Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,375 members, 7,881,343 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:18 PM

When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? (7866 Views)

When Is A Baby Old Enough To Sleep In A Separate Room? / What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) / If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by delagasky(m): 9:53am On Nov 12, 2009
"When you dont need Nairaland to tell you when to marry."

u got tht one correct
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Vavavoom(m): 10:15am On Nov 12, 2009
otukpo:

Talk of married man still trying to bachelors, they can hardly be free from that except when the man is probably over 70 yrs. Men love playing around.

, with women who just wouldn't zip up wink
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by milkan05(m): 10:30am On Nov 12, 2009
When im give person belle grin
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:40am On Nov 12, 2009
shuo! na belle be d criteria now? shocked
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Emmaco4God: 11:12am On Nov 12, 2009
To me before i marry , by God grace, i need to be financially and materially balanced. So that my wife won't in her life experience any hardship. That makes me a man.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by popkid(f): 11:20am On Nov 12, 2009
a man must get marry early before his 29 if not at 70yrs old he will still be paying his children's school fee.

so the early the better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Nwamama1: 11:24am On Nov 12, 2009
Emmaco4God:

To me before i marry , by God grace, i need to be financially and materially balanced. So that my wife won't in her life experience any hardship. That makes me a man.

I quote you wrong cos the emotional, maturity and social aspect of life is more important than the financial and material aspect of life. So build yourself very well before thinking of marriage.

Dear remember MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING.

thanks.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Nwamama1: 11:34am On Nov 12, 2009
popkid:

a man must get marry early before his 29 if not at 70yrs old he will still be paying his children's school fee.

so the early the better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you know about marriage that your are saying earlier the better, Can you bear the consequences, i mean the difficulty part of it , so pls be matured enough before you think of that.

Take care, love U
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by miraclelov(m): 11:51am On Nov 12, 2009
a man should get married when he his matured Emotionally, financially, spiritually and can take responsibilities for his actions that is me

Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by aboly(f): 11:56am On Nov 12, 2009
Nobody knew aw old Adam was when he was created but 2 things were clear he had a good accomodation i.e the garden and he also had a good job i.e 2 take good care of the garden.
It was after this that God saw dat it is not good for a man to be alone and he made   Eve for Adam as an help mate.
so a man is old enough to marry if he has a good accomodation nd job.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Wonzyboy: 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2009
old enuff when he reaches banky W status -Mr.Capable! wink
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Sirdayor(m): 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2009
Basically, i think when you are emotionally ready to handle issues as a man. Another area is finance, but this depend on individual because life continous and marriage is just the starting point of another segment, but we should take note of the fact that many guys are financially ready but emotionally deficient.
So, i feel being emotionally prepare is the real starting point,
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by sirabbey(m): 2:08pm On Nov 12, 2009
When a man had studied Anatomy and dissected at least one woman successfully, but come to think of it,
Biology tells the man he is ready at age 12-14years
His Girl friend tell him, he is ready 3-6 months into the relationship, irrespective of his age.
His parents tells him, he is ready by 27 years upward
His Buddies tells him, time still dey, he should pipe down irrespective of his age
His lawyer tells him, 18years is a good time as he can get the law to support him.
His stock broker tells him, to wait a little as the stocks will soon appreciate.
His Doctor tells him, there is no biological clock to watch, so why the hurry?
So the man naturally is confused and in a dilemma as of what age to marry but my answer is [b]YOU ARE READY WHEN YOU THINK/KNOW YOU ARE IRRESPECTIVE OF WHAT ANYBODY MAY SAY. [/b] That is your green light brother, that is my pick, if and when it is going to be, is up to you man. take charge.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by davimore: 3:30pm On Nov 12, 2009
[i]when a man is matured in mind and also in emotions,ready to supply the needs of a family and live a life that he wont regret,
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Fhemmmy: 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2009
^^^ Very true
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Teminio: 4:21pm On Nov 12, 2009
A man is old enough to marry when he is capable of taking major decisions and be ready to face the consequences of his action and inaction without recourse to mama. He must also have prospect for emotional and financial stability.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Jaylone(m): 5:45pm On Nov 12, 2009
None of you has answered the question. But personally I don't know.

To add, if a man aged 16 is physically, emotionally, financially matured can he marry if he finds the right woman of whatever age?
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by manny4life(m): 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2009
Jaylone:

None of you has answered the question. But personally I don't know.

To add, if a man aged 16 is physically, emotionally, financially matured can he marry if he finds the right woman of whatever age?

