Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,759 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:08 AM

Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B (20158 Views)

Police IG Idris Unable To Read His Speech In Kano (Embarrassing Video) / Court Gives Abaribe, Others Feb 28 To Account For Kanu’s Whereabouts / Exposed: Senate Uncovers N2.5bn Fraud By Buhari’s Committee ( Read Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by Vongsama(m): 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2016
SillyMods:
When you read some news and their source, you can't help but to shake your head at gullibility of some Nigerians.

Most of those behind senseless news as this are what Prof. Soyinka called "m0rons and imbecciles"

This kinda source has more credibility than d giant papers, reason, the giants are used for sensationalism n face huge censorship. Secondly, giant sources in this country are political prostitutes, they take side with any govt in power and will do anything to not be on the opposite side of the govt's favour.
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by ivandragon: 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2016
nextprince:

I think the news is captioned that way by the mischief makers for their mischievous intent. However, it will interest those same mischief makers to know that this was still discovered under PMB. He constituted the committee but did not give them ticket to be corrupt while carrying out the assigned responsibility and this discovery has more than explained that. Unlike the most corrupt administration in which huge amounts of money were being misappropriated without any single discovery.

the committee is the PRESIDENTIAL Initiative on the North East, key word being presidential...

in administrative terms, it means the president has direct oversight over that committee when it comes to the executive arm of government.

it is not under any ministry or parastatal. they report directly to the president. so if money cannot be accounted for... the president either needs to take immediate action to suspend the members & order a probe which means he had no idea what was going on in a committee he personally set up or he knows something about the missing funds.
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by nextprince: 6:55pm On Dec 07, 2016
ivandragon:

the committee is the PRESIDENTIAL Initiative on the North East, key word being presidential...

in administrative terms, it means the president has direct oversight over that committee when it comes to the executive arm of government.

it is not under any ministry or parastatal. they report directly to the president. so if money cannot be accounted for... the president either needs to take immediate action to suspend the members & order a probe which means he had no idea what was going on in a committee he personally set up or he knows something about the missing funds.

My point is that it has been discovered by the same machinery he puts in place for that purpose. If he is complicit, I bet u will never hear anything like that. Compare this with the previous administration in which very huge stolen amounts were never discovered.
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by yaki84: 7:32pm On Dec 07, 2016
SillyMods:
When you read some news and their source, you can't help but to shake your head at gullibility of some Nigerians.

Most of those behind senseless news as this are what Prof. Soyinka called "m0rons and imbecciles"
dis one na grade 1 zombie.
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by ivandragon: 8:21pm On Dec 07, 2016
nextprince:

My point is that it has been discovered by the same machinery he puts in place for that purpose. If he is complicit, I bet u will never hear anything like that. Compare this with the previous administration in which very huge stolen amounts were never discovered.

it was discovered by the Senate & not by a machinery put in place by PMB.

on monies allegedly stolen by the last administration, I tell you that there is far more stealing going on now than at any other time in Nigeria's history since independence.

at the end of his tenure, the books will be laid bare...
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by jamace(m): 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2016
Oh my God! Stealing right under Buhari's nose?

It is obvious that some people's blood flows with corruption. Such people needs to be killed by firing squad. angry angry
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by nextprince: 9:14pm On Dec 07, 2016
ivandragon:

it was discovered by the Senate & not by a machinery put in place by PMB.

on monies allegedly stolen by the last administration, I tell you that there is far more stealing going on now than at any other time in Nigeria's history since independence.

at the end of his tenure, the books will be laid bare...

Stealing going on now is more than the previous administration, even with lower govt revenue? Bro, pls say something else and stop making a very misleading assumption. Do u know how much was handed over to the immediate past president? Do u know how much he handed over? Do u know the revenue accrued to the govt during the period under review? Do u know the meaning of $20B? Just imagine how much PEJ kept in an account that is not hers. Just imagine the hotel she built for herself. Pls, what is on ground to show for this huge revenue gej presided over? Do u even know what u are talking about?
But I wonder how some of u think. When the senate or reps does something that is seemingly unfavourable to the masses, the fault goes to PMB, but when it is the other way round, they say it is the legislators. Have u ever heard of budget padding if not in this administration? Or u think it has not been happening in previous administrations? Why was the arms deal saga not discovered in the administration in which it took place? How do u wailers reconcile these contradictions?
Also, how many of these frauds where exposed by the same senate during the previous administration?
Bro, the govt officials most times act based on the known principles of the head.
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by dragonking3: 9:57pm On Dec 07, 2016
Omenka, modath, Quotasystem, hungerbad, passingshot, sarrki what do you have to say about this? cheesy cheesy
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by ivandragon: 10:20pm On Dec 07, 2016
nextprince:

