Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,593 members, 7,929,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:48 AM

Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? (20239 Views)

Poll: Magun: myth or reality?

Myth: 30% (15 votes)
Reality: 69% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief / Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. / Nigerian English Not Pidgin English A Myth Or Reality A Foreigner's Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by pete(m): 10:37pm On Jan 11, 2007
i'm pressed to make a slight but logically conclusive input on this subject.magun sure exist, there is no physical lightening from the sky, note for seun, if the devil exst then magun exist, if we can kill by making poeple run crazy in secs. or by incantations, then magun is not an imposibility.killing poeple via withcraft is not allien to african culture, can understand why magun would be a huge exception, i have seen a man shake hands with my uncle, i was 9yrs old and he was dieing in secs. they had to beg this man to revive him, foaming in the mouth and all that kinda stuff, so once again, the hand and the vigina which looks more potent for a killing spell, we're africans and can't feighn ignorance to the existence of these things.gun bullet proof? its real, seen it first hand, see i'm from urhobo delta state and that was one of the things we do during our festivals, i may live in the usa now and with all modern gadjets, i know these shit exist.i was a recepient to the gun thing and knives and sharp objects, not sure if it still existed, but i know in 1987 i saw people being shot and stabbed with no effect, believe it or not.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by naijacutee(f): 6:30am On Jan 12, 2007
Seun:

Bullet-proof using Juju? Hehe. Why do people take Nigerian action movies too seriously? cheesy
Seun, do you honestly not believe this or do you just choose not to?
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by hotangel2(f): 12:48pm On Jan 13, 2007
texazzpete:

, And that's where you're hooked. You'd like to believe this is a reality, then for you it becomes a reality. The thing is, when you believe in or embrace the belief of jazz happening to you, then ou render yourself vulnerable to it. Me, i no send such things like this.
here's an example; i consider myself a man of logic, so i can't imagine a case where someone is shot with a gun and the bullet bounces off him. such things to me are totally impossible. ergo, no amount of jazz will anybody rub in Nigeria that a bullet fired from my gun will not 'enter'. because my mind will never entertain the idea of a bullet bouncing off a naked chest.

Just blank what others say and do your own thing. I have a friend who goes to his village a lot, people complain of witch attacks at night but he's been untouched so far. as he says "maybe witches truly exist, but i no want their trouble and them no want my trouble!". That belief alone could keep him safe.

, just my opinion,

Like i said, It's one thing to know and accept that things like this do happen, and it's another thing to believe that it can happen to you.

I agree that these things happen because I don't see any other explainations for how a powder that has gone through the babalawo process could kill someone.
Juju happens, but i have no 'deal' with juju. Because Sincerely speaking, God is on my side.

Your friend is logical enough to know that There's a 'maybe' that witches exists. But since like me, he doesn't have any problem/deal with them, nothing can really happen to him.

I think a good example would be that, You know and accept that gay people exist, But that don't mean you want to be gay. Infact, that might also not mean that you would want to have a gay friend. It just means, you are aware that gay people exist.

I know that magun is real, but that don't mean I Believe that it will 'strike' me. oOhh by the way, im not even planning on sleeping with another man's wife. lipsrsealed
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by CaliBobo1(m): 3:36pm On Jan 13, 2007
Wetin now, why una dey try scare bobos w/ all this magun talk.shocked

Good thing all that mess no dey our area o!. I go down to d millitary base at Camp Pendelton in San Diego all d time. Do u know how many marine soldiers in Iraq have wives running around here looking 4 a temporary replacement 4 their husbands (especially during this cold winter). Since am not that crazy enough to go & get myself blown up in Iraq, I take it as my patriotic duty to please dem booty, and I take my duties seriously grin grin

So odukwa risky, I would rather worry about looking over my shoulder for any sniper attacks from unappreciative husbands returning from Iraq, than worry about some nonsense magun, spiritual, physical or otherwise,  cool
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by rikkyjen(m): 9:49pm On Jan 13, 2007
CaliBobo!:

Wetin now, why una dey try scare bobos w/ all this magun talk.shocked

Good thing all that mess no dey here o!. I live in d Camp Pendelton area of San Diego. Do u know how many marine soldiers in Iraq have wives running around here looking 4 a temporary replacement 4 their husbands (especially since this winter is wickedly cold). Since am not that crazy enough to go get myself blown up in Iraq, I take it as my patriotic duty to please d booty, and I take my duties seriouslygrin

