Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,042 members, 7,966,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 03:01 AM

U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] - Sports (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] (29285 Views)

Poll: And the Winner is?

Nigeria: 95% (85 votes)
Switzerland: 4% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Jordan Vs Nigeria - (1 - 0) International Friendly On 28th October 2013 / Mexico V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (1 - 6) on 19 Oct 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by mrofficial(m): 9:38am On Nov 16, 2009
Selfish play, why do they train then?
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by mrofficial(m): 9:45am On Nov 16, 2009
Selfish play, why do they train then? They will always Annoy someone.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Kx: 9:51am On Nov 16, 2009
An average 10 yr old in nigeria will be in JSS 1 OR 2,
graduate from sec school 16 or 17.

Azeez is 16 yr old and he is in a footy academy,
does it mean azeez did not go to secondary school?

If u examine the average age of dis olden eaglets wtih emphasis on
Azeez and Okoro,the 16 yr olds,u ld see that Chukwudi is around 32yr old.

We can win some things with lies,we can not win everything with lies.

What a swiss sensation!
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by mrofficial(m): 9:55am On Nov 16, 2009
Selfish play, why do they train then? They will always Annoy someone.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by tkb417(m): 9:56am On Nov 16, 2009
chei, i never recover from the loss

e dey pain me die

how i go do this week o?
chei. that last ball that hit the bar with the resulting goalmouth scramble nearly gave me hBP

wow, God no wan make we win i swear
cos why tht ball no enter net?
chei!

Kx:

An average 10 yr old in nigeria will be in JSS 1 OR 2,
graduate from sec school 16 or 17.

Azeez is 16 yr old and he is in a footy academy,
does it mean azeez did not go to secondary school?

If u examine the average age of dis olden eaglets wtih emphasis on
Azeez and Okoro,the 16 yr olds,u ld see that Chukwudi is around 32yr old.

We can win some things with lies,we can not win everything with lies.

What a swiss sensation!
the dirge wont stop
continue the melancholy

when the dust settle, una brain go clear
mshewwww
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by mrofficial(m): 9:57am On Nov 16, 2009
Selfish play, why do they train then? They will always annoy someone.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by tkb417(m): 10:00am On Nov 16, 2009
mshewwww
mr.official:

Selfish play, why do they train then? They will always annoy someone.
who is gonna set u free from this auto-crase?
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by youngbest(m): 10:15am On Nov 16, 2009
we lost e pain me
wetin pain me pass
na d way azeez and chukwudi cry
wen chukwudi was going 2 collect d fair play
he looked pretty young
we tried but we could have done better,
i tink d central defenders and azeez should graduate
to dere u-20 straight up,
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by salinco(m): 10:18am On Nov 16, 2009
youngbest:

we lost e pain me
wetin pain me pass
na d way azeez and chukwudi cry
wen chukwudi was going 2 collect d fair play
he looked pretty young
we tried but we could have done better,
i tink d central defenders and azeez should graduate
to dere u-20 straight up,

Very good talk.

Azeez is a very good footballer
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by tonjoan: 10:23am On Nov 16, 2009
Where are the promoters of the commodity called T.B. JOSHUA? Aint they talking again? Nonsense
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by tonjoan: 10:27am On Nov 16, 2009
Where are the promoters of the commodity called T.B. JOSHUA? Aint they talking again? Nonsense
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by waledoy(m): 10:38am On Nov 16, 2009
COMPLACENCY caused GE failure
they thougth they were dr already when they still have some battle left.

Emman and S Okoro are too selfish they are after individual glory 4gt footy is a team game.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by waledoy(m): 10:43am On Nov 16, 2009
NL Traffic,
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by mrofficial(m): 10:45am On Nov 16, 2009
tkb417:

mshewwwwwho is gonna set u free from this auto-crase?

LWKM! Na nairaland ooo, with 502 gateway time out.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by mrofficial(m): 10:51am On Nov 16, 2009
tkb417:

mshewwwwwho is gonna set u free from this auto-crase?

LWKM! Na nairaland ooo, with 504 gateway time out.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by omar22(m): 10:54am On Nov 16, 2009
9ICE quotes "Monkey is different from Chimpanzee"

Under Jose Mourinho S Okoro would have been dragged off within the first 25 minutes of the first half,
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by mreds: 11:36am On Nov 16, 2009
Has any good come out of the Abuja national stadium since it's inception?
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by JProspero: 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2009
Nigerians are terrible losers. Because we lost, Okoro, Emmanuel etc have all become selfish and bad; Abuja stadium, Aso Rock etc have become the problem. If one of those shots that hit the crossbar or saved by the Swiss goalie had entered, we would have been praising the same boys. I think we need to be ashamed of our ingratitude and short memory. We did not deserve to qualify for World 2010, yet God gave it to us. Half of our U-17 team was removed through the MRI test; a new team assembled within 2 months by a new coach after two other coaches had been sacked; we lost three goals to Germany and came back to level scores; no Nigerian believed the team would go far, yet it reached the final, outplayed Swiss guys by ball possession and lost by one goal; and yet we have the mouth to complain and look for whom to blame. Haba! Na real waah for una!
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by kehindebad(m): 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2009
All of a sudden the boys are not good anymore,
i'm not surprised since a lot of you gave up on them before the 1st kick,
the boys did well in the circumstances,

and personally, i'd prefer losing the U17 final & qualify for the world cup, lol
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by kehindebad(m): 12:35pm On Nov 16, 2009

and personally, i'd prefer losing the U17 final & qualify for the world cup, lol
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by tkb417(m): 12:43pm On Nov 16, 2009
kehindebad:

u dey mind them?
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by 49cents(m): 1:30pm On Nov 16, 2009
yeah we are bad losers!