Technically nope, you have to be at least 18 to obtain a marriage license if I'm correct

@poster, at the age of 30, if you more than 30 and you still single, then you need to get your shit together.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by NVME1: 6:38pm On Nov 12, 2009
@post

9ja has really refined all y'all thinking, wats the fuss about been old enuff for marriage @ 30yrs.
Most pple realise their dreams late in Nigeria thats why y'all are pegging 30yrs as the right age for marriage, cry
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Fhemmmy: 7:46pm On Nov 12, 2009
NV ME:

@post

9ja has really refined all y'all thinking, wats the fuss about been old enuff for marriage @ 30yrs.
Most pple realise their dreams late in Nigeria thats why y'all are pegging 30yrs as the right age for marriage, cry

i beg tell them
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by beolar(f): 8:41pm On Nov 12, 2009
age is not the real criteria for marriage.
all a man needs is to be matured that is being able to make decision for himself,
he must be responsible enuf,
must be financially independent, that is nobody is feeding him and have a regular source of income,
he must be emotionally alert,because his wife'll need dat.
A man can marry at age 23 and above. grin smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Jaylone(m): 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2009
beolar:

all a man needs is to be matured that is being able to make decision for himself,
must be financially independent, that is nobody is feeding him and have a regular source of income,

Interesting
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Fhemmmy: 9:55pm On Nov 12, 2009
beolar:

Well said, a man can marry at any age within the adulthood bracket, as long as he is matured and know what RESPONSIBILITY is all about
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by collinx(m): 1:26am On Nov 13, 2009
When he is able to financially, emotionally, physically etc ,take care of himself, the wife and their unborn babies.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Nobody: 2:08am On Nov 13, 2009
becomrich has given the best reply, it's funny how people keep emphasizing money and finance, when u wait for money, then you will never get married, what if u are in a job and lose that same job a month after getting married, are u going to file for a divorce and say u want to dissolve the marriage because u are not financially stable again, Lol

and on a final note: Do not despise the days of little beginnings because your small beginning will lead to greater heights
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by agitator: 8:26am On Nov 13, 2009
saxywale:

becomrich has given the best reply, it's funny how people keep emphasizing money and finance, when u wait for money, then you will never get married, what if u are in a job and lose that same job a month after getting married,  are u going to file for a divorce and say u want to dissolve the marriage because u are not financially stable again, Lol

and on a final note: Do not despise the days of little beginnings because your small beginning will lead to greater heights

Some folks who lost their jobs due to the recession are already filing for divorce The Link between Recession & Divorce
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Jaylone(m): 9:16am On Nov 13, 2009
Thinking of divorce because of recession shows the highest level of immaturity.

Love between the spouses should be able to weather the storm of recession.

To top it all emotional maturity and finding the right person that can stick by you become the baseline for the time of marriage.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by njcdrich: 9:57am On Nov 13, 2009
Marriage like Kingship does not have any thing to do with age. All that is needed is maturity of the mind. As long as you are above eighteen years and matured in your mind, able to provide shelter, food and clothing to your family, go ahead and marry.

,  from 18 years with a matured mind is qualified to marry,
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by oghuvbu: 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2009
when he is matured interm of mind set.
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by uroi: 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2009
i have watched many of the post since past 68hrs ! and discovered that many do not understand the topic , and some post out of emotion, but certain this is a question every man must face . and every mature female will get depressed about when their gender is involved,now studies had proven that a man is mentaly matured at the age of 24, a boy of 5years if seen develop a pubic hair and uses shaving stick in any culture of the world will be looked on abnormaly so also if a 10 year old boy goes to book a wedding hall will be examined if he is developing down syndrome. its an issue of life every man must face someday , somehow. for the perpetuation of mankind.( for youre a christian its said if a man finds a wife he finds a good thing and obtains favour from the lord proverbs) faithless ness can keep you forever hunting not knowing that your wife increases your achivement capability, do you know every thing a man ever do or works is prepared for a woman it started with the stone age and translate to advance technology of our time ,certainly make sure is a woman you love as love cant be defined but its whimsical and spiritual and can be nutured to fruition, i will leave my pen dangling ,
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by Fhemmmy: 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2009
agitator:

Some folks who lost their jobs due to the recession are already filing for divorce The Link between Recession & Divorce

Very sad
Re: When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? by PastorOla1: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2009
Marriage is for matured men. Maturity is the state of heart or Mind not Age please. Marriage is a serious business and not a child's play, Marriage is a call for RESPONSIBLITY. It is only Responsibility that make a man Responsible not how old or age. Tanx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Handle My Toxic Parents? / I Dont Envy Married People At All / Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.