So odukwa risky, I would rather worry about looking over my shoulder for any sniper attacks from unappreciative husbands returning from Iraq, than worry about some nonsense magun, spiritual, physical or otherwise, cool

Ol Boy, so you want the purple heart medal for Yanshing a soldiers wife abi? U no even try! While some guys are sacrificing their Limbs,lives and providing freedom for you and i. Then you have the effontery to question the manner in which they provide the freedom not only dat, but you have the Balls to sleep with 'em Wives sad. Hmm, If dat trash they call Magun were to exist, i should give 'em soldiers some to lace some on their wife for 'em Boyz like you.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Josh4ever9: 6:17am On Jan 14, 2007
I know for a fact that Juju exists and if it does magun exists too.
I heard this from a confidential source, this is a well balanced person, she has more than two degrees from college and is a very religious christian. She told me that she went to her home town one time and when she was leaving all of a sudden discovered a boil on her thigh that was just growing bigger. she prayed over it and the next day the boil dissapeared. those of you who have had boils know that this is not normal, they do not dissapear in a day no matter how much vaseline you put on them. So if Juju exists, then magun definately exists.

The world is full of panaromal and supernatural things that science or orthodiox christianity cannot explain, but the blood of jesus is all encompassing.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by CaliBobo1(m): 8:16am On Jan 14, 2007
@ rikkyjen, don't hate, participate, lol cheesy

Seriously tho, I was just using sarcasm to elucidate d absurdity of a concept like 'Magun' that cannot be justified under any proven medical theory whatsoever.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Seun(m): 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2007
She told me that she went to her home town one time and when she was leaving all of a sudden discovered a boil on her thigh that was just growing bigger. she prayed over it and the next day the boil dissapeared.
How are you so sure that boil that disappear in 24 hours are not already recognized by medical doctors?
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Yimsfred(m): 6:58pm On Jan 14, 2007
@ Seun, Hear attack ke?
Magun is real. If you doubt it, there's this place in shagamu where lots of their ladies' got it. You may go and testify that Magun is real.
More so, have you seen Magun (Thunderbolt) done by Mainframe? That film is meant to erase our over-modernized brains to believe in some mythologies.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by rikkyjen(m): 8:03pm On Jan 14, 2007
Yimsfred:

@ Seun, Hear attack ke?
Magun is real. If you doubt it, there's this place in shagamu where lots of their ladies' got it. You may go and testify that Magun is real.
More so, have you seen Magun (Thunderbolt) done by Mainframe? That film is meant to erase our over-modernized brains to believe in some mythologies.

Exactly my sentiment! Tunde Kelani's movies could be controversial and fictional at times. Its obvious you are basing your Judgement on a mere film. Any village idiot can make a film about anything. Its so hilarious dat a mere film based on a Fictional book by Akinwunmi isola could lead to people having warped judgements and myopic thoughts!
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by CaliBobo1(m): 10:12pm On Jan 14, 2007
Why is it dat when we do not understand medical symptoms on a person, we feel comfortable concluding its d result of juju or vodoo?.

I remember back in d late 80's in Akure, there was dis Bola d Tailor guy dat allegedly slept w/ some gal in graveyards as a money generating ritual. The gal as a result started showing some strange symptoms, lost a lot of weight & eventually died. Her emanciated pix together w/ d 4 story building d tailor built in Akure w/ d blood money was in all d papers. "Experts" claimed d tailor used money making juju on d poor gal. Years later when HIV AIDS gained prominence, learned folks realised d symptoms resulting in her death was identical to dat 4 full blown AIDS!