Football is a game and we'll remain only a game. it is not a do or die affair.
I really wanted us to win and carry the day but then we win some and loose some.
What we should be thinking about is about is raising our game e.g raising a team with sound technical discipline; stopping age cheats etc it is not just about winning all of the time.
the swiss were more disciplined almost everywhere and deserved to win.

Lastly can someone very familiar with Facebook polls start a campaign about not using Amodu for even the African Nations Cup, he is just not up to it.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by FKseun(m): 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2009
The nation will only move forward when we start telling ourselves the REAL truth. Just look at it, it is emotions that becloud our judgements and not patrotism! Football is just one tiny aspect of our national life, why should it be any different from our corrupt style?
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by FKseun(m): 2:17pm On Nov 16, 2009
The nation will only move forward when we start telling ourselves the REAL truth. Just look at it, it is emotions that becloud our judgements and not patrotism! Football is just one tiny aspect of our national life, why should it be any different from our corrupt style?
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by FKseun(m): 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2009
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Kx: 3:21pm On Nov 16, 2009
E jor,I need to know pls.

Since Azeez and co are under 17,can someone kindly tell me d age bracket
of the Okocha boys in Oceanic talent hunt?
Are they under 12?

What is d aim of dese talent hunt shows?
Are dey geared at driving balance sheet figures or what?
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 16, 2009
I hail the boys no matter what any one says, no body gave them a chance to come this far. Nigerians are fair weather supporters
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Spike88(f): 5:26pm On Nov 16, 2009
q
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Spike88(f): 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2009
nah, I don't believe these boys are older than 17, not all anyways.
they displayed a level of discipline almost incapable from a Nigerian particularly a sporting one.

It was a good run, I was impressed with their demeanour to the end, sports is all about development and grooming.
If our Federation and Government put the structures in place to support up and coming perhaps there is hope.

A good final, a pity we didn't win.

On the other hand what was all that noise (the explosions/shots). Was that a bush man ploy to distract the Swiss? We just can't help ourselves from behaving badly can we? tut tut!!
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by princekevo(m): 5:55pm On Nov 16, 2009
Una never cry finish? I won't be supprised the day wey small pikin go come NL here begin dey say i mama beat am for house.
Na waoooh make we take heart. No amount on cry or debate can reverse the match.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by OJORNEEY: 2:31am On Nov 17, 2009
una wey dey say d boys try, say nigeirans na weak fans, make una just go let una brain work now becos i no see any reason why we no fit win dat game even from the 1st half. if to say na swiss play wetin we play com win, i for no worry but swiss no even worry about winning until dem see say our team no dey organised at all. stanley okoro is the worst player nigeria has ever produced

Him dey happy say dem call 17 yrs, shey 17yrs fit play for heartland, d guy is too too selfish, him won sell himself by all means, any way i no blame am becos coach 2 get im own gain, if not dem for don change am since 1rst half.

No be luck we no get, na the over greed, selfishness and pride naim make stanley and emma waste over 4 good goals and loss the match, coach want make emmanuel win G.Boot naim make him start am and d tin com make am join the hopeless and useless stanley okoro for d selfish game.

Thank God say at the end staley no win anything, may Snago strike him down becos na him really start dat atitude 4 dat team, God purnish him.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by OJORNEEY: 2:33am On Nov 17, 2009
una wey dey say d boys try, say nigeirans na weak fans, make una just go let una brain work now becos i no see any reason why we no fit win dat game even from the 1st half. if to say na swiss play wetin we play com win, i for no worry but swiss no even worry about winning until dem see say our team no dey organised at all. stanley okoro is the worst player nigeria has ever produced

Him dey happy say dem call 17 yrs, shey 17yrs fit play for heartland, d guy is too too selfish, him won sell himself by all means, any way i no blame am becos coach 2 get im own gain, if not dem for don change am since 1rst half.

No be luck we no get, na the over greed, selfishness and pride naim make stanley and emma waste over 4 good goals and loss the match, coach want make emmanuel win G.Boot naim make him start am and d tin com make am join the hopeless and useless stanley okoro for d selfish game.

Thank God say at the end staley no win anything, may Snago strike him down becos na him really start dat atitude 4 dat team, God purnish him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Ikpeba Wants Saka To Play For Super Eagles / Eagles Will Get N18M For Every Goal Not Replied – Aiteo / Mikel Obi, Odion Ighalo Arrive Super Eagles Camp For Egypt AFCON Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.