Stealing going on now is more than the previous administration, even with lower govt revenue? Bro, pls say something else and stop making a very misleading assumption. Do u know how much was handed over to the immediate past president? Do u know how much he handed over? Do u know the revenue accrued to the govt during the period under review? Do u know the meaning of $20B? Just imagine how much PEJ kept in an account that is not hers. Just imagine the hotel she built for herself. Pls, what is on ground to show for this huge revenue gej presided over? Do u even know what u are talking about?
But I wonder how some of u think. When the senate or reps does something that is seemingly unfavourable to the masses, the fault goes to PMB, but when it is the other way round, they say it is the legislators. Have u ever heard of budget padding if not in this administration? Or u think it has not been happening in previous administrations? Why was the arms deal saga not discovered in the administration in which it took place? How do u wailers reconcile these contradictions?
Also, how many of these frauds where exposed by the same senate during the previous administration?
Bro, the govt officials most times act based on the known principles of the head.

lol.

you made an allegation about corruption in the last administration. an allegation is thrown back at you & the next thing is to resort to the 'wailers drivel'?

well, if I knew you were this shallow, I would have kept my distance from you. you who has closed eyes to the cases of Buratai the super saver, Fashola's diamond studded boreholes, Amaechi's atrocities, Dambazzua's houses, Kyari & co MTN debacle, clearing of golden grasses with N270m, missing N2.5b under PMB's very nose, or are you having selective amnesia about the FACT that this regime is making its cronies rich by illegal allocations of forex as pointed out by Sanusi?

you talk of what projects GEJ did, yet you pretend ignorance to the schools, rail systems, power plants he built that even Amaechi & Fashola have grudgingly admitted to?

you accuse GEJ of not saving, yet its your misguided ilk that fought him when he tried to remove subsidy, the very thing you now use to accuse him of corruption. that's how you guys shouted about Independence day spending only to be exposed as chronic liars. even the arms deal you love referring to, let the trial be made public & then we shall know the facts.

your present leaders say they need at least $25b yearly to improve infrastructure, & yet in your ignorance you wanted GEJ to save every penny.

you talk of corruption under GEJ but you have a melt down when you are reminded that $2.8b got missing in 1978, $12b in 1990, $6b in 1997, $8b in 1998, over $20b between 1999-2007 under various governments. or is it PTF's N350b that can't be accounted for that is not corruption?
these are monies stolen by INDIVIDUALS in government not to talk of the loot by their favoured cronies.

& you talk of lower FG revenue, yet the government proposed over $6 for budget in 2016 & another $7 for 2017. does it mean you guys are too stupid to do proper calculations or what?

you talk of budget padding from a president that can't even spell his name right. how won't the budget be padded when he doesn't know his left from right? ok, now that the 2017 budget will HOPEFULLY be passed smoothly, are we to concluded that palms have been creased in the NASS?

look, before you cast aspersions on others, make sure you are blameless so you don't come across as a hypocritically misguided individual.
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by nextprince: 10:32pm On Dec 07, 2016
ivandragon:

lol.

you made an allegation about corruption in the last administration. an allegation is thrown back at you & the next thing is to resort to the 'wailers drivel'?

well, if I knew you were this shallow, I would have kept my distance from you. you who has closed eyes to the cases of Buratai the super saver, Fashola's diamond studded boreholes, Amaechi's atrocities, Dambazzua's houses, Kyari & co MTN debacle, clearing of golden grasses with N270m, missing N2.5b under PMB's very nose, or are you having selective amnesia about the FACT that this regime is making its cronies rich by illegal allocations of forex as pointed out by Sanusi?

you talk of what projects GEJ did, yet you pretend ignorance to the schools, rail systems, power plants he built that even Amaechi & Fashola have grudgingly admitted to?

you accuse GEJ of not saving, yet its your misguided ilk that fought him when he tried to remove subsidy, the very thing you now use to accuse him of corruption. that's how you guys shouted about Independence day spending only to be exposed as chronic liars. even the arms deal you love referring to, let the trial be made public & then we shall know the facts.

your present leaders say they need at least $25b yearly to improve infrastructure, & yet in your ignorance you wanted GEJ to save every penny.

you talk of corruption under GEJ but you have a melt down when you are reminded that $2.8b got missing in 1978, $12b in 1990, $6b in 1997, $8b in 1998, over $20b between 1999-2007 under various governments. or is it PTF's $350 that can't be accounted for that is not corruption?

