bachelor.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Spyker: 7:32pm On Nov 11, 2009
Allta:

First of all Spyker, please define "ADULT" , here are some definitions I found:

1. a person who is fully grown or developed or of age , isn't a 30yr old fully grown or developed or of age?
2. a person who has attained the age of maturity as specified by law. isn't 30yr old enough to attain age of maturity as specified by law?

ACTUALLY, I don't even know why I'm engaged in this self, see, according to the law of the land , a man is OLD enough to marry at the age of 18! PERIOD!

Na wa oh, i thought i didnot specify any number for age, if 18 is ok, marry, an adult is an adult and my opinion is my opinion. No need to quarel me, please
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Fhemmmy: 7:34pm On Nov 11, 2009
Spyker:

Na wa oh, i thought i didnot specify any number for age, if 18 is ok, marry, an adult is an adult and my opinion is my opinion. No need to quarel me, please

he is not quarreling you, we all just sharing views
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Spyker: 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2009
Fhemmmy:

he is not quarreling you, we all just sharing views

Thank you, i stand corrected. My apologies to Alta.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by olatwo(m): 7:44pm On Nov 11, 2009
When a boy becomes a MAN! wink
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:47pm On Nov 11, 2009
aye, fhemmmy! exactly! most 'married bachelors' are already enjoying the fruits of marriage even when they're still strictly not qualified! grin
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by switch47(m): 7:48pm On Nov 11, 2009
When he is emotionally ready, mature?? rubbish.
so even if he is 50 he should wait till he is emotionaly ready. ?
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by monopolist: 8:12pm On Nov 11, 2009
1. As from 20 Years old
2. When he knows how to command and place demand on life
3. When he knows how to control money and most things around him
4. When he finds a wife
5. When he has a Vision with corresponding missions and action plans
6. When he has a garden
7. When he is born of water and of the Spirit
8. When he learns how to forgive and love people
9. When he has a house (Rented or Owned)
10. When he knows how to hear, fear and obey God.

SUMMARILY

WHEN THE MAN IS READY and finds a READY WIFE.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Fhemmmy: 8:20pm On Nov 11, 2009
George_D:

aye, fhemmmy! exactly! most 'married bachelors' are already enjoying the fruits of marriage even when they're still strictly not qualified! grin

he seems to be eating his cakes and having it at same time.
switch47:

When he is emotionally ready, mature?? rubbish.
so even if he is 50 he should wait till he is emotionaly ready. ?

So what do you suggest then?
ola_two:

When a boy becomes a MAN! wink

some boys never become a man.
monopolist:

1. As from 20 Years old
2. When he knows how to command and place demand on life
3. When he knows how to control money and most things around him
4. When he finds a wife
5. When he has a Vision with corresponding missions and action plans
6. When he has a garden
7. When he is born of water and of the Spirit
8. When he learns how to forgive and love people
9. When he has a house (Rented or Owned)
10. When he knows how to hear, fear and obey God.

SUMMARILY

WHEN THE MAN IS READY and finds a READY WIFE.

Thanks for this
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by IbrahimB: 9:15pm On Nov 11, 2009
FROM   ALL THE RELIGIOUS BOOK S AND THE BIBLE  PEOPLE , MEN MARRY WHEN THEY ARE CLOSE TO THEIR GRAVES  MOST  SOUNDING IS TWO SCORE AND ABOVE(40 years)

Really? Is this Fact or Assumption?
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by lalaboi(m): 9:19pm On Nov 11, 2009
16 minimum grin
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Fhemmmy: 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2009
lalaboi:

16 minimum grin

na u talk oh, so when one negro come to your house to marry your daughter at age of 18, dont cast fire on his head oh.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2009
@topic
when he knows the meaning of "RESPONSIBILITY"
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Fhemmmy: 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2009
~Bluetooth:

@topic
when he knows the meaning of "RESPONSIBILITY"

i love this response
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 11, 2009
A man is old enough to marry when he is tired of frolicking with women.
Do men ever get tired of that?
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Princek12(m): 10:28pm On Nov 11, 2009
When he has reached the age of 25. All that early twenties teenage wedding sh*t is nonsense.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 11, 2009
When he knows what it means to be the head of his household
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Fhemmmy: 10:38pm On Nov 11, 2009
Princek12:

When he has reached the age of 25. All that early twenties teenage wedding sh*t is nonsense.

i totally disagree with that, there are so many early 20s that have their head screwed on tight and knows what they doing.
madambini:

A man is old enough to marry when he is tired of frolicking with women.
Do men ever get tired of that?