So guys, all these cases of lovers sticking 2gether or crowing like 'akukwo' after commiting adultery, if really true, would find a logical & medical explanation in d near future, insha allah wink
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Yimsfred(m): 4:37pm On Jan 16, 2007
rikkyjen:

Exactly my sentiment! Tunde Kelani's movies could be controversial and fictional at times. Its obvious you are basing your Judgement on a mere film. Any village idiot can make a film about anything. Its so hilarious that a mere film based on a Fictional book by Akinwunmi isola could lead to people having warped judgements and myopic thoughts!
Here we go again. PEOPLE DO NOT JUST WANT TO BELIEVE SOME FACTS, all in the name of MODERNIZATION and the sugar-coated education. They are called MYTHs, but this is REAL. I think most you guys must be some Nigerians brainwashed by WHITE FOOLS. If you can believe EPILEPSY, why can't you be research-oriented, and not just shutting your brains to amazing occurences. Or, is it because the white folks have not got 'ENGLISH WORD' for it?
If you have elders who have knowledge of such traditional things. ASK and you will unveil so much fact.
There are places where this thing is rampant. I heard about desperate fathers who decided to put it on their daugthers because they heard some immigrants are having advantage of the innocent dullants. And it was a disaster. This happened in Sagamu barely 3 years ago. IGNORANCE IS A DISEASE.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Greatpeter(m): 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2007
Magun is real!
Beware!
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Seun(m): 9:42pm On Jan 16, 2007
A few decades ago, people in this country "knew" the reason why sicklers tend to die young: they are ogbanjes!!

About Tunde Kelani's film, it just reminds us that films are good at making people believe ridiculous things.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by CaliBobo1(m): 12:20am On Jan 17, 2007
@ Seun, I concur.

Also, am new here, so let me take this opportunity to commend u for creating a forum where intelligent Nigerians can ponder & come up with positively resourceful ideas.

I have a dream, that these ideas will not only help erase d negative status quo associated with anything Niger, but also allow 'die hards' to finally let go of historical "myths" that have no factual or rational basis in today's "reality".

O yes, I have a dream,
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by richylaw(m): 11:13pm On Jan 17, 2007
To be candid I have been enjoying this magun issue. what displeases me most is that our root is getting fast forgotten and been replaced with a whiteman's idea whom also has his own black powers but will not disclose.
I need to commend all those who have contributed to believe or to dispute.Of course this forum is an opinion oriented one, for you to say your mind on an issue , it's just the way we see it, anyway not to bore you much with my epistle, I will be on the strong opinion that there is juju and it works on you when you make yourself susceptible to it, for only those that God keeps are made free from evil, whatever your religion is, you recognize evil and that's why you pray against it, take it or leave it MAGUN exist , without exaggerating but to further blow up curiosity I am confirming to you today that there over 240 types of magun! smiley, truly speaking. This forum may not be the very best to explain what some people call "MYTHS" of the Yoruba culture. As the name says in Yoruba MAGUN coined from a Yoruba phrase , "iwo ko gbodo gun un" simply meaning dont climb, such an unrelated meaning to Kelani's interpretation as THUNDER BOLT right? For your linguistic information Thunderbolt in Yoruba is called "EDUN ARA" a different Sango related issue entirely. Just like we all may agree films could be fictitious most time. To cut the long story short, as I am not of the opinion to start giving further lecture
MAGUN IS REAL
OVER 240 TYPES
YOU MAY NOT NECESSARILY DIE IF YOU ARE INFECTED , BUT MAY SEE HEAVEN
I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN,I HAVE HEARD IT HAPPEN
I AM NOT A HERBALIST OR JUJU MAN
I'M A CHRISTIAN , IN TRUTH AND IN FAITH
BUT I'M YORUBA, I KNOW MY CULTURE AND I HAVE ENOUGH EVIDENCES AS I WAS BROUGHT UP IN THE CULTURE.
Please take it MAGUN exists but , well, may not work on you, GO AND GIVE A TRIAL
IF ANYONE NEEDS FURTHER DETAILS , CONTACT ME ON THIS FORUM , I WILL GET BACK TO YOU AND FIND A BETTER MEDIUM OF COMMUNICATION TO LECTURE YOU FURTHER.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Yimsfred(m): 10:11am On Jan 18, 2007
Richylaw, proud of you man. Glad to see a brother who not only escped the OYINBO BRAINWASHIN SYSTEM, but's got stored knowledge on African real but mysterious culture.
MAGUN IS REAL O!
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by swing4real(m): 11:22am On Jan 18, 2007
Exist or not.The best option is to run away from another man´s wife just like Joe in the bible to aavoidsuch (Magun) from happening.Sleeping with another man´s wife is like playing with a fire and believe me that is a step to the land of the doom.It is so wrong to sleep with another man´s wife.There are alot of single girls out there.so why go for a married woman? i don´t just dig it undecided.How would u feel if you find another man/woman sleeping with your wife or man?.if you do not want another man/woman to sleep with ur man/woman then dont shag a married man or woman coz what goes around comes around