& you talk of lower FG revenue, yet the government proposed over $6 for budget in 2016 & another $7 for 2017. does it mean you guys are too stupid to do proper calculations or what?

you talk of budget padding from a president that can't even spell his name right. how won't the budget be padded when he doesn't know his left from right? ok, now that the 2017 budget will HOPEFULLY be passed smoothly, are we to concluded that palms have been creased in the NASS?

look, before you cast aspersions on others, make sure you are blameless so you don't come across as a hypocritically misguided individual.

Nawa for wailers oh! U said the stealing going on in this administration is more than the previous one only for u to start boring me with figures from the same previous administration. Of all the figures up there, the 2.5b and 270m are the ones misappropriated in this administration and discovered by the same administration. Compared with other figures, this is insignificant, yet stealing is more in this administration. O boy see reasoning. Burutai, Tinubu, fashola, Amaechi etc all stole in this administration I guess. Bro, stop wailing, it sucks.
Meanwhile, work on ur grammar, I just highlighted some for u. I'm too busy for thorough checking. Structures are also important in English language, work on that as well.
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by Leopardd(m): 11:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
nextprince:

Nawa for wailers oh! U said the stealing going on in this administration is more than the previous one only for u to start boring me with figures from the same previous administration. Of all the figures up there, the 2.5b and 270m are the ones misappropriated in this administration and discovered by the same administration. Compared with other figures, this is insignificant, yet stealing is more in this administration. O boy see reasoning. Burutai, Tinubu, fashola, Amaechi etc all stole in this administration I guess. Bro, stop wailing, it sucks.
Meanwhile, work on ur grammar, I just highlighted some for u. I'm too busy for thorough checking. Structures are also important in English language, work on that as well.

Hide ur face in shame, u have been thoroughly whitewashed with facts.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by bashydemy(m): 12:10am On Dec 08, 2016
Hahhaa which source be this?
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by nextprince: 3:40am On Dec 08, 2016
Leopardd:

Hide ur face in shame, u have been thoroughly whitewashed with facts.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

What's this one saying? It is either u have serious comprehension problem or u just want to answer 'present' in the wailing class. cool
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by DonCortino: 4:40am On Dec 08, 2016
billyG:

Fed.govt is an institution not a person,obj did not took it to ota,yar'adua did not took it 2 d grave,gej did not took it 2 otuoke.d commitees,ministries,agencies,judges,Nass are not working 4 buhari but for nigeria.

Guy why nah! Why?
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by ivandragon: 5:50am On Dec 08, 2016
Meanwhile, work on ur grammar, I just highlighted some for u. I'm too busy for thorough checking. Structures are also important in English language, work on that as well. [/quote]

checking my grammar?

you are more petty than I thought if you cannot deduce that those were errors. its like saying you are dull for spelling Buratai as 'Burutai', or calling you out for using a small letter to start the spelling of the name 'fashola'... don't you see its petty on your part?

so N2.5b has become insignificant? pocket change? do you have any idea of the magnitude of FX fraud going on? in order words, you support some level of stealing? or you just support a different set of thieves?

you nonchalantly dismiss the corruption of other governments but take delight in drumming up that of the immediate past administration, isn't that been hypocritical?

don't worry, before this regime is over, we shall have this same discussion on looted funds, God willing.

besides, if you are an avid follower of the most prominent anti-corruption case, the $2.1b 'dasukigate', you would see that the total amount of money Dasuki is accused of misappropriating is less than N50b. are we now to infer that N50b is insignificant?
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by nextprince: 7:12am On Dec 08, 2016
ivandragon:

checking my grammar?

you are more petty than I thought if you cannot deduce that those were errors. its like saying you are dull for spelling Buratai as 'Burutai', or calling you out for using a small letter to start the spelling of the name 'fashola'... don't you see its petty on your part?

so N2.5b has become insignificant? pocket change? do you have any idea of the magnitude of FX fraud going on? in order words, you support some level of stealing? or you just support a different set of thieves?

you nonchalantly dismiss the corruption of other governments but take delight in drumming up that of the immediate past administration, isn't that been hypocritical?

don't worry, before this regime is over, we shall have this same discussion on looted funds, God willing.

besides, if you are an avid follower of the most prominent anti-corruption case, the $2.1b 'dasukigate', you would see that the total amount of money Dasuki is accused of misappropriating is less than N50b. are we now to infer that N50b is insignificant?