Lol
wwheelz:

When he knows what it means to be the head of his household

Kinda right, but being he head is not enuf, cos some thinks being the head is all about screaming and making all in that household stands at attention, while they call the orders
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by reindeer: 10:52pm On Nov 11, 2009
Marriage?
anytime after 75years is ok.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Fhemmmy: 10:57pm On Nov 11, 2009
^^^ take am easy oh
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Allta(m): 11:11pm On Nov 11, 2009
Spyker:

Thank you, i stand corrected. My apologies to Alta.
Awwh wink if I were a woman, I for ready to marry you now now, that was so touching!
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 11, 2009
@ Fhemmy

My point exactly. . . . . . . . when he knows creating drama is not what it's about but knows what it takes to make a marriage work
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Fhemmmy: 11:21pm On Nov 11, 2009
wwheelz:

@ Fhemmy

My point exactly. . . . . . . . when he knows creating drama is not what it's about but knows what it takes to make a marriage work

I am on your side too
Allta:

Awwh wink if I were a woman, I for ready to marry you now now, that was so touching!

that is a mature mind.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by intom: 11:31pm On Nov 11, 2009
WHEN YOU ARE READY IN ALL RAMNIFICATIONS-EMOTIONALLY,PSYCHOLOGICALLY,FINANCIALLY,SEXAULLY,, THE LIST IS ENDLESS.

BUT MARRIAGE WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE. grin
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Fhemmmy: 11:33pm On Nov 11, 2009
intom:

WHEN YOU ARE READY IN ALL RAMNIFICATIONS-EMOTIONALLY,PSYCHOLOGICALLY,FINANCIALLY,SEXAULLY,, THE LIST IS ENDLESS.

BUT MARRIAGE WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE. grin

Lol
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by tolly4real(f): 12:25am On Nov 12, 2009
a man shld get married when he his matured Emotionally, financially, spiritually and can take responsibilities for his actions
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by becomrich15: 2:37am On Nov 12, 2009
emotion and finance have nothing to do with marriage. emotion can change, so can finance. You can make $100,000 this year and make 5,000 next years.

God time. And when you have come of age. do not look at finance to get married, you would never get married.

Use faith. marriage is a leap of faith. Dont be scare if you do not have money. Dont get involve with the nigeria stupid big wedding party. people come to eat away your food and money.

Wedding is not about big party. I have this two couple white , i use to know. one couple did not do a wedding party and use to money to buy a house. the stupid couple went for the stupid big wedding. come and see thier life. Owabe party is not wedding. Look it take about N500,000 for a wedding. What if you buy a land.

It is all about planning. To be rich, you need a good and understanding wife. If you have a stupid mumu wife, looking for kare mi. You would have to be an arm robber.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by violent(m): 3:01am On Nov 12, 2009
I think am with Alta on this;
As we get older, the society assumes that we ought to be able to think or take responsibilities fitting for someone of our age bracket or higher.
Between the ages of 1 month to 10 years, we were taught to be solely dependent on our parents and in almost all cases, the latter bear responsibilities for our actions.
during our early to late teen years, we were taught the act of self reliance and independence, we take our first lessons in love and hate, trust and distrust, etc, and the society expects a level of reponsibility fitting for peeps of such age group. {e.g i dont expect a child of 13 year old to run for a political post}.
Once we approach our early twenties to late twenties, the society expects us to have a clear vision as to our approach to life, we are expected to take responsibilities for our actions, we are expected to forge a life that leads towards the act of independence, by this, the society expects that we ought to plan a life that is devoid of parental influence in the majority of the actions we take, and this must also include planning a sustainable stream of income towards future living.
Once in early 30's the society believe that we are OLD enough to choose and settle down with a partner of our choice, however the conditions of survival and stability of such marriage is highly dependent on emotional maturity, compatibility between both sexes and financial situation at the home front.
Situations that differ from these are seen as aberations in many societies and are largely attributed to problems from either of both sexes.
BTW, why would i want to be in single in my late 30s/early 40s?
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by agitator: 7:43am On Nov 12, 2009
becomrich,:

emotion and finance have nothing to do with marriage. emotion can change, so can finance. You can make $100,000 this year and make 5,000 next years.

God time. And when you have come of age. do not look at finance to get married, you would never get married.

Use faith. marriage is a leap of faith. Dont be scare if you do not have money. Dont get involve with the nigeria stupid big wedding party. people come to eat away your food and money.

Wedding is not about big party. I have this two couple white , i use to know. one couple did not do a wedding party and use to money to buy a house. the stupid couple went for the stupid big wedding. come and see thier life. Owabe party is not wedding. Look it take about N500,000 for a wedding. What if you buy a land.

It is all about planning. To be rich, you need a good and understanding wife. If you have a stupid mumu wife, looking for kare mi. You would have to be an arm robber.

Support you on this one, that's the major reasons some are not able to marry, because they want owambe party. Especially the women.

Whenever I engage some young ladies in discussion and ask why they are not married but are comfortable living with the guy. Their replies point to the Owambe party attitude. Imagine someone who has a kid with a carpenter (in a village setting) saying unless her guy has nothing less than 1m he shouldn't think of marriage. And funny enough she is still living with him and their child.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by menik(m): 8:02am On Nov 12, 2009
When he can wake up every morning and realize that is oyoko igodo is no longer troubling him , grin
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by otukpo(f): 8:03am On Nov 12, 2009
i concur with when the man is emotionally and financially ready ready to do so. Be it at age 20 or 50.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by otukpo(f): 8:05am On Nov 12, 2009
Talk of married man still trying to bachelors, they can hardly be free from that except when the man is probably over 70 yrs. Men love playing around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nobody Wants To Talk About Pastors Wives Being The Most Sex Starved / I Dont Envy Married People At All / How Can I Handle My Toxic Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.