Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,735 members, 7,965,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 08:32 PM

U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] - Sports (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] (29274 Views)

Poll: And the Winner is?

Nigeria: 95% (85 votes)
Switzerland: 4% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Jordan Vs Nigeria - (1 - 0) International Friendly On 28th October 2013 / Mexico V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (1 - 6) on 19 Oct 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by brutal(m): 10:12pm On Nov 15, 2009
make una leave okoro alone.d guy played very well. . .even d german commentator said he should have been awarded d most valuable player. . .As an attacking midfielder, he ought 2 be selfish sometimes.
Botton line:he's guy is a good player.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by brutal(m): 10:14pm On Nov 15, 2009
make una leave okoro alone.d guy played very well. . .even d german commentator said he should have been awarded d most valuable player. . .As an attacking midfielder, he ought 2 be selfish sometimes.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by ovo4u(m): 10:15pm On Nov 15, 2009
Why is this Country disappointing us in every way? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

I am so f**king mad, if i had know i couldn't have watch the match, i was expecting this boys would have won the game, God why did you have to creat some country great and some country so f**k up? This shit is killing me, have to go to bed.

cry cry cry
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 15, 2009
^^^^ My Thoughts Exactly! angry angry
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by brutal(m): 10:16pm On Nov 15, 2009
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by ovo4u(m): 10:19pm On Nov 15, 2009
Why is this Country disappointing us in every way? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

I am so f**king mad, if i had know i couldn't have watch the match, i was expecting this boys would have won the game, God why did you have to creat some country great and some country so f**k up? This shit is killing me, have to go to bed.

cry cry cry
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by RolandPet(m): 10:20pm On Nov 15, 2009
That okoro man is fucktxxxx,

Selfish maluuu, they have mix a great reward,atleast they would have catered away with some plot of land at Abj and some cool cash.

Thats is what been selfish can cost at times!
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by reindeer: 10:21pm On Nov 15, 2009
But wait o!
who tell all of una say even those swiss kids arent older than 17?una think say na only nija dey cheat?its just that they probably brought 20year olds and we brought in our geriatric footballers. grin
Anyways sha, i hope nigerians enjoyed the ride,have no hope for those arthritic super eagles o, they are adept at breaking hearts.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by chidyke77(m): 10:22pm On Nov 15, 2009
@brutal
I agree wt u
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by brutal(m): 10:23pm On Nov 15, 2009
too much traffic  here
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by stanloski(m): 10:41pm On Nov 15, 2009
Una still dey hia dey bleat? I will take WC qualification over this metuselah infested gang of geriatrics any day. Who would prefer exchanging the WCQ for this nonsense u-17 (?) trophy?

Non of the major news channels is even talking about the contest so please lets take it for wat it really is- exposure for toddlers, except we elect to enter grown baboons! Am sure the kids of some of our players will be crying about how daddy missed simple goals.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by stanloski(m): 10:45pm On Nov 15, 2009
Una still dey hia dey bleat? I will take WC qualification over this metuselah infested gang of geriatrics any day. Who would prefer exchanging the WCQ for this nonsense u-17 (?) trophy?

Non of the major news channels is even talking about the contest so please lets take it for wat it really is- exposure for toddlers, except we elect to enter grown baboons! Am sure the kids of some of our players will be crying about how daddy missed simple goals.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by buffead(f): 10:51pm On Nov 15, 2009
wen is da world cup draw nd da african nations ?/
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by ProAnti: 11:00pm On Nov 15, 2009
stanloski:

grin grin grin
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by TheSly: 11:02pm On Nov 15, 2009
stanloski:

Am sure the kids of some of our players will be crying about how daddy missed simple goals.
grin grin grin grin
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by xtristo(m): 11:02pm On Nov 15, 2009
@Law
PROPHET OF DOOM!
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by bawomolo(m): 11:06pm On Nov 15, 2009
stanloski:

Am sure the kids of some of our players will be crying about how daddy missed simple goals.

lmao classic
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by chamotex(m): 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2009
The MEN tried
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by franktolk(m): 11:23pm On Nov 15, 2009
these are fully grown men,playing with boys, anyway this is sport for us,u win some, u lose some.So let's keep faith wth the super eagles and let's build a formidable squad and stop all destructive crticisms.

I thot u guys wanted to use the under 17 boys to replace the super Eagles, Lol!

This is just an under i7 tourney ,so dont let us bring down the roof.

Cheers!
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by chidexy(m): 12:01am On Nov 16, 2009
Okoro wasn't the cause of our losing the match. Left to me, he was our best player in the whole tournament including today's final. Just that being Nigerians, and lacking the sportsmanship spirit of losing some and winning some, we must make a scapegoat of someone.