@CaliBobo
I hope u were kidding in ur previous post?
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by oIo(m): 11:42am On Jan 18, 2007
The truth is
"We should not be ignorant of the fact that these things happen"
What we should do is try not to be in the position to know if it is real or not,
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by awolumate(m): 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2007
;Deh eh wetin be magun.You never hear say if pikin sabi die,him mama go sabi bury am.To all the ferengis and nacksons in the house.If you suspect say that kind thing fit dey woman body.make sure say you wet dat place well with iced water b4 u begin kiss.dem never born the magun well.the thing go freeze all tru the action period. grin
Mind you this method has not been medically and scientically proved, U dey ur own risk sha. grin grin grin grin shocked
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Olufidu(m): 12:19am On Jan 19, 2007
Anyone that subscribes to the school of thought that there exit a supreme being called God and an extremely wicked being called satan should believe the existence of THUNDER BOLT. Why? T.B. is one of the products in the armory of Satan. Most people believe in witches, wizards, native doctors etc but funny enough they don't want to believe a simple weapon made by these folks. Meanwhile, I know of a chic that the husband claims he has laid with this stuff, any volunteer from the unbelieved camp to assist to finally lay this to rest grin grin grin 'am out of here . , . . . .
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by richylaw(m): 12:46am On Jan 19, 2007
@ olufidu,

Good to see people who hears the truth , knows the truth and as well speak the truth , like I had explained earlier in my first contribution Magun is real and I am happy to see that a lot who are ready or already knows the truth had concurred.
Anyway to ease the bond on the Naksons, MAGUN actually has an antidote "ERO",one is a preventive one while the other is a curative one shocked but from observation only one out of fifty are lucky to have the antidote administered on them.
ALL IN ALL , PLEASE DON'T GO PERCEIVING WHAT YOU WON'T EAT WITH YOUR NOSE "EYI TI A O NIJE , KA MA FI RUN IMU O"
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by rafcrown(m): 1:50am On Jan 19, 2007
hello everybody,if they can get hot money using juju,dont cllimb or magun should not be a big deal
leave a married woman alone
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by deejay1(m): 2:43am On Jan 19, 2007
i never see it heppen thou but i think it might b true with dis kinda of peeps dat practice traditional tihing
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by jorospet: 8:05am On Jan 19, 2007
magun is real,anyone that doesnt believe it should come to nigeria.There are different types of magun.some after sex you ask for a glass of water 3 times after you dies.some you will sommersalt 3 times and thats the end.Some you must noy eat okro soup.this is not a supersticious believe because it did happen to a close family friend of mine.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by jorospet: 8:09am On Jan 19, 2007
magun is real.a very rael phenomenon.i will like us to discuss this topic in our next topic-MASTURBATION-IS IT A SIN?
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by magneto(m): 9:03am On Jan 19, 2007
y'all in support of this 'magun' thing must be kiddin me! someone even said sompn about somersaulting 3 times. . . buhahahahaha!!! (men, that was a good one! grin). the version i heard was that the guys d*ck immediately starts growing longer. . . up to 6 ft!!! jeez! can u believe that isht??! ha! and they say africans don't have fertile imaginations!
well, the bottom line is, i don't give a f*ck 'bout no 'magun' or 'magnum' watever da heck it is! but i know for a fact that sleeping with another man's wife is sick.
come to think of it, what makes y'all think 'it' is restricted to married women only? only goes to show what hypocritical piece of trashes naijerians could be at times!! y'all conveniently excluded single gals from the 'magun' syndrome. . . just so u can appease ur 'randyness'. but ask urself this question, if a man can 'magun' his wife, what stops him from also 'maguning' his unmarried little angels, and then 'uninstalling' when they are getting married? <pause> . . . hmmm, i can almost see somebody shaking his head and muttering 'not possible'.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by richylaw(m): 1:06pm On Jan 19, 2007
@ magneto,

magneto:

come to think of it, what makes y'all think 'it' is restricted to married women only? only goes to show what hypocritical piece of trashes naijerians could be at times!! y'all conveniently excluded single gals from the 'magun' syndrome. . . just so u can appease your 'randyness'. but ask yourself this question, if a man can 'magun' his wife, what stops him from also 'maguning' his unmarried little angels, and then 'uninstalling' when they are getting married? <pause> . . . hmmm, i can almost see somebody shaking his head and muttering 'not possible'.