Bro, u better keep quiet cos the more u talk the more ur ignorance is thrown to the surface. U comfortably described the president as unable to spell his name cos he signed a document on which his name was incorrectly spelt (which he certainly did not notice) and u are here murdering grammar, blaming typo at the same time. Cooking pot calling the kettle black. grin.
2.5B is a huge amount but compare it with the figures u are brandishing.
Besides, the uncovering of the fraud is a part of the anti-corruption drive (body odour things) unlike during ur hero's era when '50b' (among many others, as we have been hearing from the anti-graft agencies) was never discovered, yet '"the stealing going on now is more". Choi which kind logic b dis? Pls express 2.5 as a percentage of 50. Nawa oh!
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by TRAVEL101(m): 7:14am On Dec 08, 2016
oya start the probe.
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by ivandragon: 7:34am On Dec 08, 2016
nextprince:

Bro, u better keep quiet cos the more u talk the more ur ignorance is thrown to the surface. U comfortably described the president as unable to spell his name cos he signed a document on which his name was incorrectly spelt (which he certainly did not notice) and u are here murdering grammar, blaming typo at the same time. Cooking pot calling the kettle black. grin.
2.5B is a huge amount but compare it with the figures u are brandishing.
Besides, the uncovering of the fraud is a part of the anti-corruption drive (body odour things) unlike during ur hero's era when '50b' (among many others, as we have been hearing from the anti-graft agencies) was never discovered, yet '"the stealing going on now is more". Choi which kind logic b dis? Pls express 2.5 as a percentage of 50. Nawa oh!

do you even reason at all?

can't you see how incoherent & inconsistent you are?

you called me out for errors, I pointed out yours & yet you are saying pot calling kettle black?

again, you say can N2.5b be compared to N50b.

can you compare writing on Nairaland, to the President of Nigeria writing to the NASS? how can the president of a country not notice his name was spelt wrongly on such an important document?

can you see how you just flipflop about?

a thief is a thief... no matter how you try to justify the present stealing. or stealing in a small way is no longer corruption?

you even write childishly by using 'u', 'ur', 'dis'... but being an informal forum such things are overlooked until people like you decide to show your ignorance by making issues out of it.

well, being that I addressed your initial post, I will let you have the last word because I know you will respond with some drivel, which will be contradictory as usual anyway.
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by billyG(m): 8:43am On Dec 08, 2016
DonCortino:

Guy why nah! Why?

That is why we cannot build institutions in nigeria everything is revolving about an individual-a minister,commissioner,director,chairman,pple on d street dnt wanna hav their own initiatives.we shld try to depersonalise d system.let us build institutions dnt look up to Buhari 4 everything oxygen,life as if he is God.wailers put all blames in their life on him as if he is d master of d universe.
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by DonCortino: 9:42am On Dec 08, 2016
billyG:

That is why we cannot build institutions in nigeria everything is revolving about an individual-a minister,commissioner,director,chairman,pple on d street dnt wanna hav their own initiatives.we shld try to depersonalise d system.let us build institutions dnt look up to Buhari 4 everything oxygen,life as if he is God.wailers put all blames in their life on him as if he is d master of d universe.

But you zombies blame GEJ for the past, present and future whenever things go wrong!
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari’s Committee Unable To Account For N2.5B by nextprince: 10:11am On Dec 08, 2016
ivandragon:

do you even reason at all?

can't you see how incoherent & inconsistent you are?

you called me out for errors, I pointed out yours & yet you are saying pot calling kettle black?

again, you say can N2.5b be compared to N50b.

can you compare writing on Nairaland, to the President of Nigeria writing to the NASS? how can the president of a country not notice his name was spelt wrongly on such an important document?

can you see how you just flipflop about?

a thief is a thief... no matter how you try to justify the present stealing. or stealing in a small way is no longer corruption?

you even write childishly by using 'u', 'ur', 'dis'... but being an informal forum such things are overlooked until people like you decide to show your ignorance by making issues out of it.

well, being that I addressed your initial post, I will let you have the last word because I know you will respond with some drivel, which will be contradictory as usual anyway.

Nay bro and I will certainly respond. The use of letters in place of words is widely used on social media and this is certainly not an excuse for committing grammatical blunders. While the use of initial upper case letters in the spelling of proper nouns is a standard, the use of lower cases may be ignored in informal writings especially on social media. The same cannot be said of the use of words which are grammatically not in agreement. As if that is not enough, the writer is accusing someone else of not being able to spell his name, this is where a cooking pot was calling the kettle black.

Yes, I said 'compare 2.5b with 50b" and tell me which is greater, then apply it to ur logic of "more stealing is going on in this administration than the previous one". Meanwhile, the 2.5b and 50b are just the figures u came up with to justify ur argument not mine and I can assure you if I decide to start quoting figures, we may loose sight of the main issue. Ur figures are against ur argument but in the spirit of wailing, u still think u have a point, no u don't have bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State / Presidency: Handover To A Christian, We Are Against Muslim-Muslim Ticket – PFN / "Amaechi Can't Bribe Judges, He Is A True Child Of God" - Rivers APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.