He was very inspirational and the Swiss goalkeeper was at his best, if not, we would have won by a wide margin.

Our error in the game was actually starting Sani Emmanuel - we failed to prioritize. We wanted to clear the whole stable of prizes alone. He was effectively checked up there and Okoro was left with no option than to be taking long shots - and almost all were accurate shots. So those who are calling him names should spare him.

Okoro and Kayode were the best today
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by chidexy(m): 12:04am On Nov 16, 2009
Okoro wasn't the cause of our losing the match. Left to me, he was our best player in the whole tournament including today's final. Just that being Nigerians, and lacking the sportsmanship spirit of losing some and winning some, we must make a scapegoat of someone.

He was very inspirational and the Swiss goalkeeper was at his best, if not, we would have won by a wide margin.

Our error in the game was actually starting Sani Emmanuel - we failed to prioritize. We wanted to clear the whole stable of prizes alone. He was effectively checked up there and Okoro was left with no option than to be taking long shots - and almost all were accurate shots. So those who are calling him names should spare him.

Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by chidexy(m): 12:07am On Nov 16, 2009

Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Okijajuju1(m): 12:16am On Nov 16, 2009
chidexy:

Okoro wasn't the cause of our losing the match.

HUH!! shocked shocked shocked

Are you sure you watched that match at all??

chidexy:

Left to me, he was our best player in the whole tournament including today's final.

Please rephrase. Best player of the tournament except the final match.

I would say lynch okoro, but then again, switzerland also came to this final to win it. Selfishness and hardluck killed us today.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Borat1: 1:09am On Nov 16, 2009
Y'all should shut up and go to sleep!!
dolts!
Are you SAF that looks for whom to blame his defeat on after every match?
The boys were beat and that is it!
Beat by a fresher, more handsome, more technical team that did not lose a single match througout the tournament.
You carried ugly old pensioners and looked the other way while they outmuscled the younger generation
Now retribution has come and you are looking for whom to blame
Nonsense
I enjoyed the joy on the swiss players faces,
It was PRICECLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by dipo2much(m): 1:18am On Nov 16, 2009
In my opinion,we played well and if dis were some league match i would say we derverved a draw at least. But someone's gotta loose. It would have been sore to lose on penalties. I agree that maybe sani emmanuel shouldnt have started. But would you blame the coach for trying to reward him? He comes from the bench and scores goals,we shoulda left it like that. emmanuel's selfishness cost us a clear goal in the first half. The coach was so angry when he tried to score when 2 players were better postioned for goal and he refused to pass the ball to them,the coach was telling him with body language that "if he repeated it again,he would b sitting on the bench".
The swiss played with more discipline,and who else think seferovic is less than 22? The guy's face clearly shows his teen years are far behind him and did you see him carry his coach like the coach weighed one loaf of butterfield? grin
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Radiant(f): 1:19am On Nov 16, 2009
Please guys, did the Joshua man actually predict this match?
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by dipo2much(m): 1:22am On Nov 16, 2009
In my opinion,we played well and if dis were some league match i would say we derverved a draw at least. But someone's gotta loose. It would have been sore to lose on penalties. I agree that maybe sani emmanuel shouldnt have started. But would you blame the coach for trying to reward him? He comes from the bench and scores goals,we shoulda left it like that. emmanuel's selfishness cost us a clear goal in the first half. The coach was so angry when he tried to score when 2 players were better postioned for goal and he refused to pass the ball to them,the coach was telling him with body language that "if he repeated it again,he would b sitting on the bench".
The swiss played with more discipline,and who else think seferovic is less than 22? The guy's face clearly shows his teen years are far behind him and did you see him carry his coach like the coach weighed one loaf of butterfield? grin
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by blackweaver(m): 1:28am On Nov 16, 2009
@borat no mind dem jare, shameless old boys, can't even beat children over 5 yrs their junior
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by ezeagu(m): 2:15am On Nov 16, 2009
ovo4u:

cry cry cry

Is it God or Lugard, or are they the same thing?
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by dtwsola(m): 2:52am On Nov 16, 2009
dipo2much:

The above-17 {under-30} of nigeria has been defeated by the under-17 of switzerland. Righteousness exalt a nation but sin brings reproach. As for the fireworks they are saving them for next year\'s world cup. Heneric I think you are already there, I mean beside the river

All the time when Eaglets have been carrying cup while fielding under-17s nko? Why does our sin bring reproach only this time? If anything it just proves that God does not reign in the affairs of football. If only Nigerians could get that through heir skulls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault / Leicester City's Ashleigh Plumptre Invited To Super Falcon Matches In September / FIFA Remembers Sunday Oliseh’s Stunner On June 13th At The 1998 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.