Myth or reality it's a choice to make , One thing I have to say is that married people seems to be the point of discussion on this topic because the thread started with a married man and woman falling victim of " magnum" grin as u av called it.
The fact is that magun works on females who can differentiate between left and right (matured) either married or unmarried. But the danger is this, most types of magun spell can stay on a lady for a maximum of 7 days ,if this woman does not meet with a man within this period then the wicked man who cast the spell on her must remove it immediately otherwise the woman might?, so that's why the man who knows the game of magun will not cast on the unmarried little angels. u can imagine if she will be out of this mans custody beyond 7 days - who does the uninstalling - of course a secret in the first place.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by magneto(m): 4:24pm On Jan 19, 2007
so now magnum has expiry date and comes in different types (n flavours i presume) good gracious!!!! i can bet that there's also a healthy competition among the babalawos that sell them!
so richy, ur saying that the woman has to be physically present for the deed to be done? and did i hear u say in secret?? shocked don't quite follow u here. . . care to expantiate?
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by richylaw(m): 6:29pm On Jan 19, 2007
@ magneto

[quote author=magneto 
so richy, your saying that the woman has to be physically present for the deed to be done? and did i hear u say in secret?? shocked don't quite follow u here. . . care to expantiate?
[quote][/quote]

well administration of magun on a woman is just simple , all u need to do is to lay the stuff on her path way either in the house or anywhere u know she will go through .once she goes over it , the deed is done and the devil's bell begin to clock for the unlucky male concubine.Like I said this is active for 7 days , if after 7 days she doesn't have an intercourse the magun effect turns to the woman, though not in a format of crowing or summersaulting but don't ask me o. For you to unistall the nuclear weapon software you installed before the effect turns back to the woman then , you need to secretly lay the stuff on the floor again and she will cross over it again ignorantly.thats y there is d need 4 her to be physically available to you and not for any other funny or hidden reason.
A point to note-  Women of power or mighty men of dark places knows how to remove the spell of magun from themselves or a women  before they have anything doing with her. Magneto this issue is  complex of explanation, if you need a comprehesive tutorial of what magun is, then indicate , I will try to get to you on a personal base. Mind u I   don't do magun neither do I practice d art of juju. I get to know things out of curiosity.I am a christian but remember the bible says that my people perisheth because they lack knowledge[/color]-----further on, it also says -[color=#990000]all things are permissible but not all things are profitable this is certain for the present kingdom of earth and the Glorious to come. op that answers your Q
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Miketomi: 12:41pm On Jan 22, 2007
Richylaw, thanks for the great info on Magun.
To all doubting Thomases in the house about the existence of MAGUN, I guess you guys are just doing that for the fun of the whole stuff.
MAGUN is real and indeed it has killed several people before now and it will continue to kill as long as people will not fear GOD.
The fact that you are not a direct eye witness does not in any way alloy the existence of Magun.
In all our ways, let fear GOD. Remember the fear of GOD is the begining of wisdom including the wisdom of escaping the wrath of MAGUN and other satanic vices.
God loves you all so do I .
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Josh4ever9: 7:01am On Jan 24, 2007
@ Seun.
The web contains all information, please direct me to a legit one that tells me that boils dissapear in 24 hours without applying anything to it. A big boil too, or tell me of one that just suddently appears on you, already big and full of pus. Then I will believe that that wasnt juju.

The world is just being discovered by scientists, please dont believe that everything can be explained by science. it cannot even agree on how the world was created.

It's cool tho, if you dont believe all that exists, saves you a lot of worry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

East African Hairstyles / 21 Ibadan Kings To Dethrone Olubadan / Abdul-Rasheed Adewale Akanbi 50th Birthday Celebration: Dignitaries Storm Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.